Options

The coronavirus

Comments

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,287
    pfizer expects to have 50 million doses available by end of 2020 (so, that's 25 million people for a two dose vaccine) and 1.3 billion through 2021. pfizer says it will be free. 
    kinda funny that pfizer were not part of operation warp speed, so dump does not get credit for this, haha
    pence already tweeted credit to trump for it. 
    it doesn't work that way, my dude, haha
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,108
    pfizer expects to have 50 million doses available by end of 2020 (so, that's 25 million people for a two dose vaccine) and 1.3 billion through 2021. pfizer says it will be free. 
    kinda funny that pfizer were not part of operation warp speed, so dump does not get credit for this, haha
    for 70 million of your fellow citizens, it sure does. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590
    I had a successful dump this morning that he will probably try and take credit for.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,471
    I’d say at least 40 million of them believe he’s a supreme human!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Pfizer directly contradicted him with a statement immediately.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590
    Gods gift to americans right after the 2nd amendment
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Pfizer directly contradicted him with a statement immediately.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    brianlux said:
    Biden crowd:
    Thousands flock to NYCs Times Square to celebrate Joe Bidens victory

Trump crowd:
    Trump rally-goers must agree they wont sue if they contract coronavirus -  CBS News

So both sides are the same lol
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    I think it is higher than 40 million...sadly I came across a Canadian Trump supporter today.  It's just ridiculous at this point.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,555
    edited November 2020
    Post edited by cutz on
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,555
    I give credit to the Scientist , regardless of who the President is/was. 
  • Options
    That’s a big fucking curve we’re rounding, sideways.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,439
    It is indeed true that Pfizer took no funding from Operation Warp Speed

• Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,596
    edited November 2020
    I live in Southern Illinois right on the Indiana border. Due to testing results taking 6 or more days in Indiana, there are a bunch of Hoosiers crossing the river to get tested here where we have faster turn around times on results and rapid tests available. It has gotten so bad that our county health department is starting to charge $25 for non county residents to get the rapid test. 
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,596
    mcgruff10 said:
    So here’s my experience with COVID testing..

Started feeling shitty with a low grade fever last Tuesday morning. Called doctor same day. Two day wait to get a test. Got tested Thursday morning. Still waiting on test results. Its now been almost a week since the first symptom, and still no idea if I have the virus. Pretty ridiculous.

Get tested, get tested.... So you can just sit in your house with the kids you pulled out of daycare/school for at least week and go nuts.

Feeling fine the past two days...

The two times I ve been tested I got results back within two days.  
    My girlfriend, an educator, went home early from school last Thursday feeling sick.
    8:30 Friday morning got the rapid test with an immediate negative result. But, when they found out she was an educator they gave her the nostril probe. She got that negative result yesterday and is back to work today.
    My wife started to not feel well last week. She is a high school teacher so they gave her the rapid test. It was negative, turns out she had a sinus infection. With Flu and cold season starting, I can't even imagine how many people are going to start get tested due to having symptoms that are similar to COVID. They have already started limiting hours they give tests in our county health department due to the demand and the need to try to conduct contact tracing.  
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,180
    static111 said:
    brianlux said:
    Biden crowd:
    Thousands flock to NYCs Times Square to celebrate Joe Bidens victory

Trump crowd:
    Trump rally-goers must agree they wont sue if they contract coronavirus -  CBS News

So both sides are the same lol
    Definitely not the same....but c'mon, you are seriously condoning that top picture are you?  If you are, we need to open everything back up 100% and just require masks as the only protection. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,180
    Regarding all of the pro-biden gatherings, yes, idiocy doesn't know politics. let's be honest with ourselves: if Pearl Jam were to decide to hold an indoor concert and said "just wear masks", that place would still sell out in an instant, and i can count on one hand how many people on this forum i know right now wouldn't go, but the rest? 
    It is a good question to be fair.  But I would hope that those that went would understand and not be all over the internet bitching about not shutting down places of businesses.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,936
    Regarding all of the pro-biden gatherings, yes, idiocy doesn't know politics. let's be honest with ourselves: if Pearl Jam were to decide to hold an indoor concert and said "just wear masks", that place would still sell out in an instant, and i can count on one hand how many people on this forum i know right now wouldn't go, but the rest? 
    It is a good question to be fair.  But I would hope that those that went would understand and not be all over the internet bitching about not shutting down places of businesses.  
    I think we know that wouldn’t happen. Depending on what sign or flags are being waved determines whether it’s viewed as a super-spreader or a beautiful celebration of democracy. Been there done that during the protests though so the double standard is nothing new. 
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,439
    nicknyr15 said:
    I think we know that wouldn’t happen. Depending on what sign or flags are being waved determines whether it’s viewed as a super-spreader or a beautiful celebration of democracy. Been there done that during the protests though so the double standard is nothing new. 
    UV light and righteousness are both known to kill the virus on contact
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,331
    nicknyr15 said:
    It's also one thing for Trump to openly invite people to attend his rallies and downplay mask wearing at them and another for people to organically decide to come out and gather in a way that they feel safe about doing. I am not condoning what happened the other day because there are definitely increased risks with groups that large, even outdoors, but I also don't think it compares to unmasked ceremonies in the WH or packed seating at rallies. We can be critical of both without associating them as similar ignorance and lack of concern for the virus.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,557
    edited November 2020
    Swedens most famous actor just passed away in covid. Was 86 years old.

He was the king in the Antonio Banderas movie 13 Warrior. 

Have a shortfilm I made in 2015 with him narrating but never finished, untill late this october for some reason.. Weird feeling having that film now... he never got a chance to see it :(

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,811
    I love that movie -- a ridiculous movie, poor adaptation from print, and I love it anyway.
    Sorry the King died.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,426
    After a five day wait for test results, I got a positive test notice via email. Hooray for me.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    After a five day wait for test results, I got a positive test notice via email. Hooray for me.
    That news sucks. I think you said yesterday or maybe the day before that you were feeling better? I hope your recovery continues smoothly. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,041
    That sucks.  Feel better bud!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    LONDON -- Some young children have forgotten how to eat with a knife and fork and others have regressed back into diapers as the coronavirus pandemic and related school closures take a toll on young peoples' learning, the U.K. education watchdog said Tuesday.

The Office for Standards in Education, Children’s Services and Skills., known as Ofsted, published five reports based on findings from more than 900 visits to education and social care providers across England since September. Some of the children most affected by the disruption of the pandemic were those in their earliest years of education with working parents, who “experienced the double whammy of less time with parents and less time with other children,” chief inspector Amanda Spielman said.

She said teachers reported some toilet-trained students needing to use diapers again and “others who had forgotten some basic skills they had mastered, such as eating with a knife and fork – not to mention the loss of early progress in words and numbers.”
    https://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/wireStory/report-children-lose-basic-skills-virus-restrictions-74125367
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,426
    That news sucks. I think you said yesterday or maybe the day before that you were feeling better? I hope your recovery continues smoothly. 
    Outside of an a mild headache that I’ve been experiencing the past week, I feel relatively fine. Thanks for the well wishes. 
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Outside of an a mild headache that I’ve been experiencing the past week, I feel relatively fine. Thanks for the well wishes. 
    I’m sorry to hear that. Keep feeling well!
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,471
    Hey hoping you recover quickly! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
This discussion has been closed.