Fan-to-Fan Ticket Exchange for Dummies

Comments

• BagCzechBagCzech Posts: 463

Does anyone that still doesn't have a ticket, have their hotel room(s) booked and they are planning on going down to the show for pre-parties etc... even if they still do not have a ticket the day of? I'm holding out hope that like others have said, closer to show day more tickets will drop and this insanity can stop.
    I do. Planning to make a weekend out of it. Concert Saturday. Yanks game Sunday. 
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,989
    Every time I try to complete payment it pops up a box processing an AMEX safeguard. I feel like those precious seconds cause me to lose tickets. Does that happen for all credit cards?
    That has never happened to me. If you have a visa (MC may work too, but my Wells Fargo CC is visa), switch and save your payment method with that card. Copy your CVV and paste fast once you see that box to do so. 
  • duffmannduffmann Posts: 475
    Opinions wanted for Baltimore seating   - what would be better, 307 row L - basically looking right down on top of the stage, or 319 row K, better view of stage but from way back in the corner?
    307 is my vote. I'll be grabbin for that 319.....
    Philly PA 91, Philly 92, Camden 98, Camden 2X 00, State College, Philly, Camden 2X & Hershey 03, Reading 04, AC 2X & Philly 05, Camden 2X 06, Camden 2X 08, Philly 4X 09, Philly 2X & Balt 13, Natti & Moline 14, FTL & MIA, Philly 2X, MSG 2X, Fenway 2X 16, Seattle 2X, Missoula, Wrigley 2X, Fenway 2X 18                               ******COVID******
    San Diego & LA  2X, PHX, MSG, Camden, Nashville, 50th SHOW STL 22, CHI(n2), INDY, FTW(n2), Austin 2X 23......
  • I saw that single.  I need a pair but I went through the process.  One question for the F5 team.  If you get the

We're sorry, we're unable to process your request. Please try again.

should you hit the back button and try again or are the tickets gone?
    Almost definitely gone
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Opinions wanted for Baltimore seating   - what would be better, 307 row L - basically looking right down on top of the stage, or 319 row K, better view of stage but from way back in the corner?
    https://aviewfrommyseat.com/photo/70244/Royal+Farms+Arena/section-307/row-K/seat-10/

Here is 307, can't find a 319
  • Every time I try to complete payment it pops up a box processing an AMEX safeguard. I feel like those precious seconds cause me to lose tickets. Does that happen for all credit cards?
    That has never happened to me. If you have a visa (MC may work too, but my Wells Fargo CC is visa), switch and save your payment method with that card. Copy your CVV and paste fast once you see that box to do so. 
    I only have mastercard and amex cards. The mastercard was doing the same thing so I switched to amex. Dammit
  • BagCzech said:

Does anyone that still doesn't have a ticket, have their hotel room(s) booked and they are planning on going down to the show for pre-parties etc... even if they still do not have a ticket the day of? I'm holding out hope that like others have said, closer to show day more tickets will drop and this insanity can stop.
    I do. Planning to make a weekend out of it. Concert Saturday. Yanks game Sunday. 

I'm close enough, I can drive down an drive home (sad) if  I dont score a ticket.

• Opinions wanted for Baltimore seating   - what would be better, 307 row L - basically looking right down on top of the stage, or 319 row K, better view of stage but from way back in the corner?
    https://aviewfrommyseat.com/photo/70244/Royal+Farms+Arena/section-307/row-K/seat-10/

Here is 307, can't find a 319
    I saw that also..  I guess when people sit so far away they dont bother with pictures - LOL.
    Every time I try to complete payment it pops up a box processing an AMEX safeguard. I feel like those precious seconds cause me to lose tickets. Does that happen for all credit cards?
    I only have mastercard and amex cards. The mastercard was doing the same thing so I switched to amex. Dammit
    I wonder if there is a way to disable that feature.
  • Just listed one Ottawa ticket in section 222.   
    Gone.  That was fast.
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818
    Interesting.  I’m using Amex too and get that screen.  I assumed everyone got that.  I’ll try my visa next time.  
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2
  • BagCzech said:

I’m thinking since hotels are booked for Baltimore and MSG I’m going down anyway with or without ticket. One part of me thinks it’ll still be fun hanging with the fans but the other thinks how bad it will suck when the doors open with no ticket.
    Make sure the fortune that you seek
    Is the fortune that you need

• ZodZod Posts: 10,501
    I hope they tweek this process for the next tour.  Like be able to transfer to who u want and have tm process the payment for whoever
    I think this was already thought out. If you could transfer tickets to a specific person you could ask for addition compensation on the side before transferring them.  Only being able to anonymously buy/sell them keeps them at face.
    Interesting.  I’m using Amex too and get that screen.  I assumed everyone got that.  I’ll try my visa next time.  
    I had that issue day 1 with my AMEX and switched immediately to my VISA and never had the issue again. 
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,888
    edited February 2020
    Suefire said:
    SHZA got both tickets (congrats!) , so does that mean SHZA  just has a faster connection than the rest of you?  Or faster fingers?  With my verizon Fios and computer, I am able to F5 approximately 35-38 times per minute.  I think that's pretty fast.

So if the chance to win tickets onTM is dependent on connection speed, it seems to me that the hat idea might make give everyone more of an equal chance for redistributing tickets amongst ourselves, if needed.  Also we ensure no one else gets them.  

But putting them back on TM does make it easier in terms of possession of the tickets, entry, etc.

So anyway, just thinking out loud....wondering what I will do if I upgrade and have a couple to redistribute.  May not happen, as I'm down to about 1hr per day F5ing.
    I don't think my connection is particularly fast. Seems to me refreshing at exactly the right time is more important than refreshing rapidly, if that makes sense. Which basically comes down to luck. I did practice a few times on OKC etc to be able to get through the screens quickly. I still stumbled a bit on the insurance question but luckily got 'em. 

• Does anyone that still doesn't have a ticket, have their hotel room(s) booked and they are planning on going down to the show for pre-parties etc... even if they still do not have a ticket the day of? I'm holding out hope that like others have said, closer to show day more tickets will drop and this insanity can stop.
    I have a  hotel reservation but no tickets.  I have thought about what to do when it gets closer to the show date.  To go to the show my wife and I have to leave my girls with their grandfather for the weekend.  I had delusions of making the drive to Baltimore and waiting out front the venue in hopes that they release tickets on the day of the show.  But I don't know if they even do that anymore.  It would be terrible to drive all the way down there just to sit outside the venue.  Plus I'd be using up all of my babysitting favors and wouldn't have any left for the Fall.
    Boston (4/10/94), Hartford (10/2/96), Barre (8/22/98), Hartford (9/13/98), Mansfield (9/15/98 + 9/16/98), Mansfield (8/29/00 + 8/30/00), Mansfield (7/2/03 + 7/11/03), Boston (9/28/04), Hartford (5/13/06), Boston (5/24/06 + 5/25/06), Hartford (6/27/08), Mansfield (6/28/08 + 6/30/08), Philadelphia (10/31/09), Hartford (5/15/10), Worcester (10/15/13 + 10/16/13), Hartford (10/25/13), New York (5/1/16), Boston (8/5/16 + 8/7/16), Boston (9/2/18 + 9/4/18)
  • stanudesstanudes Posts: 117
    edited February 2020
    Should absolutely go to Baltimore. 
    The Wishlist party is supposed to be epic. One of the biggest ever! They have ALL of Power Plant LIVE! And tickets will absolutely be popping up on day of when people can’t go for whatever reason. 
    Post edited by stanudes on
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,501
    What's the best method to avoid the infinite sit tight message?  Is this from toggling between the lowest/best price and it not doing a new captch?  If I constantly refresh I maybe get asked once every 8 minutes for captcha, but if I'm slower at it it seems every time I go to do the next one.
  • duffmannduffmann Posts: 475

I'm all in..... Friday thru Sunday
    Philly PA 91, Philly 92, Camden 98, Camden 2X 00, State College, Philly, Camden 2X & Hershey 03, Reading 04, AC 2X & Philly 05, Camden 2X 06, Camden 2X 08, Philly 4X 09, Philly 2X & Balt 13, Natti & Moline 14, FTL & MIA, Philly 2X, MSG 2X, Fenway 2X 16, Seattle 2X, Missoula, Wrigley 2X, Fenway 2X 18                               ******COVID******
    San Diego & LA  2X, PHX, MSG, Camden, Nashville, 50th SHOW STL 22, CHI(n2), INDY, FTW(n2), Austin 2X 23......
  • Every time I try to complete payment it pops up a box processing an AMEX safeguard. I feel like those precious seconds cause me to lose tickets. Does that happen for all credit cards?
    I had that issue day 1 with my AMEX and switched immediately to my VISA and never had the issue again. 
    Looks like I'm applying for a new credit card!!
  • 1- Behind stage is up for TN
  • stanudes said:
    Should absolutely go to Baltimore. 
    The Wishlist party is supposed to be epic. One of the biggest ever! They have ALL of Powrr Plant LIVE! And tickets will absolutely be popping up on day of when people can’t go for whatever reason. 
    That’s what I’m thinking. It could still be a fun night with or without tickets. 
    Make sure the fortune that you seek
    Is the fortune that you need

• You need to use another card other than Amex. I even called Amex and there is no way to defeat that. So much the official card of Ticketbastard. 

8/12/92-Stanhope NJ
    9/8/98-E.Rutherford NJ
    9/10/98-New York, NY
    9/11/98-New York, NY
    8/12/2000-Tampa, FL
    8/23-25/2000- Wantagh, NY
    10/5/2000-Tornoto, Canada
    4/30/03-Uniondale, NY
    5/3/03-State College, PA
    7/8-9/03-New York, NY
    7/14/03-Holmdel, NJ
    10/3/05-Philadelphia, PA
    6/1-3/06-E.Rutherford, NJ
    6/24-25/08-New York, NY
    10/30/09-Philadelphia, PA
    5/18/10-Newark, NJ
    5/20-21/10-New York, NY
    10/18/13-Brooklyn, NY
    10/25/13-Hartford, CT
    9/26/15-New York, NY
    4/8/16-Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    4/9/16-Miami, FL
    5/1-2/16-New York, NY
    9/2/18-Boston, MA
    9/11/22-New York, NY
    9/14/22-Camden, NJ

• MakeUSmileMakeUSmile Posts: 1,128
    Steve G said:
    You need to use another card other than Amex. I even called Amex and there is no way to defeat that. So much the official card of Ticketbastard. 

So should I go with visa or MC? 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Steve G said:
    You need to use another card other than Amex. I even called Amex and there is no way to defeat that. So much the official card of Ticketbastard. 

I think I might be having the same thing happen with my Chase Visa. Does anyone else have this issue with the box popping up/spinning dials as your card is processing?
  • I hope they tweek this process for the next tour.  Like be able to transfer to who u want and have tm process the payment for whoever
    That would be awesome, but I don't see that happening for the fall leg (if it holds). Although frustrating, I think TM and 10c will view this as a success keeping the tickets out of the hands of scalpers. I think if they make that tweak, or any tweak, it won't be until 2021 tour or later, unfortunately. 

It's going to be interesting if they play Philly.  Wells Fargo center is a comcast tickets venue. This show may be an exception or this could point to them playing the Citizens Bank Ball Park.
    I wonder if that pushes them to play Camden instead of Philly. 
    Way tooooo small a place ..Camden sound sucks 😭😭😭
  • RF123172RF123172 Posts: 110

I have a reservation in Baltimore in a hotel across the street.  I'm not a big gambler and will not travel without a concert ticket.  I think that means I need to cancel 48 hours in advance.  If I do, I will post here right before I cancel in case anyone wants to grab it.
  • I have a Visa and a Discover in there now haven't seen that additional step since. Unfortunately you'll have to try and see when the next opportunity comes. Did I mention how much I miss stubhub?
    8/12/92-Stanhope NJ
    9/8/98-E.Rutherford NJ
    9/10/98-New York, NY
    9/11/98-New York, NY
    8/12/2000-Tampa, FL
    8/23-25/2000- Wantagh, NY
    10/5/2000-Tornoto, Canada
    4/30/03-Uniondale, NY
    5/3/03-State College, PA
    7/8-9/03-New York, NY
    7/14/03-Holmdel, NJ
    10/3/05-Philadelphia, PA
    6/1-3/06-E.Rutherford, NJ
    6/24-25/08-New York, NY
    10/30/09-Philadelphia, PA
    5/18/10-Newark, NJ
    5/20-21/10-New York, NY
    10/18/13-Brooklyn, NY
    10/25/13-Hartford, CT
    9/26/15-New York, NY
    4/8/16-Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    4/9/16-Miami, FL
    5/1-2/16-New York, NY
    9/2/18-Boston, MA
    9/11/22-New York, NY
    9/14/22-Camden, NJ

• SHZASHZA Posts: 3,888
    Steve G said:

I think I might be having the same thing happen with my Chase Visa. Does anyone else have this issue with the box popping up/spinning dials as your card is processing?
    I've used two Chase Visas without either getting the box. Citi Mastercard was getting it so I removed it. 
  • I've never been so happy that my wife had a credit card to Banana Republic!!!! VISA BABY!!