Options

Any other fans not thrilled with the reserved blind purchase system?

Got terrible seats for Balt. Borderline gutted :-)  Mid 6 club number, I'm in the 200s center ice at the back of the section under an overhang. Funny if these were 5 rows closer I'd be happy. Just dont get why they didnt bump fans from under an overhang to sections further away

This and Obstructed View Fenway are exact reasons I took so long to sign up.

Never liked the blind purchase concept. I really like this band but ovi not a die hard it seems.  Never liked any of their ticketing systems. 

Saw better TM seats on the presale. Good news keep an eye on the F2F. 
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,801
    Don’t take this the wrong way, but I’ll gladly take them if you have a change of heart 
  • Options
    Lesson 1: Next time buy the presale seats too and F2F what you don't want
    Lesson 2: Baltimore is muy pequeña
    Lesson 3: "muy pequeña" means "very small" in English
    Lesson 4: 650XXX, come on
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    How did you expect good seats with a high number?
    Did you look on View From My Seats to validate that they are messed up from the overhang?
    That barn looks small, so I am guessing it will be far better than when you sit oppo the stage at other arenas....

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    willnycwillnyc ...nyc Posts: 131
    no (and I missed MSG - got Denver)
    a) cool 
    b) cool
    c) ok
    d) cool
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    Don’t take this the wrong way, but I’ll gladly take them if you have a change of heart 
    What's the wrong way to take that?
  • Options
    Baltimore is a smaller venue than most, and one of only two shows on the entire freaking Eastern Seaboard. I'd be happy. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,801
    nicknyr15 said:
    I don’t know. I’m trying to be as nice as possible. I’m desperate 
  • Options
    JM144705JM144705 Philadelphia Posts: 429
    Interesting that you waited to sign up, and you're "borderline gutted" you didn't get a great seat. 
  • Options
    TR233437TR233437 Charlotte Posts: 30
    Come on. Many people got shut out of Baltimore entirely, and you'd be happy if your seats were 5 rows closer, but you still start a thread to complain? 
    Disclaimer: I reserve the right to complain if I don't like my Denver seats!  =)  Not surprised with my Nashville seats.
    11/23/93 Oklahoma City, 10/4/96 Charlotte, 10/5/96 Charleston, SC, 8/31/98 Raleigh, 9/4/98 Greenville, SC, 8/4/00 Charlotte, 8/6/00 Greensboro, NC, 10/22/00 Las Vegas, 4/15/03 Raleigh, 4/16/03 Charlotte, 8/5/07 Chicago, 6/16/08 Columbia, SC, 10/30/13 Charlotte, 4/21/16 Columbia, SC
    Wrigley Field 1 2016, Wrigley Field 2 2016, Wrigley Field 1 2018, Wrigley Field 2 2018, Fenway Park 2 2018, Nashville 2022, Denver 2022, St. Paul 1 2023, St. Paul 2 2023, Austin 1 2023, Austin 2 2023
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I don’t know. I’m trying to be as nice as possible. I’m desperate 
    Smart. I don't know why all those people called you idiota*.

* - "idiota" is Spanish for idiot
  • Options
    jwc6160jwc6160 Posts: 321
    I guess it is what it is, but I got pretty bad seats in STL as well. Pretty surprised based on what I received for the Home Shows in Seattle. Kind of bummed myself, but at least I’m going to a PJ show this year. 
    KC 2010
    Lincoln 2014
    New York 2016
    Seattle 2018
    St Louis 2022

EV@ Innings Festival in AZ 2023
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,075
    "borderline gutted" that you got seats to a show that many didn't with a very high 10c number in a smaller venue?  Come on.  This place is unreal sometimes.
  • Options
    willnycwillnyc ...nyc Posts: 131
    "borderline gutted" that you got seats to a show that many didn't with a very high 10c number in a smaller venue?  Come on.  This place is unreal sometimes.
    this. wahmbulance. 
  • Options
    Destripado
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Surprised it took this long for the first complaint thread.  
  • Options

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,138
    How did you expect good seats with a high number?
    Did you look on View From My Seats to validate that they are messed up from the overhang?
    That barn looks small, so I am guessing it will be far better than when you sit oppo the stage at other arenas....

Frankly I'm seeing better seats MSG with a 700xxx. I'd rather be up higher in the first couple rows than blocked by overhang. It's not that they're too far, I really hate overhangs. They can block view and sound.

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    halshakarchihalshakarchi Toronto Posts: 176

Wow why did you have to doxx the OP
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Surprised it took this long for the first complaint thread.  

It's ok to vent and analyze. The seats aren't far, they're under overhang so subject to obstruction and poor sound. I've been there before. At fenway.

Any lower number fan who looks down on venting is free to trade tix w me ;-).

I understand the PJ ticket game and went into it with the possibility of using the F2F as a real option.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,070
    Got terrible seats for Balt. Borderline gutted :-)  Mid 6 club number, I'm in the 200s center ice at the back of the section under an overhang. Funny if these were 5 rows closer I'd be happy. Just dont get why they didnt bump fans from under an overhang to sections further away

Never liked the blind purchase concept. I really like this band but ovi not a die hard it seems.  Never liked any of their ticketing systems. 

Did you buy the better seats? Keep those and toss these in the exchange. 
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,625
    It’s not like you to complain about seats. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    pjl44 said:

Did you buy the better seats? Keep those and toss these in the exchange. 

I hesitated, got them on second screen but then they disappeared. 

Hey Benny, if you want to meet at the corner of Chabot and Turcotte to discuss your characterization of me above, please let me know.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,555

• Options
    RS151862 said:
    It’s not like you to complain about seats. 
    Me? I never complain about nothing lol.
  • Options
    My teenagers complain less than you do....
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,058
    Its not like you'd have time to pick and compare seats/sections in the TM sale anyway. You hesitate and you'll lose. You can be slightly disappointed getting a seat further away than you may have hoped for, but the limit of disappointment can only be similar to being slightly disappointed that Outback ran out of baked potatoes, but you can still get Sweet or mashed. 
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,233
    You must be new here
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    hihobibo said:
    Its not like you'd have time to pick and compare seats/sections in the TM sale anyway. You hesitate and you'll lose. You can be slightly disappointed getting a seat further away than you may have hoped for, but the limit of disappointment can only be similar to being slightly disappointed that Outback ran out of baked potatoes, but you can still get Sweet or mashed. 
    exactly...holy shit

we can't all pick the front row seats

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    We've never been able to select reserved seats in the Ten Club. You've always just picked them up at the window and got what you got. 

The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
This discussion has been closed.