Options

Fan-to-Fan Ticket Exchange for Dummies

Comments

• Options
    Evel KEvel K Posts: 520
    PM16037 said:
    joseph33 said:
    Is the event page on Ticketmaster,different in mobile than desktop?
    yes much smaller
    What if I have a mobile app opened on a tablet? A little bigger but not enough to notice at first glance?
    Things were different then
  • Options
    ApecarroApecarro Posts: 118
    tdawe said:
    ALeino said:
    So maybe I'm confused but why is everyone acting like this a one-thing happening today? For a fan to fan exchange ticket(s) to come available they have to be offered by the person that won the lotto for them in the first place. So are the small number of people who won the lotto and now cannot attend going to be clicking and refreshing dying to get them listed for face value today?
    You're not confused, but I actually don't think most of the people who are anxiously awaiting the exchange launch are really confused either. They're just desperate and hoping that something miraculous will happen for them. 

• Options
    Unless there are a bunch of people refreshing so they can sell, the people wanting to buy are wasting their time. There will be no tickets available yet when this goes live.
  • Options
    Unless there are a bunch of people refreshing so they can sell, the people wanting to buy are wasting their time. There will be no tickets available yet when this goes live.
    post to sell _  tickets posted_  buyer refreshes_  acquires tickets....
  • Options
    Not true - I have 2 tickets for Nashville that I am selling - been checking all day to do so.  Still not able to sell - will check back when sell button goes live.
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    tdawe said:
    ALeino said:
    So maybe I'm confused but why is everyone acting like this a one-thing happening today? For a fan to fan exchange ticket(s) to come available they have to be offered by the person that won the lotto for them in the first place. So are the small number of people who won the lotto and now cannot attend going to be clicking and refreshing dying to get them listed for face value today?
    You're not confused, but I actually don't think most of the people who are anxiously awaiting the exchange launch are really confused either. They're just desperate and hoping that something miraculous will happen for them. 
    What % of fans that "need to go" will be furiously hitting refresh at 4PM (assuming that's when this opens up) and the 1st wave of any listings are posted?  Maybe 15%-20% at most?

The world is full of idiots, bullshit artists, and lazy fucks.  

After today the odds of checking the page and seeing any tickets is incredibly long.  Today is the best shot for anyone that is really, truly seriously dying to figure out a way in for some of these shows until the final countdown starts and last minute cancellations need to sell their seats.

That's why people are all antsy in their pantsy.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,410
    If I was looking for tickets, I would hit this thing as hard as I could for the first 48 hours from when it opens. No, there won't be a bunch of stock immediately, but my guess is a hell of a lot more will pop up in the first 2 days than at any other point until it gets closer to the show. 
  • Options
    PM16037PM16037 Ballston Spa, NY Posts: 1,153
    Evel K said:
    PM16037 said:
    joseph33 said:
    Is the event page on Ticketmaster,different in mobile than desktop?
    yes much smaller
    What if I have a mobile app opened on a tablet? A little bigger but not enough to notice at first glance?
    Maybe a little bigger than a smartphone, but smaller than a desktop.
    murdochanson @ expressobeans.com
    MurdocHanson @ Discogs.com
    Murdoc_Hanson @ collectionzz.com
    Mansfield, Massachusetts (September 16, 1998) / Saratoga Springs, New York (August 27, 2000) / Albany, New York (April 29, 2003) / Mansfield, Massachusetts (July 02, 2003) / Mansfield, Massachusetts (July 03, 2003) / Boston, Massachusetts (September 28, 2004) / Boston, Massachusetts (September 29, 2004) / Kitchener, Ontario (September 11, 2005) / London, Ontario (September 12, 2005) / Hamilton, Ontario (September 13, 2005) / Albany, New York (May 12, 2006) / Hartford, CT (May 15, 2010) / Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013) / Worcester, MA (October 15, 2013) / Worcester, MA (October 16, 2013) / Brooklyn, NY (October 19, 2013) / Boston 1 (August 05, 2016) / Boston 2 (August 07, 2016) / MSG, NY (September 11, 2022)
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,227
    epbadger said:
    WW187806 said:
    Thank you "Lerxst1992 " for reminding me that the Forum is not for the average fan, but for a bunch of stuck up know it alls who wait in line for and buy 15 posters, instead of just one (you know share) so that others could purchase one. Then Lerxst1992  will tell me theres no rules against it. Its called common decency sir. Theres no really for the last line in your correspondence "dayyum that was a toughy" screw you. who made you a god. yes you've posted thousands of times, but its probably all bullshit. you dont feel the songs. you just like to type of the fan board and think your special. you and all those like you with the smart remarks can go to hell! seriously go to f'in hell. 

You took a perceived swipe at fans wanting to be spoon fed and I said all they needed to do was put a simple message on the event page. My sarcasm was at the event page, not you. Sorry for not being clear about that.

"attention fans, beginning on Feb 18, when you view the EVENT PAGE, there will be a LINK to purchase face value exchange tickets as they become available”"
    did you get posters yet???

The irony is I dont own one single concert poster.

Good luck everyone on the exchange!
  • Options
    People aren't dying to sell as soon as possible is my point.
  • Options
    I'll be posting two tickets for Phoenix in sec 122 as soon as it goes live. I think a lot of people have been waiting to unload their tickets that they don't need.
  • Options
    TW150753TW150753 Posts: 159
    There should be a 10C member ticket exchange...
  • Options
    is anyone posting tickets for Oak night 1 for GA? should i even waste my time refreshing?
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,010
    TW150753 said:
    There should be a 10C member ticket exchange...
    Yeah. I suspect TM didn't want to put up with any of this and the band had to push hard to get what they got, but it would be nice to have the 10C tickets stay in the family.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,410
    I don't agree with this. I think a lot of people have extra pairs from various situations. Ticket buddies both hit, didn't know 10C seat location so also bought in VF, etc. People who know they have extras to ditch. If I were them, especially if the seats aren't great, I'd want them up there pronto hoping they get snapped up in the frenzy. 
  • Options
    If you have extras you don't need and know this the only way to unload them why WOULDN'T you post them today?

People are gonna want to be reimbursed ASAP for the tickets they don't need or want.
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    I don't agree with this. I think a lot of people have extra pairs from various situations. Ticket buddies both hit, didn't know 10C seat location so also bought in VF, etc. People who know they have extras to ditch. If I were them, especially if the seats aren't great, I'd want them up there pronto hoping they get snapped up in the frenzy. 
    I think that for the vast majority of tickets out there, you'll have no problem selling them on the exchange no matter where the seats are or when you post them. But that's really neither here nor there, because what's important here is how many people would be out there who believe that they need to post their tickets the absolute moment the exchange opens. I'm not doubting that there might be some people out there who are anxiously refreshing their TM account page waiting for the "SELL" button to light up, but my guess is that they are pretty few in number. 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,996
    Saltzy23 said:
    If you have extras you don't need and know this the only way to unload them why WOULDN'T you post them today?

People are gonna want to be reimbursed ASAP for the tickets they don't need or want.
    People who know for sure they need to unload extras may list them today, but there are probably plenty of people who don't know for sure. These shows are still at least a month away. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:

No doubt. What I've been trying to drive at all day is that there's a desperation gap between the buyers and the sellers that's going to cause some peoples' expectations to be shattered in the early goings on the exchange. For buyers here, ASAP means a matter of minutes or even seconds. For sellers, it's "I'll try to remember to do that before I go to bed, if not I'll take care of it in the morning." Buyers are going to be attacking this at 4 pm (or whenever) as if it's a regular TM on-sale (and I don't blame anyone for doing this; I'll be doing it too) and they're going to find nothing there, because even the most motivated of sellers is not operating on the same furious time scale.
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    Saltzy23 said:

No doubt. What I've been trying to drive at all day is that there's a desperation gap between the buyers and the sellers that's going to cause some peoples' expectations to be shattered in the early goings on the exchange. For buyers here, ASAP means a matter of minutes or even seconds. For sellers, it's "I'll try to remember to do that before I go to bed, if not I'll take care of it in the morning." Buyers are going to be attacking this at 4 pm (or whenever) as if it's a regular TM on-sale (and I don't blame anyone for doing this; I'll be doing it too) and they're going to find nothing there, because even the most motivated of sellers is not operating on the same furious time scale.
    Zactly
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,222
    40 minutes to go until more disappointment.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    100 minutes to go until the next song of the week window opens.
  • Options
    JadlerJadler Posts: 706
    tdawe said:
    100 minutes to go until the next song of the week window opens.
    Double the disappointment :-)
  • Options
    tusevuntusevun Posts: 220
    Not true - I have 2 tickets for Nashville that I am selling - been checking all day to do so.  Still not able to sell - will check back when sell button goes live.
    What section?
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:
    Unless you're selling something behind the stage in QC, OTT, OKC or OAK, it will sell and sell quickly. There's really no urgency to post. The point is, maybe it won't happen for people today but they should keep checking.
  • Options
    My 2 in Nashville are in 306
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    tdawe said:
    Saltzy23 said:

How about this for a mutual agreed understanding on how we both feel this is gonna play out.

The line graph of available tickets on this exchange is a long 6 week long 'U'.

Slightly higher on either end, but never very high at any point.

If hunting today gives me a 5% better shot than a week from now, then I plan on trying to squeeze as much chance at getting in from that 5% extra as humanly possible.

I've found in my years that the +5% shots in life seem to reward the determined people at a rate that always seems higher than the 5%.
    Post edited by Saltzy23 on
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,003
    To be honest, I feel your best odds will probably be at times like 5am local time due to lesser competition for tickets at that hour, and the hope that between 1am-5am people would have listed tickets not yet snatched. Sure, fewer tickets will be listed during those hours, but you'd presumably have an outsized opportunity compared to normal human hours in that timezone. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    epbadgerepbadger The Bronx, NY Posts: 656
    epbadger said:
    WW187806 said:
    Thank you "Lerxst1992 " for reminding me that the Forum is not for the average fan, but for a bunch of stuck up know it alls who wait in line for and buy 15 posters, instead of just one (you know share) so that others could purchase one. Then Lerxst1992  will tell me theres no rules against it. Its called common decency sir. Theres no really for the last line in your correspondence "dayyum that was a toughy" screw you. who made you a god. yes you've posted thousands of times, but its probably all bullshit. you dont feel the songs. you just like to type of the fan board and think your special. you and all those like you with the smart remarks can go to hell! seriously go to f'in hell. 

You took a perceived swipe at fans wanting to be spoon fed and I said all they needed to do was put a simple message on the event page. My sarcasm was at the event page, not you. Sorry for not being clear about that.

"attention fans, beginning on Feb 18, when you view the EVENT PAGE, there will be a LINK to purchase face value exchange tickets as they become available”"
    did you get posters yet???

The irony is I dont own one single concert poster.

Good luck everyone on the exchange!

Yes... was just making light of you being attacked by someone who doesn't like to be attacked. and all along said attackee was not being attacked at all.
  • Options
    Also, I have changed my mind about TM sending out emails on how this will all work 180 degrees.

Please continue NOT sending out any emails on how this is gonna work or when it will go live to the masses Ticketmaster.

Please and thanks...