Options

Any other fans not thrilled with the reserved blind purchase system?

Comments

• Options
    LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    pjl44 said:
    Got terrible seats for Balt. Borderline gutted :-)  Mid 6 club number, I'm in the 200s center ice at the back of the section under an overhang. Funny if these were 5 rows closer I'd be happy. Just dont get why they didnt bump fans from under an overhang to sections further away

This and Obstructed View Fenway are exact reasons I took so long to sign up.

Never liked the blind purchase concept. I really like this band but ovi not a die hard it seems.  Never liked any of their ticketing systems. 

Saw better TM seats on the presale. Good news keep an eye on the F2F. 
    Did you buy the better seats? Keep those and toss these in the exchange. 

I hesitated, got them on second screen but then they disappeared. 

Hey Benny, if you want to meet at the corner of Chabot and Turcotte to discuss your characterization of me above, please let me know.
    I hope you didn’t just threaten another fan. 
  • Options
    Hey Benny, if you want to meet at the corner of Chabot and Turcotte to discuss your characterization of me above, please let me know.
    Please to explain?
  • Options
    Lukin19Lukin19 We The North Posts: 505
    IBTL

• Options
    Lostpawn said:
    I'm not even sure how I characterized him.

Muy confundido.
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,138
    Please to explain?

I loved the disparaging pics. If you wish to discuss, I'll take the 18 hour round trip to meet you civilly, hopefully.
  • Options
    Lostpawn said:
    pjl44 said:
    Got terrible seats for Balt. Borderline gutted :-)  Mid 6 club number, I'm in the 200s center ice at the back of the section under an overhang. Funny if these were 5 rows closer I'd be happy. Just dont get why they didnt bump fans from under an overhang to sections further away

Never liked the blind purchase concept. I really like this band but ovi not a die hard it seems.  Never liked any of their ticketing systems. 

Did you buy the better seats? Keep those and toss these in the exchange. 

I hesitated, got them on second screen but then they disappeared. 

It's a joke.

I'm elevating the attack he levied at me. In a joking manner. He knows I'm not in PQ.
  • Options
    Please to explain?

I loved the disparaging pics. If you wish to discuss, I'll take the 18 hour round trip to meet you civilly, hopefully.
    I posted a pic of a chihuahua, my latest in a string of puppy posts to cheer people up. Not sure how that is disparaging.

The baby wasn't me. So, fuck off.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940

If you applied for tickets with 6xx,xxx, you knew the ticketing rules, you knew the risk, you knew the likelihood was slim that your Reserved tickets would meet your expectations, you knew 10C had pursued tickets that they transparently warned you would go further back than usual. I recommend not participating in the blind purchase concept moving forward, it sounds like it's unlikely to satisfy you. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,903
    I thought the whole process was easy as hell. More tickets is gonna equal worse seats for a lot of us but there are MORE ten club seats.  Kudos to 10c!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Please to explain?

I posted a pic of a chihuahua, my latest in a string of puppy posts to cheer people up. Not sure how that is disparaging.

The baby wasn't me. So, fuck off.
    My bad. Sorry about that.
  • Options
    My bad. Sorry about that.
    Ah, apology accepted. Thanks.
  • Options
    Imagine the bitch level if 10c had not gotten the number of tickets they did.  Some are never fucking happy....
    91 - Ames Iowa CY Stephens Auditorium
    Lots Lots Lots of shows.....
    2018 - Seattle 2/Missoula
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,120
    I love it. I always get better seats than I use to through Ticketmaster for my non-fan club tickets. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Seems like the 100 and 200 section in Baltimore are the equivalent of the entire 100 section at Scotiabank Toronto (or any other regular sized arena). Looks great to me judging by photos of the venue. I've bought the last row of the lower section on purpose because I don't want anyone to be behind me.. I love it, I can lean against the wall and chill. I have last row of the lower bowl for Toronto, side view...I don't think the overhang would be a problem (unless you've been there before and didn't like it).
  • Options
    Lerxst1992 said:
    I'm elevating the attack he levied at me. In a joking manner. He knows I'm not in PQ.
    Oh, I'm not from Quebec either. That's part of why it made no sense.
  • Options
    jets521jets521 Posts: 804
    mcgruff10 said:
    I thought the whole process was easy as hell. More tickets is gonna equal worse seats for a lot of us but there are MORE ten club seats.  Kudos to 10c!!
    That is how I feel and see it.

I'm 10 rows off the GA pit on the floor in STL.
    I selfishly preferred lower level sides, but hey - in the door and grateful for the VERY GOOD seats I was given.

Wachovia Center, Philadelphia - 10/3/05
    Tweeter Center, Camden - 5/27/06
    Verizon Center, Wash. DC - 5/30/06
    Bonnaroo, Manchester, TN - 6/14/08
    Madison Square Garden, NYC - 6/19/08
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/28/09
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/30/09
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/31/09
    Madison Square Garden, NYC - 5/21/10
    Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia - 10/21/13
    1st Mariner Arena, Baltimore - 10/27/13
    Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia - 4/28/16
    Enterprise Center, Saint Louis - 9/18/22
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,903
    jets521 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    That is how I feel and see it.

I'm 10 rows off the GA pit on the floor in STL.
    I selfishly preferred lower level sides, but hey - in the door and grateful for the VERY GOOD seats I was given.

Agreed.  I am seven freaking rows away from the stage in Quebec City.  I think a lot of people feel their fan club number should get them good/closer seats but the reality is there is a lot old timers out there still going to shows.
    Signed Member 139xxx 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,074
    mcgruff10 said:
    I couldn’t agree more with this post
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Yes. But I think the more you paid attention, the worse it seemed when you didn't get tickets or, horrors, made a mistake because you heard about all these other cases of negativity and rejection. It all served to pile on what was already a burden and led to all kinds of (ridiculous) conspiracy theories.

The reality is that most people got something but it was probably better to be ignorant and happy with this sale or, conversely, to wallow alone.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    edited January 2020
    hihobibo said:
    Its not like you'd have time to pick and compare seats/sections in the TM sale anyway. You hesitate and you'll lose. You can be slightly disappointed getting a seat further away than you may have hoped for, but the limit of disappointment can only be similar to being slightly disappointed that Outback ran out of baked potatoes, but you can still get Sweet or mashed. 
    exactly...holy shit

we can't all pick the front row seats

Wait.  Outback has sweet potatoes??  What in the holy fuck.  How long has this shit been going on and I didn’t know?
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    I am driving a long way to sit a long ways away and i cant be any happier  just to make the show and some nice memories along the way with my brother 
    Miwaukee Summerfest 7-9-95
    Minneapolis Target Center 6-30-98
    St Paul Xcel Energy Center 6-26-2006
    Chicago United Center 8-23-09
    Chicago United Center 8-24-09
    Kansas City Sprint Center 5-3-2010
    EV Solo St Louis 7-1-2011
    Chicago Wrigley Field 7-19-2013
    St Paul Xcel Energy Center 10-19-2014
    Chicago Wrigley Field 8-18-2018
    Chicago Wrigley Field 8-20-2018
    Nashville TN 9-16-2022 Bridgestone Arena 
    St Louis MO 9-18-2022 Enterprise Center

He who forgets will be destined to remember

http://twitter.com/eddiefnvedder
  • Options
    Seems like the 100 and 200 section in Baltimore are the equivalent of the entire 100 section at Scotiabank Toronto (or any other regular sized arena). Looks great to me judging by photos of the venue. I've bought the last row of the lower section on purpose because I don't want anyone to be behind me.. I love it, I can lean against the wall and chill. I have last row of the lower bowl for Toronto, side view...I don't think the overhang would be a problem (unless you've been there before and didn't like it).

As I've said, they're not too far, it's the overhang.

Ive been ten clubbed in the past with obstructed views. Hopefully you're right for me or whomever takes the seat. The seats immediately above look much better FWIW 
  • Options
    hihobibo said:
    Its not like you'd have time to pick and compare seats/sections in the TM sale anyway. You hesitate and you'll lose. You can be slightly disappointed getting a seat further away than you may have hoped for, but the limit of disappointment can only be similar to being slightly disappointed that Outback ran out of baked potatoes, but you can still get Sweet or mashed. 
    exactly...holy shit

Wait.  Outback has sweet potatoes??  What in the holy fuck.  How long has this shit been going on and I didn’t know?

• Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    hihobibo said:
    exactly...holy shit

Well there it is.  Gutted.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Oppogutted?
  • Options
    .eddiefnvedder said:
    I am driving a long way to sit a long ways away and i cant be any happier  just to make the show and some nice memories along the way with my brother 

I'm an admitted ticket snob. But I'd gladly take seats 75% furthest from stage without issues involving obstructed views or overhang. 

• Options
    Lerxst1992 said:
    Well then being silly certainly backfired on me.
  • Options
    Lerxst1992 said:
    Well then being silly certainly backfired on me.
    I was like, wow, he wants to fight me for something I didn't do AND I have to travel?
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    hihobibo said:
    exactly...holy shit

Gern...looking at your sig...please give me a review of last year's Oakland shows.  Should I get the boots?  :)
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    hihobibo said:
    exactly...holy shit

Ok gern here you go. This is from the balt roll call-

"Got Section 228, Row J. 676,xxxx. Pretty pleased with that."

That's roughly 20,000 higher than me and those seats are a million times better IMO looking at the chart. But I get zero choice within a given range of seats. Im not expecting lower level. That's why blind purchase sucks. The same exact situation happened with my 2018 seats. At least there is the F2F this time.
This discussion has been closed.