Fan-to-Fan Ticket Exchange for Dummies

Comments

• RF123172 said:
    RF123172 said:
    It's really crazy to see all of these loyal fans having the same issues. This is an easy fix and it needs to be addressed. Ticketmaster could give a shit. The easy fix being: if you click em' first, they're yours for at least 2 minutes. This is totally ridiculous.

If you feel that way, have you registered your concern to Ticketmaster management?  You can look them up easily on the Internet.  
    Absolutely. Talked to corporate office. Got absolutely no where. "The server thought you were a robot" he said. I laughed because of the amount of Captchas I got the first few nights and scored 90+ on all of them. You think it's cool that people are being booted as their credit cards are being processed?
    I've spoken to a few in Senior Management at TM.  They were extremely familiar with the issue and said they were caught by surprise by it.  They used the same program as they always use for resale...with the price exception.  They said they were trying to figure out what change they could make that would result in less customer frustration.  They felt that considering how many were trying for so few tickets it was not a given what the solution was.  And that they need to be careful to not mess up their normal resale process.  It sounds like you did not speak to the right person.
    I definitely spoke to the right person. Do you work at Ticketmaster, or just a huge fan of their work?
    Sounds like you may have been given the "runaround"
  • ST66483ST66483 Posts: 748
    Great single up for Ottawa in 108
  • RF123172RF123172 Posts: 110
    edited March 2020
    RF123172 said:
    RF123172 said:
    It's really crazy to see all of these loyal fans having the same issues. This is an easy fix and it needs to be addressed. Ticketmaster could give a shit. The easy fix being: if you click em' first, they're yours for at least 2 minutes. This is totally ridiculous.

If you feel that way, have you registered your concern to Ticketmaster management?  You can look them up easily on the Internet.  
    Absolutely. Talked to corporate office. Got absolutely no where. "The server thought you were a robot" he said. I laughed because of the amount of Captchas I got the first few nights and scored 90+ on all of them. You think it's cool that people are being booted as their credit cards are being processed?
    I've spoken to a few in Senior Management at TM.  They were extremely familiar with the issue and said they were caught by surprise by it.  They used the same program as they always use for resale...with the price exception.  They said they were trying to figure out what change they could make that would result in less customer frustration.  They felt that considering how many were trying for so few tickets it was not a given what the solution was.  And that they need to be careful to not mess up their normal resale process.  It sounds like you did not speak to the right person.
    I definitely spoke to the right person. Do you work at Ticketmaster, or just a huge fan of their work?
    I don't work there.  But I do feel they have improved their system tremendously over the last few years.  It used to be abominable.  I buy tickets from them about 30 times per year.  The folks i spoke to knew exactly what we were going through.  I will follow up and ask if they have decided anything.  They said it might not be until the next time this occurs.  I also feel they get blamed for things that are often decisions of the artist and promoter.  Not this item though.
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,989
    edited March 2020
    Delete
    Post edited by lmckenney24 on
  • TW150753TW150753 Posts: 160
    Kovsar86 said:
    Balts need to start droppin' like they hot
    Corona Virus should at the very least get the casual fan to drop their tix.🤷‍♂️ 

Im a little surprised that selling has dropped way off. Old fans at risk, people traveling and having to be on planes, rental cars and hotels.

Probably a wait and see, many have thought the west coast shows are of higher risk, but earlier shows could face the fear of the unknown and later shows go on as more facts come out and we see what the numbers look like. Im good to go!

I'm banking on the late sell off, oh, and I'm extremely hungover from 3 nights in Nashville...
  • Is TM still being laggy for anyone? Seems to be a little faster at the moment for me.
    "If you're like me, then you know me"

2006: Camden 1
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 1, Philly 2, Philly 3, Philly 4
    2013: Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2,
    2017: Temple of The Dog Philly 2
  • Kovsar86Kovsar86 Posts: 756
    Is TM still being laggy for anyone? Seems to be a little faster at the moment for me.
    Still laggy here 
    Off (s)He Goes
  • Steve GSteve G Posts: 53
    Laggy AF
    8/12/92-Stanhope NJ
    9/8/98-E.Rutherford NJ
    9/10/98-New York, NY
    9/11/98-New York, NY
    8/12/2000-Tampa, FL
    8/23-25/2000- Wantagh, NY
    10/5/2000-Tornoto, Canada
    4/30/03-Uniondale, NY
    5/3/03-State College, PA
    7/8-9/03-New York, NY
    7/14/03-Holmdel, NJ
    10/3/05-Philadelphia, PA
    6/1-3/06-E.Rutherford, NJ
    6/24-25/08-New York, NY
    10/30/09-Philadelphia, PA
    5/18/10-Newark, NJ
    5/20-21/10-New York, NY
    10/18/13-Brooklyn, NY
    10/25/13-Hartford, CT
    9/26/15-New York, NY
    4/8/16-Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    4/9/16-Miami, FL
    5/1-2/16-New York, NY
    9/2/18-Boston, MA
    9/11/22-New York, NY
    9/14/22-Camden, NJ

• epbadgerepbadger Posts: 663
    edited March 2020
    anyone else have this happen.
    f5f5f5f5f5f5f5 only to look away for maybe 5 seconds,  if that, then look back at screen and the got it page is there. of course to late now ....I hate those misses the worst 
    epbadger said:
    f5f5f5f5f5f5f5 only to look away for maybe 5 seconds,  if that, then look back at screen and the got it page is there. of course to late now ....I hate those misses the worst 
    Yep! 😩
    Off (s)He Goes
  • epbadgerepbadger Posts: 663
    Kovsar86 said:
    Is TM still being laggy for anyone? Seems to be a little faster at the moment for me.
    Still laggy here 
    all day lag
    epbadger said:
    Kovsar86 said:
    Still laggy here 
    all day lag
    It’s been horrible. Tried just cell service and WiFi. Both junk
    Off (s)He Goes
  • B4idiejetsB4idiejets Posts: 346
    epbadger said:
    Oh yeah, dozed off one nite and looked back and there it was......waaaaaaaaay too friggin late
    epbadger said:
    Oh yeah, dozed off one nite and looked back and there it was......waaaaaaaaay too friggin late
    Getting to the point where you can’t keep your eyes open and your F5 key reflex is way off is the worst
    Off (s)He Goes
  • bucklyshrankbucklyshrank Posts: 32
    edited March 2020
    Hey guys, long time lurker here. Managed to snag the 329 Baltimore earlier using a new chrome extension I wrote, basically a souped up auto refresh. 

Earlier, pearljam92 said "Damn credit card TXT code popped up"... Does anyone know what that means? I am trying to account for different people's experiences at checkout before unleashing this thing and I wasn't sure if that was something different than the CVV code I have to enter everytime at checkout.
  • BagCzech said:
    SHZA said:
    307? Drops are crazy today!
    this may be the busiest day yet. thank you #coronavirus
    I honestly think week of show, we are gonna look back on this frenzy and laugh at how easy tickets are to come by then
    But we made so many Friends and the preparty is gonna be awesome to meet everyone in person
  • LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 810
    edited March 2020
    Nice 110s for Hamilton just came and went. TM sucks ass today.
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,889
    Hey guys, long time lurker here. Managed to snag the 329 Baltimore earlier using a new chrome extension I wrote, basically a souped up auto refresh. 

Earlier, pearljam92 said "Damn credit card TXT code popped up"... Does anyone know what that means? I am trying to account for different people's experiences at checkout before unleashing this thing and I wasn't sure if that was something different than the CVV code I have to enter everytime at checkout.
    Two way authentication? 
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,392

I think this is referring to a text confirmation regarding the credit charge. It depends on the person’s card and security settings.

So you’ll be sharing this extension with us?? 💘
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,667
    SHZA said:

Two way authentication? 
    That happened to me today with the Sea Hear Now tickets. I had to get a code texted to me to continue my purchase. It only does this on certain cards I have. Luckily I had a 9 minute timer for those tickets. On this Fan to Fan site it is a matter of milliseconds and you have lost your tickets.

• droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,428
    Sorry boys and girls - been in meetings all day. Any F5ers score any Baltimore tickets?
  • korn-1korn-1 Posts: 930
    Wow I got distracted by work, Ohana, and fixing a foo fighters stubhub ticket problem.... come back to like 200 new posts on this thread.  Looks like a Busy balt day!

I'm gonna continue to f5 and post whatever I see but after dropping another $900 on tickets today I'm tapped out on the buying.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
    Az 209 up
    La1 204 up
    La2 230 up
    Az 206 single up
  • Okay yeah based on those comments, I don't think that's a feature I can account for.

Here's what I have so far:
    - largely avoid captcha
    - auto refresh every 3 or 4 seconds
    - alert sound when tickets are found
    - auto click of "Got It"
    - auto click of "Next" on delivery page
    - auto fill in your CVV number (this was a collosal PIA)
    - auto select "no insurance"

What it doesn't do/manual tasks:
    - clicking the tickets on ticket selection screen
    - clicking "Next" on ticket selection confirmation screen which immediately shows up after you click the tickets ( I may be able to click this one )
    - clicking "Place order"

I need to write up some instructions for this later after kids go to bed and maybe I'll put that as a tab on that spreadsheet y'all are using, if that's okay.
  • madhat181madhat181 Posts: 372
    Okay yeah based on those comments, I don't think that's a feature I can account for.

Here's what I have so far:
    - largely avoid captcha
    - auto refresh every 3 or 4 seconds
    - alert sound when tickets are found
    - auto click of "Got It"
    - auto click of "Next" on delivery page
    - auto fill in your CVV number (this was a collosal PIA)
    - auto select "no insurance"

What it doesn't do/manual tasks:
    - clicking the tickets on ticket selection screen
    - clicking "Next" on ticket selection confirmation screen which immediately shows up after you click the tickets ( I may be able to click this one )
    - clicking "Place order"

I need to write up some instructions for this later after kids go to bed and maybe I'll put that as a tab on that spreadsheet y'all are using, if that's okay.
    Wow this sounds awesome 
    korn-1 said:
    Wow I got distracted by work, Ohana, and fixing a foo fighters stubhub ticket problem.... come back to like 200 new posts on this thread.  Looks like a Busy balt day!

I'm gonna continue to f5 and post whatever I see but after dropping another $900 on tickets today I'm tapped out on the buying.
    I wanna go to Ohana so bad but travel from the east coast makes it hard when I can really only go for the weekend 😭
    Off (s)He Goes
    Az 226 up