Options

How has your life changed?

Comments

• Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I have some guy coming to buy a modem off me tomorrow.
    Wondering how to do the transaction without getting close to him.
    Do I ask him to leave the money on the floor and I'll leave the modem on the floor?
    You don't have any app for that in the AUS?

We have one called Swish which everyone uses. You connect your phone number to your bank, and people just pay to eachothers phone numbers.

You don't have something similiar?

Never heard of it.
    We quickly exchanged the modem and money at an arms distance away, I put the money in a container and washed my hands right away.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Before Coronavirus I was not seen as a right-wing, Fox news watching racist.
    After Coronavirus I am seen as a right-wing, Fox news watching racist.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    You keep saying / dwelling on that.  Am I missing something?
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    You keep saying / dwelling on that.  Am I missing something?
    In the Trump thread.....
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,691
    edited March 2020
    F**k em TA  :)

New Change: Ordered a BIKE! Christ, only rode one once in Santa Monica since a car left turned into me and I flew over the truck and landed on my bare ass head in grade 6. (Splains slot, haha!)

Gonna bloody bike the new trails along the lakes with the kid this spring! F&!k.
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    thanks Tish, it was two individuals on here making assumptions about me. Trolls. 
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,092
    Good to hear from you on here @SPEEDY MCCREADY Stay safe out there. Thank you for all you do. 

My situation...
    As @gimmesometruth27 stated earlier, we here in STL are now on a stay at home order. Which means I’m out of work for at least 30 more days. Things are getting scary. No income and no timeline of when I might be able to go back is frightening. I have never faced this type of scenario in my life. My kids are bored and scared. Scared for right now and the future. Weird times. 

Take care everyone. Be safe and try to stay healthy. 

• Options
    You take care too, Abe. 
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    You take care too, Abe. 
    Thank you. These forums are keeping me sane and hopeful. Especially talk about Gigaton and the “things that give you hope” thread. Seriously, scary times. I know everyone’s  location is all over and having different experiences, some better, some a lot worse, but here in St. Louis things are very surreal. There’s an eerie feel all around. Yet at the same time my home is somewhat normal. Eating great meals, listening to vinyl and having drinks. It’s all so strange. I’ve never felt so helpless in knowing what might come next. 😔
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    funny how a tragedy can bring out the best in some people, and the worst in others
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    funny how a tragedy can bring out the best in some people, and the worst in others
    I know huh. I hope you can show us your better side.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,181
    Good to hear from you on here @SPEEDY MCCREADY Stay safe out there. Thank you for all you do. 

My situation...
    As @gimmesometruth27 stated earlier, we here in STL are now on a stay at home order. Which means I’m out of work for at least 30 more days. Things are getting scary. No income and no timeline of when I might be able to go back is frightening. I have never faced this type of scenario in my life. My kids are bored and scared. Scared for right now and the future. Weird times. 

Take care everyone. Be safe and try to stay healthy. 

i still haven't heard from my company what i am supposed to do for covering these surgeries the next few weeks. i think i am ok to cover the wednesday one in columbia, but am not sure if i am allowed to go to illinois.

the one thing i have noticed over the weekend is that people here are being a lot nicer to strangers. people will hold the door and wish you good day and good health, which is so strange to me because we never hear that these days. i saw some teenagers, unprompted, help an old woman put her groceries into her trunk yesterday, which was nice. this does bring out the best in people. hopefully that and hand hygiene will be the lasting consequences of this thing.

sorry to hear about you being out of work for so long. that has to be so strange. 

take care everyone.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,570
    edited March 2020
    I'm still working. Just not as much or as hard.
    Not going out to eat at all. No carryout yet either.
    No gym to go to.
    Watching way more tv and reading more.
    Long walks every day (5-6 miles).
    More time on the Peloton.
    Washing my hands way more often and purelling more often.
    Avoiding more people more often.
    Still on here too much.

Be careful everyone and WASH YOUR DAMN HANDS
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Out of work for the time being.  Looks like at least until this passes, if it does. Going on more runs and exercising more.  Also reading and playing guitar more.  For the first time ever standing in line at the grocery store 1/2 hr before it opens to get TP because we are out at home.  More time with my wife and daughter which is great, but also plenty of economic anxiety based on wondering what we will do to cover the bills if the stay at home and don’t go to work orders outlast our limited emergency savings.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,773
    In about an hour, the last two book orders I received before shutting down QC will go out and my little book business will be shut down for I don't know how long.  My other jobs (The Bookery and my vinyl business) are already goners (at least for now- possibly for good), so today means the end of work for me.  The disconnect is that I know this is how it must be and that sheltering ion place is the right thing to do, but I also know not having a job is going to hurt financially and psychologically.  I need to find something useful to do- quick!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    It's a good time to feed the mind.

The brain-bone's connected to the....
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,321
    brianlux said:
    In about an hour, the last two book orders I received before shutting down QC will go out and my little book business will be shut down for I don't know how long.  My other jobs (The Bookery and my vinyl business) are already goners (at least for now- possibly for good), so today means the end of work for me.  The disconnect is that I know this is how it must be and that sheltering ion place is the right thing to do, but I also know not having a job is going to hurt financially and psychologically.  I need to find something useful to do- quick!
    So sorry Brian I’m praying for folks like you with small businesses that are really affected by this crisis , I can only help from here by listening & talking to you 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    So sorry Brian I’m praying for folks like you with small businesses that are really affected by this crisis , I can only help from here by listening & talking to you 
    Yes +1000 ^
    ...and I feel for everyone right now. Again, I hope all of you are safe and staying healthy (and sane!)
  • Options
    brianlux said:

Thank you so much, Jose.  That means a lot to me.  I hope you are doing well.  Thank you for your work!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    The governor just closed our schools for the remainder if the academic year. So . . . I will be home doing whatever the bosses tell me to do from home. This week and last it was just monitoring email. Every email kept saying hold off on posting new work for students.  They're still concerned about equity in my district with a significant number of students lacking computer or Internet access at home. What a mess.

Everything else is the same. Hanging out with my mom, making sure she eats healthy meals. Going for walks. Watching movies. Trying to read more. I'm gonna run out of of weed soon. That will be a problem. Hahaha 
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,121
    brianlux said:
    Take care.  It is getting more and more real.  My workplace is limiting even more.  I will be going in periodically as 1 of 5 site people that will check on the facility and work that is still occurring.  And to be honest, I like the normalcy of going into work. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    damn brian so sorry to read this. best wishes for you and the family. i know this is just temporary, but it is getting really real that this is the new reality for the next several weeks at least.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    brianlux said:
    Take care.  It is getting more and more real.  My workplace is limiting even more.  I will be going in periodically as 1 of 5 site people that will check on the facility and work that is still occurring.  And to be honest, I like the normalcy of going into work. 
    Thanks, Cincy.  I hope you're doing well.  Hopefully you'll be able to return to a regular schedule not too far down the line.
    brianlux said:
    damn brian so sorry to read this. best wishes for you and the family. i know this is just temporary, but it is getting really real that this is the new reality for the next several weeks at least.
    Thank you, gimme.  We'll be OK, we're hoping we'll be able to open again.  That's the plan!

And thank you big-time for your work in the field of health services.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    Thanks, Cincy.  I hope you're doing well.  Hopefully you'll be able to return to a regular schedule not too far down the line.
    brianlux said:
    Thank you, gimme.  We'll be OK, we're hoping we'll be able to open again.  That's the plan!

And thank you big-time for your work in the field of health services.

that's good. my fingers are crossed for you and everyone on here.

thanks man, but i am not doing direct patient care anymore. in november i left that field and took a sales job. i still work in surgery, but i provide the thing that surgeons need to do their cases better and more efficiently. i view it as helping surgeons help their patients. it is just in a different way than what i have done the last 20 years.

• Options
    The governor just closed our schools for the remainder if the academic year. So . . . I will be home doing whatever the bosses tell me to do from home. This week and last it was just monitoring email. Every email kept saying hold off on posting new work for students.  They're still concerned about equity in my district with a significant number of students lacking computer or Internet access at home. What a mess.

Everything else is the same. Hanging out with my mom, making sure she eats healthy meals. Going for walks. Watching movies. Trying to read more. I'm gonna run out of of weed soon. That will be a problem. Hahaha 
    We’ve got a fella coming by here soon with the goods :bee:

Our schools are closed until the end of April, but who knows. 

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,870
    it's been a week of uncertainty. started last week normally enough. getting normal updates from our executive and the provincial government. then bam, it seemed to happen instantly, emails late monday telling us all to go home at end of day tuesday and to stay there. you'll be contacted by IT to set up with a VPN connection when time permits to start working from home. finally set up friday. until that email i didn't know what a vpn connection was. first day of work from home today. never done that before, ever. so that was an adjustment. trying to work while my kids fight/laugh/ask me questions about school work/my wife on the phone with colleagues/etc. it was NOT a very productive day. hope for better tomorrow. 

wife has been dealing with a flip-flopping provincial government on what they will be doing with child care centres (she's the AD of a pretty big one). loads of stress and anger and then some wine to celebrate the right call, finally. lol. 

had a "covid kitchen party' with friends over facetime on saturday, which brought some level of normalcy back. 

if schools don't return this year, my girl in grade 8 won't have the farewell she was expecting, as she starts at high school in the fall. not a huge deal in the grand scheme, but it still sucks for her. 

we're still going out for walks as a couple/family, keeping our distance from others, following the guidelines. horrified watching these young idiots in "florida of the north" BC still flocking to the fucking beach. idiots. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,691
    You didn't hear? They're called covidiots.

Stay well!

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Been working from him since last Wednesday. Our lockdown starts at midnight...so, about 2+ hours from now. It’s an odd feeling.

We planned a big goodbye party for a close friend..it was going to be about 30 people this past Saturday. It ended up just being 4 of us. Felt so bad for her.

my sisters workplace has multiple positive tests, and now my brothers does as well. We’re all most concerned about my Mom, though. She’s in her late 70’s and recently beat lung cancer, but had to have part of her lung removed. Now we can’t drive the 45 minutes to her house to see her. Thinking of everyone and hope that we get through this quickly.

Be safe & take care, all.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    Been working from him since last Wednesday. Our lockdown starts at midnight...so, about 2+ hours from now. It’s an odd feeling.

We planned a big goodbye party for a close friend..it was going to be about 30 people this past Saturday. It ended up just being 4 of us. Felt so bad for her.

my sisters workplace has multiple positive tests, and now my brothers does as well. We’re all most concerned about my Mom, though. She’s in her late 70’s and recently beat lung cancer, but had to have part of her lung removed. Now we can’t drive the 45 minutes to her house to see her. Thinking of everyone and hope that we get through this quickly.

Be safe & take care, all.

Good thoughts for your mom, mfc.  I hope she's doing OK and keeping safe at home.

We're very close to four people (just heard about the fourth) who are in their 70's to 80's and all high risk.  It's really hard not being able to go see them- I totally empathize. 

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,553
    I'm tottaly fucked Speedy..the restaurant that i work is closed for 12th days now and don't see it open before early May..state's money will come after 10 April..my last payment it was in 16th of March, 180 dollars..i know many other people in same shit, some of them with kids, staying home with no money..depression will exploid in next days..
    gods help us all..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..