Options

The coronavirus

Comments

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,065
    mickeyrat said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    wow!!!
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/former-cdc-director-surprises-cnns-151700805.html

Former CDC director surprises CNN's Sanjay Gupta by revealing he believes COVID-19 originated in a Wuhan lab

CNN's Sanjay Gupta appeared taken aback in a new interview as former CDC Director Robert Redfield shared his "opinion" on the origins of COVID-19.

Gupta spoke with Redfield as part of a new CNN documentary about the COVID-19 pandemic, and the former CDC chief revealed he thinks it's likely the coronavirus originated in a Wuhan lab and was possibly already being transmitted in September 2019.

"If I was to guess, this virus started transmitting somewhere in September, October in Wuhan," Redfield said. "That's my own view. It's only an opinion. I'm allowed to have opinions now."

Redfield continued that he thinks the "most likely etiology of this pathogen in Wuhan was from a laboratory, you know, escaped," though he said he's not "implying any intentionality" and reiterated "it's my opinion." The World Health Organization's Dr. Peter Ben Embarek said last month it's "extremely unlikely" that the coronavirus leaked from a lab in Wuhan and that instead, "our initial findings suggest that the introduction through an intermediary host species is the most likely pathway," per NBC News.

But Redfield told CNN, "I do not believe this somehow came from a bat to a human, and at that moment in time, the virus came to the human, became one of the most infectious viruses that we know in humanity for human to human transmission." He noted, though, that "other people don't believe" this Wuhan lab theory, and "science will eventually figure it out."

Gupta commented on the "remarkable" nature of this conversation, noting that these are "significant" statements to be made by an official who served as the CDC's director throughout most of the COVID-19 pandemic. Indeed, Gupta said on CNN while setting up the clip, "This was extraordinary." Watch the exchange below.

really shouldnt be a surprise....
    That he made these comments or that it in fact came from a lab?
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,411
    PJNB said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    wow!!!

Former CDC director surprises CNN's Sanjay Gupta by revealing he believes COVID-19 originated in a Wuhan lab

CNN's Sanjay Gupta appeared taken aback in a new interview as former CDC Director Robert Redfield shared his "opinion" on the origins of COVID-19.

Gupta spoke with Redfield as part of a new CNN documentary about the COVID-19 pandemic, and the former CDC chief revealed he thinks it's likely the coronavirus originated in a Wuhan lab and was possibly already being transmitted in September 2019.

"If I was to guess, this virus started transmitting somewhere in September, October in Wuhan," Redfield said. "That's my own view. It's only an opinion. I'm allowed to have opinions now."

Redfield continued that he thinks the "most likely etiology of this pathogen in Wuhan was from a laboratory, you know, escaped," though he said he's not "implying any intentionality" and reiterated "it's my opinion." The World Health Organization's Dr. Peter Ben Embarek said last month it's "extremely unlikely" that the coronavirus leaked from a lab in Wuhan and that instead, "our initial findings suggest that the introduction through an intermediary host species is the most likely pathway," per NBC News.

But Redfield told CNN, "I do not believe this somehow came from a bat to a human, and at that moment in time, the virus came to the human, became one of the most infectious viruses that we know in humanity for human to human transmission." He noted, though, that "other people don't believe" this Wuhan lab theory, and "science will eventually figure it out."

Gupta commented on the "remarkable" nature of this conversation, noting that these are "significant" statements to be made by an official who served as the CDC's director throughout most of the COVID-19 pandemic. Indeed, Gupta said on CNN while setting up the clip, "This was extraordinary." Watch the exchange below.

that those are his beliefs..
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,053
    mickeyrat said:
    PJNB said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    wow!!!

that those are his beliefs..
    I could definitely get behind his beliefs on this, it makes a lot of sense.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,839
    dankind said:
    dignin said:
    23scidoo said:
    Hobbes said:
    23scidoo said:
    The companies don't care brother  thats well known
    But my friend all i read here is this..''trust the science!!''
    people like to sleep and dream..

The breadth of science is not limited simply to pharmaceutical companies.
    23scidoo said:
    The companies don't care brother  thats well known
    But my friend all i read here is this..''trust the science!!''
    people like to sleep and dream..

Yes definitely trust science. It's the best we have. Pharma is money . Different  things 
    Disagree..at this point the whole planet dance and they play the music..
    Your ignorance is astounding.

How can anyone even begin to have a rational conversation with someone who believes that a pharmaceutical company equals science.

I just hope nobody here takes your nonsense seriously.
    How many Big Pharma CEOs actually have advanced degrees in biochemistry or a related field?

Is it more than zero?

I'll wait....

A bit of a trick question because the corporate ladder is rigged for lawyers and MBAs, even for Big Pharma, but we could assume a medical doctor has a ton of education in biochemistry

” Dr. Caforio has served as CEO of Bristol Myers Squibb since May 2015 and became chairman of the board of directors in May 2017. Dr. Caforio received his medical degree from the University of Rome and joined Bristol Myers Squibb in Italy in 2000. “
    "Rigged"? As in,  people who have degrees focused on running a business tend to get more opportunities to run a business? 

That's not rigged, that's playing the percentages. 

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,605
    So, what percentage of people going into ICU comes out of it again?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,781
    Depends. If ventilation then not great odds
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,937
    New York and New Jersey still leading the pack. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,053
    nicknyr15 said:
    New York and New Jersey still leading the pack. 
    We rule.  ;)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,677
    edited March 2021
    Ohio opened up vaccines to everyone starting tomorrow.  4 of my younger siblings (all healthy and in their 20s) were able to sign up and are getting Pfizer dose 1 on Tuesday this week.  Apparently sign up was easy and there were “a lot” of open appointment slots for the mass site at Cleveland State Univ
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,811
    Hope that starts happening everywhere!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,596
    My S/O got her 2nd Pfizer yesterday.  Sick as a dog today.

Must be the microchip 
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,839

Must be the microchip 
    I'm totally skipping the second one now.  My first was Pfizer. 

Seriously though,  is she okay? Does she react to the flu shot?
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    Covid-19: Mexico revises coronavirus death toll up by 60%

The revised report issued by Mexico's health ministry (in Spanish) showed that by the end of the sixth week of 2021 there had been 294,287 deaths "associated with Covid-19" - up from the 182,301 confirmed figure given previously.

Since mid-February more than 26,772 Covid-19-related deaths have been reported across Mexico which would take the total to more than 321,000.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-56558059
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,975

Must be the microchip 
    What's everyone got against microchips? Besides a tiny little scar and rice size bump it's not like they cause blood clots!
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    tish said:

Must be the microchip 
    What's everyone got against microchips? Besides a tiny little scar and rice size bump it's not like they cause blood clots!

And may improve wifi service as well
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,403
    tish said:

Must be the microchip 

moderately biblical.  The mark of the beast :)
  • Options
    Feeling a bit runny noise-wise and woke up with some slight hurt in my throat.

Went to get a selftest but they were out of them for today... so will have to go back tomorrow. Worried that the result won't be back before easter... friday is a day off here.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,795
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,795
    Feeling a bit runny noise-wise and woke up with some slight hurt in my throat.

Went to get a selftest but they were out of them for today... so will have to go back tomorrow. Worried that the result won't be back before easter... friday is a day off here.
    Hope you are feeling better tomorrow..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    Dismantling the anti-vaxx industry

Investigations show that those spreading misinformation that undermines the rollout of vaccines against COVID-19 are well financed, determined and disciplined. To counter their activities, we need to understand them as an industry actively working to sow doubts about the deadliness of COVID-19, vaccines and medical professionals’ integrity.

The Anti-Vaxx IndustryHow Big Tech powers and profits from anti-vaccine misinformation​Our latest report exposes how social media companies have helped sophisticated and rapidly growing anti-vaxx networks gain 58 million followers. Despite promises to keep users safe, we show how Big Tech itself makes up to $1 billion a year in advertising and other revenues from this industry, which threatens the effectiveness of a future Coronavirus vaccine

https://www.counterhate.com/anti-vaxx-industry

• Options
    Seems she is getting oxygen 24/7 but is awake... so no ventilator then I presume..
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,596
    mrussel1 said:

Must be the microchip 
    I'm totally skipping the second one now.  My first was Pfizer. 

Seriously though,  is she okay? Does she react to the flu shot?
    She went to work this morning.
    Felt better. Exhausted but better.
    My boss got her 2nd Moderna last week. Had about 6 hours of feeling crappy the next day but got past it.
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,781
    Seems she is getting oxygen 24/7 but is awake... so no ventilator then I presume..
    Thats a good thing  I think 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/astrazeneca-under-55-1.5968128

Suspend AstraZeneca use for people under 55, vaccine committee recommends

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,065

I know lots of people 55 and under that already got the first dose. Wonder what that happens to their second shot timeline. 
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    PJNB said:

I know lots of people 55 and under that already got the first dose. Wonder what that happens to their second shot timeline. 
    That’s a good question.   I work with a lady who had her 1st dose...was not going to get second dose until June or July....maybe they’ll have it sorted out soon...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,937
    Great new in NY. Anyone over 30 is eligible starting  next week!! 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,411
    nicknyr15 said:
    Great new in NY. Anyone over 30 is eligible starting  next week!! 

given density of the 5 boroughs, how is the state handling injection locations?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,475
    https://www.rawstory.com/republicans-vaccine-passports/
    The end of times is near uhmm I never believed that it would happen in my lifetime! But I’m ready this country is fucked! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
This discussion has been closed.