Options

The coronavirus

Comments

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,833
    Locks changed, police on scene at Etobicoke BBQ restaurant that defied lockdown orders (msn.com)

So it's OK for the police to change locks on a legal business...

Yes, when the business is operating illegally.

The police were really pretty accommodating with this business that was openly operating against lockdown orders. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Plateauing right around the corner and bend over.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Locks changed, police on scene at Etobicoke BBQ restaurant that defied lockdown orders (msn.com)

The police were really pretty accommodating with this business that was openly operating against lockdown orders. 
    And 200 meters from this business is a Costco whose food court is open to sitting down customers.  As far as I am concerned the only stores open should be one selling food and essential item only.  He could have ordered Wal Mart, Costco and the Superstore closed and allowed grocery only business to stay.

I support small business and to my knowledge, none of Canada's shitty politicians have any proof that small business is the problem...

But hey let's cram kids in classrooms, pack people in the big box stores and pack them in on public transit.

Makes perfect sense...

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    That doesn't mean anything.  The vaccine first must be approved.  And we are not getting it until the countries manufacturing the vaccine have taken care of their own citizens...

if they are getting 60 000 doses...then they can vaccinate 30 000 humans...far short of what will be needed.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,833
    edited November 2020

And 200 meters from this business is a Costco whose food court is open to sitting down customers.  As far as I am concerned the only stores open should be one selling food and essential item only.  He could have ordered Wal Mart, Costco and the Superstore closed and allowed grocery only business to stay.

I support small business and to my knowledge, none of Canada's shitty politicians have any proof that small business is the problem...

But hey let's cram kids in classrooms, pack people in the big box stores and pack them in on public transit.

Makes perfect sense...

You’re entitled to your opinion of what should and should not be allowed to open, but that doesn’t have any bearing on what the law allows and what the police are being asked to enforce. 

Edit: To add to my point, the guy at this restaurant was being very open that they were deliberately defying the order to not provide sit down service in restaurants. He publicized this on social media, got verbal warnings and cautions from police as to what the process would be, and continued to open, and he supported anti-mask demonstrations. I don't have much sympathy for him. 
    Post edited by oftenreading on
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,830
    PJNB said:
    That doesn't mean anything.  The vaccine first must be approved.  And we are not getting it until the countries manufacturing the vaccine have taken care of their own citizens...

if they are getting 60 000 doses...then they can vaccinate 30 000 humans...far short of what will be needed.

I am well aware of what is going on and what is needed. My comment was that I was surprised they think there is a chance to be getting it in New Brunswick in January. 
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    New lockdown here. Woohoo!

(I’m sure there’s a perfectly rational explanation excepting religious services and protests.)

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,659

Makes perfect sense...

You’re entitled to your opinion of what should and should not be allowed to open, but that doesn’t have any bearing on what the law allows and what the police are being asked to enforce. 

Edit: To add to my point, the guy at this restaurant was being very open that they were deliberately defying the order to not provide sit down service in restaurants. He publicized this on social media, got verbal warnings and cautions from police as to what the process would be, and continued to open, and he supported anti-mask demonstrations. I don't have much sympathy for him. 
    Nobody with half a brain should have any.  

That guy is a fool.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,664
    edited November 2020
    ^ We've been like that for a bit here, too, but no churches and indoor fitness. We're allowed to take walks with one another, so I got 20 minutes in with a sister and the covid puppy, who is almost all grown up now! I'm glad the slopes are open for locals! And Gigaton for company.

They shut shit down on a Thursday, so my kids' early bday party with 6 classmates only at a private pool with waterslide was nixed with 2 days notice. Goody bags were prepared with nitrile gloves on ahead of time with individually prepackaged snacks.

Bummer, I was trying to do her party early, ahead of the kids getting out of school and gathering with extended family over Christmas.Tears were involved. But, I'm glad the officials got ahead of it in my district.
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,659
    hedonist said:

(I’m sure there’s a perfectly rational explanation excepting religious services and protests.)

Yeah - why should those be exceptions?
    The state by state and county by county and city by city restrictions stuff is baffling.

• Options
    I agree ^, especially as I heard the logic and scientific evidence behind the decision to close Gurdwara's etc...

• Options
    hedonist said:

Oh yeah, hate to be a bummer, but 😉 enjoy the weekend.

Our 2 weeks in Vancouver-Fraser turned into 4 and added the entire province with more threatened.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    tish said:
    hedonist said:

Oh yeah, hate to be a bummer, but 😉 enjoy the weekend.

Our 2 weeks in Vancouver-Fraser turned into 4 and added the entire province with more threatened.
    It actually doesn’t change anything for us, personally. I sure feel for those it does!

You enjoy your weekend too. Stay safe :)
  • Options
    I need this  vaccine  to hurry the fuck up now.
    Shits unbearable 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,760
    Shits unbearable 

Oh man, yes.   Thankfully, they're moving on it quickly. 
    This is going to be a tough winter.  If everybody did the right thing- social distancing, masks, hand washing, hand away from face, staying home as much as possible- we'll would get through this so much better.  When a read about- and especially when I see- people flagrantly ignoring the precautions, I wonder,  I really, really wonder, WTF?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Im with you brian.
    Im beside myself with this rule our dick p.m has conjured  up.
    So over xmas anything  goes for 5 days. Like the virus goes to sleep.
    You just know the wonderful british public will grab the opportunity with both hands to spread the virus to their loved ones and wonder why a lockdown will come im jan and they will protest. 
    Im so upset with this government.  Hope lost 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/iLp6b84x6SI
     Canada news.  And  some insight into flu jabs Canadians have. 45%  efficacy for the  flu jab is normal so any vaccine over 60% is damn good
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,538
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Shits unbearable 
    I just heard on the news that vaccine distribution begins in 2 weeks.  So your almost there.  Us in Canada on the other hand have no real idea when a vaccine arrives.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Trudeau seems to think that most people that want the vaccine will be vaccinated in Canada by September. 
  • Options
    Lets hope
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Vaccine for normal people = fall 2021
  • Options
    I thought the US had an April timeline? 
  • Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,011
    This picture breaks my heart. It's from the ICU in a Houston hospital on Thanksgiving.

• Options
    PJNB said:
    I thought the US had an April timeline? 
    For normal people....gonna be a while.  We will see but I'm going with fall 2021.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Just drove to get x-rays and next to the radiologist is a Covid testing line.  Another one about a mile in the other direction.
    Shit is getting cray.
  • Options
    This picture breaks my heart. It's from the ICU in a Houston hospital on Thanksgiving.

Heart breaking 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
  • Options
    I guess all should  be
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

This discussion has been closed.