Options

The coronavirus

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    That’s true and well said @HughFreakingDillon but also, some people are fucking stupid. 
    :lol:
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    GlowGirl said:
    DewieCox said:
    Haven’t you heard masks cause Legionnaire’s and assault your naturally built immunity.
    My favorite was that wearing masks makes you breath in your own carbon monoxide. Uh. I think if humans breathed out carbon monoxide, we would all be dead anyway.
    It's kind of analogous to "I actually drive better drunk, because I'm more careful."  Both are huge stretches meant to rationalize bad behavior.

1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    People in Ontario are waiting up to 6 hours to get tested...

Fucking ridiculous.  Wait until November and beyond...Ontario gets cold.  

No fucking way I wait 6 hours.  I’ll stay home for 2 weeks.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,008
    I have no idea how testing is here for others, but my work encourages us to get tested every 2 weeks. Its a drive up, no wait, stick my head out the window and get my results about a day and half later. My employer covers the cost of the test.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    I have no idea how testing is here for others, but my work encourages us to get tested every 2 weeks. Its a drive up, no wait, stick my head out the window and get my results about a day and half later. My employer covers the cost of the test.
    Damn I just got tested last week it was super easy but not something I’d want to do more than once a yr , most uncomfortable things I’ve gone through!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    The test I just took was a drive up. They have you blow your nose and then sterilize your hands with sanitizer.  They give you a qtip to put up your nose and twist three times in one nostril, wait 15 seconds put it in the other nostril repeat. Place qtip in the test tube that they hold out and supposedly get results in 48 hrs...I haven’t heard of this method
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    static111 said:
    The test I just took was a drive up. They have you blow your nose and then sterilize your hands with sanitizer.  They give you a qtip to put up your nose and twist three times in one nostril, wait 15 seconds put it in the other nostril repeat. Place qtip in the test tube that they hold out and supposedly get results in 48 hrs...I haven’t heard of this method
    i thought it had to be administered by a professional since it goes so far up the nostril. heard it called the "brain tickler". 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    static111 said:
    i thought it had to be administered by a professional since it goes so far up the nostril. heard it called the "brain tickler". 
    That’s what I thought too I was very surprised that it was a self administered test that you hand off to what basically appeared to be volunteers...maybe some of our healthcare professional friends will shed a light on this

Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    That’s what I thought too I was very surprised that it was a self administered test that you hand off to what basically appeared to be volunteers...maybe some of our healthcare professional friends will shed a light on this

Yeah the swab I got was all the way into your nasal cavity it actually felt like my brain was touched ughh 

• Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,527
    They are rolling out swish and spit tests for our overexposed school kids.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    mace1229 said:
    Damn I just got tested last week it was super easy but not something I’d want to do more than once a yr , most uncomfortable things I’ve gone through!
    Can't be as fun as a home enema kit. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Uhm never had one I hope I don’t need one any time soon 😳
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,718
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:

Oh, wait, why am I laughing.  I tried it once.  That was enough.  :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:

Oh, wait, why am I laughing.  I tried it once.  That was enough.  :lol:
    When you have one, you have a party. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,774
    Man, so many countries around the world reporting highest numbers since May. What the hell is going on? Is this thing just impossible to contain? 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    Man, so many countries around the world reporting highest numbers since May. What the hell is going on? Is this thing just impossible to contain? 
    According to Trump supporter at work it’s just meant to make Trump look bad...
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Yep,  the whole world came together nicely for this massive lie. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    mrussel1 said: oh
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    The virus will disappear right after election day.  Duh
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,114
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

But if he is doing a great job, how could it possibly make trump look bad?
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,718
    Image may contain 2 people text that says The COVID vaccine should be tested on politicians and bureaucrats If they survive the vaccine is safe If they dont survive our country is safe
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    Image may contain 2 people text that says The COVID vaccine should be tested on politicians and bureaucrats If they survive the vaccine is safe If they dont survive our country is safe
    haha. reading that in halpert's voice is tremendous. it's worded how that character would say it, too. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    trump and his admin halt YET ANOTHER plan (back in april) that could have saved lives:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/09/18/white-house-coronavirus-mail-masks-washington-post-gupta-newday-vpx.cnn
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Lol. I just got my Corona results and tested positive towards the negative so that will give work guy more fuel to the nobody gets corona virus fire 🦠 🔥 
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,527
    I noticed the CDC in the States updated their information to state breathing air is a means of transmission, finally. I bought an air purifuer because it has been on my list for a while when it's smoky and because they recommended it. 

Really, I would be better to change some of my choices to lower risks, but why not?
  • Options

• Options
    mrussel1 said:

Yes to this meme.   Trump guy today said that now that the cdc says the virus is airborne it proves him right about masks being stupid.  He also said only the old and at risk will die and that the death rate is very low for under 55 and if the US would just quarantine old people we would all be fine, but the masks make it worse and lead to more elderly and preexisting condition deaths.   What a world...
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Yes to this meme.   Trump guy today said that now that the cdc says the virus is airborne it proves him right about masks being stupid.  He also said only the old and at risk will die and that the death rate is very low for under 55 and if the US would just quarantine old people we would all be fine, but the masks make it worse and lead to more elderly and preexisting condition deaths.   What a world...
    CDC pulled that statement.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:

They just put it out today and then redacted it?
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:

yes, they literally said someone hit send when they shouldn't have. 

this pandemic is being dealt with by fucking clowns in the US. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:

yes, they literally said someone hit send when they shouldn't have. 

this pandemic is being dealt with by fucking clowns in the US. 
    Crazy.  Oh and today on an unrelated note Trump coworker was talking about Hannibal Lecter as if he wasn’t a fictional character.  I’m like dude that’s a fictional character and he’s like no there really was a Hannibal lecter.   Well no wonder he is a science denier
    Scio me nihil scire

This discussion has been closed.