Options

The coronavirus

Comments

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,378
    Asked by a friend if I wanna go out drinking a beer tonight. 

Im staying at home with my cat drawing.
    Are you drawing your cat?
    Or is your cat drawing you?
    Drawing down on the right. 

Cat behind laptop up left. 

I assume the cat's name is Peter Criss or some variation thereof.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Looks cosy warm 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Poncier said:

She was 11 and already had a name when I got her -- otherwise I would have named her "Shandi" 

https://youtu.be/SWNYLMUg6B0
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,094
    lots of super spreader events happening with people celebrating biden's win. outside at least, but no distancing. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Alberta had 800 cases the other.  Seems like a lot for Alberta.  What's going on?  Ontario and Quebec as well...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    lots of super spreader events happening with people celebrating biden's win. outside at least, but no distancing. 
    Same here, but at least most are masked. And peaceful. And happy. 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,947
    "An analysis by the Associated Press shows that 93% of the 376 counties with the highest numbers of coronavirus cases per capita voted for Trump."
    -Heather Cox Richardson

So now maybe we can get down to the business of ending this pandemic!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,094
    brianlux said:
    "An analysis by the Associated Press shows that 93% of the 376 counties with the highest numbers of coronavirus cases per capita voted for Trump."
    -Heather Cox Richardson

wish it was that simple. canada's cases are rising too. getting way worse than it was in the spring. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    brianlux said:
    -Heather Cox Richardson

wish it was that simple. canada's cases are rising too. getting way worse than it was in the spring. 

Sad but true.  Let's hope a good vaccine is in the works!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited November 2020
    brianlux said:
    -Heather Cox Richardson

Hope that doesn’t flip flop after all of the partying tonight.  I saw a celebration in Chicago with most people wearing masks, but definitely a lot were not.  There was very little social distancing going on, though.  I realize people are excited tonight, but please party responsibly, there is still a pandemic going on.  Or did I miss the memo that COVID-19 is taking the night off?
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    densandensan Posts: 563
    Poncier said:

She was 11 and already had a name when I got her -- otherwise I would have named her "Shandi" 

https://youtu.be/SWNYLMUg6B0
    Off topic but never had the chance to say I had a dog named PeterGene. It was great hearing mom call "PeterGene"  
    Be different & make a difference. Decency & kindness @ a grassroots level works.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802
    Tomorrow will come and the fucking idiot science deniers will still refuse to wear masks.

Everyone should wear them.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,457
    PJPOWER said:
    brianlux said:
    -Heather Cox Richardson

Hope that doesn’t flip flop after all of the partying tonight.  I saw a celebration in Chicago with most people wearing masks, but definitely a lot were not.  There was very little social distancing going on, though.  I realize people are excited tonight, but please party responsibly, there is still a pandemic going on.  Or did I miss the memo that COVID-19 is taking the night off?
    Well the current administration had said it was over with so there’s that 😂 but for realz people should be careful..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    PJPOWER said:
    brianlux said:
    -Heather Cox Richardson

Well the current administration had said it was over with so there’s that 😂 but for realz people should be careful..
    Yeah, after what I saw last night, it has a long ways before it’s over with...Why are people idiots?  I bet some of these same people were complained about “super spreader” events when it was people they don’t agree with gathering.  I’ve lost faith in most of humanity, regardless of what stupid political faction they “align with”.  “Stupid is as stupid does”
    It’s almost as if the people on the streets last night believe what the current administration said about it being over...idiots.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    brianlux said:
    -Heather Cox Richardson

Yeah, after what I saw last night, it has a long ways before it’s over with...Why are people idiots?  I bet some of these same people were complained about “super spreader” events when it was people they don’t agree with gathering.  I’ve lost faith in most of humanity, regardless of what stupid political faction they “align with”.  “Stupid is as stupid does”
    It’s almost as if the people on the streets last night believe what the current administration said about it being over...idiots.
    Yeah this pandemic is no where near over with!
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    brianlux said:
    -Heather Cox Richardson

I was a bit concerned about the gatherings last night but it seems to me there were a lot of people wearing masks.  And compare what we saw last night to the gatherings at Trump rallies-  a BIG difference.  Hardly anyone wore masks at Trump rallies.  But yes, good advice- celebrate safely! 

I found it very encouraging knowing Biden and Harris are putting COVID at top priority and there emphasis on the focus of science and expert medical personnel to grapple with the pandemic.  I think we will begin to see better progress next year.

• Options
    edited November 2020
    brianlux said:
    PJPOWER said:
    brianlux said:
    -Heather Cox Richardson

I was a bit concerned about the gatherings last night but it seems to me there were a lot of people wearing masks.  And compare what we saw last night to the gatherings at Trump rallies-  a BIG difference.  Hardly anyone wore masks at Trump rallies.  But yes, good advice- celebrate safely! 

I found it very encouraging knowing Biden and Harris are putting COVID at top priority and there emphasis on the focus of science and expert medical personnel to grapple with the pandemic.  I think we will begin to see better progress next year.
    I truly hope so, but I’m not sure what can be done at this point as far as lessening the infection rate.  The snowball effect is in full swing.  Anyone in those crowds should be ashamed, same as the Trump rallies.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,042
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    brianlux said:
    -Heather Cox Richardson

That’s not new. It was wrong to protest the government shutting you down in April, you were an idiot and killing people. But it’s okay to protest police in May, June and July in much bigger numbers. 
    You’re an idiot and a superspresder if you go to a Trump rally, but it’s okay to gather in thousands and celebrate Biden. 
    You need to learn the rules. 
  • Options
    Biden crowd:
    Thousands flock to NYCs Times Square to celebrate Joe Bidens victory

Trump crowd:
    Trump rally-goers must agree they wont sue if they contract coronavirus -  CBS News

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,042
    Yes, there are differences in the crowd. But you don’t see a little hypocrisy in the protests and large gatherings in general though?
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    brianlux said:
    Biden crowd:

Trump crowd:
    Trump rally-goers must agree they wont sue if they contract coronavirus -  CBS News

Both bad ideas.  In that one picture of a few from Biden’s crowd, there is one person not wearing a mask and one with it below their nose.  Those two could infect everyone around them, not to mention no social distancing.  Both pics look like bad judgement during a pandemic.  
    In the livestreams last night, people were not being careful at all.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    Yes, there are differences in the crowd. But you don’t see a little hypocrisy in the protests and large gatherings in general though?

You won't find me gathering in a crowd, that's for sure!  But at least the Biden crowd acknowledges the existence of the virus and most were wearing masks. Also, the Biden crowd was outdoors and not indoors.  Don't get me wrong, I don't defend the idea of crowd gathering and especially would not defend the idea of not wearing a mask, but the differing perspectives of these groups I think is very clear.

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    Years from now when we look back at images, the caption under the top pic will talk about a celebration despite a pandemic and the other a caption that speaks to the division that one man and his sycophants was able to exploit.
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,839
    I think it’s disingenuous to suggest the Trump gatherings were dangerous and things like yesterday were not.  Biden is supposed to be leading in this area. The speech probably should have been on TV only.  The other gatherings are not on Biden but again, super-spreading knows no party.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    And equally disingenuous to deny that one group is much more likely to consider and pursue other mitigation after taking part in a large gathering. It’s a bad look, risky and absolutely frivolous but I know which crowd I’d rather be sitting in to say nothing of the political makeup of either. I
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    brianlux said:
    Biden crowd:

Trump crowd:

Both bad ideas.  In that one picture of a few from Biden’s crowd, there is one person not wearing a mask and one with it below their nose.  Those two could infect everyone around them, not to mention no social distancing.  Both pics look like bad judgement during a pandemic.  
    Really it’s like night & day to me both sides are not the same lol look to what states are the highest infections rate? All red
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    brianlux said:
    Biden crowd:

Trump crowd:

Really it’s like night & day to me both sides are not the same lol look to what states are the highest infections rate? All red

Exactly.  That's what Heather Cox Richards pointed out statistically.  Again, "93% of the 376 counties with the highest numbers of coronavirus cases per capita voted for Trump".

So here is an opportunity for people of all parties to come together.  Realize the mistakes of large group gatherings, especially without masks, lose the allegiance to public figures who are ignorant on the issue an go with true science and medicine and work together to reduce and eventually end this thing.  I can't see any reason anyone would not go along with that-- not even outliers who would love to see the human population decimated.  COVID is taking many lives, but it will not significantly reduce world-wide human population numbers and it is only serving to cause much pain, suffering and grief.

• Options
    Looks like it’s going away to me, like things go away.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    PJPOWER said:
    brianlux said:
    Biden crowd:

Trump crowd:

Exactly.  That's what Heather Cox Richards pointed out statistically.  Again, "93% of the 376 counties with the highest numbers of coronavirus cases per capita voted for Trump".

So here is an opportunity for people of all parties to come together.  Realize the mistakes of large group gatherings, especially without masks, lose the allegiance to public figures who are ignorant on the issue an go with true science and medicine and work together to reduce and eventually end this thing.  I can't see any reason anyone would not go along with that-- not even outliers who would love to see the human population decimated.  COVID is taking many lives, but it will not significantly reduce world-wide human population numbers and it is only serving to cause much pain, suffering and grief.

Yes it’s pretty clear how this virus should of been dealt with from the very beginning! Wear a fuckiing mask and avoid large gatherings, so yes both sides are guilty of not abiding by simple safety measures!!
  • Options
    But one side from day one dismissed the danger of not following simple guidelines from the CDC, take a look at how many people got infected in this administration tell me how they were the people in charge? It’s unreal at how inept they are good riddance! 
This discussion has been closed.