Fan-to-Fan Ticket Exchange for Dummies

Comments

• wall232wall232 Posts: 1,346
    Maybe restart your phones to refresh everything. I do this to my phone every couple of days, the TM app is working pretty good on mine. Of course I still can't get any Nashville tickets. lol

NYPJ
  • chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,469
    Surprised there has been so little SD talk.  Those tickets seem rarer than Baltimore.  I suppose the demand much lower as well, but the supply is minimal.

Ive only seen two drops the last 48 hours
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • wall232 said:
    Maybe restart your phones to refresh everything. I do this to my phone every couple of days, the TM app is working pretty good on mine. Of course I still can't get any Nashville tickets. lol

But thats when tickets show up....

• steven87steven87 Posts: 1,439
    I’m not a big poster here, but figured I’d share a few tips for those of you still looking for Baltimore to try to help out some fellow fans (or as my wife refers to us, “total nutcases”):
    1. If you’re using a computer (as opposed to the mobile app), I’d suggest using Chrome since it’s faster than most other browsers. 
    2. If you’ve developed carpal tunnel syndrome from refreshing nonstop for the past 7 days straight (like I have), try using Super Auto Refresh Plus to give your fingers a much needed break. 
    3. The mobile app may be slightly faster than a computer since there are less captchas, it’s more streamlined, and you don’t have to go looking for the various buttons. However, the downside is that you can’t use an auto refresh program. I’d recommend trying both and seeing what you prefer. 
    4. Do a few practice runs on another show with tickets available to make sure you’re able to get through the checkout screens as quickly as possible. Because so many of us crazy people are trying for this (and yes, if you’re reading this thread you qualify as a “crazy person”), you don’t have any time to stop and think or search for the various prompts (e.g. where the “confirm” button is located, where the “decline insurance” button is located) and instead just need to click through as fast as humanly possible without thinking. When I finally succeeded, it probably took me somewhere between 5-10 seconds to get through the various screens. 
    5. THE MOST IMPORTANT TIP (this is how I ultimately scored the ticket)- Once “Got It” appears and you enter the screen where you can see tickets available, if you click on the tickets and get the dreaded “sorry, another fan beat you to these tickets” message, DO NOT exit the screen, click the back button, or hit refresh. Instead, stay on the screen and then (a) keep clicking on the available ticket over and over again until it disappears and the screen says “no tickets are available,” and if that happens, then (b) stay on that screen for at least a few more minutes and keep changing the ticket quantity back and forth (e.g, from 2 to 1). The reason I recommend this is because assuming you lose out on the first ticket, if a new ticket appears while you’re still on the page you will skip the “Got It” prompt, which is exactly what happened to me. That precious second or two can make all the difference. I got all the way to the confirmation screen for the seat in row L, put in my CVV, and then got an error message when I hit submit on the final screen (@eddievedderspants must have beaten me to it- well done! and congrats btw!!!), and got booted back to the ticket selection screen. But then instead of hitting the back button or pressing refresh, I then stayed on that screen and kept clicking on the row L ticket  (getting the “sorry another fan beat you to it” message over and over again), and after a couple of seconds the row L ticket disappeared and the row M ticket appeared and I was able to snag it immediately. If I had had to go back and go through the “Got It” prompt first instead, I probably would not have gotten it. 
    6. Stay positive, positive. But seriously, yes this process is incredibly arduous, but there’s hope. So try as best you can to not get too discouraged. We’re still a whole month away from the show and a lot of people will be putting up tickets for sale between now and then, especially during the week or two before the show. Remember, about 14,000 people are attending this show. At least several hundred of them, if not more, are bound to have things come up between now and the date of the show. So I anticipate that the supply of tickets on F2F will greatly increase over the coming weeks. In addition, it’s a good sign that a month away from the show, we’re already seeing as many drops as we are. It looks like there’s already been 4 or 5 today alone. And it also sounds like the vast majority of drops are ending up in the hands of people on this thread, which is a great sign. 

So in sum, persistence and patience will pay off in the end. This F2F madness may be extremely tedious and painful, but when this is all over, the damage to our hands and our minds is nothing that can’t be repaired through years of intensive physical and/or emotional therapy. On a more serious note, I really, really hope that everyone on this thread is ultimately able to get tickets to the show, and hope to see everyone there! Nothing would make me happier than knowing that as many tickets as possible ended up in the hands of true fans, as opposed to scalpers and bots, and I’m hopeful that that’s what will happen by showtime. Stay positive everyone and best of luck!!!
  • JV275432JV275432 Posts: 137
    I think it's dead, Jim (Star Trek reference)
    So either my job caught on and blocked the site or TM has blocked me for using auto refresh.

NYPJ
  • I'm a longtime die-hard who's looking to keep my MSG streak alive. I caught them there in '03 (made it on the Garden DVD!), '08, '10, and '16. I'm looking for just one ticket for myself for the 3/30 show. Please DM if you can help. Thanks, Peace and Love. 
    1/95 DC 7/95 Chicago Tor Tol Cha 96 AlpV I II Chi St L KC 98 BSB I II 99 Phx Vegas Fresno SBern 00 BSB I II 01 (met ed) Vegas Phx Fargo St. Paul Chicago Alpine V Indy Col Virg Phi I II MSG I II (got on DVD!) 03 Calg 05 Clev Vegas LA I II SBar 06 Lon Dus Cop Nij Bel 07 Phi I II DC MSG I II Har BOS I II 08, LA3/4, SD '09, MSG I II '10, Missoula, London ONT, Wrigley, SD, LA1/2, Portland. Wrigley '16 I and II. 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,424
    Nice tips Steve!
    wall232 said:
    So either my job caught on and blocked the site or TM has blocked me for using auto refresh.

Same here. 
  • FACK!!!
  • TW150753TW150753 Posts: 160
    Balt 213 pair up.  Had em in my cart and wouldn't process...
    And Sec 213 shows up on app for Baltimore.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,415
    PJNB said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJNB said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJNB said:
    Let me get this straight. Upgrading and selling your old tickets for facevalue is a dick move but having scalpers scoop up hundreds of tickets and marking them up substantially is ok just so you can have access to them? Man what a take. 
    well yes upgrading lowers someone's chances of getting tickets in that moment. is this hard to understand?

and i know it's for charity and it's great but those Vitology tickets are far more expensive than any scalper cost i've ever paid.

but hey that's just my take
    Again you are ok with scalpers scooping up tickets so you can have access to them at a premium price. Do you not understand that these scalpers are now lowering the chances of someone else getting tickets in that moment? What do charity tickets have to do with anything we are talking about here?

you can argue the system PJ is using is great because more so called 'real fans' are getting in the building but don't equate that with more people having access. they are limiting access to a select group of people.  No one here has given me a good answer for this one...are you willing to join the fan club of every band you want to see for access to tickets if this becomes the industry standard? because if this PJ model becomes the industry standard your access to tickets is going to be severely restricted.  i don't think this is even up for debate.
    Last thing I comment on since this is so off topic.

My original point is that you think its a dick move to try and upgrade tickets. Your point is it takes away from another fan at that moment even though the person that is upgrading is going to be selling the lesser tickets on the same platform at face value. On the other hand you are ok with people going into the public sale and scalping tickets and selling them at ridiculous prices just so you can have access to them. This scalper is taking away from another fan at that moment as well but you seem to not care about that fan since the results benefit you. 
    does time equal money? so yes if you are lucky enough to get fan-to-fan at face value but how much time have you invested? there are people here who seem to literally be spending 8 hours a day refreshing to try to get the limited face value fan-to-fan tickets.  so yea the idea of me clicking on stub hub a few times taking about 5 minutes and paying a bit extra is worth it TO ME.  and no i don't buy extra of a product when i know others are searching for it.  call me crazy.

• TW150753 said:
    Balt 213 pair up.  Had em in my cart and wouldn't process...
    Got all the way to process credit card and lost them
  • RT85129RT85129 Posts: 179
    edited February 2020
    another Balt 213 pair up. 
    I can't even get onto the Baltimore page from my app. Fucking TM!
    NYPJ
  • I was too late to the 213 Balt first pair I’ve scene I thought I was seeing stuff when I saw the tickets...
  • just missed them
    Little Tremors
    wall232 said:

I think it may be my job. Just tried to use the app and I get the same error when on wifi, but it works on LTE. Guess my days of trying while at work are done.

NYPJ
  • missed again. Damn my work internet. I'm so done.
    8/12/92-Stanhope NJ
    9/8/98-E.Rutherford NJ
    9/10/98-New York, NY
    9/11/98-New York, NY
    8/12/2000-Tampa, FL
    8/23-25/2000- Wantagh, NY
    10/5/2000-Tornoto, Canada
    4/30/03-Uniondale, NY
    5/3/03-State College, PA
    7/8-9/03-New York, NY
    7/14/03-Holmdel, NJ
    10/3/05-Philadelphia, PA
    6/1-3/06-E.Rutherford, NJ
    6/24-25/08-New York, NY
    10/30/09-Philadelphia, PA
    5/18/10-Newark, NJ
    5/20-21/10-New York, NY
    10/18/13-Brooklyn, NY
    10/25/13-Hartford, CT
    9/26/15-New York, NY
    4/8/16-Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    4/9/16-Miami, FL
    5/1-2/16-New York, NY
    9/2/18-Boston, MA
    9/11/22-New York, NY
    9/14/22-Camden, NJ

• given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    Same error here
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Figures.....the drive home from work fucked me!! Knew I should've refreshed while driving
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818
    edited February 2020
    I was refreshing between patients.  As soon as I step in to see her, the pair goes up. 
    Post edited by shetellsherself on
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2
  • epbadgerepbadger Posts: 663
    Damn it missed again
  • steven87steven87 Posts: 1,439
    2 singles in a row. One was row L, one was M.
    I got incredibly lucky and snagged the one in row M. Still in shock and can’t believe I finally got one! Never been so happy to be in the last row in my entire life!

If I'm still in that seat by then, I'll be sure to say hi from 1 row below you.
    Looking forward to it! And congrats!!!
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,888
    Surprised there has been so little SD talk.  Those tickets seem rarer than Baltimore.  I suppose the demand much lower as well, but the supply is minimal.
    I snagged a pair this morning, section B r 20 (lower level opposite from stage). 
  • epbadgerepbadger Posts: 663
    edited February 2020
    So 3 pair for balt in the last few hours. Have not seen 1 GOT EM!!!....dont like that...really like seeing people on here gettin tix  even if it's not me.....Keep fighting my brothers and sisters 
    F5ers for life

• I was too late to the 213 Balt first pair I’ve scene I thought I was seeing stuff when I saw the tickets...
    At least we all lose a second when they appear and we go to a shock 😂
  • JadlerJadler Posts: 758
    Great tips above! Just got out of a 3PM meeting. Can’t believe more have come and gone. Will be at it hard the rest of the day/night. Congrats to whoever landed them!
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,513
    I’m not a big poster here, but figured I’d share a few tips for those of you still looking for Baltimore to try to help out some fellow fans (or as my wife refers to us, “total nutcases”):
    1. If you’re using a computer (as opposed to the mobile app), I’d suggest using Chrome since it’s faster than most other browsers. 
    2. If you’ve developed carpal tunnel syndrome from refreshing nonstop for the past 7 days straight (like I have), try using Super Auto Refresh Plus to give your fingers a much needed break. 
    3. The mobile app may be slightly faster than a computer since there are less captchas, it’s more streamlined, and you don’t have to go looking for the various buttons. However, the downside is that you can’t use an auto refresh program. I’d recommend trying both and seeing what you prefer. 
    4. Do a few practice runs on another show with tickets available to make sure you’re able to get through the checkout screens as quickly as possible. Because so many of us crazy people are trying for this (and yes, if you’re reading this thread you qualify as a “crazy person”), you don’t have any time to stop and think or search for the various prompts (e.g. where the “confirm” button is located, where the “decline insurance” button is located) and instead just need to click through as fast as humanly possible without thinking. When I finally succeeded, it probably took me somewhere between 5-10 seconds to get through the various screens. 
    5. THE MOST IMPORTANT TIP (this is how I ultimately scored the ticket)- Once “Got It” appears and you enter the screen where you can see tickets available, if you click on the tickets and get the dreaded “sorry, another fan beat you to these tickets” message, DO NOT exit the screen, click the back button, or hit refresh. Instead, stay on the screen and then (a) keep clicking on the available ticket over and over again until it disappears and the screen says “no tickets are available,” and if that happens, then (b) stay on that screen for at least a few more minutes and keep changing the ticket quantity back and forth (e.g, from 2 to 1). The reason I recommend this is because assuming you lose out on the first ticket, if a new ticket appears while you’re still on the page you will skip the “Got It” prompt, which is exactly what happened to me. That precious second or two can make all the difference. I got all the way to the confirmation screen for the seat in row L, put in my CVV, and then got an error message when I hit submit on the final screen (@eddievedderspants must have beaten me to it- well done! and congrats btw!!!), and got booted back to the ticket selection screen. But then instead of hitting the back button or pressing refresh, I then stayed on that screen and kept clicking on the row L ticket  (getting the “sorry another fan beat you to it” message over and over again), and after a couple of seconds the row L ticket disappeared and the row M ticket appeared and I was able to snag it immediately. If I had had to go back and go through the “Got It” prompt first instead, I probably would not have gotten it. 
    6. Stay positive, positive. But seriously, yes this process is incredibly arduous, but there’s hope. So try as best you can to not get too discouraged. We’re still a whole month away from the show and a lot of people will be putting up tickets for sale between now and then, especially during the week or two before the show. Remember, about 14,000 people are attending this show. At least several hundred of them, if not more, are bound to have things come up between now and the date of the show. So I anticipate that the supply of tickets on F2F will greatly increase over the coming weeks. In addition, it’s a good sign that a month away from the show, we’re already seeing as many drops as we are. It looks like there’s already been 4 or 5 today alone. And it also sounds like the vast majority of drops are ending up in the hands of people on this thread, which is a great sign. 

So in sum, persistence and patience will pay off in the end. This F2F madness may be extremely tedious and painful, but when this is all over, the damage to our hands and our minds is nothing that can’t be repaired through years of intensive physical and/or emotional therapy. On a more serious note, I really, really hope that everyone on this thread is ultimately able to get tickets to the show, and hope to see everyone there! Nothing would make me happier than knowing that as many tickets as possible ended up in the hands of true fans, as opposed to scalpers and bots, and I’m hopeful that that’s what will happen by showtime. Stay positive everyone and best of luck!!!

Or if your time is worth minimum wage...