Options

The coronavirus

Comments

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,609
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    tish said:
    Not sure I agree with this last part of your wife's statement, Mic. Can you expand?
    she thinks or has read jannsen pissed off the previous admin and that j&j has been on the outscwith gop for quite some time.

similar to AZ. think it was oftenreading posted the percentage of dead vs number of shots then posted other percentages for everyday shit we dont blink an eye at. AZ dead

J&J stock has taken a big hit as a result.

so they said 6 known dead within the first 2 weeks of injection. 6.8 million doses given. whats that, 1 for every 1.15 million?

I dont mean to minimize these tragedies at all. sure their families are heart broken.

greater good argument at play here I think. what we are seeing really with all of them at this point is real time trials on a very wide scale.

So, you're about as likely to get a fusilli jerry lodged in your rectum as you are to get a blood clot from the J&J vaccine. Got it. 

I love that this board sees anything opposed to their own political views as "conspiracy" or "Q" type stuff, yet this guy posts a literal conspiracy theory and gets no backlash because it aligns with the collective views.  Got it.  Wife is a nurse read jannsen pissed off the previous admin and "j&j has been on the outscwith gop for quite some time." and the stock is tanking.  Yep, checks out.

BTW, if only somebody around here expressed hesitancy to taking these vaccines....  Some more interesting reading below, and I would recommend going to her twitter feed as she is a big liberal, on some of the effects of the vaccines.

What conspiracy theory here?
    Mickey said, "His wife is a nurse (not a conspiracy) but she thinks jannsen pissed off the previous admin and that j&j has been on the outscwith gop for quite some time. (total conspiracy)".  

If I came in first thing this morning and said that "The Biden Administration is putting pressure on the FDA because Alex Gorsky voted for Trump and is a big Trump supporter and that is why they shut down the vaccine", you honestly with a straight face cannot say I would not be getting called every conspiracy thing under the sun.  

If you cannot agree with this, you are what I refer to as "too far gone".  Come back to the middle and realize neither side gives a shit about you!  It's safe here, I promise.
    Show us where you were touched? On the President Biden doll. Did he sniff your hair too? It’s safe here.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    gvn2fly1421gvn2fly1421 Posts: 935
    Well with issues from Astrozenica and J&J you can’t be too upset with those arguing the vaccines are rushed.   
    No, this is incorrect and misunderstands how the research for these products occurs. 

For the Phase III studies alone, more than 165,000 participants in total were enrolled (combining Pfizer, Moderna, AZ and Janssen). It’s my understanding that only one blood clot issue occurred, and that was with the Janssen vaccine. The study was halted while it was investigated and then restarted. 

The clots of concern we see now did not show up until many more than 10 million people had been vaccinated. There is zero chance that these potential side effects would have been discovered without massive roll out worldwide, which means that no matter how slowly the vaccines were developed, we would not have known about this as a potential issue. 

It’s also worth noting that the “new” vaccines, the mRNA vaccines, do not appear to have this potential side effect. It’s only the vaccines using tried and true technologies that have caused concern. They would not have had any greater oversight had vaccine development taken years, not months. 
    Do you have any opinion on the "blood clotting, stillbirths, and bizarre menses in women" that Naomi Wolf reported on yesterday?  I asked because I believe you are a woman yourself.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    tish said:
    Not sure I agree with this last part of your wife's statement, Mic. Can you expand?
    she thinks or has read jannsen pissed off the previous admin and that j&j has been on the outscwith gop for quite some time.

similar to AZ. think it was oftenreading posted the percentage of dead vs number of shots then posted other percentages for everyday shit we dont blink an eye at. AZ dead

so they said 6 known dead within the first 2 weeks of injection. 6.8 million doses given. whats that, 1 for every 1.15 million?

I dont mean to minimize these tragedies at all. sure their families are heart broken.

greater good argument at play here I think. what we are seeing really with all of them at this point is real time trials on a very wide scale.

So, you're about as likely to get a fusilli jerry lodged in your rectum as you are to get a blood clot from the J&J vaccine. Got it. 

I love that this board sees anything opposed to their own political views as "conspiracy" or "Q" type stuff, yet this guy posts a literal conspiracy theory and gets no backlash because it aligns with the collective views.  Got it.  Wife is a nurse read jannsen pissed off the previous admin and "j&j has been on the outscwith gop for quite some time." and the stock is tanking.  Yep, checks out.

BTW, if only somebody around here expressed hesitancy to taking these vaccines....  Some more interesting reading below, and I would recommend going to her twitter feed as she is a big liberal, on some of the effects of the vaccines.

Mickey said, "His wife is a nurse (not a conspiracy) but she thinks jannsen pissed off the previous admin and that j&j has been on the outscwith gop for quite some time. (total conspiracy)".  

If I came in first thing this morning and said that "The Biden Administration is putting pressure on the FDA because Alex Gorsky voted for Trump and is a big Trump supporter and that is why they shut down the vaccine", you honestly with a straight face cannot say I would not be getting called every conspiracy thing under the sun.  

If you cannot agree with this, you are what I refer to as "too far gone".  Come back to the middle and realize neither side gives a shit about you!  It's safe here, I promise.
    I don't understand what the implication is of "being on the outs with the previous admin", so I'm not quite sure how it's a conspiracy theory.  To me, to be a real conspiracy, there is collusion of parties to come up with some outcome that is not public and has some ramification, typically negative for the general public.  Hypothesizing that Trump didn't like J&J doesn't really mean much unless it had a material result.  What are you seeing as the result or implication is?

And yes, if you would say that Biden didn't like Gorsky and therefore decided to stop the J&J vaccine as soon as he could, with no evidence.. that would be a conspiracy theory, for sure.  Because it is underground, and has a materially negative result.    
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    tish said:

I don't understand what the implication is of "being on the outs with the previous admin", so I'm not quite sure how it's a conspiracy theory.  To me, to be a real conspiracy, there is collusion of parties to come up with some outcome that is not public and has some ramification, typically negative for the general public.  Hypothesizing that Trump didn't like J&J doesn't really mean much unless it had a material result.  What are you seeing as the result or implication is?

And yes, if you would say that Biden didn't like Gorsky and therefore decided to stop the J&J vaccine as soon as he could, with no evidence.. that would be a conspiracy theory, for sure.  Because it is underground, and has a materially negative result.    
    It started with someone saying "this is concerning" regarding the vaccine halt, to which Mickey replied, "wife is a nurse. says age range is prime birth control time. said this group is already susceptible to clots because of bc . thinks somebody may have it out for j&j....."  

Tish (kudos, BTW!) replies, "
    Not sure I agree with this last part of your wife's statement, Mic. Can you expand?" to which Mickey replied what he did.  

I take the bolded part above as total conspiracy, no?  And I think this may be the first time ever we may be close to an agreeance??  
  • Options
    Well with issues from Astrozenica and J&J you can’t be too upset with those arguing the vaccines are rushed.   
    No, this is incorrect and misunderstands how the research for these products occurs. 

For the Phase III studies alone, more than 165,000 participants in total were enrolled (combining Pfizer, Moderna, AZ and Janssen). It’s my understanding that only one blood clot issue occurred, and that was with the Janssen vaccine. The study was halted while it was investigated and then restarted. 

The clots of concern we see now did not show up until many more than 10 million people had been vaccinated. There is zero chance that these potential side effects would have been discovered without massive roll out worldwide, which means that no matter how slowly the vaccines were developed, we would not have known about this as a potential issue. 

It’s also worth noting that the “new” vaccines, the mRNA vaccines, do not appear to have this potential side effect. It’s only the vaccines using tried and true technologies that have caused concern. They would not have had any greater oversight had vaccine development taken years, not months. 
    Do you have any opinion on the "blood clotting, stillbirths, and bizarre menses in women" that Naomi Wolf reported on yesterday?  I asked because I believe you are a woman yourself.
    7 million people will lead to all sorts of random outcomes unrelated to the vaccine.  Women have these issues all the time, caused by BC, smoking, and lots of other problems.  I'm not sure what any of it means yet.  Second, this woman isn't a physician or a scientist of any type.  She's just reporting what she is hearing and it's anecdotal, and very possibly completely random.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

7 million people will lead to all sorts of random outcomes unrelated to the vaccine.  Women have these issues all the time, caused by BC, smoking, and lots of other problems.  I'm not sure what any of it means yet.  Second, this woman isn't a physician or a scientist of any type.  She's just reporting what she is hearing and it's anecdotal, and very possibly completely random.  
    I don't disagree with any of this.  And to circle all the way back around, is it not safe for someone to have vaccine hesitancies?  After the J&J news today, I think it absolutely is yet I have been called "selfish" among other things around here.  
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,797
    mickeyrat said:
    tish said:

6 cases, not 6 deaths; 1 death and 1 person seriously ill at this point. 

I won’t comment on the rest as I have no info on it. 

thank you.
    I stand corrected.

dummy me took at face vue the knuckleheads on morning radio who get shit wrong more often than they get shit right.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

I don't disagree with any of this.  And to circle all the way back around, is it not safe for someone to have vaccine hesitancies?  After the J&J news today, I think it absolutely is yet I have been called "selfish" among other things around here.  
    I don't have a problem with a person deciding not to get the vaccine.  I have more of a problem with someone spreading false and deceptive information to influence others not to get the vaccine.  And for you, I had a problem with your herd immunity position.  
  • Options
    JFC, a post on the PJ forums is a “conspiracy” theory? Good fucking turtle.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    mrussel1 said:

Can you please just take your facts and information and move along?  We only traffic in conspiracies. 

So countries that halted Astro and US gov't that halted J&J are following conspiracy theories?  No, they are being responsibly cautious. 

I understand oftenreading's point, but if countries like Germany and the USA are hitting the breaks on a couple vaccines (even for a few weeks), you can't really bash people who don't want to take the vaccines. 

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,827
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I don't have a problem with a person deciding not to get the vaccine.  I have more of a problem with someone spreading false and deceptive information to influence others not to get the vaccine.  And for you, I had a problem with your herd immunity position.  
    I am 100% certain that every one of us will take actions today with a higher likelihood  of death or serious injury than 1 in 1,000,000, without even a second thought, yet many will be up in arms about potential risks related to vaccination. People are inherently illogical and have a very hard time assessing risk accurately. I do view an unwillingness to take that tiny, tiny risk in order to improve public health as selfish, when people are taking much higher risks for things they want to do. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,495
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I am 100% certain that every one of us will take actions today with a higher likelihood  of death or serious injury than 1 in 1,000,000, without even a second thought, yet many will be up in arms about potential risks related to vaccination. People are inherently illogical and have a very hard time assessing risk accurately. I do view an unwillingness to take that tiny, tiny risk in order to improve public health as selfish, when people are taking much higher risks for things they want to do. 
    +1
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    mrussel1 said:

Can you please just take your facts and information and move along?  We only traffic in conspiracies. 

So countries that halted Astro and US gov't that halted J&J are following conspiracy theories?  No, they are being responsibly cautious. 

I understand oftenreading's point, but if countries like Germany and the USA are hitting the breaks on a couple vaccines (even for a few weeks), you can't really bash people who don't want to take the vaccines. 

I would imagine their pausing the rollout is twofold: safety but also credibility. they want people to take the vaccine, and for that to happen, they need the public's trust. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1 said:

I would imagine their pausing the rollout is twofold: safety but also credibility. they want people to take the vaccine, and for that to happen, they need the public's trust. 
    Yes exactly
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,547

She is a known CONSPIRACY THEORIST so her posts have NO weight.

Do the math...
    Also 6 in almost 7 million is a less then 1 in a million. 
    While the same age group has a 55 in a million chance of dying from Covid-19.
    Do the math

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I agree with this,  but candidly if we knew this a week ago,  my wife would have gone for the Phizer.  While J&J is low,  I think the Phizer is even lower.  
  • Options

Do the math...
    Do the math

Math is hard.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

Do the math...
    Do the math

If you think they are stopping the vaccine for 6 cases, I have a bridge to sell you!
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    23scidoo said:
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:
    Are you arguing that the vaccines should be free from the manufacturers, they should be 0 profit, 0 loss, or that they should be able to make a profit.  Make a clear argument here, for once. 
    Same price for everyone and we do not increase prices in just 3-4 months..
    clear??
    The new pricing is for 2022 and 2023 deliveries, presumably after we are beyond the emergency level of the pandemic in places like the EU.
    These will be the boosters etc. and it seems a fair price. The prices were kept at a lower level during the rollout now because of how dire things are and the urgency to get vaccines to everyone possible. By year's end the intent/hope is that we are beyond the worst of this and I don't see an issue with these companies then being paid fairly for their products.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    Now, if I wanted to dabble in conspiracies, I would respond to this post with...

"If you think they are making money now, wait til the 6 month boosters come out"

...but that might be too close to the truth.
    See my post above, if you read the article you'll see these new prices are for 2022 & 2023 which would in fact be largely for boosters.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,547

Do the math...
    Do the math

If you think they are stopping the vaccine for 6 cases, I have a bridge to sell you!
    I don't normally respond  to conspiracy theorists but here goes... 

They are not "stopping the vaccines" they are putting a halt on the J&J so that the word can get out and people can reschedule for the other available vaccines.
    The blood clotting seems to effect women under 30 on birth control. (Though I could be off on the details). So a 50some yr old male doesn't  have to worry so much.
    There have been almost 190 million doses given out. Of that almost 7 million were J&J. That is less then 4%. So not such a big deal.

I know that facts and math have a liberal bias but give them a shot some time.
  • Options

Do the math...
    Do the math

They are not "stopping the vaccines" they are putting a halt on the J&J so that the word can get out and people can reschedule for the other available vaccines.
    The blood clotting seems to effect women under 30 on birth control. (Though I could be off on the details). So a 50some yr old male doesn't  have to worry so much.
    There have been almost 190 million doses given out. Of that almost 7 million were J&J. That is less then 4%. So not such a big deal.

Welp, there you have it folks...  Bentleyspoop from the PJ message board figured it out...  Could be off on the deets, but also declares stopping a rushed vaccine is "not such a big deal"...

I'll be moving on now...
  • Options
    This has a good summary.  They have not determined if the link is to oral contraceptives.  

https://news.trust.org/item/20210413134718-jugko
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,756
    So the people that are telling us that the vaccines are safe are not reliable but the people that that are pulling vaccines out of an "abundance of caution" are reliable. These are the same people. How convenient it must be to cherry pick the information you want and dismiss the rest. 

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mrussel1 said:
    This has a good summary.  They have not determined if the link is to oral contraceptives.  

I thought that you couldn't get pregnant from oral? :open_mouth:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,827

Do the math...
    Do the math

Welp, there you have it folks...  Bentleyspoop from the PJ message board figured it out...  Could be off on the deets, but also declares stopping a rushed vaccine is "not such a big deal"...

I'll be moving on now...
    Everybody poops. Even you. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:

I haven't yet,  so there's that....
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728

Do the math...
    Do the math

I'll be moving on now...
    Everybody poops. Even you. 
    Chris Ballew of the Presidents of the USA band once pitched this to Weird Al as a parody of "Everybody Hurts" by R.E.M. Obviously Al wasn't going for it. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:

Don't believe everything the guys tell you at truck stops.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,495
    Poncier said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:

Don't believe everything the guys tell you at truck stops.
    I laughed, NGL. 
This discussion has been closed.