Options

How has your life changed?

Comments

• Options
    A weekly trip to the grocery is met with planning like I'm going off to war. Gear. Contingencies. Don't go outside of the neighborhood otherwise.  More viewing of and posting in the forums, though.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    We really miss seeing our families. It just sucks.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    mfc2006 said:
    What family?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    mfc2006 said:
    This...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    mfc2006 said:
    What family?
    Just stop...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    mfc2006 said:
    Fuckin' A.  I speak with my mom and sister often, but there's nothing like a good deep hug with someone you love so much.

An aside...like many daughters, lots of things my mom does irritate the holy fuck out of me.  Lately, that irritation is more like a brief internal "grrrr".  It's become so inconsequential, you know?
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,310
    static111 said:
    Before covid-19 I had friends here, now I no longer do.
    I’ll be your friend
    Not for long, like most people here.
    Hey try to step back a bit pause we are all under tremendous stress during this crisis, don’t take it to personal I consider everyone here to be good folks like yourself! So take it easy everyone should try to have a good Sunday..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,138
    static111 said:
    I’ll be your friend
    Hey try to step back a bit pause we are all under tremendous stress during this crisis, don’t take it to personal I consider everyone here to be good folks like yourself! So take it easy everyone should try to have a good Sunday..

Has NSUH gotten any slower this weekend? Stay safe!
  • Options
    static111 said:
    I’ll be your friend

Has NSUH gotten any slower this weekend? Stay safe!
    Not sure I’m off weekends, tomorrow morning I’m back in the OR we have core meetings to get updated..I’m hoping it was not too bad

• Options
    mfc2006 said:
    What family?
    What the fuck is this supposed to mean?
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Fuckin' A.  I speak with my mom and sister often, but there's nothing like a good deep hug with someone you love so much.

An aside...like many daughters, lots of things my mom does irritate the holy fuck out of me.  Lately, that irritation is more like a brief internal "grrrr".  It's become so inconsequential, you know?
    Exactly. I just want to hug them all.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,808

Just want to share a little story.

This morning at 1:25am I wake up at a truck stop, put on my gloves and mask, and walk inside to get my morning coffee. I have my hand sanitizer with me as I now just find it easier to wipe down the coffee cup and lid inside rather than do it in my truck. As I walk towards the coffee their is a young(35) lady and an older man(65) in mid conversation. Neither of the 2 are wearing masks or gloves and they are standing about 6 inches apart. Here is what the charming young lady, WHO WORKS FOR THE TRUCKSTOP HAD TO SAY...

This is all bullshit anyway, I'm so sick of this crap. I could go over and lick that door knob and I am not going to get coronavirus. I am sick of people coming in here with their masks on and acting like the world is going to end. Though they may be right. Because China is soon going to drop some nukes on us, and I guess we wont have to worry about this bullshit virus.

I grab my coffee and walk to the counter. She follows me up and asks, "Is that all you are getting?"

I reply, "yes"

She says, "Go ahead coffee is on me"

I reply "Thank You" "Have a nice day."

She says, "I would give this whole damn store away if I could"

I walk away.

SHE WAS THE FIRST PERSON I TALKED TO TODAY! FUCK!

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options

This morning at 1:25am I wake up at a truck stop, put on my gloves and mask, and walk inside to get my morning coffee. I have my hand sanitizer with me as I now just find it easier to wipe down the coffee cup and lid inside rather than do it in my truck. As I walk towards the coffee their is a young(35) lady and an older man(65) in mid conversation. Neither of the 2 are wearing masks or gloves and they are standing about 6 inches apart. Here is what the charming young lady, WHO WORKS FOR THE TRUCKSTOP HAD TO SAY...

This is all bullshit anyway, I'm so sick of this crap. I could go over and lick that door knob and I am not going to get coronavirus. I am sick of people coming in here with their masks on and acting like the world is going to end. Though they may be right. Because China is soon going to drop some nukes on us, and I guess we wont have to worry about this bullshit virus.

I grab my coffee and walk to the counter. She follows me up and asks, "Is that all you are getting?"

I reply, "yes"

I walk away.

Wow. That's a shitty tone for the day, man. Unbelievable. Be safe out there, Mike.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:

I reply, "yes"

I walk away.

Wow. That's a shitty tone for the day, man. Unbelievable. Be safe out there, Mike.

This lady was an ABSOLUTE FUCKING LUNATIC!

Its been what, a good 4-6 weeks since I have been deemed essential? In that span of time I have counted 7-10 truckers wearing masks. Which means I have counted 500-1000 NOT wearing masks inside the truck stops. They climb on top of each other to get their coffee, they stand 3 inches apart in line to checkout. Essential? I guess. Essentially real FUCKING STUPID? Absolutely!

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    mfc2006 said:

I reply, "yes"

I walk away.

This lady was an ABSOLUTE FUCKING LUNATIC!

Its been what, a good 4-6 weeks since I have been deemed essential? In that span of time I have counted 7-10 truckers wearing masks. Which means I have counted 500-1000 NOT wearing masks inside the truck stops. They climb on top of each other to get their coffee, they stand 3 inches apart in line to checkout. Essential? I guess. Essentially real FUCKING STUPID? Absolutely!

Damn, that’s so disappointing. Glad to hear you’re doing what you need to do to stay healthy, and that at least some truck stops are open for you to get what you need, even though obviously sub-par. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options

Another story.

Last week, or 2 weeks ago a few states have given permission for some licensed food trucks to set up shop in rest areas to provide HOT FOOD to us truck drivers. Pretty cool idea. Then I read how the truck stop owners/workers were pissed because this was taking away from their business. I NEVER LAUGHED SO FUCKING HARD! The truck stops have been over charging us drivers for anything and everything for 100 years. They know damned well that we have no choice to purchase from them so everything is MARKED UP! It is what it is.

Anyway, last week I go to shut down at a rest area in Ohio, and sure enough there was a gentleman and his food truck. I wander over to see what its all about. This guy was NOT FUCKING AROUND! He had slabs of ribs, cheeseburgers, and something else that I don't remember. He had a deep fryer in the truck for French fries, he had a huge generator running, and he had a smoker outside for the ribs. Pretty damned cool. I had a cheeseburger, which he charged me $11 for, I grabbed a couple diet cokes, and tipped the guy $7. He was floored by the tip. But hey, I appreciated what he was doing. He said he had been there 3 days in a row, told me his hours, and said business was great. I was happy for him. Very nice young man, very polite, very appreciative.

• Options

Another story.

Last week, or 2 weeks ago a few states have given permission for some licensed food trucks to set up shop in rest areas to provide HOT FOOD to us truck drivers. Pretty cool idea. Then I read how the truck stop owners/workers were pissed because this was taking away from their business. I NEVER LAUGHED SO FUCKING HARD! The truck stops have been over charging us drivers for anything and everything for 100 years. They know damned well that we have no choice to purchase from them so everything is MARKED UP! It is what it is.

Anyway, last week I go to shut down at a rest area in Ohio, and sure enough there was a gentleman and his food truck. I wander over to see what its all about. This guy was NOT FUCKING AROUND! He had slabs of ribs, cheeseburgers, and something else that I don't remember. He had a deep fryer in the truck for French fries, he had a huge generator running, and he had a smoker outside for the ribs. Pretty damned cool. I had a cheeseburger, which he charged me $11 for, I grabbed a couple diet cokes, and tipped the guy $7. He was floored by the tip. But hey, I appreciated what he was doing. He said he had been there 3 days in a row, told me his hours, and said business was great. I was happy for him. Very nice young man, very polite, very appreciative.

Glad your ok and healthy , sucks people are so damn stubborn about this crisis , they should all have to come to a hospital that has 4 freezer trucks parked in lot full of bodies the worst day here for casualties 70 patients perished in a 24 hr period this ain’t no hoax ..
  • Options

Another story.

Glad your ok and healthy , sucks people are so damn stubborn about this crisis , they should all have to come to a hospital that has 4 freezer trucks parked in lot full of bodies the worst day here for casualties 70 patients perished in a 24 hr period this ain’t no hoax ..

I couldn't even imagine working in that type of environment. BE SAFE!

My sister is a Compliance Manager for nursing home facilities, here in Chicago.  They had a big issue with some of their facilities in Michigan. Don't ask the issue, I don't know. Anyway she has been an RN. for over 30 years. She had to travel to Michigan last week and work with covid patients. I don't think she has worked one on one with patients of any kind in at least 20 years.

But duty called.

And off she went.

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,173

I reply, "yes"

I walk away.

i do have a practical question about truck stops.

have you ever bought one of those medieval knight armor helmets? what about a sword?

i never got why truckstops sell these, but with as long as you have been driving you could maybe own a few entire suits of armor that we do not know about.

:lol:
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options

I reply, "yes"

I walk away.

have you ever bought one of those medieval knight armor helmets? what about a sword?

i never got why truckstops sell these, but with as long as you have been driving you could maybe own a few entire suits of armor that we do not know about.

No.

I usually make a bee line to the fishing pole aisle, and then I go to the flip flop aisle.

• Options

I reply, "yes"

I walk away.

No.

I usually make a bee line to the fishing pole aisle, and then I go to the flip flop aisle.

i love the randomness of the aisles at those places.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options

I reply, "yes"

I walk away.

No.

Fishing poles, flip flops, model airplanes, cowboy hats, you name it, THEY HAVE IT!  
  • Options

I reply, "yes"

I walk away.

No.

Fishing poles, flip flops, model airplanes, cowboy hats, you name it, THEY HAVE IT!  
    i am partial to the yosemite sam mudflap aisle.

• Options

I reply, "yes"

I walk away.

No.

I thought you were supposed to be working from home?

Not playing on the internet.

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829

Another story.

That's a good story...but now I want some damn ribs!
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,520
    Take care Speedy..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options

I reply, "yes"

I walk away.

No.

i can work in between posts. i'm pretty versatile.

• Options

I reply, "yes"

I walk away.

No.

You are indeed an amazing man. hahahahahahahaha
  • Options

Speaking of amazing.

Tonight is the 1st night in 5-6 weeks? that I am going to enjoy an adult beverage.

I am excited.

Its the little victories in life...….

• Options

I reply, "yes"

I walk away.

No.

You are indeed an amazing man. hahahahahahahaha
    that's what SHE said, haha