Fan-to-Fan Ticket Exchange for Dummies

Comments

• given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    OAK2 floor seats now!
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,889
    And gone
  • edited February 2020
    I'm quickly giving up on getting tickets.  I've been checking at a fairly obsessed level but nothing like you guys.  You definitely deserve them more than me.
    Post edited by incidental immortality on
    Boston (4/10/94), Hartford (10/2/96), Barre (8/22/98), Hartford (9/13/98), Mansfield (9/15/98 + 9/16/98), Mansfield (8/29/00 + 8/30/00), Mansfield (7/2/03 + 7/11/03), Boston (9/28/04), Hartford (5/13/06), Boston (5/24/06 + 5/25/06), Hartford (6/27/08), Mansfield (6/28/08 + 6/30/08), Philadelphia (10/31/09), Hartford (5/15/10), Worcester (10/15/13 + 10/16/13), Hartford (10/25/13), New York (5/1/16), Boston (8/5/16 + 8/7/16), Boston (9/2/18 + 9/4/18)
  • JB274988JB274988 Posts: 287
    Anyone going to Tool at Royal Farms Arena in April?
    Camden, NJ 06 -  Columbia, SC 08 - Washington D.C. 08 - Philadelphia, PA 09 - Bristow, VA 10 - Hartford, CT 10 - NYC, NY 10 - Alpine Valley, WI 11 - Baltimore, MD 13 - Ottawa, ON 20 - Baltimore, MD 20 - St. Louis, MO 20
  • LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 810
    PSA - if you're out putting in work refreshing the app while out for a walk, keep your head up. Damn near fell in the river  =)

Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,504
    I got so tired of not getting tickets here, I just splurged on Guns n Roses tickets at Wash Nationals Stadium.  Still tons of really good seats for that one (with Smashing Pumpkins), albeit for a pretty hefty price...
    I feel Guns n' Roses kind of nailed down how to do it.  They seem to have enough popularity that in most small-medium sized markets they're demand falls somewhere between an arena and full stadium.  They've been going for the bigger venues which creates more tickets than they need.   They also charge closer to market value for their tickets, so you pay a bunch to be up front, but can get cheaper seats further away.   It doesn't leave a lot of room for scalping
  • Seen Tool in Atlantic City this past Nov.... just unreal. Friggin amazing. You'll be blown away.
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818
    PSA - if you're out putting in work refreshing the app while out for a walk, keep your head up. Damn near fell in the river  =)

That’s funny!  Be careful out there!
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2
  • JB274988JB274988 Posts: 287
    Seen Tool in Atlantic City this past Nov.... just unreal. Friggin amazing. You'll be blown away.

I saw them in Philly the other month, and yes they were amazing!
    Camden, NJ 06 -  Columbia, SC 08 - Washington D.C. 08 - Philadelphia, PA 09 - Bristow, VA 10 - Hartford, CT 10 - NYC, NY 10 - Alpine Valley, WI 11 - Baltimore, MD 13 - Ottawa, ON 20 - Baltimore, MD 20 - St. Louis, MO 20
  • I really think more and more tickets will become available as we get closer to show dates. People who realize can't use all 4 tickets, people whose plans change, people who realize they can't flip them, etc. Ticketmaster will also have some batches they release days before the events. Happens every time. May be wishful thinking, but I really think most of us, especially if you are willing to travel last minute, will be ok. 

What they REALLY need to do is add another Baltimore show!
  • PSA - if you're out putting in work refreshing the app while out for a walk, keep your head up. Damn near fell in the river  =)

That’s funny!  Be careful out there!
    Hahaha .I almost got run over at the crosswalk
  • Zod said:
    I got so tired of not getting tickets here, I just splurged on Guns n Roses tickets at Wash Nationals Stadium.  Still tons of really good seats for that one (with Smashing Pumpkins), albeit for a pretty hefty price...
    I feel Guns n' Roses kind of nailed down how to do it.  They seem to have enough popularity that in most small-medium sized markets they're demand falls somewhere between an arena and full stadium.  They've been going for the bigger venues which creates more tickets than they need.   They also charge closer to market value for their tickets, so you pay a bunch to be up front, but can get cheaper seats further away.   It doesn't leave a lot of room for scalping
    Yeah, they definitely priced them high enough that they are not selling out instantly.  I got 8th row (behind the GA pit), center stage today, and these went on sale a few weeks ago.  Im not a fan of stadium shows for anyone, but Im taking my son and he's never seen them before.  Im a dinosaur, I saw them back in 1990 and 1992 (with Metallica and Faith No More).  I missed seeing them when they played the original Hammerjacks and the old Bayou in DC back in 87.  Mostly I just love Slash, saw him last fall in a small club - awesome.
  • I hope everyone here can meet for a drink pregame ...the f5ers...if we all get tickets
  • I hope everyone here can meet for a drink pregame ...the f5ers...if we all get tickets
    I'm all for this but need to get a ticket first!
  • TW150753TW150753 Posts: 160
    I hope everyone here can meet for a drink pregame ...the f5ers...if we all get tickets
    Ditto!
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,350
    Zod said:
    GNR is my 2nd favorite band ever (music wise) and it pains me to say it....but FUUUUUCK GNR.

All their real fans have had it at this point.

They are a novelty act of who they used to be.  The whole thing is nothing more than a cash cow, squeeze them for every dime, same show over and over, get em in/get em out shitfest at this point.

If you have never seen them, go see them once because it really is a hellava show.  If you have seen them before, unless you have a hard on to see it again, there really is no point.

'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • duffmannduffmann Posts: 475
    TW150753 said:
    I hope everyone here can meet for a drink pregame ...the f5ers...if we all get tickets
    Ditto!
    I'll be there....   #f5forlife
    Philly PA 91, Philly 92, Camden 98, Camden 2X 00, State College, Philly, Camden 2X & Hershey 03, Reading 04, AC 2X & Philly 05, Camden 2X 06, Camden 2X 08, Philly 4X 09, Philly 2X & Balt 13, Natti & Moline 14, FTL & MIA, Philly 2X, MSG 2X, Fenway 2X 16, Seattle 2X, Missoula, Wrigley 2X, Fenway 2X 18                               ******COVID******
    San Diego & LA  2X, PHX, MSG, Camden, Nashville, 50th SHOW STL 22, CHI(n2), INDY, FTW(n2), Austin 2X 23......
    Yeah, need that baby first.....then I'm In
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,350
    I saw GNR in Caesar's Palace in Vegas last November.  $300 ea for the absolute worst shit seats in the house.  It was supposed to be the end of the tour and it was at a 3,000 person venue Vegas, so the thought was that maybe they would finally do something different or special to close it out. They charged $1,500 ea for VIP where you DIDN'T EVEN GET TO MEET THE BAND.  You got to take some lame picture in front of one of those signs that celebs usually stop for photos for before big events, a piece of garbage swag bag, and a pit ticket.

It was the same fucking show I've seen like 15 times before, and like 2 months later they announced they were gonna play like 40 more shows this year.  They give less than a fuck about their fans, and I'm sick of being a sucker giving them my money anymore.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,428
    edited February 2020
    Yeah, need that baby first.....then I'm In
    Need these to happen (in order):
    1) Obtain Baltimore Ticket(s)
    2) Beers (many, many beers) pre-show with the F5ers
    3) DROP THE FUCKING LEASH!!!!
  • Saltzy23 said:
    I saw GNR in Caesar's Palace in Vegas last November.  $300 ea for the absolute worst shit seats in the house.  It was supposed to be the end of the tour and it was at a 3,000 person venue Vegas, so the thought was that maybe they would finally do something different or special to close it out. They charged $1,500 ea for VIP where you DIDN'T EVEN GET TO MEET THE BAND.  You got to take some lame picture in front of one of those signs that celebs usually stop for photos for before big events, a piece of garbage swag bag, and a pit ticket.

It was the same fucking show I've seen like 15 times before, and like 2 months later they announced they were gonna play like 40 more shows this year.  They give less than a fuck about their fans, and I'm sick of being a sucker giving them my money anymore.
    This will be my last GnR show, I really mean it this time...
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,504
    Saltzy23 said:
    Zod said:
    GNR is my 2nd favorite band ever (music wise) and it pains me to say it....but FUUUUUCK GNR.

All their real fans have had it at this point.

They are a novelty act of who they used to be.  The whole thing is nothing more than a cash cow, squeeze them for every dime, same show over and over, get em in/get em out shitfest at this point.

If you have never seen them, go see them once because it really is a hellava show.  If you have seen them before, unless you have a hard on to see it again, there really is no point.

Yah, that's how I feel too.  I think this is the 3rd time the reunion tour has come to seattle.   I won't travel to be in nosebleeds, and I won't pay 250usd again to be in the pit.  I got to see it once.  I'm happy.   Maybe if they somehow put out a great new album.   That might get me back again.

As much as I liked the Seattle '16 show I saw.  It seemed very polished.  Like they signed a contract of how much time they would spend on the right/centre/middle part of the stage, when they would spend it there, and when they would interact with the other band members.   My cynical mind picked up on all of that.  The wierd part is my favroute GNR show I saw was a Guns N' Replacements show in Edmonton.  Might of been '06.   That was back in the days where Axl showed up super late to things... Still it was an amazingly good time.   They did another show in Edmonton a few years later but it wasn't the same.   That '06 show was magic and I feel it was better than the reunion show I saw in 2016 (which was pretty good on it's own merits),

• duffmannduffmann Posts: 475
    edited February 2020
    f5f5f5ff5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5
    Post edited by duffmann on
    Philly PA 91, Philly 92, Camden 98, Camden 2X 00, State College, Philly, Camden 2X & Hershey 03, Reading 04, AC 2X & Philly 05, Camden 2X 06, Camden 2X 08, Philly 4X 09, Philly 2X & Balt 13, Natti & Moline 14, FTL & MIA, Philly 2X, MSG 2X, Fenway 2X 16, Seattle 2X, Missoula, Wrigley 2X, Fenway 2X 18                               ******COVID******
    San Diego & LA  2X, PHX, MSG, Camden, Nashville, 50th SHOW STL 22, CHI(n2), INDY, FTW(n2), Austin 2X 23......
  • WHAT? I've been on this thing all day and didnt see that.

• Just now? Now way....I've been refreshing every ten seconds and there was nothing
  • This will be my last GnR show, I really mean it this time...

I was at the Metallica / GNR riot show in Montreal, that was insane. I'm prob done with GNR, and I've seen Pumpkins recently also.

Has this been asked already regarding ticket prices for Rage Against the Machine? You can get GA and other good seats for around $400 (charity tickets). Would you pay that for PJ instead of refreshing for days? Like if Vitalogy tickets were that amount...
    I kind of like their approach, they are trying to undercut the scalping prices. I'm away for when they are in my area, but I would have gone, although they'll be playing the same 17 song set every night probably...imagine PJ did that?
  • GR280729GR280729 Posts: 105
    I was at the GNR show at the Philly Spectrum where Axl was at the Knicks game in MSG and never showed up so people started tearing the place apart and then they canceled the rest of the tour the day after.  

We swore we would never go see them again and then when they said Slash was touring with them we went to see them in the Meadowlands (couldn't get Philly tickets) and then again at the Wells Fargo Center.  There were maybe 4 or 5 songs different between the 2 shows, so it was enough for me. 
    We also got tickets for this tour in Philly.  I am there to see the hits, so I am OK if they play those and mix up a couple of others,  And the seats were not horrible.  I am 100 level and it was not bad.

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,424
    I am officially out of the F5ing. Good luck to all and really hope those that are spending their whole day on this madness get rewarded. 
  • B4idiejetsB4idiejets Posts: 346
    edited February 2020
    .....I dont know how much more I can do this. I'm ready to throw in the towel, another near miss today. Im already heading to MSG, Hyde Park and Zurich...but damn it I want these bad! 
    Post edited by B4idiejets on
  • This will be my last GnR show, I really mean it this time...

I was at the Metallica / GNR riot show in Montreal, that was insane. I'm prob done with GNR, and I've seen Pumpkins recently also.

Has this been asked already regarding ticket prices for Rage Against the Machine? You can get GA and other good seats for around $400 (charity tickets). Would you pay that for PJ instead of refreshing for days? Like if Vitalogy tickets were that amount...
    I kind of like their approach, they are trying to undercut the scalping prices. I'm away for when they are in my area, but I would have gone, although they'll be playing the same 17 song set every night probably...imagine PJ did that?
    Yes, I would gladly pay more for these tickets rather than have to go through this.  How much more, I dont know, but probably a couple of hundred easily. I wouldn't give pause until it got over 400 each, then I might think for a couple of seconds before hitting the button.