Options

The coronavirus

Comments

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    pjl44 said:
    You wanna know what privelege is? Seeing 1.3 million deaths to date and snarkily wondering aloud if more Trump voters caught it.
    yup...
    You really want to know what privilege is? It’s being a local “leader” or governor and openly stating that you won’t abide by or enforce whatever covid response restrictions are communicated by your elected representatives and leaders. You know what else is privilege? Dismissing 240,000+ dead Americans because complicit assholes are still crying about their freedumb. What’s it going to take for repubs to wake the fuck up and get on board with the science? 400K dead by Christmas? A mil, mil and a half? Or oh well, everyone dies someday anyway? What a shit hole country.
    That's quite the rant.  Now maybe you should be ranting at your fellow citizens.  I'm a canuck...thankfully.  
    Do only Canadians read the forums? Well, maybe only they have the requisite education to understand the content of the posts? You know, freedumb and all?
    Are you off your meds. Maybe leave your house and go rant at your fellow citizens.  Pretty 99.9% of the poster here comply with the rules put in place...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,072
    edited November 2020
    mace1229 said:
    That first paragraph of the interview is essentially what I’ve been saying
    ” "Well it's it's good news-bad news, George," Cuomo said. "The good news is, the Pfizer tests look good and we'll have a vaccine shortly. The bad news is that it's about two months before Joe Biden takes over. And that means this administration is going to be implementing a vaccine plan."”

To me it sounds like he’s saying we’d be better off if it just didn’t come out for 2 months, that Trump will screw it up that badly. Maybe I’m reading into it incorrectly, but that’s what it sounds like to me.
    And they are going to be nowhere near 300 million vaccines in 2 months. They said it could be something like a year before it’s rolled out in that number. So we’re talking a small fraction of what is needed being rolled out before Biden takes over. Biden’s still going to roll out 90+% of this.
    I just don’t see that would really impact Biden in a large way. Even if Trump sends them all to San Dimas (Bill and Teds anyone?) that’s not going to make it worse than starting from ground zero in 2 months.
    YOU ARE

@The Juggler
    Possibly. But you even seemed to agree with that at first 10 minutes ago. You said:
     he doesn't want trump administering it because he thinks the roll out will get bungled from the get go, just like the covid response as a whole. he wants team biden to be able to do it since then it will be done properly, and if it starts with trump at the helm, it could be fucked up from the beginning and make it much more difficult for biden to correct.”
    So you were saying that he meant Trump will screw it up so bad that it would have been better to just wait. That’s what I said. It will get bungled up so bad that it will make it more difficult for Biden. 
    Sounds like were interpreting what Cuomo said the same. I just disagree with Cuomo.

What does Juggler have to do with this, he hasn’t commented on this topic?
    Or is that his most hated song or skmething?
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,053
    OnWis97 said:
    mace1229 said:
    lot of people making noise in my neck of the woods about "why can kids go to school but the restaurants and bars have to close?". because, geniuses, the kids actually fucking listen to protocols and take direction seriously, where the adults don't. there's a reason there's very few cases in our schools and kids getting infected. it's all the stupid fucking adults that can't stay home and have a zoom happy hour. 
    Middle school kids definitely don’t here. The second they’re out for recess the mask is off, they’re wrestling, hugging, whatever. In class t he y follow the rules, but not in hallways and recess.
    But I still think that’s a dumb argument, comparing schools to bars are 2 different animals.
    I don't have kids or truly understand how they're behaving but my gut reaction would be that kids might be worse than adults. Or, rather that kids would be better than petulant/obstinate adults but not as good as responsible adults.  In any case, I agree that "what about schools?" is a lame deflection. They can talk about whether or not in-person school is a good idea but it's neither here nor there for validating hanging out in bars.

everything i've seen over the course of the last several months, now admittedly, this is limited to my daughters and their classmates/friends, the kids are doing amazingly well and are being way better about it than the adults i've encountered. 

maybe it's a canadian thing. 
    My school is the same way.  Maybe it s a Winnipeg/New Jersey thing. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mace1229 said:
    lot of people making noise in my neck of the woods about "why can kids go to school but the restaurants and bars have to close?". because, geniuses, the kids actually fucking listen to protocols and take direction seriously, where the adults don't. there's a reason there's very few cases in our schools and kids getting infected. it's all the stupid fucking adults that can't stay home and have a zoom happy hour. 
    Middle school kids definitely don’t here. The second they’re out for recess the mask is off, they’re wrestling, hugging, whatever. In class t he y follow the rules, but not in hallways and recess.
    But I still think that’s a dumb argument, comparing schools to bars are 2 different animals.
    I don't have kids or truly understand how they're behaving but my gut reaction would be that kids might be worse than adults. Or, rather that kids would be better than petulant/obstinate adults but not as good as responsible adults.  In any case, I agree that "what about schools?" is a lame deflection. They can talk about whether or not in-person school is a good idea but it's neither here nor there for validating hanging out in bars.

everything i've seen over the course of the last several months, now admittedly, this is limited to my daughters and their classmates/friends, the kids are doing amazingly well and are being way better about it than the adults i've encountered. 

My sisters kids too. 

Maybe it's a Winnipeg/New Jersey/Trollhättan thing
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,486
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    ” "Well it's it's good news-bad news, George," Cuomo said. "The good news is, the Pfizer tests look good and we'll have a vaccine shortly. The bad news is that it's about two months before Joe Biden takes over. And that means this administration is going to be implementing a vaccine plan."”

To me it sounds like he’s saying we’d be better off if it just didn’t come out for 2 months, that Trump will screw it up that badly. Maybe I’m reading into it incorrectly, but that’s what it sounds like to me.
    And they are going to be nowhere near 300 million vaccines in 2 months. They said it could be something like a year before it’s rolled out in that number. So we’re talking a small fraction of what is needed being rolled out before Biden takes over. Biden’s still going to roll out 90+% of this.
    I just don’t see that would really impact Biden in a large way. Even if Trump sends them all to San Dimas (Bill and Teds anyone?) that’s not going to make it worse than starting from ground zero in 2 months.
    YOU ARE

@The Juggler
    Possibly. But you even seemed to agree with that at first 10 minutes ago. You said:
    ” he doesn't want trump administering it because he thinks the roll out will get bungled from the get go, just like the covid response as a whole. he wants team biden to be able to do it since then it will be done properly, and if it starts with trump at the helm, it could be fucked up from the beginning and make it much more difficult for biden to correct.”
    So you were saying that he meant Trump will screw it up so bad that it would have been better to just wait. That’s what I said. It will get bungled up so bad that it will make it more difficult for Biden. 
    Sounds like were interpreting what Cuomo said the same. I just disagree with Cuomo.

Ok ok you win but not really you interpret it one way some of us interpret it slightly different..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mace1229 said:

My sisters kids too. 

Yes!  I love it.   
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

YOU ARE

@The Juggler
    ” he doesn't want trump administering it because he thinks the roll out will get bungled from the get go, just like the covid response as a whole. he wants team biden to be able to do it since then it will be done properly, and if it starts with trump at the helm, it could be fucked up from the beginning and make it much more difficult for biden to correct.”

Ok ok you win but not really you interpret it one way some of us interpret it slightly different..
    I can agree to that. Cheers!
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

YOU ARE

@The Juggler

I can agree to that. Cheers!
    Cheers right back at you I hope you have a great weekend enjoy it!
  • Options
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    You wanna know what privelege is? Seeing 1.3 million deaths to date and snarkily wondering aloud if more Trump voters caught it.
    yup...
    You really want to know what privilege is? It’s being a local “leader” or governor and openly stating that you won’t abide by or enforce whatever covid response restrictions are communicated by your elected representatives and leaders. You know what else is privilege? Dismissing 240,000+ dead Americans because complicit assholes are still crying about their freedumb. What’s it going to take for repubs to wake the fuck up and get on board with the science? 400K dead by Christmas? A mil, mil and a half? Or oh well, everyone dies someday anyway? What a shit hole country.
    That's quite the rant.  Now maybe you should be ranting at your fellow citizens.  I'm a canuck...thankfully.  
    Do only Canadians read the forums? Well, maybe only they have the requisite education to understand the content of the posts? You know, freedumb and all?
    Are you off your meds. Maybe leave your house and go rant at your fellow citizens.  Pretty 99.9% of the poster here comply with the rules put in place...
    99.9% of posters here or citizens of Canada as it relates to covid? Either way, you’re off by at least a few % points. And lighten the fuck up. I’ll “rant” how and where I want.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Go buy a pack of TP, the lunatics are starting to board again 🙄
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    We haven’t been able to get paper supplies at our Costco for a month now
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    mace1229 said:
    rgambs said:
    We haven’t been able to get paper supplies at our Costco for a month now
    I am sure all the bulk stores are sold out by now, small stores are usually better provisioned.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mace1229 said:
    why would i hope that this idiot would be an adult when announcing the vaccine? he has to attack governor cuomo instead. what a fucking loser. 
    I haven’t heard his attack on Cuomo, but Cuomo’s attack on Trump when the vaccine came out was pretty ridiculous.
    He’s at the rose garden patting himself on the back for the vaccine and he stated that he would not give N.Y. the vaccine lol the Covidiot is a total disgraceful disgusting loser man/baby! So happy to see him just keep humiliating himself to the end..
    He’s not humiliating himself to 75 million voters.  They think he is amazing.   Even if some of them currently believe Joe won, it only takes the idiots to reinforce the bullshit.   The engineer (pro trump) I am currently working with was spending all day telling the electrician(trump voting Republican that accepts joe won) about 2.7%  electronic votes being tilted to Biden, amongst other things like mail in voting is complete fraud.  At the beginning of the project the electrician believed that Biden won even if he doesn’t like Biden and voted for trump that’s how it is.  Now here we are on Friday and he has been talked into believing the hype.  These morons are looking for reasons to stay behind trump.  I had to break in and fact check saying DHS said there is no reason to believe any claims of voter fraud, I brought up that the reason trump lost when they counted mail in ballots was because they couldn’t count the ballots until the polls closed and the mail ins were largely from democrats...guess what? Conspiracy.   I don’t believe that there is a single trump voter out there that won’t come to believe Trump was indeed cheated from his deserved victory if this shit is allowed to drag on.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,428
    What?!? Really?!? We’re back where it all started??? Hoarding toilet paper??? Gimme a break...
  • Options
    What?!? Really?!? We’re back where it all started??? Hoarding toilet paper??? Gimme a break...
    Shits gonna get ugly real in a few weeks and it’s already way ugly real, IMHO.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    I was surprised by that too. Didn’t we learn first time around that there isn’t really a shortage of tp?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,014
    Here in Dallas, Texas, the Costco I work at has plenty of TP but paper towels are the hot commodity the last week or so. So odd. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,813
    If they don't have it in the store there is a shortage.  (Someone must have a fuckton of asswipe and quicker picker upper stocked away!!)

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    If they don't have it in the store there is a shortage.  (Someone must have a fuckton of asswipe and quicker picker upper stocked away!!)

Artificial shortage only, but people can be silly that way. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mace1229 said:

My sisters kids too. 

Yes!  I love it.   
    In BC the schools are doing really well too. The kids have been back since September and there have been scattered, minimal cases and no outbreaks. The evidence that we have keeps showing that community spread is happening most in restaurants, bars and gyms. There are solid grounds to shut down those places and keep schools running.  
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,155
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

YOU ARE

@The Juggler

no, i don't want it delayed. neither does cuomo. all we're saying is that with trump at the helm, things have the potential to not be done properly and it could* end up being worse than if you wait until biden is in office. however. with dump not transitioning properly, biden won't be able to implement anything right on jan 21. it will take time. and time is not on the american side right now. so he was just saying in a perfect world biden would be president when this happened, not necessarily that it came 2 months later (with more deaths). 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    and juggler has this weird thread called "you are", so anytime he sees anyone say those words, he quotes the thread in his thread. 

don't ask. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,793
    edited November 2020
    Well schools are a driver here
     I do not agree about schools following anything  like the rules here. Its up to each individual  head teacher what they implement.  Schools here are having lots of cases. Schools  and shops are where  this is spread most . Just a heads up of how it turns out. Im not here to say your  schools  are not safe . But  here there has been evidence  to say thats where its still spreading.  And lockdown  does work  its the people  that you ask to do it . They are the sole problem. Then you need a good track and trace programme  to get a handle on this and again  us stupid human beings  cant even manage that.  "You cant have my details " its my hoooman rights ! Bullshit bunch.
    Something  like 40%didn't isolate when told  just  makes  a mockery  of any "rule"which isnt enforces you  know freedumb we have that here too.
    People are soley the reason its got so bad.  People
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mace1229 said:

My sisters kids too. 

Yes!  I love it.   
    In BC the schools are doing really well too. The kids have been back since September and there have been scattered, minimal cases and no outbreaks. The evidence that we have keeps showing that community spread is happening most in restaurants, bars and gyms. There are solid grounds to shut down those places and keep schools running.  
    Same in nj.  As a teacher and parent I hope and pray the governor does not shut down schools again.  I think we have had four cases in our school (1200 students plus around 85 faculty members).  
  • Options
    my youngest is in a school of about 150. my oldest is in a high school of maybe 300. i think the chances are good that they remain safe. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Its very scary atm and to make the  choices as parents is massive. I hate it. I hope  all your kids are ok and safe. Its very hard to do everything right for everyone. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    i'm watching soundgarden at hyde park in 2012. the scene of thousands of people all packed together in a mosh pit....i miss it. as much as i sometimes hated it....i miss it. i want it back. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    i'm watching soundgarden at hyde park in 2012. the scene of thousands of people all packed together in a mosh pit....i miss it. as much as i sometimes hated it....i miss it. i want it back. 
    I watched  back some pj gigs i went to and it was scary and euphoric.  I was scared before anyway but i do now cherish  each gig and person i met. I cry watching gigs i was at now. Im old and tired (in spirit )
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Speaking of kids, school and covid, hows this for privilege and douche baggery?

https://apple.news/AfDPaHp94Q5KxC-SGmfpcJA

Brilliantati©
This discussion has been closed.