Options

Pearl Jam at The Apollo

Comments

• Options
    steph1zsteph1z Posts: 4
    Congrats to those winning!! So exciting! 
  • Options
    Mac57Mac57 Posts: 266
    kosteva2 said:
    kosteva2 said:
    Just got my golden ticket! Just got the email from Sirius contest I'm in! Guessing it's from the bootleg question lottery.
    Whoa! Really? What did it say? Congrats that’s awesome! 
    kosteva2 said:
    Just got my golden ticket! Just got the email from Sirius contest I'm in! Guessing it's from the bootleg question lottery.
    Congrats!
    Email came at 7:47 pm EST. Sender was something like confirmation@siriusxmevents. Me plus guest. Arrive with guest 630-730 to check in. Show starts at 8. Busing concert goers out after show
    @kosteva2 what do they mean by bussing people out? Where they bussing them to?
    From google on U2 Apollo show, appears they had buses back to Manhatten.
    2008 MSG I & II
    2010 Newark, MSG I
    2013 Wrigley Field, Brooklyn I & II, Hartford, LA I & II, San Diego
    2014 Detroit, Moline, St. Paul & Milwaukee
    2015 Ed Sullivan Theater/ Central Park
    2016 FTL, Miami, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1
    2017 RRHOF
    2018 Seattle I & II, Missoula, Boston I & II
    2022 Apollo, MSG, Camden, Nashville & St. Louis
    2023 St.P. 1 & 2, Austin 1 & 2
  • Options
    AB285441AB285441 Posts: 120
    Is that email Sharon_Hearts_PJ said:
    MR242791 said:
    Hope is still alive.  I didn’t win this but someone posted it on FB

Shit!! That means they ARE giving out multiple pairs!! And it seems it’s trickling based on someone else here getting their email last night!!
    Is this email from the sweepstakes entry page or from some other way of winning:

https://www.siriusxm.com/PJApollo

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,054
    Mac57 said:
    kosteva2 said:
    kosteva2 said:
    kosteva2 said:
    Congrats!
    Email came at 7:47 pm EST. Sender was something like confirmation@siriusxmevents. Me plus guest. Arrive with guest 630-730 to check in. Show starts at 8. Busing concert goers out after show
    The Apollo is in Manhattan. It is in Harlem which is a neighborhood in Manhattan. 
  • Options
    kosteva2 said:
    Some advice for future Sirius contests like this. If it's in a venue that's close but not directly in your home local change your account address to match with where the contest is. 

I won Sirius Phish tickets in December when they sent similar email directed to Philly area listeners. When the Pearl Jam show was announced I changed my account address to my Pearl Jam touring buddy's address in NYC to make sure I got the email and it worked.

If you don't "win" a ticket through conventional means don't give up. For Phish fans with the approval of Sirius/Pandora started a standby list. They just wrote names in order of when they got there as early as noon that day. Closer to show time they all reconvened and lined up in order across the street. Once Sirius/Pandora knew how many unclaimed tickets they had left they went right down the standby list in order. At least 230 people including my neighbor got in that way.
    I agree with this.  With all the health concerns lately, I'm sure there will be a lot of no-shows.  How do we organize the standby list? 
  • Options
    MF117973 said:
    Mac57 said:
    kosteva2 said:
    kosteva2 said:
    kosteva2 said:
    Congrats!
    The Apollo is in Manhattan. It is in Harlem which is a neighborhood in Manhattan. 
    Not a great neighborhood and not centrally located for hotels or transit.  They also probably don’t want us idiots around longer than we have to be.  As someone else said, probably busing to Port Authority, Grand Central and maybe Penn Station would be my guess instead of everyone wandering a few blocks to find the subway or having a bunch of uber traffic in the area. 
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    CJ23113CJ23113 Long Island Posts: 187
    If anyone has an extra ticket for the Apollo show and needs a guest. 😉.
  • Options
    Mac57Mac57 Posts: 266
    MF117973 said:
    Mac57 said:
    kosteva2 said:
    kosteva2 said:
    kosteva2 said:
    Congrats!
    Sorry, to Port Authority. I have have been to the Apollo and took Subway.
    2008 MSG I & II
    2010 Newark, MSG I
    2013 Wrigley Field, Brooklyn I & II, Hartford, LA I & II, San Diego
    2014 Detroit, Moline, St. Paul & Milwaukee
    2015 Ed Sullivan Theater/ Central Park
    2016 FTL, Miami, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1
    2017 RRHOF
    2018 Seattle I & II, Missoula, Boston I & II
    2022 Apollo, MSG, Camden, Nashville & St. Louis
    2023 St.P. 1 & 2, Austin 1 & 2
  • Options
    luvspearljamluvspearljam NY, NY Posts: 207
    nicknyr15 said:
    tdawe said:
    Nothing for me. I’m officially giving up hope. 
    Join me in the beggars circle on 3/26 outside of the Apollo theater 
    I may. Fellow NYR fan?
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,881
    nicknyr15 said:
    tdawe said:
    I may. Fellow NYR fan?
    Sure am 
  • Options
    kosteva2kosteva2 Posts: 287
    AB285441 said:
    Is that email Sharon_Hearts_PJ said:
    MR242791 said:
    Hope is still alive.  I didn’t win this but someone posted it on FB

Shit!! That means they ARE giving out multiple pairs!! And it seems it’s trickling based on someone else here getting their email last night!!
    Is this email from the sweepstakes entry page or from some other way of winning:

https://www.siriusxm.com/PJApollo

The one still going on its for grand prize. 
    This was one from different entry email sent last Wednesday that was supposedly targeted at ~7 million NYC area subscribers although apparently outside of area who got it, presumably based on Sirius listening preferences
    TFC '97, TFC '98, Pittsburgh '98, Camden I,II '98, Camden I,II '00, Pittsburgh '00, Philly '03, Camden I,II '03, MSG I,II '03, Hershey '03, Reading '04, Philly '05, Camden I,II '06, Meadowlands I '06, Camden I,II '08, DC '08, Spectrum I,II,III,IV '09, Made in America '12, Philly I,II '13, GCF '15, Philly I,II '16, MSG I '16, Apollo ‘22, MSG ‘22, Camden ‘22
  • Options
    kosteva2 said:
    Some advice for future Sirius contests like this. If it's in a venue that's close but not directly in your home local change your account address to match with where the contest is. 

I won Sirius Phish tickets in December when they sent similar email directed to Philly area listeners. When the Pearl Jam show was announced I changed my account address to my Pearl Jam touring buddy's address in NYC to make sure I got the email and it worked.

If you don't "win" a ticket through conventional means don't give up. For Phish fans with the approval of Sirius/Pandora started a standby list. They just wrote names in order of when they got there as early as noon that day. Closer to show time they all reconvened and lined up in order across the street. Once Sirius/Pandora knew how many unclaimed tickets they had left they went right down the standby list in order. At least 230 people including my neighbor got in that way.
    I agree with this.  With all the health concerns lately, I'm sure there will be a lot of no-shows.  How do we organize the standby list? 
    Google "phish reddit met list" and you'll find good thread on how it went down there
    TFC '97, TFC '98, Pittsburgh '98, Camden I,II '98, Camden I,II '00, Pittsburgh '00, Philly '03, Camden I,II '03, MSG I,II '03, Hershey '03, Reading '04, Philly '05, Camden I,II '06, Meadowlands I '06, Camden I,II '08, DC '08, Spectrum I,II,III,IV '09, Made in America '12, Philly I,II '13, GCF '15, Philly I,II '16, MSG I '16, Apollo ‘22, MSG ‘22, Camden ‘22
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    kosteva2 said:
    kosteva2 said:

Google "phish reddit met list" and you'll find good thread on how it went down there
    Note about that phish show. Weather wasn’t good. NYC VIPs decided not to go due to the travel. Bigger venue.  

This is a not going to as open as that. 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    tdawe said:
    I may. Fellow NYR fan?
    Sure am 
    Ok let’s do this. We can make an arrangement lol. I have NYR season tickets. 
  • Options
    I still think the virus and Travel restrictions may play a part.  
  • Options
    I still think travel restrictions around this virus can still play a part. 
  • Options
    JP218404 said:
    kosteva2 said:
    kosteva2 said:

Note about that phish show. Weather wasn’t good. NYC VIPs decided not to go due to the travel. Bigger venue.  

The Met was about twice as big as Apollo. They did convert orchestra seating to GA so may have boosted a little more although the tickets distributed to standby had seat/section assignments so it wasn't like total free for all with them.  Was cold outside but nothing unusual for Northeast in December.
    Logistics a little different for that where had to get there to pick up ticket in 12-5 range then come between 630-7 for entry.  Pearl Jam is all come closer to show time and go right on.
    Didn't seem like any VIP/suit presence at all. If there was they blended in well and wouldn't know difference from any other Phish fan.
    Given location and higher suit/VIP presence for other Apollo shows like Paul McCartney and U2 agree there will be more of that here than Phish.
    Everyone got complimentary poster at Phish show although it wasn't up to same quality/artist level as Phish/Pearl jam usually sell at shows.
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    kosteva2 said:
    JP218404 said:
    kosteva2 said:
    kosteva2 said:

The Met was about twice as big as Apollo. They did convert orchestra seating to GA so may have boosted a little more although the tickets distributed to standby had seat/section assignments so it wasn't like total free for all with them.  Was cold outside but nothing unusual for Northeast in December.
    Logistics a little different for that where had to get there to pick up ticket in 12-5 range then come between 630-7 for entry.  Pearl Jam is all come closer to show time and go right on.
    Didn't seem like any VIP/suit presence at all. If there was they blended in well and wouldn't know difference from any other Phish fan.
    Given location and higher suit/VIP presence for other Apollo shows like Paul McCartney and U2 agree there will be more of that here than Phish.
    Everyone got complimentary poster at Phish show although it wasn't up to same quality/artist level as Phish/Pearl jam usually sell at shows.
    I was able to get into the Guns N’ Roses one at the Apollo cause I got a call at 745 that someone I knew had tickets that were going to folks that couldn’t make it. 

Again this one is going to be extremely tough. The inner sirius world for this one is chaos for tickets. There is a list and no one will knows who’s getting in until a couple days before. 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    JP218404 said:
    kosteva2 said:
    JP218404 said:
    kosteva2 said:
    kosteva2 said:

I was able to get into the Guns N’ Roses one at the Apollo cause I got a call at 745 that someone I knew had tickets that were going to folks that couldn’t make it. 

Again this one is going to be extremely tough. The inner sirius world for this one is chaos for tickets. There is a list and no one will knows who’s getting in until a couple days before. 
    Interesting. So you're saying the vast majority of tickets which go to sirius insiders don't get distributed until the last minute? Why is that?  
  • Options
    wubblewubble Posts: 1
    Holy S+%$!. My father just called to tell me that he won us tickets for this. Didn't expect that to happen today!
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,881
    wubble said:
    Holy S+%$!. My father just called to tell me that he won us tickets for this. Didn't expect that to happen today!
    Father of the Year. Congrats!!!
  • Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,068
    wubble said:
    Awesome! Congrats!  You have a cool father! 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,786
    wubble said:
    That's a hell of a first post on the forum. Congrats!
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,652
    wubble said:
    I remember an older guy winning and saying that he was going to take his son who lived across the country. 
  • Options
    Kovsar86Kovsar86 Scranton, PA Posts: 756
    wubble said:
    Amazing!!! WAY TO GO DAD!!!
    Off (s)He Goes
  • Options
    wubble said:
    I remember an older guy winning and saying that he was going to take his son who lived across the country. 
    I remember this too!
    Off (s)He Goes
  • Options
    Did anyone see that Governor of NY enacted state of emergency? Thoughts?
    Off (s)He Goes
  • Options
    wubble said:

Same here! But why did he wait so long to tell him?!?
  • Options
    wubble said:
    Nice! Sounds like he's due for a nice Father's Day gift this June
  • Options
    Kovsar86 said:
    Did anyone see that Governor of NY enacted state of emergency? Thoughts?
    If it gets crazy and to the point that events cancelled in next couple weeks I'd imagine they do make up shows for MSG and Apollo later.
    There will definitely be some open dates at MSG in the spring based how the Knicks are playing. Usually multi event venues like that with NBA/NHL teams don't book other events during playoff season