Fan-to-Fan Ticket Exchange for Dummies

Comments

• SHZASHZA Posts: 3,889
    Okay yeah based on those comments, I don't think that's a feature I can account for.

Here's what I have so far:
    - largely avoid captcha
    - auto refresh every 3 or 4 seconds
    - alert sound when tickets are found
    - auto click of "Got It"
    - auto click of "Next" on delivery page
    - auto fill in your CVV number (this was a collosal PIA)
    - auto select "no insurance"

What it doesn't do/manual tasks:
    - clicking the tickets on ticket selection screen
    - clicking "Next" on ticket selection confirmation screen which immediately shows up after you click the tickets ( I may be able to click this one )
    - clicking "Place order"

I need to write up some instructions for this later after kids go to bed and maybe I'll put that as a tab on that spreadsheet y'all are using, if that's okay.
    Game changer 
  • korn-1korn-1 Posts: 930
    La1 205 up
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,392
    SHZA said:
    Okay yeah based on those comments, I don't think that's a feature I can account for.

- largely avoid captcha
    - auto click of "Got It"

- clicking "Next" on ticket selection confirmation screen which immediately shows up after you click the tickets ( I may be able to click this one )
    - clicking "Place order"

I need to write up some instructions for this later after kids go to bed and maybe I'll put that as a tab on that spreadsheet y'all are using, if that's okay.
    Game changer 
    ^^^^
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22

- largely avoid captcha
    - auto click of "Got It"

- clicking "Place order"

At what point does this kind of program become a "bot?" 
  • Kovsar86Kovsar86 Posts: 756

- largely avoid captcha
    - auto click of "Got It"

- clicking "Place order"

That would be amazing!
    Off (s)He Goes
    Ok back from work and settled in... ready to put some time in. Which probably means no tickets for the rest of the day.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • SHZA said:

- largely avoid captcha
    - auto click of "Got It"

- clicking "Place order"

No clue lol!
  • epbadgerepbadger Posts: 663
    SHZA said:

- largely avoid captcha
    - auto click of "Got It"

- clicking "Place order"

It is a bot
  • Steve GSteve G Posts: 53
    So what I learned in this process is that at some point in the checkout race once the tickets are yours their yours.  When I scored I had put a cc in that I felt didn’t want a secondary code like my Amex. Put my ccv in and got a message saying the was an error processing my card please try again. This went on for what seemed like days.  I switched to another card same thing. It wasn’t until I went to my Amex and immediately got the email that I saw an email for fraud protection from my first attempt.  Once I clicked yes I approve ticketbasterd it took me back to my account and boom complete.  So the guy who posted way back that it doesn’t matter put any quick in the ccv was correct. I did this on my phone.  Good luck 
    8/12/92-Stanhope NJ
    9/8/98-E.Rutherford NJ
    9/10/98-New York, NY
    9/11/98-New York, NY
    8/12/2000-Tampa, FL
    8/23-25/2000- Wantagh, NY
    10/5/2000-Tornoto, Canada
    4/30/03-Uniondale, NY
    5/3/03-State College, PA
    7/8-9/03-New York, NY
    7/14/03-Holmdel, NJ
    10/3/05-Philadelphia, PA
    6/1-3/06-E.Rutherford, NJ
    6/24-25/08-New York, NY
    10/30/09-Philadelphia, PA
    5/18/10-Newark, NJ
    5/20-21/10-New York, NY
    10/18/13-Brooklyn, NY
    10/25/13-Hartford, CT
    9/26/15-New York, NY
    4/8/16-Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    4/9/16-Miami, FL
    5/1-2/16-New York, NY
    9/2/18-Boston, MA
    9/11/22-New York, NY
    9/14/22-Camden, NJ

• SHZA said:

- largely avoid captcha
    - auto click of "Got It"

- clicking "Place order"

When you're writing code to perform tasks faster than a human can :)
    Toronto 2003, Hamilton 2005, Toronto 2005, Toronto 1&2 2006, Toronto 2009, Cleveland 2010, Buffalo 2010, Toronto 1&2 2011, Hamilton 2011, Buffalo 2013, Detroit 2014, Moline 2014, St. Paul 2014, Milwaukee 2014, New York City 2015, New York City 1&2 2016, Quebec City 2016, Ottawa 2016, Toronto 1&2 2016, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Madrid 2018, Chicago 1&2 2018, Los Angeles 1&2 2022, Quebec City 2022, Ottawa 2022, Hamilton 2022, Toronto 2022, Vancouver 1&2 2024, Seattle 1&2 2024, Baltimore 2024
  • Okay yeah based on those comments, I don't think that's a feature I can account for.

- largely avoid captcha
    - auto click of "Got It"

- clicking "Place order"

Yes!!
    Kovsar86 said:
    korn-1 said:
    Wow I got distracted by work, Ohana, and fixing a foo fighters stubhub ticket problem.... come back to like 200 new posts on this thread.  Looks like a Busy balt day!

I'm gonna continue to f5 and post whatever I see but after dropping another $900 on tickets today I'm tapped out on the buying.
    I wanna go to Ohana so bad but travel from the east coast makes it hard when I can really only go for the weekend 😭
    Honestly as happy as I am about it I'm a little leery about a full band set there. The laid back vibe of the first couple years of the festival seems like it is gonna be squashed, even last year was edging on that. 2016 felt like a backyard bbq with Eddie and Elvis Castello (i strolled in an hour AFTER the doors opened and got rail), 17 Glens short stripped down solo set nearly stole the weekend, missed 18, 19 was bit crowded but still fun. I think there will be soooooo much focus on PJ this year the rest of the festival might turn into just a distraction which would be unfortunate cause it really is an amazing setting.
  • mikethek1mikethek1 Posts: 10
    SHZA said:
    Hey guys, long time lurker here. Managed to snag the 329 Baltimore earlier using a new chrome extension I wrote, basically a souped up auto refresh. 

Earlier, pearljam92 said "Damn credit card TXT code popped up"... Does anyone know what that means? I am trying to account for different people's experiences at checkout before unleashing this thing and I wasn't sure if that was something different than the CVV code I have to enter everytime at checkout.
    Two way authentication? 
    It is a form of two factor authentication called 3-D Secure that card issuers/companies are adopting to combat online card fraud and ensure the cardholder is notified of card transactions. As seen on the threads, not all cards issuers are using it and it definitely slows down the process
    Washington, DC (January 15, 1995)
    Columbia, Maryland (September 24, 1996)
    Washington, DC (September 19, 1998)
    Columbia, Maryland (September 04, 2000)
    Nissan Pavilion Virginia (July 1, 2003) 
    Camden, New Jersey (May 27, 2006)
    Baltimore, MD (October 27, 2013)
    Philadelphia 1 (April 28, 2016)
    Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018)
    Boston Night 2 (September 04, 2018)
    Chicago Night 1 (September 5, 2023
    Chicago Night 2 (September 7, 2023) 
    RefreSHA, what’s your secret? Computer or phone? Auto refresh or not? Some sort of lightening speed internet! Super fast reflexes??
  • danofundanofun Posts: 978
    @bucklyshrank very cool! However, I’d caution “releasing this into the wild.” If you’ve had success using it that’s awesome but I imagine this is exactly the type of thing Ticketmaster is on the lookout for. Maybe better to help a few fellow 10cers out privately?
  • BagCzechBagCzech Posts: 463
    DH77340 said:
    @bucklyshrank very cool! However, I’d caution “releasing this into the wild.” If you’ve had success using it that’s awesome but I imagine this is exactly the type of thing Ticketmaster is on the lookout for. Maybe better to help a few fellow 10cers out privately?
    Yeah let’s beta test it with me 😂 
    Sd bench K up
    La1 225 up
  • danofundanofun Posts: 978
    BagCzech said:
    DH77340 said:
    BagCzech said:
    DH77340 said:
    !!!
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,604
    korn-1 said:
    Sd bench K up
    lol...my friend just put those up cause I got him some better tickets
  • craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,298
    DH77340 said:
    And do not accidentally buy foundation tickets, I think they purposely dropped them in the first days of the F2F..
    edited March 2020
    RefreSHA, what’s your secret? Computer or phone? Auto refresh or not? Some sort of lightening speed internet! Super fast reflexes??
    No performance enhancing drugs / bots. Typically phone and just cell service instead of wifi. Two keys to success in my opinion. First, perfecting a technique to get through the screens quickly without fumbling. Second, there's no substitute for just putting in the time and being able to focus, so when the "Got it" pops up for the first time in 12 hours, you're ready to pounce. It's dull and monotonous, but that's what it takes. If you're just watching auto refresh out of the corner of your eye and then trying to hit stop or switch to your phone, I can't see how you'd beat someone who is manually refreshing and on it the moment it appears. 
    Post edited by SHZA on
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,830
    SHZA said:
    No performance enhancing drugs / bots. Typically phone and just cell service instead of wifi. Two keys to success in my opinion. First, perfecting a technique to get through the screens quickly without fumbling. Second, there's no substitute for just putting in the time and being able to focus, so when the "Got it" pops up for the first time in 12 hours, you're ready to pounce. It's dull and monotonous, but that's what it takes. If you're just watching auto refresh out of the corner of your eye and then trying to hit stop or switch to your phone, I can't see how you'd beat someone who is manually refreshing and on it the moment it appears. 
    ^ Same here has worked best for me. Mobile app is generally more forgiving and smaller screen means easier tapping than viewing a browser and moving a mouse. Only catch being fat fingers on the CVC section or muscle memory accidentally doing something to back you out of a screen.
  • LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 810

- largely avoid captcha
    - auto click of "Got It"

- clicking "Place order"

Awesome. Can you share the extension?
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • DH77340 said:
    @DH77340this is a good point. I really just wanted to give it to fans here trying for tix, but certainly wouldn't want things to go sideways. I made it for fun and it works (or at least it worked once for me) and thought it'd be cool to share. Also, it's by no means a guarantee you'll get tickets, it took me several tries today!

• JB274988JB274988 Posts: 287
    SHZA said:
    Agree, the seats that I have won  have been on my phone and manual auto refresh if you’re not refreshing every second you will not get to the Got It screen fast enough; that’s why auto refresh ultimately fails
    Camden, NJ 06 -  Columbia, SC 08 - Washington D.C. 08 - Philadelphia, PA 09 - Bristow, VA 10 - Hartford, CT 10 - NYC, NY 10 - Alpine Valley, WI 11 - Baltimore, MD 13 - Ottawa, ON 20 - Baltimore, MD 20 - St. Louis, MO 20
  • TG1227TG1227 Posts: 39
    218 Row M. Who got them?
  • BagCzechBagCzech Posts: 463
    missed 
    218 Baltimore who scored? 
    “Could not process your request” :angry: after hitting next to go to pay.

I was dicking around with a text message so knew it was gone when I refreshed and saw tickets.