Options

Pearl Jam at The Apollo

Comments

• Options
    Kovsar86Kovsar86 Scranton, PA Posts: 756
    molecule said:
    Well said Kovsar86! Been an awesome thread.

Anyone heard what the contest will be this week?
    Not yet. It will be another gauntlet I’m sure.
    #bringitonnopainnogain
    Off (s)He Goes
  • Options
    Kovsar86 said:
    tschav said:
    SHZA said:
    tschav said:
    I’d be happy just to get a ring and he says I’m caller 21...
    No, no you wouldn't  :o
    :bawling:

Any number, as long as a human picked up after all that dialing.
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 
    soooooooooooo.... many calls, and not one number for me I was getting it’s the “it’s not you it’s me” vibe. Kinda stung a little not gonna lie. And I will keep calling until I know there is no chance.
    Same for me. I called during every chance, about 100 times each between my cell and landline. Never once got through in those thousands of calls. Husband got thru once last week and was #20. But, I never gave up and will continue to try this week. Was really hoping for an email from Sirius but it didn't come.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    Kovsar86 said:
    Do we think NY will have a pop up store?
    I think so.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Happy Sunday!
    Off (s)He Goes
  • Options
    pbultimatepbultimate Posts: 587
    Put the 50 remaining pairs into a 10c lottery. Mon-wed window. Drawing on thurs. good luck!
  • Options
    MR242791MR242791 Brooklyn NY Posts: 669
    edited March 2020

ugh.  i really wanted to win. 
    Post edited by MR242791 on
    38 concerts and counting
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"
  • Options
    MR242791 said:

For sure we all do. I love that I got to “meet” all of you though!
    Off (s)He Goes
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,212
    How many more pair will be given away? This feels a lot like I'm Charlie Bucket.
  • Options
    joseph33 said:
    How many more pair will be given away? This feels a lot like I'm Charlie Bucket.
    10 pairs 
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    It’s 6 o clock on a Sunday. The Regular crowd shuffle in
    There’s some old fans listening next to me...just hoping that they will win

She says, Son, can you get me some tickets 
    I really want to go to the show
    But it's sad and it's sweet and I would feel complete
    If I could win for the Apollo show

La la la, di da da
    La la, di da da da dum

Come and get us some tickets, PJ radio man 
    Get us some tickets tonight 
    Well, we're all in the mood for some melodies 
    Pearl Jam gets us feelin' alright

Now Rob With some tickets is a friend of mine
    He puts up the tickets we need
    And he's quick with the new singles  
    I Need an Apollo pair to mingle 🤘🏻
    There is no place that We’d rather be...
    We say Rob, I believe this is killing me 
    As the smile ran away from our face
    Well we’re sure that We could be at the PJ concert
    If we could all just get some tickets for the Apollo in this place!!!

Oh, la la la, di da da
    La la, di da da da dum
    🎶🎶🎶🎶

Post edited by Kovsar86 on
    Off (s)He Goes
  • Options
    afgpjafgpj Upstate NY Posts: 142
    Kovsar86 said:

He says, Son, can you get me some tickets 
    I could win for the Apollo show

La la la, di da da
    La la, di da da da dum

Pearl Jam gets  us feelin' alright
    Need an Apollo pair to mingle 
    We says Rob, I believe this is killing me 

Oh, la la la, di da da
    La la, di da da da dum
    🎶🎶🎶🎶

Nicely done!
    Now where do we pick up our tickets?😄
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    afgpj said:
    Kovsar86 said:

La la la, di da da
    La la, di da da da dum

Oh, la la la, di da da
    La la, di da da da dum
    🎶🎶🎶🎶

Nicely done!
    Hahaha I’m trying over here...
    I’m not crazy you are 🤣🤣🤣

Some of the most die hard fans right here in this thread!!! Just let us all in already ❤️

I hope Rob likes his song. I should get a Grammy for that work of art, presented by PJ of course hahaha
    Post edited by Kovsar86 on
    Off (s)He Goes
  • Options
    First, I want to say that I’m very grateful to Pearl Jam Radio for making the Apollo event happen, whether or not I get to attend, if and when it does happen. Now, having listened to the station quite closely for the past month or so, admittedly in hopes of winning tickets to the exclusive event, I think it’s fair to observe that the station’s programming is not suited to prolonged listening. There is simply too much repetition—for example, both singles from the new album are played every hour. Like most PJ fans, I’m excited about the new album, but catching the same two songs every hour is a bit much. Also, the same 3-4 commentaries from the band members—e.g. Stone affirming that Led Zeppelin is his favorite band of all time, immediately followed by rotating classics from that band—are repeated multiple times each day. I want to say there is also heavy emphasis in the playlist on the biggest PJ hits like Daughter and Black, with both studio and live versions of these airing frequently. This is not a critique of Pearl Jam Radio, I am merely conveying my thoughts on the station programming and perhaps hinting towards some possible improvements, particularly for those who care listen for longer continuous periods. And I sincerely applaud the station’s original content like the Guest DJ and the Forum of the Faithful—programs such as these really bring the station to life. So keep up the good work and thanks again for offering us the exclusive event. 
  • Options
    JedJed New York City Posts: 1,138
    First, I want to say that I’m very grateful to Pearl Jam Radio for making the Apollo event happen, whether or not I get to attend, if and when it does happen. Now, having listened to the station quite closely for the past month or so, admittedly in hopes of winning tickets to the exclusive event, I think it’s fair to observe that the station’s programming is not suited to prolonged listening. There is simply too much repetition—for example, both singles from the new album are played every hour. Like most PJ fans, I’m excited about the new album, but catching the same two songs every hour is a bit much. Also, the same 3-4 commentaries from the band members—e.g. Stone affirming that Led Zeppelin is his favorite band of all time, immediately followed by rotating classics from that band—are repeated multiple times each day. I want to say there is also heavy emphasis in the playlist on the biggest PJ hits like Daughter and Black, with both studio and live versions of these airing frequently. This is not a critique of Pearl Jam Radio, I am merely conveying my thoughts on the station programming and perhaps hinting towards some possible improvements, particularly for those who care listen for longer continuous periods. And I sincerely applaud the station’s original content like the Guest DJ and the Forum of the Faithful—programs such as these really bring the station to life. So keep up the good work and thanks again for offering us the exclusive event. 
    They don’t always play the same two songs every hour... that’s just ramping up to the album release. If you listen regularly, they play two full shows everyday and always have fresh commentary and programming from guest star dons and fans doing wishlist. It’s terrific programming.

when you are forced to listen to 5 hour blocks all in the same month... that’s not real world listening so of course it seems a little odd. 
  • Options
    Jed said:
    They don’t always play the same two songs every hour... that’s just ramping up to the album release. If you listen regularly, they play two full shows everyday and always have fresh commentary and programming from guest star dons and fans doing wishlist. It’s terrific programming.

when you are forced to listen to 5 hour blocks all in the same month... that’s not real world listening so of course it seems a little odd. 
    Well said @Jed
    and I love them playing the full concerts ❤️
    And sometimes I am also thinking about Radiohead
    haha

Off (s)He Goes
  • Options
    pbultimatepbultimate Posts: 587
    Jed said:

Forced?
  • Options
    NHidingNHiding Posts: 1,899
    Kovsar86 said:
    afgpj said:
    Kovsar86 said:

La la la, di da da
    La la, di da da da dum

Oh, la la la, di da da
    La la, di da da da dum
    🎶🎶🎶🎶

Nicely done!

Some of the most die hard fans right here in this thread!!! Just let us all in already ❤️

I hope Rob likes his song. I should get a Grammy for that work of art, presented by PJ of course hahaha
    Well, I'm more of a guitar man than a piano man, but well played!
  • Options
    Jed said:

Forced?
    Not forced but if you want to win...
    Off (s)He Goes
  • Options
    GR280729GR280729 Posts: 105
    Isn’t Mike saying Led Zep is his favorite band.  Stone has really been thinking about Radiohead
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    edited March 2020
    GR280729 said:
    Isn’t Mike saying Led Zep is his favorite band.  Stone has really been thinking about Radiohead

No no.  Zeppelin is Stone’s favorite band but he cant stop thinking about Radiohead
  • Options
    NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,354
    GR280729 said:

No no.  Zeppelin is Stone’s favorite band but he cant stop thinking about Radiohead
    That's a fact!
  • Options
    NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,354
    GR280729 said:

And Mike is appreciative of RHCP letting them sound check
  • Options
    NHiding said:
    Kovsar86 said:
    afgpj said:
    Kovsar86 said:

La la la, di da da
    La la, di da da da dum

Oh, la la la, di da da
    La la, di da da da dum
    🎶🎶🎶🎶

Nicely done!

Well, I'm more of a guitar man than a piano man, but well played!
    Off (s)He Goes
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,002
    GR280729 said:

Stone loves their heavy grooves. 
  • Options
    GR280729GR280729 Posts: 105
    GR280729 said:

Yeah that’s right.  Mike is RHCP and Jane’s addiction
  • Options

All of us waiting for #22 hahahahahahaha
    Off (s)He Goes
  • Options
    I'm going to have call withdrawal tomorrow. I think the girl telling us "all circuits are busy" is going to miss talking to us.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Tomorrow should be interesting, can't wait to see what they have in store for us!
    Off (s)He Goes
  • Options
    Kovsar86 said:
    MR242791 said:

For sure we all do. I love that I got to “meet” all of you though!
    Yeah. That’s true.  It was good having this group to share our experiences 
    38 concerts and counting
  • Options
    Kovsar86 said:

She says, Son, can you get me some tickets 
    If I could win for the Apollo show

La la la, di da da
    La la, di da da da dum

Pearl Jam gets us feelin' alright

I Need an Apollo pair to mingle 🤘🏻
    We say Rob, I believe this is killing me 

Oh, la la la, di da da
    La la, di da da da dum
    🎶🎶🎶🎶

Lol. That’s hot 
    38 concerts and counting