Fan-to-Fan Ticket Exchange for Dummies

Comments

• I heard Royal doesn't have viewing screens...?

• leddeadleddead Posts: 158
    Every time I try to complete payment it pops up a box processing an AMEX safeguard. I feel like those precious seconds cause me to lose tickets. Does that happen for all credit cards?
    That has never happened to me. If you have a visa (MC may work too, but my Wells Fargo CC is visa), switch and save your payment method with that card. Copy your CVV and paste fast once you see that box to do so. 
    Interesting.  I’m using Amex too and get that screen.  I assumed everyone got that.  I’ll try my visa next time.  
    I too am having that issue with Amex.  I was originally using Visa, but that made me wait for a verification code to be texted to me which I then had to type.  I was losing 10+ seconds easily.  Amex is the lesser of the two evils.  I am afraid I'm never going to have a shot though because of those precious seconds that I lose.
  • TenakaTenaka Posts: 96
    leddead said:
    Every time I try to complete payment it pops up a box processing an AMEX safeguard. I feel like those precious seconds cause me to lose tickets. Does that happen for all credit cards?
    That has never happened to me. If you have a visa (MC may work too, but my Wells Fargo CC is visa), switch and save your payment method with that card. Copy your CVV and paste fast once you see that box to do so. 
    Interesting.  I’m using Amex too and get that screen.  I assumed everyone got that.  I’ll try my visa next time.  
    I too am having that issue with Amex.  I was originally using Visa, but that made me wait for a verification code to be texted to me which I then had to type.  I was losing 10+ seconds easily.  Amex is the lesser of the two evils.  I am afraid I'm never going to have a shot though because of those precious seconds that I lose.
    I've bought 3 sets of tickets using Amex. Not having any issues.
    2018 Wrigley 1
    2020 Ottawa / Quebec
  • tusevuntusevun Posts: 231
    leddead said:
    I have bought 2 pairs with amex
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,941
    I heard Royal doesn't have viewing screens...?

I think the artist brings their own. 
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • leddead said:
    I've heard of that happening if it's your bank card and not a credit card. I got the pop up with AMEX and MC so now I'll see if VISA does the same thing or not.
  • leddead said:
    Bought a pair yesterday with Amex, no issue
  • leddead said:
    For Baltimore? Did it pop up that AMEX safe guard box?
  • reyrey Posts: 277
    mpedone said:

I think the artist brings their own. 

Pretty sure they did for the 2013 show.
  • leddead said:
    For Baltimore? Did it pop up that AMEX safe guard box?
    No for Toronto
  • pearljam92pearljam92 New Jersey Posts: 51
    For those that have been successful with a VISA....do you get the "verified by Visa" pop up?  Or does it go right through?  I keep getting that pop up as I try and place the order.  Wondering if that slows things down....thx.
  • NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,414
    edited February 2020
    For those that have been successful with a VISA....do you get the "verified by Visa" pop up?  Or does it go right through?  I keep getting that pop up as I try and place the order.  Wondering if that slows things down....thx.
    I didn't have anything pop up for my Visa card when I purchased for STL
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,639

My sister just saw a show there and said there were screens. I can’t remember if there were screens there in 2013. I was sitting closer then compared to what I have now. I hope there are screens. 
  • The band brings the screens, they aren't a part of the venue
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • I hope they tweek this process for the next tour.  Like be able to transfer to who u want and have tm process the payment for whoever
    That would be awesome, but I don't see that happening for the fall leg (if it holds). Although frustrating, I think TM and 10c will view this as a success keeping the tickets out of the hands of scalpers. I think if they make that tweak, or any tweak, it won't be until 2021 tour or later, unfortunately. 

It's going to be interesting if they play Philly.  Wells Fargo center is a comcast tickets venue. This show may be an exception or this could point to them playing the Citizens Bank Ball Park.
    I wonder if that pushes them to play Camden instead of Philly. 
    Way tooooo small a place ..Camden sound sucks 😭😭😭
    Yeah I agree, seen them there twice in 03 and I think it was 98....you cant go lawn, your just watching the screen all nite.  And your right, sound isn't that great
  • reyrey Posts: 277
    There were screens in Baltimore for the 2013 show.  If you look at youtube videos you can see them.
  • leddead said:
    I've heard of that happening if it's your bank card and not a credit card. I got the pop up with AMEX and MC so now I'll see if VISA does the same thing or not.
    So I just tried OK tickets with my VISA. The first time through it had to text me a code to process the payment. The second time through it didn't and processed much faster then my AMEX. Just use the wrong CVC code and it won't buy anything.
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,888
    No popup with Visa for B'more tix. It definitely slows things down.
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,639
    How many of you play the game “I’m only going to do this until the next captcha come up”?
  • pearljam92pearljam92 New Jersey Posts: 51
    SHZA said:
    No popup with Visa for B'more tix. It definitely slows things down.
    Ok thanks for the info!  I'll try a different VISA card.  I'm getting the "verified by VISA" every time.
  • chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,469
    SD behind the stage up. Looks like someone bought them and put them back up right away
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 810
    Straight through for me every time with Visa. (canadian bank)
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • danlee1095danlee1095 Posts: 1,192
    I was only able to make Night 3 (which was outstanding).  Which night was your fave?

i liked each night for different reasons. But I would say it’s a tie between night 2 and night 4 for me. Night 2 the World Series was going on next door and the Phillies were winning. and the energy was just unreal. a friend of mine interned at WMMR (Philly radio station) at the time and we sat in the radio station club box seat at the spectrum for night 2. And when they did “Down” with social distortion that was great.  3 was cool because I heard some songs I hadn’t before at the time. Night 1 in my opinion  was the weakest night, not saying it was a bad show or anything I think they were just getting there feet wet. Hearing “Ghost“ live on night 1 was awesome. Night 4 was just insane. Playing for almost 4 hours and it was Halloween night. “Bugs”  and “Sweet Lew” got played for the first time, Rockin in the Free world with confetti was a nice touch, that was the first night I heard “Pilate” too. And when they play “Smile” Mike switched to bass and Jeff switched to guitar. So yeah it’s a tie between night 4 and night 2 for me lol.
    So awesome - thanks for the re-cap!  "In Hiding" from N3 always gives me the chills.
    9/8/98 (NJ), 9/10/98 (NY), 8/23/00 (NY), 8/24/00 (NY), 8/25/00 (NY), 4/30/03 (NY), 7/8/03 (NY), 7/9/03 (NY), 5/12/06 (NY), 6/1/06 (NJ), 6/3/06 (NJ), 8/5/07 (IL), 6/22/08 (DC), 6/24/08 (NY), 6/25/08 (NY), 7/1/08 (NY), 10/4/09 (TX ), 10/30/09 (PA), 5/20/10 (NY), 5/21/10 (NY), 9/3/11 (WI), 9/4/11 (WI), 7/19/13 (IL), 10/18/13 (NY), 10/19/13 (NY), 10/3/14 (MO), 9/23/15 (NY), 9/26/15 (NY), 5/1/16 (NY), 5/2/16 (NY), 8/5/16 (MA), 8/22/16 (IL), 4/7/17 (NY), 6/18/18 (UK), 8/20/18 (IL), 9/2/18 (MA), 9/4/18 (MA), 9/18/21 (NJ), 9/26/21 (CA), 10/1/21 (CA), 10/2/21 (CA), 9/10/22 (NY), 9/11/22 (NY), 9/14/22 (NJ), 9/16/22 (TN), 9/22/22 (CO), 8/31/23 (MN), 9/2/23 (MN), 9/5/23 (IL), 9/7/23 (IL), 5/16/24 (NV), 5/18/24 (NV), 5/28/24 (WA), 5/30/24 (WA), 8/29/24 (IL), 8/31/24 (IL), 9/3/24 (NY), 9/4/24 (NY), 9/7/24 (PA), 9/12/24 (MD)
  • My Visa..is TD Bank..I called them to take me off the fraud list for Ticketmaster and balt hotels... Because I always get flagged
  • danlee1095danlee1095 Posts: 1,192
    MF117973 said:
    How many of you play the game “I’m only going to do this until the next captcha come up”?
    I tell myself I'm going to play that and inevitably keep F5'ing until my boss yells at me and tells me I'm insane.
    9/8/98 (NJ), 9/10/98 (NY), 8/23/00 (NY), 8/24/00 (NY), 8/25/00 (NY), 4/30/03 (NY), 7/8/03 (NY), 7/9/03 (NY), 5/12/06 (NY), 6/1/06 (NJ), 6/3/06 (NJ), 8/5/07 (IL), 6/22/08 (DC), 6/24/08 (NY), 6/25/08 (NY), 7/1/08 (NY), 10/4/09 (TX ), 10/30/09 (PA), 5/20/10 (NY), 5/21/10 (NY), 9/3/11 (WI), 9/4/11 (WI), 7/19/13 (IL), 10/18/13 (NY), 10/19/13 (NY), 10/3/14 (MO), 9/23/15 (NY), 9/26/15 (NY), 5/1/16 (NY), 5/2/16 (NY), 8/5/16 (MA), 8/22/16 (IL), 4/7/17 (NY), 6/18/18 (UK), 8/20/18 (IL), 9/2/18 (MA), 9/4/18 (MA), 9/18/21 (NJ), 9/26/21 (CA), 10/1/21 (CA), 10/2/21 (CA), 9/10/22 (NY), 9/11/22 (NY), 9/14/22 (NJ), 9/16/22 (TN), 9/22/22 (CO), 8/31/23 (MN), 9/2/23 (MN), 9/5/23 (IL), 9/7/23 (IL), 5/16/24 (NV), 5/18/24 (NV), 5/28/24 (WA), 5/30/24 (WA), 8/29/24 (IL), 8/31/24 (IL), 9/3/24 (NY), 9/4/24 (NY), 9/7/24 (PA), 9/12/24 (MD)
  • You can call your bank to do that, but be cautious of being removed from it completely. Usually the banks can opt you out for 24-48 hours. While it’s inconvenient for this particular purchase, you’d be surprised how much fraud that feature actually prevents. Also, don’t be surprised if the people you talk to are suspicious when you ask them to remove that functionality. The vast majority of people requesting it to be removed are up to no good.
  • JadlerJadler Posts: 757
    So aside from our self induced ticket bonanza this morning there really hasn’t been a Baltimore drop since 3AM right? We are due. 
  • Jadler said:
    So aside from our self induced ticket bonanza this morning there really hasn’t been a Baltimore drop since 3AM right? We are due. 
    I haven't seen anything yet either.
  • there was a 319 corner solo ticket for Baltimore
  • JadlerJadler Posts: 757
    Ah yes! Forgot that. Good call.