Fan-to-Fan Ticket Exchange for Dummies

Comments

• BagCzech said:
    Good luck today everyone. The morning refresh proved to be uneventful, and I gotta step away from this for a bit because of, you know, life.

in other news, i'm flying to San Fran tomorrow morning for work and need to decide if I should pay for the wifi onboard and just F5 the whole flight. ugh.....
    Imagine being the person sitting next to you tomorrow, watching you refresh for 6 hrs.....lol.  Good luck!
    The flight attendant asked me what I was doing.  But she was asking me while I was trying to check out.  I was trying hard not to be a dick, but I was freaking out.  Then she continued the conversation for the next 10 minutes asking what other bands I like, etc.  I was just trying to refresh in peace...
    Hahaha....what about the good old days when the word refresh meant something peaceful. 
  • B4idiejetsB4idiejets Posts: 346
    edited February 2020
    BagCzech said:
    Good luck today everyone. The morning refresh proved to be uneventful, and I gotta step away from this for a bit because of, you know, life.

in other news, i'm flying to San Fran tomorrow morning for work and need to decide if I should pay for the wifi onboard and just F5 the whole flight. ugh.....
    Imagine being the person sitting next to you tomorrow, watching you refresh for 6 hrs.....lol.  Good luck!
    The flight attendant asked me what I was doing.  But she was asking me while I was trying to check out.  I was trying hard not to be a dick, but I was freaking out.  Then she continued the conversation for the next 10 minutes asking what other bands I like, etc.  I was just trying to refresh in peace...
    Post edited by B4idiejets on
  • epbadgerepbadger Posts: 663
    So let's say I get 3 pairs to whatever show. does anyone know if I can bring my +5?  or  will this be an issue?
  • Been a fairly quiet morning...
    "If you're like me, then you know me"

2006: Camden 1
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 1, Philly 2, Philly 3, Philly 4
    2013: Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2,
    2017: Temple of The Dog Philly 2
  • tusevuntusevun Posts: 231
    epbadger said:
    So let's say I get 3 pairs to whatever show. does anyone know if I can bring my +5?  or  will this be an issue?
    Why would it be an issue? I am doing it for Nashville.
    ok
    Been a fairly quiet morning...
    yes....yes it has.
    Been a fairly tusevun said:
    epbadger said:
    ok

1- I thought there was a 4 tickets max. guess that's just on one purchase
    2- what's from stopping someone from selling them for scalper prices?
    epbadger said:
    epbadger said:
    ok

10c tickets do not count towards the 4 limit.

Nothing will ever stop scalpers. People here scalp things all the time. 
  • mpedone said:
    There was a pair for STL in section 102, row T (I think) around an hour ago

Wow. That would have been a nice upgrade.
    I was the lucky recipient of those,
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,888
    tusevun said:
    epbadger said:
    epbadger said:
    ok

What makes you say that - is it written somewhere? 
    My experience is that the supposed limits are meant to discourage high volume buying but are rarely enforced. But there's no guarantee TM won't cancel one or more of your orders.
  • mpedone said:

Congrats!
  • mpedone said:

Congrats!
    Thank you! I need one more STL and my watch will end 
    SHZA said:
    tusevun said:
    epbadger said:
    epbadger said:
    ok

What makes you say that - is it written somewhere? 
    My experience is that the supposed limits are meant to discourage high volume buying but are rarely enforced. But there's no guarantee TM won't cancel one or more of your orders.
    more worried about being turned away at the door that anything else. but dont think it will be an issue
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,941
    mpedone said:

Excellent! I am happy to be in the building, but getting out of the 300s (in the far end) would be nice!
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • BagCzech said:

Did u get some?
  • mpedone said:
    mpedone said:

Excellent! I am happy to be in the building, but getting out of the 300s (in the far end) would be nice!
    Yes I honestly did not see the section until after the purchase to try to save time, so when I saw 102 I was pumped
    mpedone said:
    mpedone said:

Yes I honestly did not see the section until after the purchase to try to save time, so when I saw 102 I was pumped

That was me with Baltimore this weekend. Got through the process, then said, "Wait, where are we sitting?"
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,416
    so there are people here who are trying to upgrade their seats when seats become available while so many others are trying to just get into these shows?  kind of a dick move in my opinion.
  • NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,414
    edited February 2020
    pjhawks said:
    so there are people here who are trying to upgrade their seats when seats become available while so many others are trying to just get into these shows?  kind of a dick move in my opinion.
    why? If I upgrade my seats, I would then drop my old seats to the F2F
    Post edited by NewfieintheUSA on
    Upgrade seats then release others. Whats wrong with that?
  • I upgraded 3 times for STL, I must be a real dick
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,416
    pjhawks said:
    because you are unnecessarily causing extra traffic for the original tickets when they are put up.   maybe you disagree and that's fine. my opinion is my opinion.
  • eddievedderspantseddievedderspants Posts: 121
    edited February 2020
    pjhawks said:
    I have mixed feelings about it.  I dislike the extra competition at this point, but if I did get a pair of nosebleeds, I would definitely keep trying for something better.  Though, maybe not as aggressively online and refreshing as often as I am now.
  • pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    because you are unnecessarily causing extra traffic for the original tickets when they are put up.   maybe you disagree and that's fine. my opinion is my opinion.
    I have two singles in different rows and want my husband and me to sit together. Of course I'm going to try to upgrade.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy 2024 Indy, MSG 1&2, Philly 1&2, Baltimore

• pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    I have mixed feelings too, unless you are in shitty seats. If I was happy with where my tickets were I wouldn't be trying to upgrade. 
  • As long as you're putting the other tickets back and not hoarding tickets, I don't see what's wrong with trying to upgrade.
  • LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    The tickets cost the same if you are in super seats or in nosebleeds. Of course people will triy to get the best they can
  • I upgraded 3 times for STL, I must be a real dick

• As long as you're putting the other tickets back and not hoarding tickets, I don't see what's wrong with trying to upgrade.

Exactly
    pjhawks said:
    I have mixed feelings about it.  I dislike the extra competition at this point, but if I did get a pair of nosebleeds, I would definitely keep trying for something better.  Though, maybe not as aggressively online and refreshing as often as I am now.

This is the boat I'm in. I do feel a little bad trying to snag more tickets (to be fair, I'm only doing this for STL, not Baltimore - I'm blessed enough with getting anything to that show), but I am not going crazy about it. Figure I'll check a few times a day over the next couple of weeks.