Options

Pearl Jam at The Apollo

Comments

• Options
    Kovsar86Kovsar86 Scranton, PA Posts: 756
    ekim997 said:

The one like is from PJ radio so I at least got their attention! (And yes I know they've liked others too haha)
    Haha haha 
    Off (s)He Goes
  • Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,069
    kosteva2 said:
    Just got my golden ticket! Just got the email from Sirius contest I'm in! Guessing it's from the bootleg question lottery.
    Whoa! Really? What did it say? Congrats that’s awesome! 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    kosteva2kosteva2 Posts: 287
    Some advice for future Sirius contests like this. If it's in a venue that's close but not directly in your home local change your account address to match with where the contest is. 

I won Sirius Phish tickets in December when they sent similar email directed to Philly area listeners. When the Pearl Jam show was announced I changed my account address to my Pearl Jam touring buddy's address in NYC to make sure I got the email and it worked.

If you don't "win" a ticket through conventional means don't give up. For Phish fans with the approval of Sirius/Pandora started a standby list. They just wrote names in order of when they got there as early as noon that day. Closer to show time they all reconvened and lined up in order across the street. Once Sirius/Pandora knew how many unclaimed tickets they had left they went right down the standby list in order. At least 230 people including my neighbor got in that way.
    TFC '97, TFC '98, Pittsburgh '98, Camden I,II '98, Camden I,II '00, Pittsburgh '00, Philly '03, Camden I,II '03, MSG I,II '03, Hershey '03, Reading '04, Philly '05, Camden I,II '06, Meadowlands I '06, Camden I,II '08, DC '08, Spectrum I,II,III,IV '09, Made in America '12, Philly I,II '13, GCF '15, Philly I,II '16, MSG I '16, Apollo ‘22, MSG ‘22, Camden ‘22
  • Options
    asutton327asutton327 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 116
    kosteva2 said:
    Just got my golden ticket! Just got the email from Sirius contest I'm in! Guessing it's from the bootleg question lottery.
    Congrats!
  • Options
    ekim997ekim997 Pennsylvania Posts: 107
    kosteva2 said:
    Some advice for future Sirius contests like this. If it's in a venue that's close but not directly in your home local change your account address to match with where the contest is. 

I won Sirius Phish tickets in December when they sent similar email directed to Philly area listeners. When the Pearl Jam show was announced I changed my account address to my Pearl Jam touring buddy's address in NYC to make sure I got the email and it worked.

If you don't "win" a ticket through conventional means don't give up. For Phish fans with the approval of Sirius/Pandora started a standby list. They just wrote names in order of when they got there as early as noon that day. Closer to show time they all reconvened and lined up in order across the street. Once Sirius/Pandora knew how many unclaimed tickets they had left they went right down the standby list in order. At least 230 people including my neighbor got in that way.

Can confirm the stand by list. I also won tickets to the Phish show (hoping I didn't use up all my luck on that). They let a ton of people in that didn't come with tickets. But, I don't know if it was necessarily unclaimed tickets. One person told me they let them in and told them to find a spot. I was second level and there were people who posted up in the aisles. Not sure if the Apollo will allow the same thing to happen, but yeah it could happen
  • Options
    kosteva2 said:
    kosteva2 said:
    Congrats!
    Email came at 7:47 pm EST. Sender was something like confirmation@siriusxmevents. Me plus guest. Arrive with guest 630-730 to check in. Show starts at 8. Busing concert goers out after show
    TFC '97, TFC '98, Pittsburgh '98, Camden I,II '98, Camden I,II '00, Pittsburgh '00, Philly '03, Camden I,II '03, MSG I,II '03, Hershey '03, Reading '04, Philly '05, Camden I,II '06, Meadowlands I '06, Camden I,II '08, DC '08, Spectrum I,II,III,IV '09, Made in America '12, Philly I,II '13, GCF '15, Philly I,II '16, MSG I '16, Apollo ‘22, MSG ‘22, Camden ‘22
  • Options
    kosteva2 said:
    kosteva2 said:
    kosteva2 said:
    Congrats!
    Email came at 7:47 pm EST. Sender was something like confirmation@siriusxmevents. Me plus guest. Arrive with guest 630-730 to check in. Show starts at 8. Busing concert goers out after show
    That’s Way more info then my confirm email from song of the week. Lol.  
  • Options
    kosteva2 said:
    kosteva2 said:
    kosteva2 said:
    Congrats!
    @kosteva2 what do they mean by bussing people out? Where they bussing them to?
  • Options
    bootlegbootleg Posts: 622
    Thanks for posting the second play tonight.  I was able to break away and check the boards out and caught it just in time for one more try.  Got a busy signal once which was at least better than all circuits busy.   So I wonder how they are going to do this 10 biggest fans?  What if it was based on number of hours listening over the past few weeks assuming they track that type of thing.
  • Options
    afgpjafgpj Upstate NY Posts: 142
    kosteva2 said:

What city do you have on your account now?
  • Options
    kosteva2 said:

I live in NY area and never got email for PJ or last year for U2. Not sure why. 
  • Options
    kosteva2 said:
    kosteva2 said:
    kosteva2 said:
    Congrats!
    Providing bus transportation to Penn Station, Grand Central, Union Square, Columbus Circle, etc. Not sure if there's subway or cab line issues around Apollo that they want to clear people out of the area more efficiently 
  • Options
    afgpj said:
    kosteva2 said:

What city do you have on your account now?
    When they announced the contest I changed my account address from my regular Philly suburb one to my friend who I'm going with office address in Manhattan. Will change it back after the show
  • Options
    My daughter lives in Manhattan. May have to change my address for a month.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    kosteva2 said:
    kosteva2 said:
    kosteva2 said:
    kosteva2 said:
    Congrats!
    Providing bus transportation to Penn Station, Grand Central, Union Square, Columbus Circle, etc. Not sure if there's subway or cab line issues around Apollo that they want to clear people out of the area more efficiently 
    Thank you for clearing that up. Like I said, my email told me nothing other than confirming I won and to stay tuned for more info. Congratulations! I hope more of you won this l! Check your emails folks. 
  • Options
    MR242791MR242791 Brooklyn NY Posts: 669
    I didn’t get an email 😩☹️
    38 concerts and counting
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,922
    Well I’m sold. I’m taking off and heading to the theater bright and early. 
  • Options
    ekim997ekim997 Pennsylvania Posts: 107
    MR242791 said:
    Could be good news. They've sent me emails saying I haven't won for Sirius contests in the past
  • Options
    ekim997 said:
    MR242791 said:
    Could be good news. They've sent me emails saying I haven't won for Sirius contests in the past
    Thanks 😊 
    38 concerts and counting
  • Options
    Good morning guys! No Sirius email for me saying that I won. Hopefully we got some more of them over here!
    Off (s)He Goes
  • Options
    Kovsar86 said:
    Good morning guys! No Sirius email for me saying that I won. Hopefully we got some more of them over here!
    Good morning. Me neither. I’ve been refreshing hoping something might show up. 😔
    38 concerts and counting
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,005
    Nothing for me. I’m officially giving up hope. 
  • Options
    Yep some refreshing every time my phone dings and watching reality bites over here
    Off (s)He Goes
  • Options
    moleculemolecule Posts: 611
    kosteva2 said:
    Wow! Congrats!!
    🤙
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,922
    tdawe said:
    Join me in the beggars circle on 3/26 outside of the Apollo theater 
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,005
    nicknyr15 said:
    tdawe said:
    Join me in the beggars circle on 3/26 outside of the Apollo theater 
    Yeah, no thanks. I’ll learn to be content with Bmore and MSG, and spend the next 2 1/2 weeks poring over the following questions:

1. Headphones or Sonos?
    2. Chair or couch?
    3. Sweatpants/sweatshirt or PJs & robe?
    4. Which bottle(s) of wine?
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,660
    edited March 2020
    My list for the Apollo:
    Alexa
    couch
    Velvet adidas tracksuit
    Coconut mojito for me and mai tai for the wife 
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • Options
    I got this email from SiriusXM 😢

2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Hope is still alive.  I didn’t win this but someone posted it on FB

38 concerts and counting
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    MR242791 said:
    Hope is still alive.  I didn’t win this but someone posted it on FB

Shit!! That means they ARE giving out multiple pairs!! And it seems it’s trickling based on someone else here getting their email last night!!
    *Rock and/or Roll!*