Options

The coronavirus

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    edited November 2020
    My ex wife is an adult nurse practitioner specializing in lymphoma and leukemia at a university hospital and said fall baseball was fine for our son to play.  She also asked the infectious disease doctor she works with and he said it was a ok to play. For the record she is immune compromised. My son played and there were no issues.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    Yes, the unusual and backward thinking people (snowbirds) certainly flock to Florida. This morning I dropped off my lady's daughter at the Fort Lauderdale airport and it was packed. That's the curbside check in, most were wearing masks however social distancing was nonexistent. I wore my mask just to get out her luggage, here in South Florida one cannot take any chances.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    While everyone seems to be focused on the total number of cases and deaths, no one is really talking about the covid survivors, many of whom have long term, damaging health effects that will be a burden for family, friends, the health care system and insurers. If you missed the 60 minutes piece on “The Long Haulers,” I suggest you catch it.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
  • Options
    Sweden is the America of the Scandinavian countries...who knew???
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    edited November 2020
    Yeah, my sister in law is a nurse, too, and she thinks the whole thing is overblown hysteria. She thinks masks don't protect us, and she's also anti-vaccine. So there's that to consider when I listen to her opinions. 
    Post edited by what dreams on
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    While everyone seems to be focused on the total number of cases and deaths, no one is really talking about the covid survivors, many of whom have long term, damaging health effects that will be a burden for family, friends, the health care system and insurers. If you missed the 60 minutes piece on “The Long Haulers,” I suggest you catch it.
    I missed that part; catching the oldsters portion now. Would’ve been interested to watch that segment. 
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,201
    Yeah, my sister in law is a nurse, too, and she thinks the whole thing is overblown hysteria. She thinks masks don't protect us, and she's also anti-vaccine. So there's that to consider when I listen to her opinions. 
    How can someone be a nurse and an anti-vaxxer? That doesn’t seem to make sense
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,430
    hedonist said:
    I missed that part; catching the oldsters portion now. Would’ve been interested to watch that segment. 
    Not from tonight's show, but basically the same from 60 Minutes in Australia.

https://youtu.be/gRJ5_bMggWQ
  • Options
    Take extra care all my American friends.  You are wise to be cautious and stay home.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,721
    pjhawks said:

My chiropractor didn't like the mask idea (but gave in and started wearing one, probably because he knew he would lose a lot of clients), and also is big into sending kids back to school to encourage "herd immunity".  When I hear things like this from people I have long regarded as having good medical knowledge, I get this glazed look and fog in my brain and begin to wonder what is real and what isn't.  And one again, I think of that phrase, "You can't believe half of what you see and none of what you hear."  Reality loses it's grip.  The rabbit hole opens.  The void beckons, and I run like hell.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Getting a Covid test Monday.  Developed symptoms Sunday.  Hope it's nothing.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
  • Options
    Best of health to you my friend 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Great breaking news from u.k
    Oxford vaccine is ready and works and is safe. And its best given in half dose first so would double capacity  to reach many people faster. The cavalry is on the  horizon.  Stay safe for a small while more  a few months and hope is coming .
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,721

Best wishes, M99.  I hope it's something minor.  Keep us posted and take good care!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Best of health to you my friend 
    Thank you
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Oxford vaccine is ready and works and is safe. And its best given in half dose first so would double capacity  to reach many people faster. The cavalry is on the  horizon.  Stay safe for a small while more  a few months and hope is coming .
    What's an Oxford vaccine?
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    brianlux said:

Best wishes, M99.  I hope it's something minor.  Keep us posted and take good care!
    Thank and I will.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    What's an Oxford vaccine?
    Its the uk one. Astrazenica and oxford university.  Its the flu jab basically  but  for covid .  Im very optimistic about it as unlike the usa ones.  This is old science  and not a new kind altogether.  
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    70% the Oxford Vaccine has. But easier to handle and cheaper than the others. Is what I've read.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    70% the Oxford Vaccine has. But easier to handle and cheaper than the others. Is what I've read.
    90% when given half dose
     Then full 1 month later.
    And 70% is a great amount for this  type of vaccine. Flu jab has 60% and the  world takes that and it works.  
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    https://youtu.be/zdAPgglDJAU
    Check this out. MMR vaccine looks to protect.  Interesting  . 1988 we started using it on kids . Do other  countries  give this?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,016
    edited November 2020
    Had missed that the Prime Minister had spoken to the nation this weekend. 

Time to bolt the door shut and not meet anyone till Christmas.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    brianlux said:
    pjhawks said:

My chiropractor didn't like the mask idea (but gave in and started wearing one, probably because he knew he would lose a lot of clients), and also is big into sending kids back to school to encourage "herd immunity".  When I hear things like this from people I have long regarded as having good medical knowledge, I get this glazed look and fog in my brain and begin to wonder what is real and what isn't.  And one again, I think of that phrase, "You can't believe half of what you see and none of what you hear."  Reality loses it's grip.  The rabbit hole opens.  The void beckons, and I run like hell.
    Chiropractors are a different breed.  I’ve met some very level headed ones and ones that pretty much believe they can cure anything in an almost witchcrafty manner.  I’m not against some types of chiropractic care, but the field definition attracts some quacks.
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    Thank you. We don’t seem to have the ability to think beyond the live or die statistic. Given the survival rate, I’d risk the small chance of death if that was all there was to worry about. But what I don’t want is to struggle for every breath for the rest of my life. Humans tend to value quantity of life over quality of life. Among for several reasons that this is not just the flu is the fact that there appear to be long-term impacts to the latter.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,166
    OnWis97 said:
    Thank you. We don’t seem to have the ability to think beyond the live or die statistic. Given the survival rate, I’d risk the small chance of death if that was all there was to worry about. But what I don’t want is to struggle for every breath for the rest of my life. Humans tend to value quantity of life over quality of life. Among for several reasons that this is not just the flu is the fact that there appear to be long-term impacts to the latter.
    I only ever read those first few articles a few months ago talking about long term side effects of having had the virus.   It was really light on details (ie, no examples, no discussions of how many people were experiencing them, average age, if they'd had prior conditions etc..).  Is there more information about this out there now?
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    pjhawks said:
    Doesn't make sense to me either but it's a fact. She thinks Fauci is part of the conspiracy. It appears to be part of her larger world view. 
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,243
    pjhawks said:
    Doesn't make sense to me either but it's a fact. She thinks Fauci is part of the conspiracy. It appears to be part of her larger world view. 
    It is bizarre. I know nurses I went to HS with that have this mindset as well. They are from rural areas and are all in on the crazy train.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    This virus has exposed people's moral code
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

This discussion has been closed.