Options

How has your life changed?

Comments

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,181

Speaking of amazing.

Tonight is the 1st night in 5-6 weeks? that I am going to enjoy an adult beverage.

I am excited.

Its the little victories in life...….

i haven't had one in over a month. feels a little strange. 
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,320

Speaking of amazing.

Tonight is the 1st night in 5-6 weeks? that I am going to enjoy an adult beverage.

I am excited.

Yes I appreciate just sitting in backyard with a drink listening to the natural sounds ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,088

Speaking of amazing.

I am excited.

i haven't had one in over a month. feels a little strange. 
    Not that I'm a big drinker in any way, but I have not had any beer during this whole time. I also haven't had any Mexican food which I love, my favorite place is this hole in the wall place in Brooklyn but getting there requires the subway and I'm not going on the subway now just for a burrito.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,118
    Wait ... so there are people NOT drinking during this?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    I can’t fathom that! If anything I need a stiff drink after work..
  • Options
    I can’t fathom that! If anything I need a stiff drink after work..
    You more so than most here!  Take care of yourself...but yes I agree.  It's a stressful time.  As my work has entailed preparing a site for re-opening (not fully) as soon as DeWine opened Ohio back up, it's been a very stressful time and having to learn really quick and try to answer people's concerns and questions.  I feel we are in a good place to open up, except for the fact that I do not think everyone will take it seriously as they should and it will lead to confrontations and too many discussions.  

Plus I've been ordering from local breweries to help ensure they can stay in business!  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,553
    One more month out of business..shit..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,816

Well, if my wifes 4 year degree in Psychology doesn't pan out. Or if her 2 year degree in nursing doesn't work out either?

SHE IS A NATURAL BARBER!

I got a hold of some professional clippers, haircutting gadgets, etc. and my wife gave me a haircut today. It turned out just as nice, if not better, than any haircut I have paid for in the last 40 years. She was a natural.

Hahahahahahahaha

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options

Well, if my wifes 4 year degree in Psychology doesn't pan out. Or if her 2 year degree in nursing doesn't work out either?

SHE IS A NATURAL BARBER!

I got a hold of some professional clippers, haircutting gadgets, etc. and my wife gave me a haircut today. It turned out just as nice, if not better, than any haircut I have paid for in the last 40 years. She was a natural.

Hahahahahahahaha

Cool I had my daughter & wife both cut my hair lol 
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,088

SHE IS A NATURAL BARBER!

Hahahahahahahaha

I'm getting close to needing one as I go every three to four months. 
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,772
    I would say I drink and smoke a bit more than usual. 

Maybe.

No, yeah, a bit more.  Ah huh. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    Position was eliminated Friday....26 week vacation!
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    CM189191 said:

Your in luck- the virtual lounge is open!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    CM189191 said:

But seriously- that sucks.   I hope you get by OK without the job until things get better.

• Options
    MissPennyLaneMissPennyLane Redondo Beach, CA Posts: 687
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    That sucks. Good luck 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,869
    wife goes back to work next week. i'll be working from home for "several months" according to my workplace, which is odd to me, since they seem to be so aggressively opening everything back up in this province. so, great, now i'll be trying to juggle work and dealing with the kids being at home with me. luckily they have adapted well and don't seem to need much assistance, but at least with my wife home, there's been someone to tell them to STFU more politely than i do. 

might have to start working more in the evenings. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,011
    "but at least with my wife home, there's been someone to tell them to STFU more politely than i do."
    @HughFreakingDillon  Oh man did that make me laugh. A toast to you. Good luck! =)
  • Options
    i am happy to report that due to covid and the closure of bars here, i have not had a drink in 7.5 weeks. it will be 8 weeks on saturday. i feel great and do not even miss having a few beers every weekend. i may ride this out and see how long i can go. i went a year sober about 10 years ago and that was a big challenge back then.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    i am happy to report that due to covid and the closure of bars here, i have not had a drink in 7.5 weeks. it will be 8 weeks on saturday. i feel great and do not even miss having a few beers every weekend. i may ride this out and see how long i can go. i went a year sober about 10 years ago and that was a big challenge back then.
    i can't imagine summer without beer. i think i'd become a billionaire if i could brew a non-alcoholic beer that doesn't taste like snot. i have tried them all. because i honestly don't care about getting drunk. i just fucking love the taste of beer. and i'd love to be able to have a beer in the afternoon and not need a nap afterwards. they all have the same weird aftertaste that is just awful. must have something to do with the process of how they de-alcoholize it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,406
    i can't imagine summer without beer. i think i'd become a billionaire if i could brew a non-alcoholic beer that doesn't taste like snot. i have tried them all. because i honestly don't care about getting drunk. i just fucking love the taste of beer. and i'd love to be able to have a beer in the afternoon and not need a nap afterwards. they all have the same weird aftertaste that is just awful. must have something to do with the process of how they de-alcoholize it. 
    I’m going on 8 months without a drink. I feel much better and have dropped my weight a good deal. Don’t miss it one bit.

ive tried a few N/A beers, most are trash. The Heineken zero I like. Fairly close to the real deal. I’ve picked up a N/A Helles from a local taproom the was good as well. Now if someone could figure out a good N/A IPA, I’d be set.
  • Options
    I’m going on 8 months without a drink. I feel much better and have dropped my weight a good deal. Don’t miss it one bit.

ive tried a few N/A beers, most are trash. The Heineken zero I like. Fairly close to the real deal. I’ve picked up a N/A Helles from a local taproom the was good as well. Now if someone could figure out a good N/A IPA, I’d be set.
    i tried the NA heineken, and it has that same aftertaste as the rest. i just couldn't do it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    man i had a very tasty dark non-alcoholic been a few years ago.. we used to drink it in a bar that was open til 3 am. we used to go there after regular bars closed for a nightcap but we would drink the N/A beer to sober up. i can't think if the name for the life of me. that place shut down a couple of years ago so i can't even call them to ask.

• Options

i tried the NA heineken, and it has that same aftertaste as the rest. i just couldn't do it. 
    I think the trick to NA beers is to not have any beer for like 6 or 7 months, then have one. That’s what I did, and I found them to be fairly tasty.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,840

I think the trick to NA beers is to not have any beer for like 6 or 7 months, then have one. That’s what I did, and I found them to be fairly tasty.
    Low expectations mean you may often be pleasantly surprised. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Seriously?

NA beers you are talking about? Yuck. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Seriously?

NA beers you are talking about? Yuck. 

Yeah, I've gotta say, same with wine.  I've abstained from alcohol from time to time but done so along with a cleansing diet with all or mostly raw fruits, vegetable, sprouts and herb teas.  For me it's either drink or don't. 

I'm trying to eat healthy these days but I have to admit to an increased consumption of alcohol.  Fortunately, my body doesn't tolerate large quantities, so it's not really a big deal.  I need to chill at the end of a long day of fretting and trying to figure out our future.  I need that beer or glass or two of wine with dinner and a shot of Southern Comfort in the late evening.

And for those who abstain, I admire that.  Kudos.

• Options

That’s how I roll...
  • Options

Yeah that's really working out splendidly these days
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,840

Yeah that's really working out splendidly these days
    *Results are not guaranteed. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf