Options

The coronavirus

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,926
    Nick, GlowGirl, and anyone else who's had the virus, wishing you well, keep getting better!

For those have not yet had the vaccination, here's an article my sister sent me that might be helpful:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,153
    brianlux said:
    Nick, GlowGirl, and anyone else who's had the virus, wishing you well, keep getting better!

For those have not yet had the vaccination, here's an article my sister sent me that might be helpful:

Interesting. Thanks for sharing
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,022
    My district is pretty confident that they will be getting us the vaccine in the next two weeks.  Hells yes.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,923
    I read an article about a Seattle hospital that was reallocating their vaccine because it was going to groups unjustly. While I am happy some of you are receiving the vaccine, I often think of those at higher risk in other countries who are going without and have deep concerns of inequity.
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,587
    GlowGirl said:
    Has anyone here who already had Covid gotten the vaccine? I am curious because I had read a few articles that suggested that some people who already had the virus are getting more side effects with the first shot. Apparently, the first shot for someone who had Covid can be like the second shot for those who haven’t. I even read some suggestions that people who have had Covid may get the same protection with only one shot since it acts like a booster. If you had Covid and already gotten your first shot (or both shots) what was it like?
    A 22 year old from our church had the virus in December and got her first vaccine shot Thursday. She works at a nursing home so they wanted her get it for her job, even though she probably still had some immunity. She told me it caused a 102 fever, body aches and cramps. According to her it was worse than getting sick in December. She is always sick though and a bit of a hypochondriac so I don’t really know bad it is. 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,436
    I had both shots of Pfizer same with my wife & son we all work in hospital settings, very little to no side effects as a matter of fact after my 2nd dose I felt great! Good energy was able to be outside splitting wood most of that day..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,403
    I had both shots of Pfizer same with my wife & son we all work in hospital settings, very little to no side effects as a matter of fact after my 2nd dose I felt great! Good energy was able to be outside splitting wood most of that day..
    Awesome, man!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    Awesome, man!
    How are you guys doing & your mom how is she doing coping with these tough times? 
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,403
    mfc2006 said:
    Awesome, man!
    How are you guys doing & your mom how is she doing coping with these tough times? 
    We’re hanging in there. Mom is doing well. She gets her 2nd shot on the 19th and we’re very relieved.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,190
    mfc2006 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Awesome, man!
    We’re hanging in there. Mom is doing well. She gets her 2nd shot on the 19th and we’re very relieved.
    Awesome. My parents get their second shot on the 19th as well. I will be very relieved once they have both shots. They have been very careful, but my mother is starting to get a bit stir crazy.

• Options
    mfc2006 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Awesome, man!
    Great news! 
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,042
    GlowGirl said:
    Has anyone here who already had Covid gotten the vaccine? I am curious because I had read a few articles that suggested that some people who already had the virus are getting more side effects with the first shot. Apparently, the first shot for someone who had Covid can be like the second shot for those who haven’t. I even read some suggestions that people who have had Covid may get the same protection with only one shot since it acts like a booster. If you had Covid and already gotten your first shot (or both shots) what was it like?
    Isn’t getting Covid again rare? Seems like they should be low on the list of you already had it.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,739
    If not wearing mask..150 euro 
    not keep social distance??..150 euro
    not allowed to go out after 17.00..
    i have lost my job cause this shit..
    but..
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/07/greek-prime-minister-criticised-for-lunch-with-up-to-40-people

https://youtu.be/pwjRQ6njWAI

someone is playing with us..

Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    but..
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/07/greek-prime-minister-criticised-for-lunch-with-up-to-40-people

This is what hurts so bad . For us lose everything.  For them nothing. 
    Keep going my friend.  Keep going.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    but..

I try my friend but my patience is almost over..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,220
    mace1229 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Isn’t getting Covid again rare? Seems like they should be low on the list of you already had it.

Ask Maynard. 

In the early days, when it was impossible to know for sure, it was believed to be rare. Hypothetically, if viral immunity were to have lasted 9 to 12 months, we would just be seeing the first real reinfection data now.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,367
    From the article:

Others were relying on good Samaritans like Anchorage, Alaska, resident Diane Nigg, who works as a travel agent and contact tracer

Think I'd change my last name if it were me.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,367
    GlowGirl said:
    mfc2006 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Awesome, man!
    Awesome. My parents get their second shot on the 19th as well. I will be very relieved once they have both shots. They have been very careful, but my mother is starting to get a bit stir crazy.

Make sure your folks understand it takes like 10 days after the 2nd shot to get maximum immunity built up. Tell Mom to hang in on being careful till beginning of March.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,563
    23scidoo said:
    but..

Oh, we all got scars, they should have 'em too... Oh, they're whipping... They're whipping... ~ Eddie Vedder
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,153
    Very relieved today.  My at risk older mother has an appointment for Wednesday.

My dad (divorced so different state) still has heard nothing and he is same age and has a pre-existing condition as well. Finger crossed.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,563
    edited February 2021
    23scidoo said:

Post edited by Pap on
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    ^^nice Pap..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    This grandma has lost child and grandchilds in three different car accidents..she trying to suiside few months ago but people save her..
    today, she sells some items from her garden on a square..''not for money, i can stay home with all those pictures''
    300 euro penalty..

EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,042
    Teachers in Colorado are still months away from getting a vaccine in many cases. If you sign up today you'd be about #100,000 in line. Somehow our superintendent got our district to cut the line and we all can get it Thursday. Despite my irrational fear of needles, I signed up. I'm a wuss with needles, I've passed out getting a shot before. Its a drive-through vaccine station too, my only comment was if they don't let me get out and sit down for the shot I'm driving off, i'm not going to sit behind the wheel light headed and dizzy while I pass out again.
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,587
    48 hours post second Moderna shot and I feel fine. I had the sore arm and headache Saturday. Sunday morning I actually felt ok except for a fever and headache. As the day went on, I started to feel off. Not really sick, but sort of drained. By the time I went to bed, I was feeling a little better. Today just a headache, and feel good enough to go to the gym after work. Some of my co-workers had stronger side effects than I did though. 
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,631
    Very relieved today.  My at risk older mother has an appointment for Wednesday.

My dad (divorced so different state) still has heard nothing and he is same age and has a pre-existing condition as well. Finger crossed.

Good news for your mom.  My parents age 70 are not going to take one.  I've stopped talking about COVID with the family.  They don't care.    
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Report on NPR this morning that South Africa is reporting that some of the vaccines are less effective against the new strain.  I’m hoping that it isn’t enough of a deal that we can’t reach herd immunity with vaccines by the end of the year.  There has to be an end in sight and news like this really sucks. Every company that can make a vaccine and doesn’t have one of their own needs to gear up to be subcontractors.  I don’t think most people can take another year plus of this nonsense.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,190
    Poncier said:
    GlowGirl said:
    mfc2006 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Awesome, man!

Make sure your folks understand it takes like 10 days after the 2nd shot to get maximum immunity built up. Tell Mom to hang in on being careful till beginning of March.
    They do understand that. I think the closer they get to a bit more freedom (or at least peace of mind) the harder it is to be patient. But they are hanging in there.

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

Give Peas A Chance…
This discussion has been closed.