Fan-to-Fan Ticket Exchange for Dummies

Comments

• Grrrr
  • BagCzech said:
    I got it!! FInally!  

congrats, now get back in and try to upgrade lol
    Congrats! You must have just beaten me at checkout. The hunt continues!
  • JadlerJadler Posts: 758
    It’s good to see some action. 
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818
    Missed again.  Only need a single for Baltimore 
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2
  • SuefireSuefire Posts: 116
    I got it!! FInally!  

Way to hang in there and get one!!  Congrats!!!
  • washed in blackwashed in black Posts: 879
    edited February 2020
    mpedone said:
    mpedone said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    so there are people here who are trying to upgrade their seats when seats become available while so many others are trying to just get into these shows?  kind of a dick move in my opinion.
    why? If I upgrade my seats, I would then drop my old seats to the F2F
    because you are unnecessarily causing extra traffic for the original tickets when they are put up.   maybe you disagree and that's fine. my opinion is my opinion.
    I have two singles in different rows and want my husband and me to sit together. Of course I'm going to try to upgrade.

Honestly? I would not put this in the same category as "upgrading". SP1984 and I joked about getting separate singles, but it's just not as much fun going alone. Best of luck to you!
    Thanks. I am thrilled to just be in the building and know how fortunate we are. Losing out on 5 pair I've had in my cart so far has really sucked, but it appears they are going to people here, so I'm happy for them. Not gonna give up hope.

How far apart are your tickets?
    We're actually in the same section, just a few rows apart, so it's not awful. But it's not the same as sitting next to each other like we have at 46 PJ shows so far. If it happens, great! If not, we're in the building and I am grateful.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy 2024 Indy, MSG 1&2, Philly 1&2, Baltimore

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,416
    PJNB said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJNB said:
    Let me get this straight. Upgrading and selling your old tickets for facevalue is a dick move but having scalpers scoop up hundreds of tickets and marking them up substantially is ok just so you can have access to them? Man what a take. 
    well yes upgrading lowers someone's chances of getting tickets in that moment. is this hard to understand?

and i know it's for charity and it's great but those Vitology tickets are far more expensive than any scalper cost i've ever paid.

but hey that's just my take
    Again you are ok with scalpers scooping up tickets so you can have access to them at a premium price. Do you not understand that these scalpers are now lowering the chances of someone else getting tickets in that moment? What do charity tickets have to do with anything we are talking about here?

you can argue the system PJ is using is great because more so called 'real fans' are getting in the building but don't equate that with more people having access. they are limiting access to a select group of people.  No one here has given me a good answer for this one...are you willing to join the fan club of every band you want to see for access to tickets if this becomes the industry standard? because if this PJ model becomes the industry standard your access to tickets is going to be severely restricted.  i don't think this is even up for debate.
  • pjhawks said:
    PJNB said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJNB said:
    Let me get this straight. Upgrading and selling your old tickets for facevalue is a dick move but having scalpers scoop up hundreds of tickets and marking them up substantially is ok just so you can have access to them? Man what a take. 
    well yes upgrading lowers someone's chances of getting tickets in that moment. is this hard to understand?

and i know it's for charity and it's great but those Vitology tickets are far more expensive than any scalper cost i've ever paid.

Again you are ok with scalpers scooping up tickets so you can have access to them at a premium price. Do you not understand that these scalpers are now lowering the chances of someone else getting tickets in that moment? What do charity tickets have to do with anything we are talking about here?

you can argue the system PJ is using is great because more so called 'real fans' are getting in the building but don't equate that with more people having access. they are limiting access to a select group of people.  No one here has given me a good answer for this one...are you willing to join the fan club of every band you want to see for access to tickets if this becomes the industry standard? because if this PJ model becomes the industry standard your access to tickets is going to be severely restricted.  i don't think this is even up for debate.
    It already IS the industry standard.  Try getting decent seats to any popular show without being part of one of the many many presales - fan clubs, credit cards, etc etc.  By the time the general public onsale happens, the available tickets are scarce and usually the worst in the house.  Gone are the days when you can just queue up at 10am on friday and get lucky.
  • B4idiejetsB4idiejets Posts: 346
    edited February 2020
    pjhawks said:
    PJNB said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJNB said:

We got enough drama on here trying to get these tix man....I dont have my tix for balt yet, but it is what it is. I'm gonna keep trying, not gonna cry about it
  • pjhawks said:
    PJNB said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJNB said:

We hot enough drama on here man....I dont have my tix for balt yet, but it is what it is. I'm gonna keep trying, not gonna cry about it
    Agreed gotta stay positive. Where's @Saltzy23 to breathe some more positivity into this thread!
  • I got it!! FInally!  

Congrats!
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy 2024 Indy, MSG 1&2, Philly 1&2, Baltimore

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,416
    pjhawks said:
    PJNB said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJNB said:

It already IS the industry standard.  Try getting decent seats to any popular show without being part of one of the many many presales - fan clubs, credit cards, etc etc.  By the time the general public onsale happens, the available tickets are scarce and usually the worst in the house.  Gone are the days when you can just queue up at 10am on friday and get lucky.
    thanks for proving my point.  with stub hub and scalpers i always have access and not only that I can choose the time i want to try to secure tickets and what cost i want to pay.  
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,424
    pjhawks said:
    PJNB said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJNB said:

Last thing I comment on since this is so off topic.

My original point is that you think its a dick move to try and upgrade tickets. Your point is it takes away from another fan at that moment even though the person that is upgrading is going to be selling the lesser tickets on the same platform at face value. On the other hand you are ok with people going into the public sale and scalping tickets and selling them at ridiculous prices just so you can have access to them. This scalper is taking away from another fan at that moment as well but you seem to not care about that fan since the results benefit you. 
  • ClapperClapper Posts: 208

We got enough drama on here trying to get these tix man....I dont have my tix for balt yet, but it is what it is. I'm gonna keep trying, not gonna cry about it
    This is the right answer. 
    1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Chicago, Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II, Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II, New York I, New York II, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2018 - Boston I, Boston II
  • JB274988JB274988 Posts: 287
    edited February 2020
    I didnt even notice it was a single. I will most likely keep trying for a pair and sell this later if necessary. Maybe not as hyper aggressively though.  Good luck to all.

All I need is a single, please post on here when/if you do end up selling it.  Congrats!  
    Post edited by JB274988 on
    Camden, NJ 06 -  Columbia, SC 08 - Washington D.C. 08 - Philadelphia, PA 09 - Bristow, VA 10 - Hartford, CT 10 - NYC, NY 10 - Alpine Valley, WI 11 - Baltimore, MD 13 - Ottawa, ON 20 - Baltimore, MD 20 - St. Louis, MO 20
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,989
    edited February 2020
    pjhawks said:
    PJNB said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJNB said:

We hot enough drama on here man....I dont have my tix for balt yet, but it is what it is. I'm gonna keep trying, not gonna cry about it
    Agreed gotta stay positive. Where's @Saltzy23 to breathe some more positivity into this thread!
    You guys got this. Keep at it. I'll have some free time tonight while my son is at practice, so more than willing to refresh and help out. I kind of miss it lol
  • pjhawks said:
    PJNB said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJNB said:

You guys got this. Keep at it. I'll have some free time tonight while my son is at practice, so more than willing to refresh and help out. I kind of miss it lol
    Thanks, @lmckenney24 . Nobody deserves a show more than you folks in Atlanta!
    pjhawks said:
    PJNB said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJNB said:

Thanks, @lmckenney24 . Nobody deserves a show more than you folks in Atlanta!
    I'm a transplant from Boston, but would be great to get a show down here!
  • madhat181madhat181 Posts: 372
    edited February 2020
    PJ should just sell tickets for Market price like $500....said no one. Well one guy 😇
  • craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,298
    edited February 2020
    i recall the good ole days when i was a manager at a wherehouse records and we had Bass Ticketmaster outlet- there was no internet. and back then scalpers waited in line with everyone else.  it was A2... Enter, A2...enter, A2 Enter.... not F5 F5 F5.... but was the same be quick on the check out... I got so many great seats, i would work the ticket register and just search for ticket drops... even got front row day of show (RUSH) , 10th Row for Tom Petty ( Day before)  ... this is a "refreshing" change from years of Bots and scalpers winning... I love it!
  • Clapper said:

I'm def  crying about it til I get there 😂😂😂 but I am hopeful for us all

• ZodZod Posts: 10,504
    edited February 2020
    i recall the good ole days when i was a manager at a wherehouse records and we had Bass Ticketmaster outlet- there was no internet. and back then scalpers waited in line with everyone else.  it was A2... Enter, A2...enter, A2 Enter.... not F5 F5 F5.... but was the same be quick on the check out... I got so many great seats, i would work the ticket register and just search for ticket drops... even got front row day of show (RUSH) , 10th Row for Tom Petty ( Day before)  ... this is a "refreshing" change from years of Bots and scalpers winning... I love it!
    My favourite era was the later 90s when TM had it systems networked, but the internet was still limited.  IE they didn't do online sales yet.   Because TM outlets were networked you didn't have to call your local one for local tickets, you could call anyone for local tickets.   For Vancouver shows we'd call the one in Brandon Manitoba.   They still went on sale at the same time, but there was no queue.  We'd call a minute or two early ask a few stupid questions then ask for tickets.  We got so many good tickets that way.

The early days of the internet were good too...  Those first 5ish years of online sales.   So many people hadn't figured it out yet.  They'd still be standing in line, while you'd get your ticket in 30 seconds.   Once more people figured it out, and then later on the bots.. it kind of went to crap.
    Post edited by Zod on
    Baltimore pair up
  •  B4idiejets said:

🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯😂😂😂😂
  • JB274988JB274988 Posts: 287
    Arrrrggghhhhh I thought I had them!!!~!
    Camden, NJ 06 -  Columbia, SC 08 - Washington D.C. 08 - Philadelphia, PA 09 - Bristow, VA 10 - Hartford, CT 10 - NYC, NY 10 - Alpine Valley, WI 11 - Baltimore, MD 13 - Ottawa, ON 20 - Baltimore, MD 20 - St. Louis, MO 20
  • ApecarroApecarro Posts: 118
    edited February 2020
    Who got the Baltimore 314s?
  • JadlerJadler Posts: 758
    I really thought that was it for me. 😔 
  • epbadgerepbadger Posts: 663
    Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh.....balt just went
  • Damn someone is fast!