Options

Fan-to-Fan Ticket Exchange for Dummies

Comments

• Options
    Another great Nashville pair was just up. 115 row D!  No luck from me on grabbing it
    same
  • Options
    Tenaka said:
    Okay, this really is a dumb question, but I'm jumping in late and don't want to wade through 78 pages...if I were to sell on F2F, do I have any say in who actually buys my tix, or do I just have to put them out there where they simply get purchased by the first person who wants them?

Just wondering because I want to swap a pair with another person I met here for the same show, it's a win-win, this person gets better seats but I get to sit with my wife and kid.

But logistically it would just be easier for both of us if I could sell my tix to her and she hers to me, instead of us having to meet, etc. 

Anyway, I'm 99% sure we can't use the fan exchange this way, but just wanted to confirm.
    You can’t specify who they get sold to.
    Why not just meet the person there and swap seats when you’re inside?
    Well, I'm selling them GA tix, and I assume they have to enter the venue with me to get the GA wrist bands...
  • Options
    LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 797
    PJNB said:
    Toronto has dried up. Where you at TO EXTRAS!
    I did see a couple in side 300s this AM...
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Options
    YAKIMATSU said:

Succeeded in getting 2 good Oakland tickets to the 10clubber that wanted them yesterday. It is possible. Communicate through PM's with buyer and coordinate a time. Doesn't even matter what time. We did 9pst am and easy peasy.  Baltimore is the only real exception. I doubt this thread would even exist without Baltimore. 
    I actually thought about that, trying it at midnight or something...but the problem would be if one of us gets the others but the others get snatched up by someone else!
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,002
    YAKIMATSU said:

Succeeded in getting 2 good Oakland tickets to the 10clubber that wanted them yesterday. It is possible. Communicate through PM's with buyer and coordinate a time. Doesn't even matter what time. We did 9pst am and easy peasy.  Baltimore is the only real exception. I doubt this thread would even exist without Baltimore. 
    I actually thought about that, trying it at midnight or something...but the problem would be if one of us gets the others but the others get snatched up by someone else!
    I know this probably isn't optimal, but if you're trying to pull this off I'd suggest waiting for a week or two (AND doing it in the middle of the night).
  • Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,065
    YAKIMATSU said:

Yeah, that’s a big risk. I think you are best to meet at venue and swap log ins or phones briefly when you are walking in. Only issue with that is the one with GA may want to go in much earlier than you. 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    YAKIMATSU said:

Yeah, that’s a big risk. I think you are best to meet at venue and swap log ins or phones briefly when you are walking in. Only issue with that is the one with GA may want to go in much earlier than you. 
    If there's a trust relationship with you and the other couple then you could just swap logins to your ticketmaster accounts for the night and walk in as normal since the login to the app effectively is the ticket.  Otherwise you're back to walking in together.
  • Options
    Good suggestions, but as MakeUSmile said, the GA folks probably want to go a lot earlier, and to Chr1spy's suggestion, I actually bought two (crappy!) tix in Verified Fan for that show, so those two friends have to go in with me (or use my TM login, I guess I could give it to both, have the GAs use it for theirs and my other friends for the other two)...anyway, it's all complicated one way or the other. But such is the nature of the beast with the band trying to get a lot of cheap, good tix to 10c members, the price is the overly elaborate system!
  • Options
    afgpjafgpj Upstate NY Posts: 142
    Sorry if this was already suggested.  But it would save everyone a lot of time, effort, and anxiety if TM would just do a weekly lottery via Verified Fan for these tix.  They could give priority to everyone wait listed the first time around and then throw everyone in it each week up until show time.
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,226
    JimmyV said:
    SHZA said:
    JimmyV said:
    cardoso said:
    Where is the Denver tickets??
    StubHub. Colorado insists on protecting the scalper market. 
    Or consumers' right to dispose of their property as they wish.
    A concert ticket isn't property. It can be revoked, cancelled, you can be ejected, etc. 

Thoughts and prayers to the "consumer" in this instance. 
    Correct. It's a license, not property.

The states of NY and CO disagree. It's a piece of property that grants you a right of entry. At that point you can forfeit the property for violating the venue's rules that you agreed to when you purchased the ticket.
  • Options
    Man.of.Golden.WordsMan.of.Golden.Words Toronto, ON Posts: 131
    Just posted 2 for LA2, good luck all
    Toronto 2003, Hamilton 2005, Toronto 2005, Toronto 1&2 2006, Toronto 2009, Cleveland 2010, Buffalo 2010, Toronto 1&2 2011, Hamilton 2011, Buffalo 2013, Detroit 2014, Moline 2014, St. Paul 2014, Milwaukee 2014, New York City 2015, New York City 1&2 2016, Quebec City 2016, Ottawa 2016, Toronto 1&2 2016, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Madrid 2018, Chicago 1&2 2018, Los Angeles 1&2 2022, Quebec City 2022, Ottawa 2022, Hamilton 2022, Toronto 2022
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    SHZA said:
    JimmyV said:
    cardoso said:
    I think you have this backwards. NY and CO are the states that impose marketplace restrictions (by making it illegal to sell non-transferable tickets). The other states allow actors in the marketplace (in this case, concert venues, promoters & artists) to dispose of their property (in the form of limited licenses comprising a clearly defined package of rights) as they wish.
    So how is it backwards? NY and CO protect consumers. Other states allow corporate behemoths to screw the little guy. 
  • Options
    SHZA said:
    tdawe said:
    SHZA said:
    JimmyV said:
    cardoso said:
    I think you have this backwards. NY and CO are the states that impose marketplace restrictions (by making it illegal to sell non-transferable tickets). The other states allow actors in the marketplace (in this case, concert venues, promoters & artists) to dispose of their property (in the form of limited licenses comprising a clearly defined package of rights) as they wish.
    So how is it backwards? NY and CO protect consumers. Other states allow corporate behemoths to screw the little guy. 
    There are thousands of fans in the other states who have tickets to these shows because the scalpers were kept out. Those tickets were advertised as being non-transferable, several times in very clear ways, before the sales occurred. Those fans got exactly what they bargained for, and if this thread is any indication not many of them are interested in getting any refunds. Explain to me how they have been screwed by any corporate behemoths.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,244
    afgpj said:
    Sorry if this was already suggested.  But it would save everyone a lot of time, effort, and anxiety if TM would just do a weekly lottery via Verified Fan for these tix.  They could give priority to everyone wait listed the first time around and then throw everyone in it each week up until show time.
    It feels like the argument for a random entry into the pit at concerts.  We're asking people to put in more effort to save us from ourselves... lol.   
  • Options
    Jadler said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Jadler said:
    We need those 60 year olds to figure out how to sell 
    'I don't know Sally!  I'm hitting the button on the thing, but it won't let me do it!   See....it doesn't work.  I keep clicking the thing but nothing is happening.  All it keeps saying is Message from yahoo.com. Unable to deliver message to the following address(es). Requested mail action aborted, user suspended or mailbox not found.  Jesus Christ, I wish we just never bought these things.  Call the kids and see if they know how to do this.  I've had it already.'
    😂
    You guys do realize that the entire band was born in the '60s, right?
    Matt's 57....
  • Options
    Zod said:
    afgpj said:
    It feels like the argument for a random entry into the pit at concerts.  We're asking people to put in more effort to save us from ourselves... lol.   
    Yeah, there is no perfect solution.   But the odds of getting selected and then getting tix through VF are probably not much different than the odds of getting tix hitting F5 all day.  People just like to feel that they are in control of their destiny.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    afgpj said:
    Zod said:
    afgpj said:
    Yeah, there is no perfect solution.   But the odds of getting selected and then getting tix through VF are probably not much different than the odds of getting tix hitting F5 all day.  People just like to feel that they are in control of their destiny.
    The odds through a VF option would be much less. How many people out there right now are really plugging away at F5? A few hundred maybe? A Verified Fan option with a specific onsale time would see a lot more people trying for the same few number of tickets. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    afgpj said:
    Zod said:
    afgpj said:
    The odds through a VF option would be much less. How many people out there right now are really plugging away at F5? A few hundred maybe? A Verified Fan option with a specific onsale time would see a lot more people trying for the same few number of tickets. 
    You are probably right, especially with limited tour dates.   As has been said over and over again the demand for tix is much greater than the available number of tickets.   Hopefully the fall tour will be a little easier to land tickets.
  • Options
    Just joined into this thing ,  need a GA for PHX,  good fuckin luck I say.   But there's 2 upper level tix posted !
  • Options
    ARRRRGGGGGHHHH GA for TO,  dammit. 
    Barrie - '98
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    SHZA said:
    tdawe said:
    SHZA said:
    JimmyV said:
    cardoso said:
    There are thousands of fans in the other states who have tickets to these shows because the scalpers were kept out. Those tickets were advertised as being non-transferable, several times in very clear ways, before the sales occurred. Those fans got exactly what they bargained for, and if this thread is any indication not many of them are interested in getting any refunds. Explain to me how they have been screwed by any corporate behemoths.
    You didn't answer my question. No one disputes that prohibiting transfers helped the pearl jam fans who actually got tickets to these shows. But that doesn't explain how my statement that NY and CO law protects consumers' rights to dispose of their property is backwards. 
  • Options
    guitar101guitar101 Sutton, ON Posts: 397

Came here to post the same thing! Someone got lucky .
    2005-9-12 London, ON
    2006-5-09 Toronto
    2007-8-03 (ed w/ ben harper) chicago / 2007-8-05 chicago
    2008-8-12 (ed solo) toronto
    2009-10-08 (ed solo) Albany
    2011-9-11 Toronto / 2011-9-12 Toronto
    2013-7-16 London, ON / 2013-7-19 Chicago / 2013-10-12 Buffalo
    2016-5-11 Toronto, On / 2016-5-13 Toronto, On
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,804
    guitar101 said:

Came here to post the same thing! Someone got lucky .
    That’s why I’m here 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    looked away for 2 seconds... and I think my auto-refresh messed me up.  Nothing for like a day and then I choke....damn damn dam. 
    Barrie - '98
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Options
    JadlerJadler Posts: 705
    michlynda said:
    Jadler said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Jadler said:
    We need those 60 year olds to figure out how to sell 
    'I don't know Sally!  I'm hitting the button on the thing, but it won't let me do it!   See....it doesn't work.  I keep clicking the thing but nothing is happening.  All it keeps saying is Message from yahoo.com. Unable to deliver message to the following address(es). Requested mail action aborted, user suspended or mailbox not found.  Jesus Christ, I wish we just never bought these things.  Call the kids and see if they know how to do this.  I've had it already.'
    😂
    You guys do realize that the entire band was born in the '60s, right?
    Matt's 57....
    Yes of course! I am no ageist lol. I was just playing off a joke someone made earlier. Trying to keep ourselves entertained during this marathon of disappointment. Didn’t mean any harm by it!
  • Options
    euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    barf... so close but ohhh so far...
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    afgpj said:
    Zod said:
    afgpj said:
    I'm hoping as people find tickets it will get easier.  Less competition but also fewer tickets.  I'm pinning my hopes on picking something up in the middle of March.
    Boston (4/10/94), Hartford (10/2/96), Barre (8/22/98), Hartford (9/13/98), Mansfield (9/15/98 + 9/16/98), Mansfield (8/29/00 + 8/30/00), Mansfield (7/2/03 + 7/11/03), Boston (9/28/04), Hartford (5/13/06), Boston (5/24/06 + 5/25/06), Hartford (6/27/08), Mansfield (6/28/08 + 6/30/08), Philadelphia (10/31/09), Hartford (5/15/10), Worcester (10/15/13 + 10/16/13), Hartford (10/25/13), New York (5/1/16), Boston (8/5/16 + 8/7/16), Boston (9/2/18 + 9/4/18)
  • Options
    euchrid said:
    barf... so close but ohhh so far...
    barf is the perfect word 
    Barrie - '98
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    SHZA said:
    tdawe said:
    SHZA said:
    tdawe said:
    SHZA said:
    JimmyV said:
    cardoso said:
    You didn't answer my question. No one disputes that prohibiting transfers helped the pearl jam fans who actually got tickets to these shows. But that doesn't explain how my statement that NY and CO law protects consumers' rights to dispose of their property is backwards. 
    OK. Here is the answer to your question: you said (if I'm reading your initial post correctly) that Colorado insists on protecting consumers' right to dipose of their property as they wish. This is backwards because Colorado and New York are the states that affirmatively limit the ability of people to dispose of their property as they wish. As several others have pointed out, tickets are not property in a legal sense; they are licenses that a property owner can sell to others to use the property for limited purposes (you seem to disagree with this, but you are wrong). In 48 states, the property owners are free to sell either fully transferable or non-transferable tickets, and consumers are able to buy or not buy those tickets at their discretion. In NY and CO, the state intervenes to prohibit property owners from offering a certain type of license, and therefore prevent consumers from buying it if they wish.

Also, the notion that the state laws in NY and CO were enacted for the purpose of protecting "consumers" is a bullshit PR talking point. They were enacted to protect the business of ticket resellers.

Now answer my question: how have the fans in the other states been screwed?
  • Options
    edited February 2020
     :D 
    Post edited by LaFleur on
    Barrie - '98
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22