First preview of Gigaton!

1235»

Comments

• nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,351
    nycrats said:
    What kind of tequila though?!
    We had Luna Azul Blanco behind our bars but Ed's bottle was a Casamigos Anejo i believe...
    Ed going correctly....you make great margs with blanco but shoot Anejo.
    (Not that a good blanco can't be shipped/shot but this is where Anejo stands out)
    Ed knows his booze.  ;)
    While yes this is true, I personally feel like casamigos is overrated.  It’s good, but people love the marketing. I love tequila and am a bit of a nerd. 
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1 '21 Jersey Shore '22 MSG  '24: MSG1, MSG2
  • KN219077KN219077 Posts: 1,071
    Remember when people heard Sirens beforehand and said it was a new Black?

Good times
    This is why I am extremely skeptical of initial praise for any new album! It happens with pretty much every new release. Great albums usually take a couple of years to settle in and they often make a portion of a fan base a little uncomfortable.
  • my_wavemy_wave Posts: 346
    KN219077 said:

Good times
    This is why I am extremely skeptical of initial praise for any new album! It happens with pretty much every new release. Great albums usually take a couple of years to settle in and they often make a portion of a fan base a little uncomfortable.
    like no code
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
  • nycrats said:
    nycrats said:
    We had Luna Azul Blanco behind our bars but Ed's bottle was a Casamigos Anejo i believe...
    (Not that a good blanco can't be shipped/shot but this is where Anejo stands out)
    Ed knows his booze.  ;)
    While yes this is true, I personally feel like casamigos is overrated.  It’s good, but people love the marketing. I love tequila and am a bit of a nerd. 

I would have gone with a Don Julio Anejo 1942 (straight from the freezer, poured into Himalayan salt shot glasses) but I am not a tequila nerd, I just know what consistently has the best shots out of the 3 types I usually see behind a bar.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,355
    nycrats said:
    nycrats said:
    Ed knows his booze.  ;)

I would have gone with a Don Julio Anejo 1942 (straight from the freezer, poured into Himalayan salt shot glasses) but I am not a tequila nerd, I just know what consistently has the best shots out of the 3 types I usually see behind a bar.

I love 1942...its a sipper for me though, not shooting it.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    nycrats said:
    nycrats said:
    Ed knows his booze.  ;)
    Casamigos Anejo is my favorite shooter. Nothing to do with the marketing, Clooney thing, or whatever. The stuff is just smooth. 

1942 was the biggest waste of money I’ve ever experienced for tequila. I found it harsh, bitter, and unenjoyable, both at room temp and chilled. 

These are, of course, my opinions only. YMMV. 
  • erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    my_wave said:
    KN219077 said:

Good times
    like no code
    And Binaural & Riot Act -  I've got high hopes for GIGATON after hearing DotC and reading what's been said about it so far. It's been a long time since a PJ album has stayed in steady rotation instead of just listening to the live shows from the album Tours. 
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,355
    Lostpawn said:
    nycrats said:
    nycrats said:
    Ed knows his booze.  ;)
    Casamigos Anejo is my favorite shooter. Nothing to do with the marketing, Clooney thing, or whatever. The stuff is just smooth. 

1942 was the biggest waste of money I’ve ever experienced for tequila. I found it harsh, bitter, and unenjoyable, both at room temp and chilled. 

These are, of course, my opinions only. YMMV. 
    Ouch.  Plus I never understand drinking a liquor chilled...

I'll have to try that other tequila as I think 1942 is smooth already.  But I'm more of a craft beer and bourbon guy.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Tequila is best served from the freezer, in my opinion.  Not a tequila nerd, as nycrats claimed to be, so would be interested to hear.

TI -- I would drink tequila from Ed at a listening event and trust he had some good stuff for me - and I would love it!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    my_wave said:
    KN219077 said:

Good times
    like no code
    Bingo! I was just thinking about this yesterday and that's so true. It started to make me worry a bit.
  • WMAmoricanWMAmorican Posts: 247
    edited January 2020
    Nice to hear there are at least a couple solid McCready solos...I dig the new single, but with no solo I was a bit worried the "new sound" might not include ripping lead guitar.

Anyway, regarding the line, "Produced by the group in tandem with longtime collaborator Josh Evans..." I'd never heard of him, I do see he's credited on LB for in-studio guitar tech, is there anything else known about his association with the band?
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    Nice to hear there are at least a couple solid McCready solos...I dig the new single, but with no solo I was a bit worried the "new sound" might not include ripping lead guitar.

Anyway, regarding the line, "Produced by the group in tandem with longtime collaborator Josh Evans..." I'd never heard of him, I do see he's credited on LB for in-studio guitar tech, is there anything else known about his association with the band?
    He has been Booms organ tech for many years.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • spankyMPspankyMP Posts: 1,756
    Just set up my echo studio. It thumps! Vocals are haunting throughout and guitar really stands out more than before.
    Randall's Island 9/29/96, Continental Arena 9/8/98, MSG 9/10/98, Jones Beach 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, Nassau Coliseum 4/30/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Continental Arena 6/1/06, 6/3/06, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, Spectrum 10/30/09, 10/31/09, MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Global Citizen 9/26/15, Raleigh 4/20/16 :( Baltimore 3/28/20 :( Austin 9/18/23, 9/19/23, Forum 5/21/24, Baltimore 9/12/24, Fenway 9/17/24
  • JG108535JG108535 Posts: 187
    Even thinking of Sirens makes me cringe.
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,352
    Does anyone know who received invitations to this listening party?
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,791

Good times
    It is
    I miss igotid88
  • rider10rider10 Posts: 41
    igotid88 said:

Good times
    It is
    Yeah like it isn't as good of a song as black but it does have a very similar structure.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,154
    edited January 2020
    igotid88 said:

Good times
    It is

Just want to point out - I love Sirens. Top 3 moment for me of the 2014 Sthlm show.
    https://youtu.be/E7zPcF5nNcs
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Stop shitting on Sirens... It's a beautiful song!
  • TinaETinaE Posts: 1,492
    Stop shitting on Sirens... It's a beautiful song!

Oh yes, that`s true!
    Berlin 07/05/2018; Berlin 06/21/2022; Frankfurt 06/28/2022
    Eddie Vedder Düsseldorf 06/30/2019
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."