First preview of Gigaton!

knikknik Posts: 94
https://variety.com/2020/music/news/pearl-jam-eddie-vedder-unveils-new-album-gigaton-1203479780/

"...arguably the band’s strongest and most diverse work since 1998’s “Yield.”!

Can't wait to listen to the whole thing!

Comments

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,791
    Jonathan Cohen is a fan though. His reviews are usually positive. Remember him from the Billboard days. He used to be the music booker at Fallon as well
    I miss igotid88
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,394
    Vedder said he is particularly proud of the lyrics on track “Seven O’Clock,” which evokes trippy, Pink Floyd vibes and finds him in full falsetto as the song winds down.

:o
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    Interesting. Thanks for posting. 
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • KN219077KN219077 Posts: 1,071
    Vedder said he is particularly proud of the lyrics on track “Seven O’Clock,” which evokes trippy, Pink Floyd vibes and finds him in full falsetto as the song winds down.

So you’re saying it will not be good live?!
  • brookelilybrookelily Bethel Park, PA Posts: 238
    I know it’s promotion, but they seem EXTREMELY proud and confident of this record.

from the marketing in Times Square, to Stone’s interview, Jeff’s comments, and this listening party.
    8/16/92
    9/24/96, 9/28/96
    8/25/98, 9/18/98
    9/5/00
    4/26/03
    6/23/06
    10/28/09
    10/11/13, 10/12/13
    10/1/14
    9/2/18, 9/4/18
    9/18/21
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,791

+1
    I miss igotid88
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    I didnt think i could get more excited 

man
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    Looking good! My wife is going to love Retrograde by the sounds of it. 

“Gigaton” concludes with two exquisitely layered, slow-burning tracks. “Retrograde,” which dates back to recording sessions from 2017, is reminiscent of 2010-era Pearl Jam singles such as “Just Breathe” and “Sirens.” The song builds to a massive crescendo as Vedder repeatedly bellows the phrase “feel the sound.”
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,450
    I didnt think i could get more excited 

man
    !!!
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • So after reading that review it looks like this is River Cross, the last song the album ...Im sure it will sound different a bit with the whole band playing on it, but at least its an idea of what it will sound like. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J5I1BAmESs
    2023 Austin 1 & 2
    Ottawa 09/03
    MSG 1 & 2
    2013 Brooklyn (10/18, 10/19) Philadelphia (10/21, 10/22)
    2012 Atlanta 09/22
    2009 Albany 06/08 (Eddie Solo)
    2008 Bonnaroo 6/14
    2006 Albany 05/12
    2005 Philadelphia 10/03
    2000 Saratoga Springs 08/27
    Best album since yield is music to my ears
    So after reading that review it looks like this is River Cross, the last song the album ...Im sure it will sound different a bit with the whole band playing on it, but at least its an idea of what it will sound like. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J5I1BAmESs
    Studio album is almost 2 minutes longer too. 
  • H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Posts: 1,597
    I actually just got home from working this event... I'm a bartender at Neuehouse in LA. I had no idea it was happening until i get in today and about shit my pants when i realized what was happening today... the album is insane... It's really, really REALLY GOOD!! Ed was the only one from the band there and was introduced by the president of Republic records and then introduced Josh Evans. He was in great spirits and was drinking a lot of Tequila... haha. He walked around the room pouring shots for the guests as the record played. First impression is that it is their best since at least Avocado if not RIot act. I feel so lucky to be able to have heard it... and get paid to boot. Also seen Ed and his daughter in the back halls of Neuehouse afterwards heading out.
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
    I actually just got home from working this event... I'm a bartender at Neuehouse in LA. I had no idea it was happening until i get in today and about shit my pants when i realized what was happening today... the album is insane... It's really, really REALLY GOOD!! Ed was the only one from the band there and was introduced by the president of Republic records and then introduced Josh Evans. He was in great spirits and was drinking a lot of Tequila... haha. He walked around the room pouring shots for the guests as the record played. First impression is that it is their best since at least Avocado if not RIot act. I feel so lucky to be able to have heard it... and get paid to boot. Also seen Ed and his daughter in the back halls of Neuehouse afterwards heading out.
    Holy shit this is amazing! 
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,394
    That’s awesome man!! What an unexpected gift!

So glad to hear the album is good!!! They do seem really proud of it, so so excited. Cmon 3/26!!
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • I actually just got home from working this event... I'm a bartender at Neuehouse in LA. I had no idea it was happening until i get in today and about shit my pants when i realized what was happening today... the album is insane... It's really, really REALLY GOOD!! Ed was the only one from the band there and was introduced by the president of Republic records and then introduced Josh Evans. He was in great spirits and was drinking a lot of Tequila... haha. He walked around the room pouring shots for the guests as the record played. First impression is that it is their best since at least Avocado if not RIot act. I feel so lucky to be able to have heard it... and get paid to boot. Also seen Ed and his daughter in the back halls of Neuehouse afterwards heading out.

That's awesome. 
    @H.Chinaski 

Was Renagade really like Sirens/Just Breathe? 
  • I actually just got home from working this event... I'm a bartender at Neuehouse in LA. I had no idea it was happening until i get in today and about shit my pants when i realized what was happening today... the album is insane... It's really, really REALLY GOOD!! Ed was the only one from the band there and was introduced by the president of Republic records and then introduced Josh Evans. He was in great spirits and was drinking a lot of Tequila... haha. He walked around the room pouring shots for the guests as the record played. First impression is that it is their best since at least Avocado if not RIot act. I feel so lucky to be able to have heard it... and get paid to boot. Also seen Ed and his daughter in the back halls of Neuehouse afterwards heading out.
    Very cool and glad to hear the album should be better than the last couple! Makes me a lot more excited.
  • marjenmarjen Posts: 807
    Well sirens is nothing like just breathe so....
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    What an awesome experience man! Good for you and thanks for sharing. I could not be more pumped to hear the album. 

The only photo I got... 

I wouldn’t say retrograde is too similar to either of those songs but it’s got more of a mellow mid tempo vibe and the album ending with River Cross is phenomenal. It’s really beautiful with the band behind Ed on the organ. Comes then goes is for sure a highlight and the first 3 songs are killer up tempo rockers. Get stoked people!!!!
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/

The only photo I got... 

I wouldn’t say retrograde is too similar to either of those songs but it’s got more of a mellow mid tempo vibe and the album ending with River Cross is phenomenal. It’s really beautiful with the band behind Ed on the organ. Comes then goes is for sure a highlight and the first 3 songs are killer up tempo rockers. Get stoked people!!!!
    Fuck ya! 

River Cross is my most hyped song right now. Can't wait to hear the studio version. You are one lucky fucker!
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    That’s awesome. It looks like your commute really sucks so I’m glad it was worth it this time!
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
    tdawe said:
    That’s awesome. It looks like your commute really sucks so I’m glad it was worth it this time!
    Moved to LA in July... traffic back to Silverlake after was abit thick with traffic tonight tho ;)
    tdawe said:
    Moved to LA in July... traffic back to Silverlake after was abit thick with traffic tonight tho ;)
    I feel for you. I was out in LA (from NY) for a couple of days last month and the traffic was only marginally less frustrating than waiting in the Ticketmaster queues the last couple mornings. 
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
    tdawe said:
    Also happy birthday. 
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:
    I feel for you. I was out in LA (from NY) for a couple of days last month and the traffic was only marginally less frustrating than waiting in the Ticketmaster queues the last couple mornings. 
    Ha... i feel ya there man. I've put in my hours waiting outside MSG on a show day with no tickets... Went 2 for 2 at the Forum this time though!

The only photo I got... 

😳😳😳 we are
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,780
    A little pee just came out. They are really going ballz deep on this one, happy for them. You should take a lap when you create something beautiful 
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 897
    edited January 2020
    OMG so pumped after reading this