Fan-to-Fan Ticket Exchange for Dummies

Comments

• SHZASHZA Posts: 3,891
    tdawe said:
    pjl44 said:
    Unless there are a bunch of people refreshing so they can sell, the people wanting to buy are wasting their time. There will be no tickets available yet when this goes live.
    post to sell _  tickets posted_  buyer refreshes_  acquires tickets....
    People aren't dying to sell as soon as possible is my point.
    I don't agree with this. I think a lot of people have extra pairs from various situations. Ticket buddies both hit, didn't know 10C seat location so also bought in VF, etc. People who know they have extras to ditch. If I were them, especially if the seats aren't great, I'd want them up there pronto hoping they get snapped up in the frenzy. 
    I think that for the vast majority of tickets out there, you'll have no problem selling them on the exchange no matter where the seats are or when you post them. But that's really neither here nor there, because what's important here is how many people would be out there who believe that they need to post their tickets the absolute moment the exchange opens. I'm not doubting that there might be some people out there who are anxiously refreshing their TM account page waiting for the "SELL" button to light up, but my guess is that they are pretty few in number. 
    "I think this," "I think that," "I disagree with this ..." It's all rank speculation at this point. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    Guys you have to have some patience. Stay off the ticketmaster website for the next 24 hours so they can do their thing.  i'll volunteer myself to monitor the website (especially msg) and will report back to you once tickets are up.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,425
    edited February 2020
    mcgruff10 said:
    Guys you have to have some patience. Stay off the ticketmaster website for the next 24 hours so they can do their thing.  i'll volunteer myself to monitor the website (especially msg) and will report back to you once tickets are up.  
    A gentleman and a scholar! 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • mcgruff10 said:
    Wonderful. I will do the same for Nashville.
    '96: Toronto / '00: Toronto, Montreal / '03: Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal, NYC I & II, Hershey / '04: Toledo, Grand Rapids / '05: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto / '06: Toronto I & II / '07: Chicago (The Vic), Lolla / '09: Toronto / '11: PJ20 I & II, Montreal, Toronto I & II / '13: London ON, Wrigley, Buffalo, Brooklyn I & II / '16: Toronto I & II, Fenway I & II / '18: London UK I, Wrigley I & II, Fenway I
  • mcgruff10 said:
    I'll take STL duty
    Looks like a link to sell on the main St. Louis page, but not Baltimore (on upper right)
    https://www1.ticketmaster.com/pearl-jam-st-louis-missouri-04-04-2020/event/06005795AE6F4072
    When you click through to the "My Events" it doesn't actually let you list them. 
  • JadlerJadler Posts: 761
    The real question is how am I going to call Sirius over and over again while refreshing the TM App every 2 seconds all at the same time? What a rush that’s going to be. 
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,350
    This is goddamn pathetic.

Honestly, if this was for anything else on Planet Earth I would have just said fuck it already.

They have had a MONTH to get this sorted out.  I don't care that there won't be an avalanche of tickets available.  I don't care that it's gonna be a long shot to be the 1st person to snag a ticket before someone else does.

A MONTH ago they announced this was gonna be up and running today.  It is LITERALLY the only way to buy tickets, all because this is how they all decided this was gonna go.

It is goddamn ridiculous that we are sitting here @ 4:30PM on the day this was supposed to go live and no one has a fucking clue what the deal is.

Get it figured the fuck out already.

'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    SHZA said:
    Looks like a link to sell on the main St. Louis page, but not Baltimore (on upper right)
    https://www1.ticketmaster.com/pearl-jam-st-louis-missouri-04-04-2020/event/06005795AE6F4072
    When you click through to the "My Events" it doesn't actually let you list them. 
    are you selling for STL?
  • I’m going to rest my eyes. Let me know when everybody is done.  I’ll take the 200 section for MSG the rest of you can have floor seats since I’m feeling generous today. 
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,807
    edited February 2020
    I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed with the number of tickets listed

Everyone who has MSG, STL and Baltimore tickets got them from their first priority 

Very few People are going to be selling.  It’s not gonna be some magical thing where there’s tickets popping up left and right.

Someone actually has to have a ticket they want to sell, which is what some people are forgetting.  
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • SHZA said:
    but you can get parking! 
  • euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    mcgruff10 said:
    See a few people mentioning they have Nashville for sale...so good luck!
  • I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed with the number of tickets listed

Everyone who has MSG, STL and Baltimore tickets got them from their first priority 

Very few People are going to be selling.  It’s not gonna be some magical thing where there’s tickets popping up left and right.

Someone actually has to have a ticket they want to sell, which is what some people are forgetting.  
    There are definitely people who got 10C tickets for a show and then got TM tickets for the same show and will now be selling some of them.
    '96: Toronto / '00: Toronto, Montreal / '03: Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal, NYC I & II, Hershey / '04: Toledo, Grand Rapids / '05: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto / '06: Toronto I & II / '07: Chicago (The Vic), Lolla / '09: Toronto / '11: PJ20 I & II, Montreal, Toronto I & II / '13: London ON, Wrigley, Buffalo, Brooklyn I & II / '16: Toronto I & II, Fenway I & II / '18: London UK I, Wrigley I & II, Fenway I
  • RF123172RF123172 Posts: 110
    Why does everyone keep mentioning MSG? I thought MSG was not part of this because you can transfer tickets in New York.  Does anyone know for sure?
  • TenakaTenaka Posts: 96
    Saltzy23 said:

Honestly, if this was for anything else on Planet Earth I would have just said fuck it already.

They have had a MONTH to get this sorted out.  I don't care that there won't be an avalanche of tickets available.  I don't care that it's gonna be a long shot to be the 1st person to snag a ticket before someone else does.

A MONTH ago they announced this was gonna be up and running today.  It is LITERALLY the only way to buy tickets, all because this is how they all decided this was gonna go.

It is goddamn ridiculous that we are sitting here @ 4:30PM on the day this was supposed to go live and no one has a fucking clue what the deal is.

lol While I agree they need to get their shit together, it's just not that easy to add a feature like this. I'm an web developer (DevOps Engineer to be specific) and a month is not a long time. I'm hoping they've been working on it for at least 6 months. Who knows when the Fan-to-Fan exchange concept was brought up in discussions.
    2018 Wrigley 1
    2020 Ottawa / Quebec
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,807
    I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed with the number of tickets listed

There are definitely people who got 10C tickets for a show and then got TM tickets for the same show and will now be selling some of them.
    Yes, but that number will be significantly lower than the hundreds of people refreshing the page 24/7 hoping to get lucky
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • branscopbranscop Posts: 1,183
    RF123172 said:
    Why does everyone keep mentioning MSG? I thought MSG was not part of this because you can transfer tickets in New York.  Does anyone know for sure?
    I’m thinking if people want to sell MSG for face they can use the fan exchange. If they want to sell them on stubhub they could choose to do that. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    A gentleman and a scholar! 
    Anything for the jamily
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • FlameryFlamery Posts: 258
    Tenaka said:
    Saltzy23 said:

lol While I agree they need to get their shit together, it's just not that easy to add a feature like this. I'm an web developer (DevOps Engineer to be specific) and a month is not a long time. I'm hoping they've been working on it for at least 6 months. Who knows when the Fan-to-Fan exchange concept was brought up in discussions.
    I mean, it seems like an extension of their fan to fan sports marketplace. I don’t think a company like tm deserves the benefit of the doubt, especially when their entire business is focused around selling tickets. Should be the thing they’re good at?
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    Saltzy, man cut your losses and just eat the non refundable hotel room. Go have a fun weekend in Baltimore. Maybe you can get a ticket day of. It’s not worth all this anger.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
    edited February 2020

There are numerous people in the FB Baltimore group saying that they wanna post their tickets, but cannot yet.

This is fuuuuuuucked.
    Post edited by Saltzy23 on
  • Who says they don't have it all set up and working? Why does TM have to roll it out at a certain time to make a few PJ fans stop freaking out? No on NEEDS to sell their tickets right this second....

• My neck and shoulder are killing me
    Tenaka said:
    Saltzy23 said:

Hey....then maybe not have this be the only way for people to sell their tickets.
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,020
    edited February 2020
    Also, isn't TM headquarters on the west coast?  It's only 1:30 out there.  It's quite possible this isn't up and running until tonight (EST).  
    jmug23 said:
    SHZA said:
    are you selling for STL?
    Just testing for now, but I will if I find something better
  • TenakaTenaka Posts: 96
    Who says they don't have it all set up and working? Why does TM have to roll it out at a certain time to make a few PJ fans stop freaking out? No on NEEDS to sell their tickets right this second....

I've been sitting here at work all day refreshing the page like most people here.

But from an IT standpoint, I have to assume they are just finalizing some things (server stuff). They have millions of hits per day, and with all the excitement over Fan-to-Fan exchange, they are getting more hits then usual and there will be even more when the feature is enabled. Not to mention the amount of server load posting the tickets up for sale, and people buying them.

Sorry to totally nerd out in this post, I was going to avoid it but I'm hoping this gives people some perspective.
    2018 Wrigley 1
    2020 Ottawa / Quebec
  • epbadgerepbadger Posts: 663
    Hate to say this but I want scalping back
  • RF123172RF123172 Posts: 110
    This is not a new concept for TM to develop.  They have had fan to fan sales for years.  The only difference on this is they sell for ticket price with no profit.  It is a modification.