Options

Superblood Wolfmoon dropping soon?

Comments

• Options
    YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 549
    I was expecting Pigpen and Snoopy to come out and dance on this one =)
    It would have fit perfectly.  This video is retro and modern all at once.  Stone looks great.  Mike and his solo are sweet.  
  • Options
    I don't like pop music in general, but if by some chance if I was listening to a pop station and this song came on, I would move on to a rock station. "La la la la?" Not as bad as Spinal Tap and jazz fusion but the fact that this is what the first two songs released even make me think of that as an analogy is a bummer.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,411
    Superblood Wolfmoon [Explicit] by Pearl Jam #1 in Top 100 songs and #1 in Rock Songs https://amzn.to/2SQwL48
    That's better than Dance did on Amazon. SBWM is #2 on the iTunes Rock Charts because NCIS played Precious and Few by Climax 

I miss igotid88
  • Options
    wolfamongwolveswolfamongwolves Posts: 2,408
    edited February 2020
    rbrum7 said: Wow, just wow. This guy is really judging songs by grammar. This is the first time I've ever seen such nonsense. 
    🙄 No. I'm not. I'm talking about the meaning of the song. And it's hardly crazy to think the meaning of the song might be affected if some of the words are meaningless, now, is it? So what's your problem with me saying that? 
    And please! The "first time you've ever seen such nonsense"?! You realise there's an entire sub-forum here with 3,500 threads dedicated to "such nonsense"?! Believe it or not, some people are actually interested in what the lyrics mean... or don't.
    Otherwise, Ed could content himself with just writing lalalalalas for every verse..
    Post edited by wolfamongwolves on
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • Options
    BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 580
    rbrum7 said:
    Wow, just wow. This guy is really judging songs by grammar. This is the first time I've ever seen such nonsense. 
    🙄No I'm not. I'm talking about the meaning of the song. And it's hardly crazy to think the meaning of the song might be affected if some of the words are meaningless? What's your problem with me saying that? 
    And please! The "first time you've ever seen such nonsense"?! You realise there's an entire sub-forum here with 3,500 threads dedicated to "such nonsense"?! Believe it or not, some people are actually interested in what the lyrics mean... or don't.
    Otherwise, Ed could content himself with just writing lalalalalas for every verse.
    It’s definitely fair to critique lyrics, but I’d argue language, especially the English language, is malleable. Writer’s can ‘create’ words and often the created word leaves a greater impression and clearer sense of meaning.
  • Options
    rbrum7 said:
    Wow, just wow. This guy is really judging songs by grammar. This is the first time I've ever seen such nonsense. 
    🙄No I'm not. I'm talking about the meaning of the song. And it's hardly crazy to think the meaning of the song might be affected if some of the words are meaningless? What's your problem with me saying that? 
    Otherwise, Ed could content himself with just writing lalalalalas for every verse.
    It’s definitely fair to critique lyrics, but I’d argue language, especially the English language, is malleable. Writer’s can ‘create’ words and often the created word leaves a greater impression and clearer sense of meaning.
    Yeah, I completely agree. I'm an English teacher and a writer and editor, so I see that kind of creative manipulation of language all the time. And Ed's done that brilliantly himself plenty of times. But to me, these few words - hypnotonic, resignate, etc - don't fit that bill. They seem like typos & straight-up mistakes to me.
    But there ya go. Not a major point. Just an observation.
  • Options
    Does anybody else expect a "part 2" video for SW (or is SBWM ) with the band re-enacting the cartoon.
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    the youtube lyrics say "I ask for forgiveness I beg of myself Feeling every night that I see". Weird, I don't hear the last part at all, sounds more like "feeling angry knock it off..." or "now get off the stage" like someone else wrote 
    What do you guys think?
    Given that the official website has a load of lyrics that look like they've just been copied and pasted, mistakes n' all, from fan sites, I don't think I'd trust anything other than the lyrics in the album itself! 😜
  • Options
    mcnuttmcnutt Posts: 36
    sounds like a theme song to an action cartoon.  Not feeling it.  Another lightning bolt type of theme song that they’ll play too much live to try and drive it home and likable.  I really like these guys, but things seem more cheesy, forced and like they’re trying to hard.  

Out of the two songs out so far, dotc has a better feel. 
  • Options
    BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 580
    rbrum7 said:
    Yeah, I completely agree. I'm an English teacher and a writer and editor, so I see that kind of creative manipulation of language all the time. And Ed's done that brilliantly himself plenty of times. But to me, these few words - hypnotonic, resignate, etc - don't fit that bill. They seem like typos & straight-up mistakes to me.
    Fellow teacher and writer, cheers. Definitely depends and certainly room for discussion on whether his choices are effective. I like the use of resignate because it conveys a greater sense of action or force in my mind. But anyways...
    liking this tune more, video is well done.
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    JPPJ84 said:
    the youtube lyrics say "I ask for forgiveness I beg of myself Feeling every night that I see". Weird, I don't hear the last part at all, sounds more like "feeling angry knock it off..." or "now get off the stage" like someone else wrote 
    What do you guys think?
    Given that the official website has a load of lyrics that look like they've just been copied and pasted, mistakes n' all, from fan sites, I don't think I'd trust anything other than the lyrics in the album itself! 😜
    True 😄
  • Options
    RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054

@demetrios Thank you!!!
    I was expecting Pigpen and Snoopy to come out and dance on this one =)
    I think that’s why I adore the official PJ video.https://youtu.be/y9uHoIidq_k
  • Options
    PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,595
    Some of the lyrics seem to have a Chris Cornell death response reaction to me.
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • Options
    PJALKPJALK Posts: 83
    KN219077 said:
    Smellyman said:
    This could have been written years ago and placed on lost dogs. B-side outtake at best.
    and tons of the Lost Dogs B sides could have been on an album.

Love Lost Dogs

Exactly, some of those songs are better than songs that did make it. 
    Especially the Binaural songs. I actually think they might have left some of those songs off specifically to beef up Lost Dogs. I much prefer Sad, Fatal, and In The Moonlight to Breakerfall, Gods' Dice, and Evacuation. By a mile. 

• Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,288
    demetrios said:
    The song is slowly growing on me, but the guitar solo still sounds out of place. The video is great though! They really nailed Mike, Jeff and Stone.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    EarlWelsh said:
    What kind of sick, demented fuckers can’t appreciate a good “la la la” part?
    Everyone with a ticket needs to learn that part, because it will make for a fun singalong at shows!

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    rbrum7rbrum7 Posts: 974
    rbrum7 said: Wow, just wow. This guy is really judging songs by grammar. This is the first time I've ever seen such nonsense. 
    🙄 No. I'm not. I'm talking about the meaning of the song. And it's hardly crazy to think the meaning of the song might be affected if some of the words are meaningless, now, is it? So what's your problem with me saying that? 
    Otherwise, Ed could content himself with just writing lalalalalas for every verse..
    My apologies...I missed the point that you were analyzing the meaning. I was under the impression that you were simply "poo-pooing" him possibly creating words.

For what it is worth though, I would have guessed you were an English teacher, writer or editor. The fact you are all 3 kind of reeks of you actually being irked about it not being grammatically correct, ha. I'm being tongue in cheek, don't bite my head off. 
    Cleveland, OH - 8/26/98
    Cleveland, OH - 4/25/03
    Cleveland, OH - 5/20/06
    Cleveland, OH - 5/9/10
    (EV Solo) Detroit, MI - 6/26/11
    East Troy, WI - 9/3/11
    East Troy, WI - 9/4/11
    Chicago, IL - 7/19/13
    Shitsburgh, PA - 10/11/13
    Los Angeles, CA - 11/23/13
    Detroit, MI - 10/16/14
    Lexington, KY - 4/26/16
    Manchester, TN - 6/11/16
    Chicago, IL - 8/18/18
    Chicago, IL - 8/20/18
    (EV Solo) Tempe, AZ - 3/2/19
    Los Angeles, CA - 4/15/20
    Los Angeles, CA - 4/16/20
  • Options
    rbrum7 said:
    Exactly!
    Cleveland, OH - 8/26/98
    Cleveland, OH - 4/25/03
    Cleveland, OH - 5/20/06
    Cleveland, OH - 5/9/10
    East Troy, WI - 9/3/11
    East Troy, WI - 9/4/11
    Chicago, IL - 7/19/13
    Detroit, MI - 10/16/14
    Lexington, KY - 4/26/16
    Manchester, TN - 6/11/16
    Chicago, IL - 8/18/18
    Chicago, IL - 8/20/18
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    What do you guys think?
    For sure! I'm really anticipating seeing them. 
    Cleveland, OH - 8/26/98
    Cleveland, OH - 4/25/03
    Cleveland, OH - 5/20/06
    Cleveland, OH - 5/9/10
    East Troy, WI - 9/3/11
    East Troy, WI - 9/4/11
    Chicago, IL - 7/19/13
    Detroit, MI - 10/16/14
    Lexington, KY - 4/26/16
    Manchester, TN - 6/11/16
    Chicago, IL - 8/18/18
    Chicago, IL - 8/20/18
  • Options
    foodshop65foodshop65 Connecticut Posts: 730
    goldrush said:
    EarlWelsh said:
    Everyone with a ticket needs to learn that part, because it will make for a fun singalong at shows!

Glad to see others love it. The video brought the song to life for me and cracked me up on the La's. Very rock star
    Randall's Island 9-29-1996, MSG 9-10/11-1998, Meadows, CT 9-13-1998, Sacramento 10-30-2000, Bridge School 10-26-2002,MSG 9-8/9-2003, Hartford 2013, Amsterdam 2014(2), Memphis 2014, MSG 5-1/2-2016, Fenway 8-7-16, Fenway 9-2/4-18 MSG 9-11-22
  • Options
    GardLivingston89GardLivingston89 Posts: 942
    edited February 2020
    rbrum7 said:
    In the end. It's art and you can really say or do whatever you want. There's no rules really in song writing or poetry. Take it as Eddie just made up his own word. That's what he thought sounded good so he did it. Doesn't really matter if its a word or not. All words were made up at some point. 
    Post edited by GardLivingston89 on
  • Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    2 for 2 imo....new lp is gonna be good..
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,548
    rbrum7 said:
    mvw said:
    Love it!  Great song except I just dont like that la la la part.  Sounds cheesy and like Ed just couldn't come up with lyrics for that part so he just threw that in.  Kind of makes me cringe.

I like the la la la.  It gave me a trippy Beach Boys vibe like “Heroes and Villians” or something.  Plus I feel it will really shine listening to it in Dolby Atmos.  I think a lot of parts from this song were recorded with that in mind.
    Love the la la la, adds a nice layer to the song that has been missing IMO. Trust me, it wasn't Ed not being able to come up with lyrics just because you aren't a fan. 
    I agree! I make sense of it as the singing that he hears in the distance.
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,548

Are we sure it isn't

And I’m hoping that I hurt your...
    hoping that I hurt you...
    hoping that I heard you saaaaaaaaaaay

Haha. That's what I heard atleast the first time
    That's what I heard first time too. But I've been semi-convinced otherwise. Won't be surprised whichever turns out to be right. But "heard you say...." what????  :s
    spankyMP said:
    “I don’t know anything, I question everything.”
    I missed this! Yes, that sounds better.
    I think that it's a super funny joke that Ed has put in his song. Eyes swollen, face broken, but hope he hurt the fist. It's super funny. haha. I love the song even more!
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,891
    I put this song on at the end of my treadmill run this morning. Set my speed for 7.5mph and cranked it. It was the perfect tempo. I liked the song before, but after listening to it blaring through my headphones while running as fast as I can, I now love it. 
  • Options

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    se7v7ense7v7en Philadelphia, PA Posts: 328
    MF117973 said:
    I put this song on at the end of my treadmill run this morning. Set my speed for 7.5mph and cranked it. It was the perfect tempo. I liked the song before, but after listening to it blaring through my headphones while running as fast as I can, I now love it. 
    Same!  7.6 mph though
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I don't find this song to be nearly as good as Dance.  Not as much fun, but also not as heavy...not as unique and interesting, but also not as classic PJ sounding.  Ultimately, it feels to me like a Backspacer B side, somewhere I between Got Some and The Fixer.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,340
    EarlWelsh said:
    I think it slows down the momentum of the song and it just seems like it doesn't belong in the song at all.  Also I think that shit is for boy bands!  I love the song!  Just dont like that part of the song.  I guess I'm a sick demented fucker!  Thanks!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09