Options

The coronavirus

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542
    anybody watch the south park pandemic special last night?

I did.  It wasn't as good as I was hoping for but still pretty funny. 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,970
    hedonist said:
    I used to work with a man who permanently lost his sense of taste during and after cancer. The guy adored food too, shared some exquisite meals with him. 

I can’t imagine that, nor not being able to smell. The olfactory sense is so powerful.  
    That happened to my grandfather.  He had cancer in his salivary glands and the treatment wiped out his taste to the point that everything tasted like aspirin.  That sucks.  
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,168
    anybody watch the south park pandemic special last night?

I did.  It wasn't as good as I was hoping for but still pretty funny. 
    i feel the same way. it had some funny moments, but on the whole did not live up to the hype. and i love south park, so if i wasn't crazy about it a casual fan would not be either.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,894
    GlowGirl said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    I've got a friend in the hospital right now (or at least as of a couple of days ago) getting oxygen.  He'd fit in well on this thread; knows the seriousness, masks, distancing, staying home, etc.  Meanhwhile one of our MAGA friends acts like nothing has changed (except when he's whining that he can't take his trip to Banff) and...nothing.  Covid 19 is random and has NO sense of poetic justice.
    Hope your friend fully recovers. I keep hearing of lingering negative side effects.
    Nothing serious thankfully, my wife and I just got taste and smell back after almost 7 weeks. And it’s not even 100% still. 
    Wow. That is a long time. My sense of smell and taste was only gone for about 10 days before it started coming back. I think it was fully back within 2 weeks. I am glad you and your wife are doing better.

So what were your initial symptoms?  

My first symptom was a strange pain on my upper back. It felt like a bad sunburn, but no redness. I went to the doctor and they dismissed it, and told me to take Aleve. This was back in March when they were not testing anyone who didn't have a high fever, cough, etc. I had none of those. I later found out that skin pain was a symptom. The back pain went away in about two days, and was replaced by a general feeling of fatigue, low appetite, fuzzy head in the morning - like when you have a cold. Just that feeling of being under the weather. Then I lost my sense of taste and smell. That was the last and final symptom. The whole ordeal was about 10-14 days total. But my symptoms were such that if we didn't know about COVID, I probably would have just gone about my day as normal - just feeling a bit tired.

• Options
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    I've got a friend in the hospital right now (or at least as of a couple of days ago) getting oxygen.  He'd fit in well on this thread; knows the seriousness, masks, distancing, staying home, etc.  Meanhwhile one of our MAGA friends acts like nothing has changed (except when he's whining that he can't take his trip to Banff) and...nothing.  Covid 19 is random and has NO sense of poetic justice.
    Hope your friend fully recovers. I keep hearing of lingering negative side effects.
    Nothing serious thankfully, my wife and I just got taste and smell back after almost 7 weeks. And it’s not even 100% still. 
    Wow. That is a long time. My sense of smell and taste was only gone for about 10 days before it started coming back. I think it was fully back within 2 weeks. I am glad you and your wife are doing better.

My first symptom was a strange pain on my upper back. It felt like a bad sunburn, but no redness. I went to the doctor and they dismissed it, and told me to take Aleve. This was back in March when they were not testing anyone who didn't have a high fever, cough, etc. I had none of those. I later found out that skin pain was a symptom. The back pain went away in about two days, and was replaced by a general feeling of fatigue, low appetite, fuzzy head in the morning - like when you have a cold. Just that feeling of being under the weather. Then I lost my sense of taste and smell. That was the last and final symptom. The whole ordeal was about 10-14 days total. But my symptoms were such that if we didn't know about COVID, I probably would have just gone about my day as normal - just feeling a bit tired.

Interesting...glad it was minor

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,894
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    OnWis97 said:

Interesting...glad it was minor
    Me too. Until I lost my sense of smell and taste, I wasn't sure I had Covid. Then I suspected it was. I finally got an antibody test in May, and came back positive for antibodies. I am thinking of getting another antibody test to see if I still have them. I know that some reports say that they may only last a few months - so mine may be long gone by now.

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    nicknyr15 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Thanks everyone! Yes it’s a “minor” thing but it sucks! Even worse, somethings taste weird or off when your taste starts to come back. My wife still can’t enjoy coffee and we’re big coffee drinkers. 
    My dad died of pancreatic cancer and while his quality of life was diminishing in so many ways, he pointed out that you just don't realize how much the taste of food matters until you cannot taste it.

100%. I hate complaining about that symptom because compared to severe cases I may come off bad. But it SUCKS not tasting food. I started to get nervous because it lasted so long. Luckily it’s coming back. 
    Yeah...it  could be worse, but you're going through what you're going through and complaining about it can be therapeutic.  (I mean, don't respond to someone saying "I struggle for every breath" by saying "yeah, well I can't taste food!" but to a general audience, you're not in a pissing contest). 

Someone always has it worse.  Doesn't mean you don't have it bad.

1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    nicknyr15 said:
    Thanks everyone! Yes it’s a “minor” thing but it sucks! Even worse, somethings taste weird or off when your taste starts to come back. My wife still can’t enjoy coffee and we’re big coffee drinkers. 
    My son got it at school.  It was mild for him since he's 18.  But he did say the same.  While he felt run down, the worst part was the loss of taste.  It was too weird.  I can't believe how long it affected you. That's terrible. His came back in about 4 days.  The whole process was about 10 days between when he got the first symptom until symptom free. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    My son got it at school.  It was mild for him since he's 18.  But he did say the same.  While he felt run down, the worst part was the loss of taste.  It was too weird.  I can't believe how long it affected you. That's terrible. His came back in about 4 days.  The whole process was about 10 days between when he got the first symptom until symptom free. 
    so you didn't catch it from him?  Or is he at school away from home?

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,550
    Good leadership starts at the top.....

White House fight over masks signaled Covid-19 plans running awry https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/01/politics/white-house-face-masks-coronavirus-culture/index.html

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    edited October 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    so you didn't catch it from him?  Or is he at school away from home?
    We drove to school with his car.  He drove himself back and then sequestered himself upstairs for the week.  We were all quite careful.  It's possible I got it and had zero symptoms, but I don't think that's the case. 

Edit - and his campus was already disbanding because there were a thousand cases within two weeks of restarting.  This is JMU in Virginia which was all over the news with its outbreak.  They are going back to a hybrid model starting Monday.  We'll see what happens...
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • Options

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,793
    Very bizarre experience for sure 
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Glad that you’re both feeling better!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,304
    At the hospital where I work we’re preparing for the 2nd wave, we’ve gotten new cases and set up parts of two units to be designated for C19 patients, it’s unreal that this is what’s happening! Stay safe folks glad n15 is feeling better glad you’re coming through but stay vigilant this virus ain’t going nowhere! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,793
    At the hospital where I work we’re preparing for the 2nd wave, we’ve gotten new cases and set up parts of two units to be designated for C19 patients, it’s unreal that this is what’s happening! Stay safe folks glad n15 is feeling better glad you’re coming through but stay vigilant this virus ain’t going nowhere! 
    Thanks man. 
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,552
    ^Yes, thanks Jose, for the encouragement to stay on guard. I 'm struggling with wanting to take the kids to the pool as the weather cools here. Some classmates of my daughter are going back to weekly swim lessons. It's tempting to go. I also am weighing the risk of piano lessons. GEEZ.
  • Options
    tish said:
    ^Yes, thanks Jose, for the encouragement to stay on guard. I 'm struggling with wanting to take the kids to the pool as the weather cools here. Some classmates of my daughter are going back to weekly swim lessons. It's tempting to go. I also am weighing the risk of piano lessons. GEEZ.
    Stay safe wish you the best hoping she get to swim it’s by far my favorite physical activity!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,629
    tish said:
    Stay safe wish you the best hoping she get to swim it’s by far my favorite physical activity!
    My favorite physical activity is.....well, this is an all ages forum.  ;)

I agree with the message - stay frosty.  Don't let the guard down and subject yourself or others to this!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    tish said:

I agree with the message - stay frosty.  Don't let the guard down and subject yourself or others to this!
    Well I agree 😉
  • Options
    tish said:

Current swimming? You have one of those current pools?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,629
    Everyone should be able to play in the current.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Hope’s Hickey tested positive for covid. Keep ignoring masking up Team Trump Treason Tax Cheat.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,550
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    Hope’s Hickey tested positive for covid. Keep ignoring masking up Team Trump Treason Tax Cheat.
    must.....not.......comment.........further

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    if trump's in quarantine who's going to bring him his McDinner every night?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,120
    if trump's in quarantine who's going to bring him his McDinner every night?

Is it wrong to hope they played spin the bottle on air force one?
  • Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 820
    Official. Trump has Covid.
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    Now we will see how fit he really  is.  5 days time
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
This discussion has been closed.