Seat Confirmations - Week of Jan. 27

Comments

• Are emails still going out to people? I have yet to receive mine.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • TaftTaft Posts: 454
    Taft said:
    Taft said:
    smak said:
    Ticketmaster didn't pick your reserved seats, 10 club did.
    Explain the logic of my seat then know-it-all. 
    Something definitely doesn’t line up there.
    No things are not lining up. People with higher numbers by the hundreds of thousands got GA when all put in best available. That doesn't line up at all. I really wish someone from 10C would define Best Available for the lottery and then explain how tickets got assigned once the lottery was chosen. When that happens, I'll stop asking questions. 
    Your membership number doesn't matter for GA.. doesn't matter if you picked BA. It only matters once it gets to reserved seating.  It all lines up

You are having a different conversation it seems but so all the info is out there. I didn’t do GA or Best Available. Just Reserved. 42,XXX in Sec 1 Floor, Row 16 at MSG. 
    Have you seen anyone with a similar number for MSG post there seat location?
    Many, and nothing remotely comparable. 
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    sean9769 said:
    Taft said:
    smak said:
    No things are not lining up. People with higher numbers by the hundreds of thousands got GA when all put in best available. That doesn't line up at all. I really wish someone from 10C would define Best Available for the lottery and then explain how tickets got assigned once the lottery was chosen. When that happens, I'll stop asking questions. 
    Regardless what your number is it has nothing to do with getting GA or not.  GA is a total crapshoot.  Even if one selected BA if and when their number was pulled they would be awarded GA if it was available at that time and it would continue as such until GA filled up and THEN the higher or lower number come into play handing out the reserved seats.  Pretty simple.
    I get that seniority has nothing to do with getting GA. So let me see if I understand how this worked. I'm not trying to bitch, I'm just trying to understand:
    1.  The pulled a bunch of names.
    2. They assigned GA only and then filled what they had left with people who put BA (randomly???).
    3. They assigned Reserved only (by seniority) and then filled what they had left with people who put BA (by seniority).
    So basically, if you put BA, you were really the leftovers and it was random if you got GA? That's fucked. 
    I know a bunch of us were on here during the three days we had to make our decision trying to figure out the best options. Everybody, and I mean everybody, kept saying BA was the best option. Now I see it was the best option to get in the building but not necessarily the best way to get into GA. In the past lotteries when I've gotten into GA, it was because I waited until the last minute watching the odds and picked the show where I knew I could get into GA based on the odds.  This whole Best Available nonsense was just stupid and confusing, in my view, and could have been way more transparent up front. I would have much preferred the old way where I picked my shows -- Priority 1 GA, Priority 2 Res -- and so on going down my show preference list. 
    And just to preempt the all the "entitlement" bullies -- my preference for GA may be construed as spoiled. Yes I get that. But really, I just don't like to be confined to a seated area for three hours. I get anxious in tight spaces when I can't move, and I will be in and out of my row all night long bothering people just to get out. Thankfully I'm three seats away from an aisle.
  • Are emails still going out to people? I have yet to receive mine.
    I also haven’t received anything. Waiting on MSG. I called Ticketmaster hotline and they said 10c was having issues getting emails to people. That’s definitely the case bc I only received my initial confirmation today from Jan 19th. They said emails will continue to be sent out thru Sunday. Not sure I trust it but that’s what I got. 
    JimmyV said:
    We have one or two weirdisms, but on the whole this seems to have worked as expected.
    I'm seeing a lot of weirdisms with the floor seats. Ticketmaster seems to think the floor seats are better than the side seats, and they're not. You can't see anything there. And I'm assuming Ticketmaster has been the deciders about what to do with seniority assignments, because in past tours, people who got the floor behind the pit were in the higher numbers. 
  • sean9769 said:
    Taft said:
    smak said:
    Regardless what your number is it has nothing to do with getting GA or not.  GA is a total crapshoot.  Even if one selected BA if and when their number was pulled they would be awarded GA if it was available at that time and it would continue as such until GA filled up and THEN the higher or lower number come into play handing out the reserved seats.  Pretty simple.
    I get that seniority has nothing to do with getting GA. So let me see if I understand how this worked. I'm not trying to bitch, I'm just trying to understand:
    2. They assigned GA only and then filled what they had left with people who put BA (randomly???).
    3. They assigned Reserved only (by seniority) and then filled what they had left with people who put BA (by seniority).
    So basically, if you put BA, you were really the leftovers and it was random if you got GA? That's fucked. 
    I know a bunch of us were on here during the three days we had to make our decision trying to figure out the best options. Everybody, and I mean everybody, kept saying BA was the best option. Now I see it was the best option to get in the building but not necessarily the best way to get into GA. In the past lotteries when I've gotten into GA, it was because I waited until the last minute watching the odds and picked the show where I knew I could get into GA based on the odds.  This whole Best Available nonsense was just stupid and confusing, in my view, and could have been way more transparent up front. I would have much preferred the old way where I picked my shows -- Priority 1 GA, Priority 2 Res -- and so on going down my show preference list. 
    And just to preempt the all the "entitlement" bullies -- my preference for GA may be construed as spoiled. Yes I get that. But really, I just don't like to be confined to a seated area for three hours. I get anxious in tight spaces when I can't move, and I will be in and out of my row all night long bothering people just to get out. Thankfully I'm three seats away from an aisle.
    No, they drew GA tickets from the pool of GA and BA entries. Then they moved on to drawing Reserved from Reserved and BA entries
    sean9769 said:
    Taft said:
    smak said:
    No, they drew GA tickets from the pool of GA and BA entries. Then they moved on to drawing Reserved from Reserved and BA entries
    And how do we know this? Where was it published? 
    Again, not trying to be confrontational. Just trying to understand. If this is the new normal, I want to have all the information I can if I decide to do this again in the fall.
  • sean9769 said:
    Taft said:
    smak said:
    Again, not trying to be confrontational. Just trying to understand. If this is the new normal, I want to have all the information I can if I decide to do this again in the fall.
    if you look at the draw results they say this is the way,... most that I know who put in BA either got GA or seats where you would expect based on their 10C number.... As I did, GA for one, and upper side for the other.. Both BA.. 
  • BrushdailyBrushdaily Marin County Posts: 194
    10C# 164xxx
    Oakland 1
    Sec 115 Row 8
    Oakland 2
    Sec 128 Row 6
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    JimmyV said:
    We have one or two weirdisms, but on the whole this seems to have worked as expected.
    I'm seeing a lot of weirdisms with the floor seats. Ticketmaster seems to think the floor seats are better than the side seats, and they're not. You can't see anything there. And I'm assuming Ticketmaster has been the deciders about what to do with seniority assignments, because in past tours, people who got the floor behind the pit were in the higher numbers. 
    I've seen one case that is strange. Everything else appears to be because so many more tickets were made available. All but the lowest numbers have more members than usual with lower numbers before them in seating order.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    sean9769 said:
    Taft said:
    smak said:
    if you look at the draw results they say this is the way,... most that I know who put in BA either got GA or seats where you would expect based on their 10C number.... As I did, GA for one, and upper side for the other.. Both BA.. 
    Where do you find the "draw results"? 10C? TM? Which email or account or website am I supposed to check for this? Last question. Thank you.
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    sean9769 said:
    Taft said:
    smak said:
    Where do you find the "draw results"? 10C? TM? Which email or account or website am I supposed to check for this? Last question. Thank you.
    Here
  • NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,416
    edited February 2020
    sean9769 said:
    Taft said:
    smak said:

This is my best guess based on following the forum. For all drawings it seemed GA only winners were among the first emails out. From what I've seen on posted results, there were quite a few confirmations of early BA winners who indeed did get GA. I don't think we'll ever get official confirmation on this, but this is similar to how the drawing worked before (GA was drawn first, the Reserved), the big difference here being the BA option.

And to add, there were GA only losers while others who put in BA hit GA tickets, so they didn't assign GA to only GA entries first prior to giving GA to BA entries.
    Post edited by NewfieintheUSA on
  • JimmyV said:
    Not related specific to PJ shows but generally speaking on TM... Many times when I've been scoping tix for my faves they will often declare anything on the floor no matter how far back it is better than sides that are sweet and close.
    2013 Baltimore
    2016 Philly1 
    2016 Fenway2
    2016 Wrigley 2
    2016 Temple of the Dog MSG
    2016 Temple of the Dog Seattle2
    2017 Soundgarden Detroit   RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 Seattle1
    2018 Seattle2
    2019 Chris Cornell Tribute LA
    2024 Baltimore 

• ecdanc said:
    sean9769 said:
    Taft said:
    smak said:
    Here
    Exactly.... thank you @ 
  • MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,055
    edited February 2020
    sean9769 said:
    Taft said:
    smak said:
    Here's how it works, spelled out as clear as possible. This has been explained to you multiple times in multiple threads. Try to stay with me.

If you selected BA, you were entered for the BEST AVAILABLE when your NAME was pulled.
    For this lottery, they selected and charged GA tickets first, and then reserved.
    Since GA is included in BA, your NAME was eligible to be pulled for the GA entries.
    If your NAME was pulled ***REGARDLESS OF SENIORITY*** and you selected BA, and GA was still available, you got GA.
    If your NAME was pulled and you selected BA but GA was already filled, you got reserved.
    When your NAME is selected has NOTHING to do with seniority. 
    The ONLY time your 10C comes into play is when seat selections are made.

Now you say how do we know this?  Well we don't for sure, but from over a dozen shows we noticed a pattern developing when people were getting charged.  Those who selected only GA were being charged far sooner than people who selected only reserved in every instance.  Lots and lots of people chose BA and they were being charged at all times.  A reasonable deduction was made that they were charging GA first and then moving onto reserved.

Personally, when MSG name selections began, I got charged before a single post happened on the board about anyone being selected for MSG.  I had picked BA.  From the evidence we had during the drawing, it was a logical conclusion that I had a very high chance of getting GA since my name was chosen so early and we had seen the pattern.  Sure enough, when tickets came today, I had GA.  My member number did not factor into it.  It was pure, dumb luck. Had my name been chosen later, I could have received reserved seats.  THEN and ONLY THEN would my member number matter.
    Post edited by MickeyMouse on
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • CO278952CO278952 Posts: 1,347
    sean9769 said:
    Taft said:
    smak said:
    This is explained in several threads by several people. Basically the only way the drawing could work is to randomly select names and fill their selections as the names are drawn for the type of ticket selected. If entry chose best available then that person would get GA if it wasn’t filled already. Once the GA section is filled anyone who’s name is drawn after that that chose BA gets a reserved seat until those seats are filled. 
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden 07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa 5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin 9.3.24 MSG 9.4.24 MSG Fenway 9.15.24 Fenway 9.17.24
  • LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 810
    You are having a different conversation it seems but so all the info is out there. I didn’t do GA or Best Available. Just Reserved. 42,XXX in Sec 1 Floor, Row 16 at MSG. 
    This the weirdest one I've seen. Envious still though. This is from the tracking file. A 246k is 7 rows in front of you?

Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Scored GA for St. Louis! 

68xxxx

• KC2917KC2917 Posts: 872
    RH1500 said:
    KC2917 said:
    That’s night 1. Pit night 2. 
    Nice...congrats.  What’s your member number?  Must be super low.  I’m row 7 with 70xxx.
    92xxx. Not sure how that’s possible. 
    edited February 2020
    sean9769 said:
    Taft said:
    smak said:
    Here's how it works, spelled out as clear as possible. This has been explained to you multiple times in multiple threads. Try to stay with me.

If you selected BA, you were entered for the BEST AVAILABLE when your NAME was pulled.
    For this lottery, they selected and charged GA tickets first, and then reserved.
    Since GA is included in BA, your NAME was eligible to be pulled for the GA entries.
    If your NAME was pulled ***REGARDLESS OF SENIORITY*** and you selected BA, and GA was still available, you got GA.
    If your NAME was pulled and you selected BA but GA was already filled, you got reserved.

Now you say how do we know this?  Well we don't for sure, but from over a dozen shows we noticed a pattern developing when people were getting charged.  Those who selected only GA were being charged far sooner than people who selected only reserved in every instance.  Lots and lots of people chose BA and they were being charged at all times.  A reasonable deduction was made that they were charging GA first and then moving onto reserved.

Personally, when MSG name selections began, I got charged before a single post happened on the board about anyone being selected for MSG.  I had picked BA.  From the evidence we had during the drawing, it was a logical conclusion that I had a very high chance of getting GA since my name was chosen so early and we had seen the pattern.  Sure enough, when tickets came today, I had GA.  My member number did not factor into it.  It was pure, dumb luck. Had my name been chosen later, I could have received reserved seats.  THEN and ONLY THEN would my member number matter.
    You don't have to yell at me, Mickey Mouse. This isn't my first lottery. I know the difference between a NAME being pulled and seats in reserved being assigned. I understand SENIORITY has nothing to do with a name being pulled.
    Forgive me for missing the exact explanation of BRAND NEW OPTION OF BEST AVAILABLE over tens of THOUSANDS of posts that have occurred since this started.
    You know what would be WONDERFUL?
    If 10 Club put out a SIMPLE OFFICIAL  explanation instead of SPECULATION on the boards based on inferences about when your credit card was charged. FFS. Time to leave. Good night.
    Post edited by what dreams on
  • CO278952CO278952 Posts: 1,347
    sean9769 said:
    Taft said:
    smak said:

You don't have to yell at me, Mickey Mouse. This isn't my first lottery. I know the difference between a NAME being pulled and seats in reserved being assigned. I understand SENIORITY has nothing to do with a name being pulled.
    Forgive me for missing the exact explanation of BRAND NEW OPTION OF BEST AVAILABLE over tens of THOUSANDS of posts that have occurred since this started.
    If 10 Club put out a SIMPLE OFFICIAL  explanation instead of SPECULATION on the boards based on inferences about when your credit card was charged. FFS. Time to leave. Good night.
    I don’t think he is yelling at you. I think he’s using caps to emphasize / explain that the NAMES are drawn at random from ONE pool of entries for that show’s tickets. Tickets are assigned based on the selected ticket type of the lucky person whose name was drawn. 
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden 07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa 5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin 9.3.24 MSG 9.4.24 MSG Fenway 9.15.24 Fenway 9.17.24
    sean9769 said:
    Taft said:
    smak said:

BA wasn’t the hardest thing to figure out. In fact it was pretty simple. The meaning of it is right there in the name. 

10C owes no one an explanation. Everything makes sense. There’s a handful of dense people who don’t get it, and who keep asking and asking in different threads. Then it’s explained to them, over and over, and they still speculate on something else, or try to find another reason that it doesn’t sense.  
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
    CO278952 said:
    sean9769 said:
    Taft said:
    smak said:

I don’t think he is yelling at you. I think he’s using caps to emphasize / explain that the NAMES are drawn at random from ONE pool of entries for that show’s tickets. Tickets are assigned based on the selected ticket type of the lucky person whose name was drawn. 
    Exactly.
  • KC2917KC2917 Posts: 872
    RH1500 said:
    KC2917 said:
    That’s night 1. Pit night 2. 
    Nice...congrats.  What’s your member number?  Must be super low.  I’m row 7 with 70xxx.
    What are your seat numbers? I’m wondering if they put lower numbers in the seats closer to the stage? Mine are all the way on the end. 
  • LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 810

It's step 4. Personally thought it was very clear, could have selected GA, Res or both (BA). When both were selected during the lottery, it populated the BA option automatically. How could anyone have thought it was any way other than way it was. Flabbergasted...or flabbergutted?

Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • TN49724TN49724 Posts: 102
    sean9769 said:
    Taft said:
    smak said:

This looks accurate.  It was like clockwork when they first sent out confirms and how that correlated to who got GA v RES today.   

And that makes perfect sense and is how you would have to do it.  It couldn’t be done any other way (logically)  Why would you start with the worst seats and work to the best?  You wouldn’t.  Do the drawings, send out the emails right after.  

The only wrinkle is who ultimately had the say so as to what ‘best’ was.  Site seats vs back floor seats.  
  • VOLAREVOLARE Posts: 314
    Thank you all for sharing seats and numbers. In retrospect I scared myself away from MSG. looking at the seating chart I was convinced I would be in the rafters based on my number. But now I see had I won a lottery seat I would have had an incredible seat. Cost of travel scared me since I can’t see that far! Next time I am all in!
    8-28-92 Harriet Island
    6-16-93 University Theatre, UM
    2-8-95 Adams Field House
    6-20-98 Washington-Grizzly Stadium
    5-28-03 Adams Field House
    8-29-05 Adams Field House
    7-22-06 Gorge Amphitheater
    9-3-11 Alpine Valley
    9-30-12 Adams Field House
    10-31-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    11-01-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    9-6-13 Key Arena
    6-20-14 Milan
    6-22-14 Trieste
    11-28-15 Mexico City
  • smaksmak Posts: 232
    edited February 2020
    This is more complicated than people are saying.

They choose section cutoffs.  So a section closer to the stage you might be in row 13, and the next person in line might be in the next section row 4.

Which is better?  One section closer to the stage, or 9 rows closer to the floor?    
    Everybody has their own opinion which of those is better.

Also, for floor seats, some arenas GA is twice or 3 times the length as others.

So some people's front and center floor are way closer than other arenas.  So those front center floors in an arena with a big floor are people way back in seniority compared to another arena with a tiny floor

Myself, I would have chosen floor center in LA, because the GA is tiny.  But in OKC I would have chosen close wings, because the GA is big.
    Post edited by smak on
  • ...sooooo  - did anyone not get their ticket notifications today?  I received the you won tickets email for SD, LA 1, LA 2, and Oak 1 - and my credit card was charged for all 4 shows - but I didn't get any ticket notification emails today...not in spam filter, not in ticketmaster account, nothing...