Options

Fan-to-Fan Ticket Exchange for Dummies

Comments

• Options
    BagCzechBagCzech Posts: 418
    I literally just checked out some other shows just so I can remember what it feels like to click the "Got It" button #Baltimore
  • Options
    TW150753TW150753 Posts: 159
    I remember the good old days when this thread only had 12 pages, those were the days, the ones when we were all a little more sane.  We've turned into a pack of Hyenas looking for these Baltimore tickets.
  • Options
    JB274988JB274988 Posts: 287
    Jadler said:
    michlynda said:
    Jadler said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Jadler said:
    We need those 60 year olds to figure out how to sell 
    'I don't know Sally!  I'm hitting the button on the thing, but it won't let me do it!   See....it doesn't work.  I keep clicking the thing but nothing is happening.  All it keeps saying is Message from yahoo.com. Unable to deliver message to the following address(es). Requested mail action aborted, user suspended or mailbox not found.  Jesus Christ, I wish we just never bought these things.  Call the kids and see if they know how to do this.  I've had it already.'
    😂
    You guys do realize that the entire band was born in the '60s, right?
    Matt's 57....
    Yes of course! I am no ageist lol. I was just playing off a joke someone made earlier. Trying to keep ourselves entertained during this marathon of disappointment. Didn’t mean any harm by it!
    I'm Copyrighting "Marathon of Disappointment" for my band.
    Camden, NJ 06 -  Columbia, SC 08 - Washington D.C. 08 - Philadelphia, PA 09 - Bristow, VA 10 - Hartford, CT 10 - NYC, NY 10 - Alpine Valley, WI 11 - Baltimore, MD 13 - Ottawa, ON 20 - Baltimore, MD 20 - St. Louis, MO 20
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,010
    TW150753 said:
    I remember the good old days when this thread only had 12 pages, those were the days, the ones when we were all a little more sane.  We've turned into a pack of Hyenas looking for these Baltimore tickets.
    FACT CHECK: Page 12 of this thread includes posts like "AUUURGGHHH!!! When is later today TICKETMASTER?!" and "OOHHHH SHITTTTT ALREADY!!! these tickets should go in order of most refreshed. I got to be 10,000 plus already....And FU Ticketmaster for calling me suspicious....selling out tickets and then reselling them!!?? that is much more suspicious than me refreshing a page 1000 times in an hour".
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    Just to confirm, no one has seen a single Baltimore ticket posted since midnight last night, correct?
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    JadlerJadler Posts: 706
    JB274988 said:
    Jadler said:
    michlynda said:
    Jadler said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Jadler said:
    We need those 60 year olds to figure out how to sell 
    'I don't know Sally!  I'm hitting the button on the thing, but it won't let me do it!   See....it doesn't work.  I keep clicking the thing but nothing is happening.  All it keeps saying is Message from yahoo.com. Unable to deliver message to the following address(es). Requested mail action aborted, user suspended or mailbox not found.  Jesus Christ, I wish we just never bought these things.  Call the kids and see if they know how to do this.  I've had it already.'
    😂
    You guys do realize that the entire band was born in the '60s, right?
    Matt's 57....
    Yes of course! I am no ageist lol. I was just playing off a joke someone made earlier. Trying to keep ourselves entertained during this marathon of disappointment. Didn’t mean any harm by it!
    I'm Copyrighting "Marathon of Disappointment" for my band.
    Hahaha all yours!
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:
    Just to confirm, no one has seen a single Baltimore ticket posted since midnight last night, correct?
    Correct, we even had someone on the night shift say they saw nothing this morning.
  • Options
    JadlerJadler Posts: 706
    Saltzy23 said:
    not a one 
  • Options
    LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 806
    DOUBLE BARF! Sec109 for TO and missed. how the F!
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Options
    DOUBLE BARF! Sec109 for TO and missed. how the F!
    BARF rescinded - row 25 and far end side stage....those prob not super terrific seats. Someone will be happy. 
    Barrie - '98
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Options
    Any recommended bootlegs from 2018 North America or Europe that I should download?
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,951
    TW150753 said:
    Any recommended bootlegs from 2018 North America or Europe that I should download?
    Easily Seattle 2 
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,046
    TW150753 said:
    Seattle 2
    Krakow
    Rome

• Options
    JB274988JB274988 Posts: 287
    Ok, I have too much time on my hands - who wants one (sorry for the size)???

Camden, NJ 06 -  Columbia, SC 08 - Washington D.C. 08 - Philadelphia, PA 09 - Bristow, VA 10 - Hartford, CT 10 - NYC, NY 10 - Alpine Valley, WI 11 - Baltimore, MD 13 - Ottawa, ON 20 - Baltimore, MD 20 - St. Louis, MO 20
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    TW150753 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Correct, we even had someone on the night shift say they saw nothing this morning.
    Well, there are only 443 tickets currently for sale on StubHub for the MSG show, and that is where non-10C members could sell what they were able to buy on the TM sales for 7X-10X what they paid for it, so this is probably the reality now that the 1st 'wave' (if that's what you can even call what this was) is over.

I have feeling we are all gonna be fighting for scraps until the week of the show when people out there that have no interest in selling now have something that comes up that forces them to.

I'm still on high alert, but at this point we can all probably lower our readiness to Defcon 2.

• Options
    JB274988 said:

Awesome!
  • Options
    JB274988 said:

That's fantastic.

You would clean up if you made like 250 of those and sold them outside of the arena on the day of the show.
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:
    JB274988 said:

That's fantastic.

You would clean up if you made like 250 of those and sold them outside of the arena on the day of the show.
    Come on, you know it's only right that they be sold one or two at a time, dropped at random times and given to the first person to provide their credit card info.
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,896
    tdawe said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    JB274988 said:

That's fantastic.

Come on, you know it's only right that they be sold one or two at a time, dropped at random times and given to the first person to provide their credit card info.

Far better if he sells all of them someone online who then sells them the day of the show at 3-4x the original price.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,515
    edited February 2020
    tdawe said:
    SHZA said:
    tdawe said:
    SHZA said:
    tdawe said:
    SHZA said:
    JimmyV said:
    cardoso said:
    Where is the Denver tickets??
    StubHub. Colorado insists on protecting the scalper market. 
    Or consumers' right to dispose of their property as they wish.
    I think you have this backwards. NY and CO are the states that impose marketplace restrictions (by making it illegal to sell non-transferable tickets). The other states allow actors in the marketplace (in this case, concert venues, promoters & artists) to dispose of their property (in the form of limited licenses comprising a clearly defined package of rights) as they wish.
    So how is it backwards? NY and CO protect consumers. Other states allow corporate behemoths to screw the little guy. 
    There are thousands of fans in the other states who have tickets to these shows because the scalpers were kept out. Those tickets were advertised as being non-transferable, several times in very clear ways, before the sales occurred. Those fans got exactly what they bargained for, and if this thread is any indication not many of them are interested in getting any refunds. Explain to me how they have been screwed by any corporate behemoths.
    You didn't answer my question. No one disputes that prohibiting transfers helped the pearl jam fans who actually got tickets to these shows. But that doesn't explain how my statement that NY and CO law protects consumers' rights to dispose of their property is backwards. 
    OK. Here is the answer to your question: you said (if I'm reading your initial post correctly) that Colorado insists on protecting consumers' right to dipose of their property as they wish. This is backwards because Colorado and New York are the states that affirmatively limit the ability of people to dispose of their property as they wish. As several others have pointed out, tickets are not property in a legal sense; they are licenses that a property owner can sell to others to use the property for limited purposes (you seem to disagree with this, but you are wrong). In 48 states, the property owners are free to sell either fully transferable or non-transferable tickets, and consumers are able to buy or not buy those tickets at their discretion. In NY and CO, the state intervenes to prohibit property owners from offering a certain type of license, and therefore prevent consumers from buying it if they wish.

Also, the notion that the state laws in NY and CO were enacted for the purpose of protecting "consumers" is a bullshit PR talking point. They were enacted to protect the business of ticket resellers.

Now answer my question: how have the fans in the other states been screwed?
    I'd submit that once the artist sells the ticket, it's no longer the artist's property. NY and CO prohibit restrictions on the actual property owner disposing of it as they wish, by barring the previous owner from implementing prospective restrictions on alienation. Why the law was put in place is beside the point. Of course the stubhub lobby was behind it, but that doesn't mean that it's not also beneficial to consumers. 

How were fans in other states screwed? Again, I'm not saying the fans who actually bought tickets have been screwed in this particular situation, because the band had the fans' interests in mind when they set up this system. But this set of 8 Pearl Jam shows is a minuscule fraction of the thousands of ticketed events that occur nationwide every week. Many transfer restrictions are very bad for the consumer. Say Ticketmaster decides to prohibit all transfers in the other 48 states, except for resale on the Ticketmaster platform. Instead of a Face Value exchange as Pearl Jam insisted on, there are additional resale fees for both the buyer and seller, as well as a price floor so that the fan who can't use the tickets can't undercut the remaining inventory, which is never going to sell because the crazy PJ-type demand isn't there. Because all sales are final, the consumer has to eat the price of the ticket because the state allowed the corporate behemoth to impose an unjustified transfer restriction to boost its resale profits. In NY and CO, that fan can get at least some of their money back due to free transferability.
    Post edited by SHZA on
  • Options
    SHZA said:
    tdawe said:
    SHZA said:
    tdawe said:
    SHZA said:
    tdawe said:
    SHZA said:
    JimmyV said:
    cardoso said:
    I think you have this backwards. NY and CO are the states that impose marketplace restrictions (by making it illegal to sell non-transferable tickets). The other states allow actors in the marketplace (in this case, concert venues, promoters & artists) to dispose of their property (in the form of limited licenses comprising a clearly defined package of rights) as they wish.
    So how is it backwards? NY and CO protect consumers. Other states allow corporate behemoths to screw the little guy. 
    There are thousands of fans in the other states who have tickets to these shows because the scalpers were kept out. Those tickets were advertised as being non-transferable, several times in very clear ways, before the sales occurred. Those fans got exactly what they bargained for, and if this thread is any indication not many of them are interested in getting any refunds. Explain to me how they have been screwed by any corporate behemoths.
    You didn't answer my question. No one disputes that prohibiting transfers helped the pearl jam fans who actually got tickets to these shows. But that doesn't explain how my statement that NY and CO law protects consumers' rights to dispose of their property is backwards. 
    OK. Here is the answer to your question: you said (if I'm reading your initial post correctly) that Colorado insists on protecting consumers' right to dipose of their property as they wish. This is backwards because Colorado and New York are the states that affirmatively limit the ability of people to dispose of their property as they wish. As several others have pointed out, tickets are not property in a legal sense; they are licenses that a property owner can sell to others to use the property for limited purposes (you seem to disagree with this, but you are wrong). In 48 states, the property owners are free to sell either fully transferable or non-transferable tickets, and consumers are able to buy or not buy those tickets at their discretion. In NY and CO, the state intervenes to prohibit property owners from offering a certain type of license, and therefore prevent consumers from buying it if they wish.

Also, the notion that the state laws in NY and CO were enacted for the purpose of protecting "consumers" is a bullshit PR talking point. They were enacted to protect the business of ticket resellers.

I'd submit that once the artist sells the ticket, it's no longer the artist's property. 
    You are free to submit that I guess, but it flies in the face of decades, if not centuries, of property law principles.
  • Options
    ARRRRGGGGGHHHH GA for TO,  dammit. 
    When???
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    tdawe said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    JB274988 said:

That's fantastic.

True.

He should charge like .25 cents over the cost of the shirts, find out how many people are interested in them and make like 50% less than that amount distributing them amongst that group based on a random lotto, and then tell anyone that got one they are not permitted to sell it to anyone for 1 cent more than they paid or never buy another shirt from him ever again.

The snark meter in this thread has really been cranked to 11 the last 48 hours.  I love it.
    Post edited by Saltzy23 on
  • Options
    ARRRRGGGGGHHHH GA for TO,  dammit. 
    When???
    15:06:28 21/02/20
    Barrie - '98
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,515
    tdawe said:
    SHZA said:
    tdawe said:
    SHZA said:
    tdawe said:
    SHZA said:
    tdawe said:
    SHZA said:
    JimmyV said:
    cardoso said:

I'd submit that once the artist sells the ticket, it's no longer the artist's property. 
    You are free to submit that I guess, but it flies in the face of decades, if not centuries, of property law principles.
    Again, NY and CO disagree.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    SHZA said:
    tdawe said:
    SHZA said:
    tdawe said:
    SHZA said:
    tdawe said:
    SHZA said:
    JimmyV said:
    cardoso said:

I'd submit that once the artist sells the ticket, it's no longer the artist's property. NY and CO prohibit restrictions on the actual property owner disposing of it as they wish, by barring the previous owner from implementing prospective restrictions on alienation. Why the law was put in place is beside the point. Of course the stubhub lobby was behind it, but that doesn't mean that it's not also beneficial to consumers. 

How were fans in other states screwed? Again, I'm not saying the fans who actually bought tickets have been screwed in this particular situation, because the band had the fans' interests in mind when they set up this system. But this set of 8 Pearl Jam shows is a minuscule fraction of the thousands of ticketed events that occur nationwide every week. Many transfer restrictions are very bad for the consumer. Say Ticketmaster decides to prohibit all transfers in the other 48 states, except for resale on the Ticketmaster platform. Instead of a Face Value exchange as Pearl Jam insisted on, there are additional resale fees for both the buyer and seller, as well as a price floor so that the fan who can't use the tickets can't undercut the remaining inventory, which is never going to sell because the crazy PJ-type demand isn't there. Because all sales are final, the consumer has to eat the price of the ticket because the state allowed the corporate behemoth to impose an unjustified transfer restriction to boost its resale profits. In NY and CO, that fan can get at least some of their money back due to free transferability.
    Bang.

Imagine buying season tickets to a baseball team where you are buying 81 fucking games in advance at face value, with no ability to sell any of them for 1 penny less than you paid.  You wanna sell your Tuesday night shit game you don't feel like going to and just recoup some of the sunk cost, fuck you, you scalping piece of trash.  

Everyone sees these laws through the prism of PJ tickets when the needle is almost always pinned down on Demand >>> Supply.

What about the other 90% of events that people just wanna sell extra tickets for events that have little or no demand for them?

All those people are just screwed I guess.
    Post edited by Saltzy23 on
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    JB274988 said:

That's fantastic.

We are gonna need to make a shirt for buying the shirt...
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,996
    Saltzy23 said:
    SHZA said:
    tdawe said:
    SHZA said:
    tdawe said:
    SHZA said:
    tdawe said:
    SHZA said:
    JimmyV said:
    cardoso said:

Bang.

Imagine buying season tickets to a baseball team where you are buying 81 fucking games in advance at face value, with no ability to sell any of them for 1 penny less than you paid.  You wanna sell your Tuesday night shit game you don't feel like going to and just recoup some of the sunk cost, fuck you, you scalping piece of trash.  

Everyone sees these laws through the prism of PJ tickets when the needle is almost always pinned down on Demand >>> Supply.

What about the other 90% of events that people just wanna sell extra tickets for events that have little or no demand for them?

Two Baltimore GA's dropped while you typed this. :wink: 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:
    SHZA said:
    tdawe said:
    SHZA said:
    tdawe said:
    SHZA said:
    tdawe said:
    SHZA said:
    JimmyV said:
    cardoso said:

Bang.

What about the other 90% of events that people just wanna sell extra tickets for that have little to no demand for them?

I'm too busy to keep at this right now, but I just wanted to note in case you're interested that NY recently carved a loophole in its "no non-transferable tickets" law to exclude the exact situation you describe here - they now allow the Yankees (and other sports teams with venues over 30K in capacity) to make a certain number of season tickets non-transferable if they want. In case there's still any confusion about who these laws are really aimed at protecting.
  • Options
    epbadgerepbadger The Bronx, NY Posts: 656
    Finally got tickets...But for Primus at the Becon in NYC.  they are playing Rush's Farewell to Kings album in its entirety...back to clicking,  cmon Fucking Baltimore