Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,456
    Someone is going to throw a tantrum.....
    Twitter temporarily restricted Trump campaign's ability to tweet over false Covid-19 claims https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/05/tech/twitter-trump-restrict/index.html

Angry Looney Tunes GIF - Find  Share on GIPHY

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    i heard it was going to be tomorrow, but who knows?

i hope it is harris.
    Copmala? I don’t see that as being any better than Susan “Benghazi” Rice In today’s political climate. I’ll take Bass please. 2nd Bottoms and 3rd Duckworth.
    Bass will cost us Florida.  No chance.  She's damaged. 
    Still Bottoms and Duckworth.  Copmala could cost a lot of progressive votes.  Or are only progressives supposed to vote blue no matter who and centrists and righties get to call the shots?  Honestly Bass is seemingly safe if the real purpose of this election is getting Trump out and voting Biden.  I've seen people declare they will vote Biden if he pissed his pants.  A few comments on some of the good things that Castro accomplished should hardly cost the election in comparison.  
    I'm not arguing for Kamela, but the Castro praise opens up a line of attack that just isn't necessary.  
    I like Duckworth. Are there any negatives to her at all?
    Duckworth is probably the safest choice IMO.  Maybe not the most progressive but you'd have a hard time convincing me that anyone that lost any number of limbs for her country and served in congress can be viewed in any kind of negative light by any but the most extreme.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    Biden
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:

i hope it is harris.
    Copmala? I don’t see that as being any better than Susan “Benghazi” Rice In today’s political climate. I’ll take Bass please. 2nd Bottoms and 3rd Duckworth.
    Still Bottoms and Duckworth.  Copmala could cost a lot of progressive votes.  Or are only progressives supposed to vote blue no matter who and centrists and righties get to call the shots?  Honestly Bass is seemingly safe if the real purpose of this election is getting Trump out and voting Biden.  I've seen people declare they will vote Biden if he pissed his pants.  A few comments on some of the good things that Castro accomplished should hardly cost the election in comparison.  
    I'm not arguing for Kamela, but the Castro praise opens up a line of attack that just isn't necessary.  
    Duckworth is probably the safest choice IMO.  Maybe not the most progressive but you'd have a hard time convincing me that anyone that lost any number of limbs for her country and served in congress can be viewed in any kind of negative light by any but the most extreme.
    She’s the most intriguing from the “how will Trump and his campaign attack her” perspective.

”I like soldiers that don’t lose limbs.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,148
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:

i hope it is harris.

Duckworth would be an excellent choice. For the heat I get "blaming" independent swing voters, that is who biden must appeal to when going up against a sitting president 

Kamala is the most battle tested of all the candidates,  appeals to the democratic base and is a fierce campaigner and debater.

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    Biden
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:

i hope it is harris.

Duckworth would be an excellent choice. For the heat I get "blaming" independent swing voters, that is who biden must appeal to when going up against a sitting president 

Kamala is the most battle tested of all the candidates,  appeals to the democratic base and is a fierce campaigner and debater.
    I'm not so sure about that. Remember, she had to drop out of the race before the Iowa Caucus because she had such little support. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,561
    Biden
    cutz said:
    Someone is going to throw a tantrum.....
    Twitter temporarily restricted Trump campaign's ability to tweet over false Covid-19 claims https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/05/tech/twitter-trump-restrict/index.html

Angry Looney Tunes GIF - Find  Share on GIPHY

YO SEMITES
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,837
    Biden
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:

i hope it is harris.

I'm not so sure about that. Remember, she had to drop out of the race before the Iowa Caucus because she had such little support. 
    she'd appeal to moderate republicans and swing voters for her tough stance on crime. and the allegations she used the power of her office to keep people in prison. 

conservatives like that sort of thing. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    Biden
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:

i hope it is harris.

she'd appeal to moderate republicans and swing voters for her tough stance on crime. and the allegations she used the power of her office to keep people in prison. 

Yeah, but her race offsets that, anyway, unless she really doubles-down on law-and-order, to the determent of the left's vote. 

She really is someone who comes across as tough and smart (which is unfortunately a double-edged sword for a woman). I'm not a fan of her typical "get the win and lock 'em up" prosecutor attitude. Not that it would dissuade my vote.  President Harris is better than President Trump, Pence, Haley, Crenshaw, Owens, or whatever else they might throw at us.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,657
    OnWis97 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:

i hope it is harris.

Yeah, but her race offsets that, anyway, unless she really doubles-down on law-and-order, to the determent of the left's vote. 

She really is someone who comes across as tough and smart (which is unfortunately a double-edged sword for a woman). I'm not a fan of her typical "get the win and lock 'em up" prosecutor attitude. Not that it would dissuade my vote.  President Harris is better than President Trump, Pence, Haley, Crenshaw, Owens, or whatever else they might throw at us.
    What's the word on Harris' ability to work with the repubs in the senate? Hillary was widely complimented for her abilities, being prepared, etc. and was praised by repubs when she was in the senate. I haven't heard the same of Harris and Sleepy Woke Joe is going to need someone to twist arms and shepherd legislation through the senate, whether a slim repub majority or dem majority of some number. I haven't heard anything about Harris' ability to get along with her senate colleagues.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Biden
    Policy comments in this interview....not posting it here for the possible soul-eater prosecution part. 

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/06/899375561/biden-says-he-wouldnt-stand-in-the-way-of-a-trump-prosecution&t=1596719990031

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    Biden
    Kat said:
    Policy comments in this interview....not posting it here for the possible soul-eater prosecution part. 

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/06/899375561/biden-says-he-wouldnt-stand-in-the-way-of-a-trump-prosecution&t=1596719990031

You would think that tRump (being the narcissistic asshole that he is) would consider that Biden might retaliate against him if he wins due to tRump blathering on about Burrista, etc.  

If the roles were reversed you can bet that tRump would get in office and use all of his powers to make Biden's life miserable.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Biden
    They really should just lock him down and not let him say a word until the debates. 

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,837
    Biden
    jesus christ. what is he saying?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Biden
    jesus christ. what is he saying?
    Some of us have been saying for a long time that he will be his own disaster.  
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    Biden
    They really should just lock him down and not let him say a word until the debates. 

They should really hold an emergency meeting and get one of the younger candidates to replace him.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    Biden
    #ShouldHaveBeenWarren

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Biden
    Listen I know nobody wants the DNC to subvert democracy and take the "choice" out of the publics hands, but come on.  Pick Michelle Obama as vice, Drop Joe promote Michelle then put some milquetoast conservative in the VP slot so we don't alienate the republican "allies". 8 more years of conservative Neo-Liberalism for all lol
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Biden was my last choice but I don't know what the context of the interview, question, or answer was. A few seconds of a clip with no context. Otherwise, it's a gaffe, which we all know Biden makes. Not the end of the world.
  • Options
    Biden
    dignin said:
    Biden was my last choice but I don't know what the context of the interview, question, or answer was. A few seconds of a clip with no context. Otherwise, it's a gaffe, which we all know Biden makes. Not the end of the world.
    Not the end of the world but for fuck’s sake, the exact group of people whose votes he should have in the bag is who he’s insulting. A little while back, it was “If you don’t vote for me, you ain’t black.” This, in essence, is him saying all black people are the same (or at least it’s reasonable for a black person to interpret it that way). 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    From WaPo

Trump says Biden’s recent remarks were ‘a great insult to the Black community’

Trump on Thursday seized on recent remarks by Biden, describing the former vice president’s words as “a great insult to the Black community.”

It was not immediately clear which remarks the president was referring to, but Biden has drawn criticism for two interviews this week.

On Wednesday, in response to CBS correspondent Errol Barnett’s question about whether he had taken a cognitive test, Biden rhetorically asked Barnett whether he was a “junkie."

“No, I haven’t taken a test. Why the hell would I take a test? Come on, man,” Biden said in the interview. “That’s like saying, you — before you got on this program, have you taken a test whether you’re taking cocaine or not. What do you think, huh? Are you a junkie?”

Then, in an interview with NPR’s Lulu Garcia-Navarro on Thursday, Biden drew a comparison between what he views as the ideological diversity of the Latino community and that of the African American community.

“What you all know, but most people don’t know, unlike the African American community — with notable exceptions — the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community, with incredibly different attitudes about different things,” Biden said. “You go to Florida, you’ll find a very different attitude about immigration in certain places than you do when you’re in Arizona. So, it’s a very different, a very diverse community.”

Trump, who has a long history of making racist comments about Black public figures, told reporters outside the White House on Thursday that he had just watched a video clip in which Biden “totally disparaged and insulted the Black community.”

“What he said is incredible,” Trump said. “And I don’t know what’s going on with them, but it was a very insulting statement he made. … It was a great insult to the Black community.”

He later followed up with a tweet on Biden’s remarks about ideological diversity, writing, “Wow! Joe Biden just lost the entire African American community. What a 'dumb’ thing to say!”

Trump’s past remarks include his “birther” attacks on Barack Obama, his questioning of the intelligence of basketball star LeBron James and numerous other African American figures, and his demand that four Democratic congresswomen of color “go back” to the “crime-infested places from which they came."

By Felicia Sonmez

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,188
    I'm sitting this one out
    static111 said:

They should really hold an emergency meeting and get one of the younger candidates to replace him.
    The DNC was gifted a hanging change-up and delivered with a can of corn.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    Biden
    Remember when people thought the "you ain't black" thing was going to really hurt him?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    From the Hill

Biden campaign senior adviser Symone Sanders responded, telling The Hill in a statement: "If you look at the full video and transcript, it’s clear that Vice President Biden was referring to diversity of attitudes among Latinos from different Latin American countries. The video that is circulating is conveniently cut to make this about racial diversity but that’s not the case.”

Speaking at the annual National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials (NALEO) conference Thursday afternoon, Biden made a similar statement, adding that Latinos are of varying ethnic and racial identities.

“We can build a new administration that reflects the full diversity of our nation and the full diversity of our Latino community,” Biden said. “When I mean full diversity, unlike the African American community and many other communities, you’re from everywhere: from Europe, from the tip of South America, all the way to our border with Mexico and in the Caribbean. [Latinos are] of different backgrounds, different ethnicities, but they are all Latinos."

Biden historically has a track record of favorability among Black Americans, and polling in recent months have shown that he has a commanding lead over Trump with Black voters.

In a recent Economist-YouGov poll, 76 percent of Black respondents said that Biden had their vote, while only 12 percent said they would vote for Trump. Biden's advantage with Hispanic voters in the poll wasn't as stark, with 54 percent of Hispanic voters choosing him and 24 percent picking Trump.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/510901-biden-criticized-for-comparing-latino-and-african-american-diversity

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    Biden
    static111 said:

Yes nothing like subverting the voters
  • Options
    Biden
    From the Hill

Biden campaign senior adviser Symone Sanders responded, telling The Hill in a statement: "If you look at the full video and transcript, it’s clear that Vice President Biden was referring to diversity of attitudes among Latinos from different Latin American countries. The video that is circulating is conveniently cut to make this about racial diversity but that’s not the case.”

Speaking at the annual National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials (NALEO) conference Thursday afternoon, Biden made a similar statement, adding that Latinos are of varying ethnic and racial identities.

“We can build a new administration that reflects the full diversity of our nation and the full diversity of our Latino community,” Biden said. “When I mean full diversity, unlike the African American community and many other communities, you’re from everywhere: from Europe, from the tip of South America, all the way to our border with Mexico and in the Caribbean. [Latinos are] of different backgrounds, different ethnicities, but they are all Latinos."

Biden historically has a track record of favorability among Black Americans, and polling in recent months have shown that he has a commanding lead over Trump with Black voters.

In a recent Economist-YouGov poll, 76 percent of Black respondents said that Biden had their vote, while only 12 percent said they would vote for Trump. Biden's advantage with Hispanic voters in the poll wasn't as stark, with 54 percent of Hispanic voters choosing him and 24 percent picking Trump.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/510901-biden-criticized-for-comparing-latino-and-african-american-diversity
    There's zero wrong with this statement.  It certainly isn't racist.  Black Americans,  and white ones have been ingrained in the US culture for generations,  whereas someone emigrating from Mexico is very different than someone from Cuba.  Is this controversial?
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Biden
    JW269453 said:
    static111 said:

The DNC was gifted a hanging change-up and delivered with a can of corn.
    Do you think the DNC chooses the candidate? Did you sleep through the primaries?  People just like me overwhelmingly voted for Biden over the other individuals who made their own decision to run for president.  

Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179
    Biden
    did you see the se cupp tweet that she is getting ratioed on? she wants to vote for biden, but it all depends on his running mate. 

i guess she hasn't seen enough of trump to make an informed decision....

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179
    Biden

people like her are the absolute worst. pretend to agonize over such a simple decision in a way that she can go back and justify voting for trump later.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Biden

people like her are the absolute worst. pretend to agonize over such a simple decision in a way that she can go back and justify voting for trump later.
    Agreed.. unless she would otherwise stay home.  
  • Options
    Biden
    static111 said:
    Listen I know nobody wants the DNC to subvert democracy and take the "choice" out of the publics hands, but come on.  Pick Michelle Obama as vice, Drop Joe promote Michelle then put some milquetoast conservative in the VP slot so we don't alienate the republican "allies". 8 more years of conservative Neo-Liberalism for all lol

mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:

Yes nothing like subverting the voters
    Yeah I already addressed the “subversion” It’s only an illusion of choice anyway. 
    Scio me nihil scire