First preview of Gigaton!

Comments

• pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    Okay I have a few questions about this event since I’ll never probably attend one?

How loud is the music played? Do people keep talking or is everyone stopped and listening? How good is the sound system (meaning does it sound primo or is it just coming from the DJ/PA system.) Is it tables or is everyone standing and listening? 

Sorry if these are stupid questions but I’ve always wondered what they do at big time listening parties. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • RenfieldRenfield Posts: 1,054
    CROJAM95 said:
    A little pee just came out. They are really going ballz deep on this one, happy for them. You should take a lap when you create something beautiful 
    :lol:
  • RenfieldRenfield Posts: 1,054

The only photo I got... 

I wouldn’t say retrograde is too similar to either of those songs but it’s got more of a mellow mid tempo vibe and the album ending with River Cross is phenomenal. It’s really beautiful with the band behind Ed on the organ. Comes then goes is for sure a highlight and the first 3 songs are killer up tempo rockers. Get stoked people!!!!
    Such a fabulous story... good for you!! Loving every word you have said. Thank you ❤️
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    I actually just got home from working this event... I'm a bartender at Neuehouse in LA. I had no idea it was happening until i get in today and about shit my pants when i realized what was happening today... the album is insane... It's really, really REALLY GOOD!! Ed was the only one from the band there and was introduced by the president of Republic records and then introduced Josh Evans. He was in great spirits and was drinking a lot of Tequila... haha. He walked around the room pouring shots for the guests as the record played. First impression is that it is their best since at least Avocado if not RIot act. I feel so lucky to be able to have heard it... and get paid to boot. Also seen Ed and his daughter in the back halls of Neuehouse afterwards heading out.
    This is amazing!!  You lucky SOB!!  I definitely would have shit my pants!!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,780
    Any Hor d’oeuvres
  • JK109224JK109224 Posts: 604
    Is it better than the last 3 records?
    Come to send, not condescend...
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    Ugh, I can't wait 2 more months, I want it now!
  • H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Posts: 1,597
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:
    I actually just got home from working this event... I'm a bartender at Neuehouse in LA. I had no idea it was happening until i get in today and about shit my pants when i realized what was happening today... the album is insane... It's really, really REALLY GOOD!! Ed was the only one from the band there and was introduced by the president of Republic records and then introduced Josh Evans. He was in great spirits and was drinking a lot of Tequila... haha. He walked around the room pouring shots for the guests as the record played. First impression is that it is their best since at least Avocado if not RIot act. I feel so lucky to be able to have heard it... and get paid to boot. Also seen Ed and his daughter in the back halls of Neuehouse afterwards heading out.
    That’s awesome. It looks like your commute really sucks so I’m glad it was worth it this time!
    Moved to LA in July... traffic back to Silverlake after was abit thick with traffic tonight tho ;)
    Also happy birthday. 
    Thank you! It was a nice birthday surprise!!
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,394
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:
    That’s awesome. It looks like your commute really sucks so I’m glad it was worth it this time!
    Moved to LA in July... traffic back to Silverlake after was abit thick with traffic tonight tho ;)
    Also happy birthday. 
    Thank you! It was a nice birthday surprise!!
    Not sure how you will ever top that birthday!! Happy bday man!!
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Im fuckin buzzed by this.  Ok im not a fan so to speak of ballard tracks but im open. And i am mine.!
    I am ready
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Posts: 1,597
    CROJAM95 said:
    Any Hor d’oeuvres
    Yes. Passed apps and tequila... lots of tequila!
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • so far nobodys mentioned anything on how this will be universals first dolby atmos release...
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,352
    Who was invited to this listening party?  The funny thing is, I live in L.A. and, at dinner tonight in Studio City, I looked at someone sitting across from me and, for a second, thought, "Wait, is that Eddie?"  It wasn't him, but obviously my PJ Spidey Sense was attuned to the fact that he was in the area.  :)
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • JK109224JK109224 Posts: 604
    "Best effort since Yield" has been a phrase used by reviewers ever since Yield.
    Come to send, not condescend...
  • JK109224 said:
    "Best effort since Yield" has been a phrase used by reviewers ever since Yield.
    However considering the depths of the latest single it seems like like either way, this very well might be
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    so far nobodys mentioned anything on how this will be universals first dolby atmos release...
    Im just trying to see how u take advantage of this.  5.1 system?  Two amazon studio echos?  I dont really know anything about it.  

• j3brow1j3brow1 Posts: 37
    so far nobodys mentioned anything on how this will be universals first dolby atmos release...
    ^^^ this. I was so excited to read that the album was presented in Dolby atmos. This is as unexpected as the musical direction of DotC!! Never imagined I’d have the opportunity to hear a new PJ album mixed in surround sound, having recently completed a listening room build that includes Atmos, I’m beyond pumped for Gigaton.  If they went through the time and expense of expressively mixing the album in surround and they made sure the first public advance screening had a atmos capabilities, there must be a blu-ray audio only version to be made available?!??! I don’t see a Blu-ray pre-order anywhere at this point. Gotta believe. 
    the all encompassing trip
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Posts: 3,462
    Happy birthday!
    what an excellent way to wake up over here, can’t wait for March!!
  • That's great man!

Hey, I think you still need to pay your fantasy football league fee. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • I actually just got home from working this event... I'm a bartender at Neuehouse in LA. I had no idea it was happening until i get in today and about shit my pants when i realized what was happening today... the album is insane... It's really, really REALLY GOOD!! Ed was the only one from the band there and was introduced by the president of Republic records and then introduced Josh Evans. He was in great spirits and was drinking a lot of Tequila... haha. He walked around the room pouring shots for the guests as the record played. First impression is that it is their best since at least Avocado if not RIot act. I feel so lucky to be able to have heard it... and get paid to boot. Also seen Ed and his daughter in the back halls of Neuehouse afterwards heading out.
    coooooooool!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,335
    Greer encouraged the band to mix “Gigaton” in Dolby Atmos and present it in that format at today’s playback to highlight Evans’ production work. Indeed, “Gigaton” is believed to be the first album released by the Universal Music Group in Dolby Atmos sound. “It’s such a unique way to experience the album and appreciate the level of effort the band put into it,” says Greer.

"Dolby Atmos is a new audio format for creating and playing back multichannel movie soundtracks. It was developed to give movie sound a more three-dimensional effect. Traditional 5.1- and 7.1-channel surround setups deliver captivating sound using speakers placed all around your room.

The biggest difference between Dolby Atmos and traditional surround sound is the use of channels. Audio over conventional surround sound is confined to 5.1 (five speakers, one subwoofer) or 7.1 (seven speakers, one subwoofer) channels. ... Dolby Atmos ditches the channels and assigns the sound objects to a place.

You will need at least two speakers, either overhead or Dolby Atmos enabled, that can generate overhead sound and objects. For the best experience of Dolby Atmos, we recommend four speakers.

Can't wait! :)

• QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635
    Perfect setting for the debut. Very historic LA building. 
    Taken from the rooftop several years ago when my daughter had an office there. 

"The world's first structure built intentionally for broadcast." 

Nice shirt.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    edited January 2020
    From twitter:
    A few more details I didn’t have room for in the piece: - The audio clip heard in the #Gigaton AR billboards is taken from the intro of “Who Ever Said.” - Eddie Vedder on producer Josh Evans: “He did an incredible job and we really enjoyed the process.”
  • euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    From twitter:
    A few more details I didn’t have room for in the piece: - The audio clip heard in the #Gigaton AR billboards is taken from the intro of “Who Ever Said.” - Eddie Vedder on producer Josh Evans: “He did an incredible job and we really enjoyed the process.”
    I assumed it was based on this video showing track 1 being played.. though not sure of which side of course... but assumed :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sBhTEUobsI
  • demetrios said:
    Greer encouraged the band to mix “Gigaton” in Dolby Atmos and present it in that format at today’s playback to highlight Evans’ production work. Indeed, “Gigaton” is believed to be the first album released by the Universal Music Group in Dolby Atmos sound. “It’s such a unique way to experience the album and appreciate the level of effort the band put into it,” says Greer.

"Dolby Atmos is a new audio format for creating and playing back multichannel movie soundtracks. It was developed to give movie sound a more three-dimensional effect. Traditional 5.1- and 7.1-channel surround setups deliver captivating sound using speakers placed all around your room.

The biggest difference between Dolby Atmos and traditional surround sound is the use of channels. Audio over conventional surround sound is confined to 5.1 (five speakers, one subwoofer) or 7.1 (seven speakers, one subwoofer) channels. ... Dolby Atmos ditches the channels and assigns the sound objects to a place.

You will need at least two speakers, either overhead or Dolby Atmos enabled, that can generate overhead sound and objects. For the best experience of Dolby Atmos, we recommend four speakers.

Can't wait! :)

iPhone 11’s work for Dolby Atmos — 🤷‍♂️

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/dolby-atmos-explained,news-26573.html
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,790
    I can't wait two months! :angry::tongue:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Posts: 2,550
    knik said:
    https://variety.com/2020/music/news/pearl-jam-eddie-vedder-unveils-new-album-gigaton-1203479780/

"...arguably the band’s strongest and most diverse work since 1998’s “Yield.”!

Can't wait to listen to the whole thing!
    So pumped! 
  • knik said:
    https://variety.com/2020/music/news/pearl-jam-eddie-vedder-unveils-new-album-gigaton-1203479780/

"...arguably the band’s strongest and most diverse work since 1998’s “Yield.”!

Can't wait to listen to the whole thing!
    No dreaded 'ukulele' mentions! Thank Jeebus ...maybe someone finally took it away from Ed.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,791
    edited January 2020
    Im just trying to see how u take advantage of this.  5.1 system?  Two amazon studio echos?  I dont really know anything about it.  

You're gonna need this

Echo Studio - High-fidelity smart speaker with 3D audio and Alexa

https://amzn.to/2RsHm5T
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • spankyMPspankyMP Posts: 1,756
    igotid88 said:

You're gonna need this

Echo Studio - High-fidelity smart speaker with 3D audio and Alexa

https://amzn.to/2RsHm5T
    Ordered!
    Randall's Island 9/29/96, Continental Arena 9/8/98, MSG 9/10/98, Jones Beach 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, Nassau Coliseum 4/30/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Continental Arena 6/1/06, 6/3/06, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, Spectrum 10/30/09, 10/31/09, MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Global Citizen 9/26/15, Raleigh 4/20/16 :( Baltimore 3/28/20 :( Austin 9/18/23, 9/19/23, Forum 5/21/24, Baltimore 9/12/24, Fenway 9/17/24