Options

The coronavirus

Comments

• Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited February 2021
    My personal thoughts:
    Give a 2 week window for one at-risk demographic.  
    After that 2 weeks is up, open up to another at-risk group (but still allow ones from the prior window to come in).
    After the at-risk populations have had their windows, start a lottery (like the draft) to keep too many people from flooding in.  You could do it by SSNs or birthdays or whatever.  If they are not getting all available doses administered on a particular day, open up to the next in line or to anyone willing to get it.
    The worst scenario is wasted vaccines or having vaccines expire.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Governments screwing up the implementation of something? Huh. Who would have thought. I agree that the inequity of communities that suffered the most during this needs to be a strong factor in where the vaccines go, but paralysis through analysis trying to be legalistic on it helps no one.   
    In Canada, our largest pharmacy, shoppers drug mart offered to do the vaccinations.  They can do 3 million a week.  We just need vaccine...
    It’s a real clusterfuck...our prime minister has blamed everyone but himself...he and his minions are so incompetent.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Moderna 2nd dose on Monday.  Not looking forward to it, everyone we know had a rough time after.  We are getting it at the same time so we will be down together if we are down lol
    She cancelled Tuesday's patients just in case, so we don't have to work at least.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,795
    Good luck, you are a trooper I am sure it will be ok.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,153
    rgambs said:
    Moderna 2nd dose on Monday.  Not looking forward to it, everyone we know had a rough time after.  We are getting it at the same time so we will be down together if we are down lol
    She cancelled Tuesday's patients just in case, so we don't have to work at least.
    Good luck and take care. I’d pay a lot of money to be getting my 1st shot. So no offense to you cause I know you don’t mean it, but suck it up and be thankful ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    rgambs said:
    Best of luck to you both!
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,587
    rgambs said:
    Hope for the best for you guys. I am getting the second dose of Moderna tomorrow, so we will see how things go. 
  • Options
    Best of luck to everyone.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    Planned time off for the second shot sounds like a wise idea. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,190
    Has anyone here who already had Covid gotten the vaccine? I am curious because I had read a few articles that suggested that some people who already had the virus are getting more side effects with the first shot. Apparently, the first shot for someone who had Covid can be like the second shot for those who haven’t. I even read some suggestions that people who have had Covid may get the same protection with only one shot since it acts like a booster. If you had Covid and already gotten your first shot (or both shots) what was it like?
  • Options
    We should start a thread of vaccinated  people to compare and help eachother with advice and support. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    I saw that uk p.m has told us that everyone over 50 will be vaccinated  by start of May.  Big talk. I hope so. 
    I may get done by June.  I will stay home till then .
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I finally got my flu shot yesterday. Better late than never, right?

Hurts like a goddamn today. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:

Regular flu shot?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,923
    dankind said:

What’s the flu?
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,022
    nicknyr15 said:
    dankind said:

What’s the flu?
    Nick how you feeling? Any lingering effects from covid?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited February 2021
    dankind said:

Regular flu shot?
    Yeah, the one that pharmacies et al. have every year—and that, according to my next-door neighbor, the government uses for mind control (or, wait, is that chemtrails?). 

Some group usually comes to my office to jab me there, but since my office is closed and I don’t really go anywhere, I didn’t get it yet this flu season. 

It was my annual physical yesterday, and the bastiges jabbed me at the family doctor’s office. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    https://nationalpost.com/news/how-ottawa-utterly-botched-canadas-covid-vaccine-acquisition

How Ottawa utterly botched Canada's COVID vaccine acquisition

In December, it emerged that Ottawa had stuck to this plan despite offers from a Montreal company to manufacture millions of doses by the end of 2020. PnuVax, a Montreal biomanufacturer, runs a Health Canada-approved facility just down the street from the Biologics Manufacturing Centre, and has an established pedigree of manufacturing Ebola and pneumonia treatments. Multiple industry sources told the Globe and Mail that it was indeed plausible for PnuVax to have been cranking out truckloads of vaccines by Christmas.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    dankind said:
    dankind said:

Regular flu shot?
    Yeah, the one that pharmacies et al. have every year—and that, according to my next-door neighbor, the government uses for mind control (or, wait, is that chemtrails?). 

Some group usually comes to my office to jab me there, but since my office is closed and I don’t really go anywhere, I didn’t get it yet this flu season. 

It was my annual physical yesterday, and the bastiges jabbed me at the family doctor’s office. 
    Good on you. Since I still go into work everyday and have the entire time except for like a 2 week pause where it was only a couple times a week in the facility, I was still able to get it at work which is super convenient. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    dankind said:

What’s the flu?
    Slight smell and taste issues. Peanut butter still tastes a little different. Brewing coffee smells different. Very odd. But overall I’m ok. Thanks for asking? 👍🏼👍🏼
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    dankind said:

What’s the flu?
    Slight smell and taste issues. Peanut butter still tastes a little different. Brewing coffee smells different. Very odd. But overall I’m ok. Thanks for asking? 👍🏼👍🏼
    Good to hear. Though the lingering effects on smell and taste is disturbing....what if I get covid and no longer like IPAs??????
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    dankind said:

What’s the flu?
    Good to hear. Though the lingering effects on smell and taste is disturbing....what if I get covid and no longer like IPAs??????
    Then you will have normal taste buds for the first time 😜😜
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    Good luck and take care. I’d pay a lot of money to be getting my 1st shot. So no offense to you cause I know you don’t mean it, but suck it up and be thankful ;)
    Oh yes I am very thankful to have an early opportunity to be a part of this historical vaccination, and I know how lucky I am.
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    dankind said:

What’s the flu?
    I eat peanut butter almost everyday for breakfast and I’ve had to adjust my taste expectation. It’s very disturbing honestly but my doctor told me it’s not serious. Unfortunately there’s no clear answer on if it will ever return to normal. 
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,739
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,022
    edited February 2021
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    dankind said:

What’s the flu?
    I eat peanut butter almost everyday for breakfast and I’ve had to adjust my taste expectation. It’s very disturbing honestly but my doctor told me it’s not serious. Unfortunately there’s no clear answer on if it will ever return to normal. 
    So the taste is overpowering Or it changed from what you remember?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    dankind said:

What’s the flu?
    Changed. Like it’s slightly off. Hard to explain. 
  • Options
    Some explain it as sour or bitter  issues
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,190
    nicknyr15 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    dankind said:

What’s the flu?
    Changed. Like it’s slightly off. Hard to explain. 
    It is hard to explain. I lost my smell and taste for a bit when I had it last spring. Luckily mine seems to have come all the way back. When I first noticed it I was eating Thai food and it just tasted really bland even though I got a spicy dish. I remember telling my sister that I thought the chef screwed up my order. It tasted really off. Later that night I realized I couldn’t smell anything either. It is a strange sensation. I hope yours comes all the way back as well. 
This discussion has been closed.