Fan-to-Fan Ticket Exchange for Dummies

Comments

• SHZA said:
    3 pair of LA#2 up at once right now.  Supply/demand imbalance for the west coast shows gonna shift soon and people may get stuck with extras IMO.
    Or people in this thread will realize a trip to the west coast makes more sense than hitting F5 for 300 hours over the next month 
    Sense went out the window 100 pages ago.
  • SHZA said:
    3 pair of LA#2 up at once right now.  Supply/demand imbalance for the west coast shows gonna shift soon and people may get stuck with extras IMO.
    Or people in this thread will realize a trip to the west coast makes more sense than hitting F5 for 300 hours over the next month 

San Diego is much nicer place to "visit" to see a show... Beaches, attractions... small venue... sucks its a weekday.. but awesome that OAK is sat/sun!
  • epbadgerepbadger Posts: 663
    SHZA said:
    Sense went out the window 100 pages ago.
    so true so true
  • 3 pair of LA#2 up at once right now.  Supply/demand imbalance for the west coast shows gonna shift soon and people may get stuck with extras IMO.
    Why do you say that? I still see all West coast sold in flash... SANS behind the stage are up much longer but do sell except OAK2 - there are still a lot of regular seats upper behind

I just think at some point the "glut" of West Coast shows may catch up.  Not saying that it will be a major problem, but the "nice" thing about F2F is that it doesn't matter where your ticket is, there is no competition and people will buy yours.  The problem will be when there is more than 1 option available, and you have no pricing power.  The better seats will always get bought, and your crappy seats will always be last in line until they are the ONLY ones in line.  I think a few days before the show, you will see a lot up on the west coast, and people that waited until the last few days may be stuck unable to sell.
    Totally agree! You'll see a major dump one week before the show. Also, TM always saves a bunch of quality tickets that they would release a few days prior. I would not be surprised in the least if u saw a few GA tickets to each show get released.
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • Imagine if we all had these F5 skills on Feb 18?  I'd be sitting on a mountain of BAL tickets right now.
  • pair of STL up 

• craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,298
    edited February 2020
    Why do you say that? I still see all West coast sold in flash... SANS behind the stage are up much longer but do sell except OAK2 - there are still a lot of regular seats upper behind

I just think at some point the "glut" of West Coast shows may catch up.  Not saying that it will be a major problem, but the "nice" thing about F2F is that it doesn't matter where your ticket is, there is no competition and people will buy yours.  The problem will be when there is more than 1 option available, and you have no pricing power.  The better seats will always get bought, and your crappy seats will always be last in line until they are the ONLY ones in line.  I think a few days before the show, you will see a lot up on the west coast, and people that waited until the last few days may be stuck unable to sell.
    Totally agree! You'll see a major dump one week before the show. Also, TM always saves a bunch of quality tickets that they would release a few days prior. I would not be surprised in the least if u saw a few GA tickets to each show get released.
    and you get ticket releases when the stage and floor are setup, you may see a whole row or two added to the floor. At Shoreline theater, it was an issue for some shows where row AA was front row, then the stage would be set and they would add AAA, BBB and CCC so those that "had" front row are now in row 3 or 4 . happened once to me got the show and there were 15 people in front of me all giving each other high5s for getting the tickets day of show and having the best seats in the house.

• chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,469
    Another pair PHX behind the stage up
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • JB274988JB274988 Posts: 287
    Just found out a buddy of mine has an extra ticket to STL, looks like booking a second flight for this tour.
    Camden, NJ 06 -  Columbia, SC 08 - Washington D.C. 08 - Philadelphia, PA 09 - Bristow, VA 10 - Hartford, CT 10 - NYC, NY 10 - Alpine Valley, WI 11 - Baltimore, MD 13 - Ottawa, ON 20 - Baltimore, MD 20 - St. Louis, MO 20
  • JB274988 said:
    Just found out a buddy of mine has an extra ticket to STL, looks like booking a second flight for this tour.
    Nice.  I'm going solo.  Let me know if there will be an F5 meetup!
  • Someone needs to make F5 stickers to hand out at the wishlist pre-party!
  • JB274988JB274988 Posts: 287
    JB274988 said:
    Nice.  I'm going solo.  Let me know if there will be an F5 meetup!
    I'm getting in on Fri, my buddy has an obligation that day, so I'll be solo too if you want to meet up - just PM me.
    Camden, NJ 06 -  Columbia, SC 08 - Washington D.C. 08 - Philadelphia, PA 09 - Bristow, VA 10 - Hartford, CT 10 - NYC, NY 10 - Alpine Valley, WI 11 - Baltimore, MD 13 - Ottawa, ON 20 - Baltimore, MD 20 - St. Louis, MO 20
  • LiftedLifted Posts: 1,833
    I just checked msg tickets randomly and got put in the que. Got really excited, but still just the vitalogy tickets available. Did they drop some? Anyone get lucky?
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,350
    Can someone give me a quick recap of today's events?  I don't really have the time to read the last 10 pages or whatever it is since I checked in.

What members of the F5 Crew got into Baltimore?
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • JadlerJadler Posts: 757
    Lifted said:
    I just checked msg tickets randomly and got put in the que. Got really excited, but still just the vitalogy tickets available. Did they drop some? Anyone get lucky?
    Same thing just happened to me. It was just the 3k tix lol. Spit out my drink when I saw tickets are now available. 
  • LiftedLifted Posts: 1,833
    Jadler said:
    Lifted said:
    Same thing just happened to me. It was just the 3k tix lol. Spit out my drink when I saw tickets are now available. 
    Right? My heart dropped a bit. I havent been obsessively f5ing like some on here, but ive been periodically monitoring. Thought i was going to possibly hit the jackpot while all these fools were refreshing the Baltimore page.
  • BagCzechBagCzech Posts: 463
    Saltzy23 said:
    Can someone give me a quick recap of today's events?  I don't really have the time to read the last 10 pages or whatever it is since I checked in.

All the drops happened at the worst time for me. During work calls, when kids got home from school, etc. 

the hunt continues 
    edited February 2020
    Lifted said:
    Jadler said:
    Lifted said:
    Right? My heart dropped a bit. I havent been obsessively f5ing like some on here, but ive been periodically monitoring. Thought i was going to possibly hit the jackpot while all these fools were refreshing the Baltimore page.
    Hahaha oh man that prob would have been it for me. 
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,989
    Who got 213? Hopefully one of you!
    Nope! Arghhhj
  • TW150753TW150753 Posts: 160
    Missed it!  F*ck
  • BagCzechBagCzech Posts: 463
    edited February 2020
    FUCK the app pushed me to the website. slowed me down
    Post edited by BagCzech on
    I’m getting to the end every time. 
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,888
    Saltzy23 said:

Two people snagged upper level singles in consecutive rows in the same section I believe. 
  • TW150753TW150753 Posts: 160
    I was literally driving and trying to get those tickets, this is really unhealthy.
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    Who got the Baltimore tix just now?
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • This is madness
  • Omfg.....I got em!!!! I'm freaking having a heart attack
  • 8 ..15 hour days
    Life is a prison. Existence is pain.