Options

Any other fans not thrilled with the reserved blind purchase system?

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,984
    OnWis97 said:
    hihobibo said:
    Its not like you'd have time to pick and compare seats/sections in the TM sale anyway. You hesitate and you'll lose. You can be slightly disappointed getting a seat further away than you may have hoped for, but the limit of disappointment can only be similar to being slightly disappointed that Outback ran out of baked potatoes, but you can still get Sweet or mashed. 
    exactly...holy shit

we can't all pick the front row seats

Gern...looking at your sig...please give me a review of last year's Oakland shows.  Should I get the boots?  :)
    I hate you
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    hihobibo said:
    Its not like you'd have time to pick and compare seats/sections in the TM sale anyway. You hesitate and you'll lose. You can be slightly disappointed getting a seat further away than you may have hoped for, but the limit of disappointment can only be similar to being slightly disappointed that Outback ran out of baked potatoes, but you can still get Sweet or mashed. 
    exactly...holy shit

Ok gern here you go. This is from the balt roll call-

"Got Section 228, Row J. 676,xxxx. Pretty pleased with that."

That's roughly 20,000 higher than me and those seats are a million times better IMO looking at the chart. But I get zero choice within a given range of seats. Im not expecting lower level. That's why blind purchase sucks. The same exact situation happened with my 2018 seats. At least there is the F2F this time.
    I understand how it would, in theory, be ideal if we could select from what's left in order of our numbers.  I happen to have preferences that might differ from yours and whatever the 10C/TM determine...

...Of course, that would take weeks.  It's mess enough already.  I just don't know that it's realistic.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,138
    Heres another 

MSG: Sec 109

#669xxx

Seriously? That's touching the stage. Dudes gotta be trolling, right?

Looking at these two examples the blind system stinks.

I know. The  majority here  have great numbers and could give a rat's arse.
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,873
    I've never been to this arena in Baltimore. Can I assume it's roughly the same size as MSG, so comparing seat locations in the two venues is reasonable? 
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    edited January 2020

.OnWis97 said:
    hihobibo said:
    exactly...holy shit

That's roughly 20,000 higher than me and those seats are a million times better IMO looking at the chart. But I get zero choice within a given range of seats. Im not expecting lower level. That's why blind purchase sucks. The same exact situation happened with my 2018 seats. At least there is the F2F this time.
    I understand how it would, in theory, be ideal if we could select from what's left in order of our numbers.  I happen to have preferences that might differ from yours and whatever the 10C/TM determine...

...Of course, that would take weeks.  It's mess enough already.  I just don't know that it's realistic.

It can be done. Lottery winners get access to presale based on seniority and get a day assigned to do a presale with allotments set up based on seniority.  We just went thru a 3 week process. Plenty of time to do it based on seniority presales.

Looking at that MSG section 109 from someone in the high 600s, unreal. Kudos to him.
  • Options
    Heres another 

#669xxx

Can't trust individual cases because there are lots of trolls. Plus, was that a single? I'm sure singles would have naturally done better than pairs.
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829

.OnWis97 said:
    hihobibo said:
    exactly...holy shit

It can be done. Lottery winners get access to presale based on seniority and get a day assigned to do a presale with allotments set up based on seniority.  We just went thru a 3 week process. Plenty of time to do it based on seniority presales.

Looking at that MSG section 109 from someone in the high 600s, unreal. Kudos to him.
    I admit...I'd love to see the day-by-day progress of what that looks like.  How fast the floor goes vs. the sides. How much faster Mike's side goes vs. Stone's side...
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    Heres another 

#669xxx

Can't trust individual cases because there are lots of trolls. Plus, was that a single? I'm sure singles would have naturally done better than pairs.

That's part of the reason I post here. I would never have thought of that. Probably a single. 
  • Options
    faithful2youfaithful2you Madison, WI Posts: 778
    Wasn't Ticketmaster running both the Fan Club tickets and the pre-sale?   And people are surprised by the fact that it didn't end up the way they thought it would for tickets?   Every year the bitching gets louder and louder.   Can't wait for the shows so people can bitch about what songs were/weren't played, who didn't follow the 4 different GA "rules" that were made up by the different cliques of fans, They only played 3 hours not 3 hours 20 minutes WE WERE CHEATED!, why didn't Eddie make eye contact with me I WAS STANDING RIGHT THERE, the people standing next to us were completely rude trying to sing along, I'm 5'-3" and the 50 people in front of me didn't let me ahead of them..............   
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,555
    mpedone said:
    I've never been to this arena in Baltimore. Can I assume it's roughly the same size as MSG, so comparing seat locations in the two venues is reasonable? 
    No
    The Arena is maybe 14K
    MSG is 20K
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,984

.OnWis97 said:
    hihobibo said:
    exactly...holy shit

we used to pick IU basketball tickets that way ( I assume they still do)...based on your seniority you had a two minute window to log in and select seats
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,510

mpedone said:
    No
    The Arena is maybe 14K
    MSG is 20K

Man... Most people in here would be happy to just have a seat at a 14K venue.

• Options
    cbbjrcbbjr Posts: 229
    The arena is small enough that there aren't any terrible seats (with the caveat that I can't speak to the problems with the overhang you mention). I saw U2 play there in 2001 from the top row of the entire place, sort of side stage at an awkward angle...and it was still a decent seat. I get that it may not have been what you wanted, but don't feel gutted - I bet it will still have a great night. 
    98-KC; 00-Indianapolis, StL, KC; 03-KC, DC; 04-DC; 06-Camden2, DC, Pittsburgh; 08-DC; 09-Chicago1, Spectrum3; 10-DC; 13-Baltimote; 16-Chicago1; 18-Seattle2; 22-NY
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    FFS
  • Options
    malphurs72malphurs72 NC Piedmont Posts: 56
    Got terrible seats for Balt. Borderline gutted :-)  Mid 6 club number, I'm in the 200s center ice at the back of the section under an overhang. Funny if these were 5 rows closer I'd be happy. Just dont get why they didnt bump fans from under an overhang to sections further away

This and Obstructed View Fenway are exact reasons I took so long to sign up.

Never liked the blind purchase concept. I really like this band but ovi not a die hard it seems.  Never liked any of their ticketing systems. 

Saw better TM seats on the presale. Good news keep an eye on the F2F. 
    If it makes you feel any better, My # is 530xxx and I’m in the last row of a 200 corner section. But as others have said (and as I saw firsthand in 2013) there are truly no awful seats in there. Compared to larger arenas, there isnt much of an overhang from the 300 level
    98 Raleigh 03 Raleigh 06 Camden1 13 Baltimore 16 Greenville 16 Raleigh 16 Wrigley1 16 Wrigley2 18 Missoula 18 Wrigley1
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,929
    Bentleyspophosting  said:
    mpedone said:
    No
    The Arena is maybe 14K
    MSG is 20K

Hosting only one of two northeast shows and on a Saturday night. Any complaints about seating at this show is misguided, at best.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    GR280729GR280729 Posts: 105
    I got 215 with a 509XXX in Baltimore.  I am happy to be in the building.  I actually like being at that angle better than maybe being closer to the stage in the 200 level.  Maybe I am wrong, but I think I will have a good view from where I am.  I don't like being on the side and then having everyone in the row as you go to the stage standing and having to look over them to see the stage/screens.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    edited January 2020
    Heres another 

#669xxx

That's part of the reason I post here. I would never have thought of that. Probably a single. 

MSG Section 115 row 13

"'Ain't no trolling going on in here!"

Main reason (I believe) is that a lot of the floor seats (A-F) and sections on the side where you can see the front of the stage (108-106, 116-119) were given to the more senior #s.
    Also, if you look at the View From My Seats you can see that how good the seats are at MSG in 109 and 115 depends on the configuration of the stage - we could be looking at the side or back side even of the band.  Or, it could be badass beyond belief.
    I have sat up top in the stink seats at MSG, and in 104-105 and still had an awesome time.

What section/row are you in BMore?

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,803
    mcgruff10 said:
    jets521 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I thought the whole process was easy as hell. More tickets is gonna equal worse seats for a lot of us but there are MORE ten club seats.  Kudos to 10c!!
    That is how I feel and see it.

I'm 10 rows off the GA pit on the floor in STL.
    I selfishly preferred lower level sides, but hey - in the door and grateful for the VERY GOOD seats I was given.

Agreed.  I am seven freaking rows away from the stage in Quebec City.  I think a lot of people feel their fan club number should get them good/closer seats but the reality is there is a lot old timers out there still going to shows.
    Signed Member 139xxx 
    Where are your seats In Quebec bro? I’m 122 row DD 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,510
    JimmyV said:
    Bentleyspophosting  said:
    mpedone said:
    No
    The Arena is maybe 14K
    MSG is 20K

Hosting only one of two northeast shows and on a Saturday night. Any complaints about seating at this show is misguided, at best.

Yeah, you also can't expect sympathy when as many people got shut out as they did. This isn't complicated.

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,902
    edited January 2020
    D-Rod said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    jets521 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I thought the whole process was easy as hell. More tickets is gonna equal worse seats for a lot of us but there are MORE ten club seats.  Kudos to 10c!!

I selfishly preferred lower level sides, but hey - in the door and grateful for the VERY GOOD seats I was given.

Agreed.  I am seven freaking rows away from the stage in Quebec City.  I think a lot of people feel their fan club number should get them good/closer seats but the reality is there is a lot old timers out there still going to shows.
    Signed Member 139xxx 
    113 row BB
    i don’t see 122.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,804
    mcgruff10 said:
    D-Rod said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    jets521 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Signed Member 139xxx 
    113 row BB
    i don’t see 122.  
    Pretty sure he meant 112
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,058
    Heres another 

#669xxx

I have 531xxx and got 208. While it may seem like that 109 is better because it is a level down, it's also next to the stage, so the view may be of speakers and not the band. I'm good with my spot versus that one. 
  • Options
    grizahamgrizaham Nashville, TN Posts: 338
    I love it. No TM stress.
    Seen PJ 21 times live from 1994-2019

• Options
    stickmanstickman Posts: 1,008
    You take the good
    You take the bad
    You take them both and there you have
  • Options
    stickmanstickman Posts: 1,008
    THE FACTS OF LIFE !
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    hihobibo said:
    Heres another 

#669xxx

I have 531xxx and got 208. While it may seem like that 109 is better because it is a level down, it's also next to the stage, so the view may be of speakers and not the band. I'm good with my spot versus that one. 

Yeah that is how I feel about my 115s.  I will be pissed if I am looking at speakers.  That being stated, I will jump around and enjoy myself.  Hopefully it is a good side shot -- had seats like that in Cincy a few years back and they were good.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    cbbjr said:
    The arena is small enough that there aren't any terrible seats (with the caveat that I can't speak to the problems with the overhang you mention). I saw U2 play there in 2001 from the top row of the entire place, sort of side stage at an awkward angle...and it was still a decent seat. I get that it may not have been what you wanted, but don't feel gutted - I bet it will still have a great night. 

Thanks for the positive comment. I'm also noticing posts in the 200s under the balcony. Feeling like Fenway all over again.

Thinking of what I already invested in the pair, my +1 luke warm, hotel and travel, maybe the hometown MSG stubhub is an option. 
  • Options
    Got terrible seats for Balt. Borderline gutted :-)  Mid 6 club number, I'm in the 200s center ice at the back of the section under an overhang. Funny if these were 5 rows closer I'd be happy. Just dont get why they didnt bump fans from under an overhang to sections further away

This and Obstructed View Fenway are exact reasons I took so long to sign up.

Never liked the blind purchase concept. I really like this band but ovi not a die hard it seems.  Never liked any of their ticketing systems. 

Saw better TM seats on the presale. Good news keep an eye on the F2F. 
    If it makes you feel any better, My # is 530xxx and I’m in the last row of a 200 corner section. But as others have said (and as I saw firsthand in 2013) there are truly no awful seats in there. Compared to larger arenas, there isnt much of an overhang from the 300 level

This is great info, thanks.
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,187
    I don’t get what you want instead? 200k+ people in front of you so you can be shut out OR quickly pick whatever comes up first? Not sure how that’s better?
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
This discussion has been closed.