Fan-to-Fan Ticket Exchange for Dummies

Comments

• lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,989
    edited February 2020
    I still see two of the four available.
    Edit: Gone, never mind
  • JadlerJadler Posts: 758
    Me too, but it says they’re taken by another fan. 
  • Shoot back to back drops
  • 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,989
    Anyone here get any of the four?
  • Zod said:
    i recall the good ole days when i was a manager at a wherehouse records and we had Bass Ticketmaster outlet- there was no internet. and back then scalpers waited in line with everyone else.  it was A2... Enter, A2...enter, A2 Enter.... not F5 F5 F5.... but was the same be quick on the check out... I got so many great seats, i would work the ticket register and just search for ticket drops... even got front row day of show (RUSH) , 10th Row for Tom Petty ( Day before)  ... this is a "refreshing" change from years of Bots and scalpers winning... I love it!
    My favourite era was the later 90s when TM had it systems networked, but the internet was still limited.  IE they didn't do online sales yet.   Because TM outlets were networked you didn't have to call your local one for local tickets, you could call anyone for local tickets.   For Vancouver shows we'd call the one in Brandon Manitoba.   They still went on sale at the same time, but there was no queue.  We'd call a minute or two early ask a few stupid questions then ask for tickets.  We got so many good tickets that way.

The early days of the internet were good too...  Those first 5ish years of online sales.   So many people hadn't figured it out yet.  They'd still be standing in line, while you'd get your ticket in 30 seconds.   Once more people figured it out, and then later on the bots.. it kind of went to crap.
    Yes, I would do the same thing ... call Milwaukee for Chicago tickets, got Smashing Pumpkin tickets at the Aragon that way... The show sold out in 7 min... at the time it was the fastest sell out in Chicago ticket history... To make the story better - i bought 2 and TM set me 4 ( 2 by mistake) ... thank you TM.. LOL... the Other trick was call about the symphony or what not and call at 9:50, keep the agent taking... I did this for Depeche Mode in LA in 1990 - at a small 7k venue. ( they played 2 nights at Dodger stadium and one at Universal it was an exclusive show, ... I head someone in the background yell Depeche tickets on... SO i said oh DM ill take 2... Got Pit Standing ..

• The first time they came to Camden after the tickmaster war...I waited in line for 6 hours .would have been front row ...well they started the lottery system that day and lined everyone up according to ticket number given on... needless to say..I ended up w lawn seats for added show number 2😭😭😭😭

• ZodZod Posts: 10,504
    The first time they came to Camden after the tickmaster war...I waited in line for 6 hours .would have been front row ...well they started the lottery system that day and lined everyone up according to ticket number given on... needless to say..I ended up w lawn seats for added show number 2😭😭😭😭
    I loathed the random wristband policy.   It's pretty much what wrecked standing in line :(
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818
    That’s what I get for paying attention to my job for a few minutes.  
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2
  • Zod said:
    The first time they came to Camden after the tickmaster war...I waited in line for 6 hours .would have been front row ...well they started the lottery system that day and lined everyone up according to ticket number given on... needless to say..I ended up w lawn seats for added show number 2😭😭😭😭
    I loathed the random wristband policy.   It's pretty much what wrecked standing in line :(
    I forgot about that .. we did that only for bigger shows - like when Grateful dead put up 6 shows on the same day... But i worked in small outlet in the SJ bay area.. we were not Tower Records and didn't get the lines that they did...

• Sibidy7Sibidy7 Posts: 189
    mpedone said:
    Sibidy7 said:
    Hankj25 said:
    I scored STL just now.  2 tickets up high in Section 317, but its an upgrade over my 333 seats.  I'm going to post the 333 seats (or at least start the process at 10:15am CST today).  Persistence is key.  And by the way, I used the app, filtered the results for only F2F seats, (which saves you having to hit "got it") and refreshed non stop (the app never accused me of being a bot using this method, but it did when I would check, hit got it, hit back, and check again).

Good luck everyone who is still at it.  I'm afraid to open up my screen time app.  I'm guessing I spent 8-9 hours since yesterday morning at it.  
    How do you refresh in the app without backing out of the screen with seating chart?

If the show has Vitalogy tickets, tap the "Filters" button, uncheck "Official Vitalogy...", click Apply. Now, instead of backing out or tapping "See all tickets" (which clears your filters), just tap "Filters" and then "Apply" without changing anything. Listings will update, but not show the Vitalogy tickets.
    A similar tactic works if you see tickets, but miss out on them (at least, it worked this weekend) - you end up on the seating chart with nothing available, but you have the "See all tickets" button (or something similar). Just spam that button!
    Online, there is a similar tactic - instead of F5ing a show that has Vitalogy tickets, I'm pretty sure you can just keep clicking on either "Lowest Price" and it will keep refreshing the listings. Benefit of this is that if tickets drop, they'll be at the top of the list. I'm not sure this is much faster than F5ing - I tried it for the St Louis tickets someone announced on Friday, and saw the tickets, but they were gone before I could click on them.
    Thanks!  Really appreciate it.
  • I have a pair for Hamilton (Sec 119) to try and trade for a pair in Toronto 

• steven87steven87 Posts: 1,439
    2 singles in a row. One was row L, one was M.
    I got incredibly lucky and snagged the one in row M. Still in shock and can’t believe I finally got one! Never been so happy to be in the last row in my entire life!

• 2 singles in a row. One was row L, one was M.
    I got incredibly lucky and snagged the one in row M. Still in shock and can’t believe I finally got one! Never been so happy to be in the last row in my entire life!

If I'm still in that seat by then, I'll be sure to say hi from 1 row below you.
  • 2 up for PHX
  • PHX are gone... where were they?
  • chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,469
    PHX are gone... where were they?
    behind the stage 210
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • TalonTeddTalonTedd Toronto Posts: 835
    Hurls15 said:
    TalonTedd said:
    Just posted two floor seats for TO.  Told a couple of members  about it.  We were watching.  Not even a glimpse before I get the email that they are sold.  They never posted up on the screen for any of us.  Completely dubious to me.
    You try and play by the rules.  Anybody sees left side floors row 18 seats five and six, I'd like to hear about it.
    I saw them for few mins at least, see above.
    I saw them too for a minute to 2 mins 
    Just curious why someone would watch for tickets and not try to buy them?

My thoughts exactly .  Why would you spend five seconds watching a show you wouldn't want to buy too....

I remember when, yeah. I swore I knew everything, oh yeah.
  • TW150753TW150753 Posts: 160
    I got it!! FInally!  

Nice work!  I was in a meeting and refreshing my phone when it popped up.  still missed it.
  • robbierobbie Posts: 882
    Oakland 1 up
  • More PHX, Sec 229
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • 106 for OAK 1

• Surprised there has been so little SD talk.  Those tickets seem rarer than Baltimore.  I suppose the demand much lower as well, but the supply is minimal.
  • PHX go fast... damn..
  • RF123172RF123172 Posts: 110
    TalonTedd said:
    Hurls15 said:
    TalonTedd said:
    Just posted two floor seats for TO.  Told a couple of members  about it.  We were watching.  Not even a glimpse before I get the email that they are sold.  They never posted up on the screen for any of us.  Completely dubious to me.
    You try and play by the rules.  Anybody sees left side floors row 18 seats five and six, I'd like to hear about it.
    I saw them for few mins at least, see above.
    I saw them too for a minute to 2 mins 
    Just curious why someone would watch for tickets and not try to buy them?

My thoughts exactly .  Why would you spend five seconds watching a show you wouldn't want to buy too....

I can identify.  I'm looking at shows I would not necessarily go to.  I'm in NY.  I will go to most seats in Baltimore.  But to make a trip to CO, AZ or CA, it has to be some of the best seats in the house.  So I am looking at some cities I will most likely not go.  I don't think my pickiness makes me any less of a PJ fan.  I'm that way with every show I go to.
  • PJ N DCPJ N DC Posts: 184
    Looking to trade LA N2 for STL or MSG.
    92 - (Lollapalooza)
    96 - Columbia,MD
    98 - VA Beach
    00 - VA Beach, Columbia, MD
    03 - Pittsburgh, State College, Bristow, VA, Scranton
    05 - St. Johns, Newfoundland, Pittsburgh, Newark, The Vic
    08 - Washington, DC (EV Solo), VA Beach, Washington, DC
    09 - Philadelphia (EV Solo) & Philadelphia (Spectrum Shows)
    10 - Bristow
    12 - Philadelphia (Made in America Festival)
    13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Charlottesville, Charlotte
    14 - St. Louis, MO
    16 - Hampton, VA, Philadelphia 2, New York City 1&2
    18 - Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
    22 - LA 1 & LA 2, Hamilton, ON, Toronto, Nashville, TN
    23 - Ft. Worth 1 & Ft. Worth 2, Austin 1 & Austin 2
    24 - LA 1 & LA 2, MSG 1, Philadelphia 2, Baltimore 
  • I am pretty sure this has all been very good for my hand eye coordination, and has exercised parts of my brain that have been dormant.  I am ready for professional Esports.
  • RT85129RT85129 Posts: 179
    my app is sloooooooooooooooooooooooow. 
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818
    RT85129 said:
    my app is sloooooooooooooooooooooooow. 
    Same here. I noticed it was slow yesterday but today it’s worse.  Sometimes it doesn’t refresh just gets stuck on the spinning circle and then gets stuck on a blank white screen 
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2