Options

The coronavirus

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542
    Well with issues from Astrozenica and J&J you can’t be too upset with those arguing the vaccines are rushed.   
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    OnWis97 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mickeyrat said:
    FDA and CDC recommends a pause in administering the J&J vaccine to investigate a reported 6 deaths from blood clots within 2 weeks of receiving the shot. Age range of the women was 18-48...

https://news.yahoo.com/fda-recommends-pausing-j-j-112111409.html

The U.S. FDA on Tuesday recommended an immediate halt of the use of Johnson & Johnson's COVID-19 vaccine, citing cases of a rare blood clot disorder that six w...

This is concerning.

The optics are more concerning than the reality. I don't think the media is savvy enough to frame this for what it is; a risk on one of the three vaccines that is like 1/1000 the risk of a blood clot with COVID. The pause is OK, but the worst part is that it's likely to scare some uncertain people off from any vaccine. Kinda like when I was a kid in the 1980s and older folks that grew up without seatbelts would not wear them because they heard a story about someone being trapped in their car by a seatbelt. The math was against them, but they were primed for an excuse.
    agreed
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,802
    edited April 2021
    tish said:
    Not sure I agree with this last part of your wife's statement, Mic. Can you expand?
    she thinks or has read jannsen pissed off the previous admin and that j&j has been on the outscwith gop for quite some time.

similar to AZ. think it was oftenreading posted the percentage of dead vs number of shots then posted other percentages for everyday shit we dont blink an eye at. AZ dead

J&J stock has taken a big hit as a result.

so they said 6 known dead within the first 2 weeks of injection. 6.8 million doses given. whats that, 1 for every 1.15 million?

I dont mean to minimize these tragedies at all. sure their families are heart broken.

greater good argument at play here I think. what we are seeing really with all of them at this point is real time trials on a very wide scale.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    OnWis97 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mickeyrat said:
    FDA and CDC recommends a pause in administering the J&J vaccine to investigate a reported 6 deaths from blood clots within 2 weeks of receiving the shot. Age range of the women was 18-48...

The U.S. FDA on Tuesday recommended an immediate halt of the use of Johnson & Johnson's COVID-19 vaccine, citing cases of a rare blood clot disorder that six w...

This is concerning.

The optics are more concerning than the reality. I don't think the media is savvy enough to frame this for what it is; a risk on one of the three vaccines that is like 1/1000 the risk of a blood clot with COVID. The pause is OK, but the worst part is that it's likely to scare some uncertain people off from any vaccine. Kinda like when I was a kid in the 1980s and older folks that grew up without seatbelts would not wear them because they heard a story about someone being trapped in their car by a seatbelt. The math was against them, but they were primed for an excuse.
    Agreed.

From the CDC (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/adverse-events.html):

Reports of death after COVID-19 vaccination

To date, Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) has not detected patterns in cause of death that would indicate a safety problem with COVID-19 vaccines.

• FDA requires vaccination providers to report any death after COVID-19 vaccination to VAERS.
    • Reports of death to VAERS following vaccination do not necessarily mean the vaccine caused the death.
    • CDC follows up on any report of death to request additional information and learn more about what occurred and to determine whether the death was a result of the vaccine or unrelated.
    • CDC, FDA, and other federal partners will continue to monitor the safety of COVID-19 vaccines.

Over 167 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through April 5, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 2,794 reports of death (0.00167%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine. CDC and FDA physicians review each case report of death as soon as notified and CDC requests medical records to further assess reports. A review of available clinical information including death certificates, autopsy, and medical records revealed no evidence that vaccination contributed to patient deaths. CDC and FDA will continue to investigate reports of adverse events, including deaths, reported to VAERS.

'05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496
    edited April 2021
    mickeyrat said:
    tish said:
    Not sure I agree with this last part of your wife's statement, Mic. Can you expand?
    she thinks or has read jannsen pissed off the previous admin and that j&j has been on the outscwith gop for quite some time.

similar to AZ. think it was oftenreading posted the percentage of dead vs number of shots then posted other percentages for everyday shit we dont blink an eye at. AZ dead

so they said 6 known dead within the first 2 weeks of injection. 6.8 million doses given. whats that, 1 for every 1.15 million?

I dont mean to minimize these tragedies at all. sure their families are heart broken.

greater good argument at play here I think. what we are seeing really with all of them at this point is real time trials on a very wide scale.

So, you're about as likely to get a fusilli jerry lodged in your rectum as you are to get a blood clot from the J&J vaccine. Got it. 

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    tish said:

So, you're about as likely to get a fusilli jerry lodged in your rectum as you are to get a blood clot from the J&J vaccine. Got it. 

unless you're into that sorta thing....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    mickeyrat said:
    tish said:

One in a million, doc.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    gvn2fly1421gvn2fly1421 Posts: 935
    mickeyrat said:
    tish said:

I love that this board sees anything opposed to their own political views as "conspiracy" or "Q" type stuff, yet this guy posts a literal conspiracy theory and gets no backlash because it aligns with the collective views.  Got it.  Wife is a nurse read jannsen pissed off the previous admin and "j&j has been on the outscwith gop for quite some time." and the stock is tanking.  Yep, checks out.

BTW, if only somebody around here expressed hesitancy to taking these vaccines....  Some more interesting reading below, and I would recommend going to her twitter feed as she is a big liberal, on some of the effects of the vaccines.

• Options
    Well with issues from Astrozenica and J&J you can’t be too upset with those arguing the vaccines are rushed.   
    Forest Gump GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    mickeyrat said:
    bbiggs said:
    mickeyrat said:

This is concerning.

wife is a nurse. says age range is prime birth control time. said this group is already susceptible to clots because of bc . thinks somebody may have it out for j&j.....
    Definitely could be... I think that's why you pause, to try to correlate information.  Although 6 is such a small number, it may be difficult to draw any conclusions..
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    tish said:

I love that this board sees anything opposed to their own political views as "conspiracy" or "Q" type stuff, yet this guy posts a literal conspiracy theory and gets no backlash because it aligns with the collective views.  Got it.  Wife is a nurse read jannsen pissed off the previous admin and "j&j has been on the outscwith gop for quite some time." and the stock is tanking.  Yep, checks out.

BTW, if only somebody around here expressed hesitancy to taking these vaccines....  Some more interesting reading below, and I would recommend going to her twitter feed as she is a big liberal, on some of the effects of the vaccines.

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,025
    Friends wife who was in respirator, is back home now. Hopefully she'll be fine.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Friends wife who was in respirator, is back home now. Hopefully she'll be fine.
    Good news man, glad to hear it. 

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,512
    Enjoy..

Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    Enjoy..

gtfoh with that shit. Russia Today.....

• Options
    What a strange comment. 
  • Options
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542
    Forest Gump GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
    Haha.  Gotta be fair and balanced. 
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    Are you arguing that the vaccines should be free from the manufacturers, they should be 0 profit, 0 loss, or that they should be able to make a profit.  Make a clear argument here, for once. 
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,616
    mickeyrat said:
    tish said:

It’s just dumb. Live your life, man.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    tish said:

What conspiracy theory here?
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    No, this is incorrect and misunderstands how the research for these products occurs. 

For the Phase III studies alone, more than 165,000 participants in total were enrolled (combining Pfizer, Moderna, AZ and Janssen). It’s my understanding that only one blood clot issue occurred, and that was with the Janssen vaccine. The study was halted while it was investigated and then restarted. 

The clots of concern we see now did not show up until many more than 10 million people had been vaccinated. There is zero chance that these potential side effects would have been discovered without massive roll out worldwide, which means that no matter how slowly the vaccines were developed, we would not have known about this as a potential issue. 

It’s also worth noting that the “new” vaccines, the mRNA vaccines, do not appear to have this potential side effect. It’s only the vaccines using tried and true technologies that have caused concern. They would not have had any greater oversight had vaccine development taken years, not months. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    No, this is incorrect and misunderstands how the research for these products occurs. 

For the Phase III studies alone, more than 165,000 participants in total were enrolled (combining Pfizer, Moderna, AZ and Janssen). It’s my understanding that only one blood clot issue occurred, and that was with the Janssen vaccine. The study was halted while it was investigated and then restarted. 

The clots of concern we see now did not show up until many more than 10 million people had been vaccinated. There is zero chance that these potential side effects would have been discovered without massive roll out worldwide, which means that no matter how slowly the vaccines were developed, we would not have known about this as a potential issue. 

It’s also worth noting that the “new” vaccines, the mRNA vaccines, do not appear to have this potential side effect. It’s only the vaccines using tried and true technologies that have caused concern. They would not have had any greater oversight had vaccine development taken years, not months. 
    Can you please just take your facts and information and move along?  We only traffic in conspiracies. 
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    tish said:

Mickeyrat's not known for shitposting. 

Cry about it. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:
    Are you arguing that the vaccines should be free from the manufacturers, they should be 0 profit, 0 loss, or that they should be able to make a profit.  Make a clear argument here, for once. 
    Same price for everyone and we do not increase prices in just 3-4 months..
    clear??
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    mickeyrat said:
    tish said:

6 cases, not 6 deaths; 1 death and 1 person seriously ill at this point. 

I won’t comment on the rest as I have no info on it. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,616
    mrussel1 said:

Can you please just take your facts and information and move along?  We only traffic in conspiracies. 
    And dolls. Show us again where you were touched.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:
    Same price for everyone and we do not increase prices in just 3-4 months..
    clear??
    Do you think production costs are the same no matter the time, materials, shipping, etc.?  Just curious how long you have a run a business, or been involved in anything multinational? 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    tish said:

What conspiracy theory here?
    Mickey said, "His wife is a nurse (not a conspiracy) but she thinks jannsen pissed off the previous admin and that j&j has been on the outscwith gop for quite some time. (total conspiracy)".  

If I came in first thing this morning and said that "The Biden Administration is putting pressure on the FDA because Alex Gorsky voted for Trump and is a big Trump supporter and that is why they shut down the vaccine", you honestly with a straight face cannot say I would not be getting called every conspiracy thing under the sun.  

If you cannot agree with this, you are what I refer to as "too far gone".  Come back to the middle and realize neither side gives a shit about you!  It's safe here, I promise.
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    Now, if I wanted to dabble in conspiracies, I would respond to this post with...

"If you think they are making money now, wait til the 6 month boosters come out"

...but that might be too close to the truth.
This discussion has been closed.