Options

Any other fans not thrilled with the reserved blind purchase system?

124»

Comments

• Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    I've had to get out of the Seat Confirmation thread. Almost a dozen people (on five pages of posts that I could stomach reading) who put in Denver Best Available -- like me -- got GA. Their club member numbers are higher than mine by the hundreds of thousands. I'm in a side section.
    Is GA not Best Available? Or did Best Available mean "I'll take what I can get"?  That should have transparent from the beginning. People have been bitching for years that seniority means nothing, and that used to be wrong. Now it really is true that seniority means nothing.  
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,930
    I've had to get out of the Seat Confirmation thread. Almost a dozen people (on five pages of posts that I could stomach reading) who put in Denver Best Available -- like me -- got GA. Their club member numbers are higher than mine by the hundreds of thousands. I'm in a side section.
    Is GA not Best Available? Or did Best Available mean "I'll take what I can get"?  That should have transparent from the beginning. People have been bitching for years that seniority means nothing, and that used to be wrong. Now it really is true that seniority means nothing.  
    It means that they're names were drawn before yours, when GA was still available. When your name was drawn GA was gone, so you got reserved seats with location based on seniority.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    OP, I understand what you are saying COMPLETELY.

Who knows what the methodology is of assigning these seats. It was never explained.  A small explanation of this would have went a long way

A concert experience can be mediocre if the sound is muddy and an overhang seat would be my last choice. I highly doubt that the ten club considered this when handing out seats .

I know exactly what you mean. Many people are ignorant. 
  • Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,928
    My bad. Sorry about that.
    Ah, apology accepted. Thanks.

Glad this was resolved.
    Closing this thread as we have another thread for this topic. Thank you

This discussion has been closed.