Options

The coronavirus

Comments

• Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    bbiggs said:
    ^ At least 24 days.  Good news, indeed. 
    So, it mentions Ohio...but in reality things didn;t break open with lot more people out and about until last week.  May 4th is when some limitations were dropped, but really not 'move the needle' ones.  We have another 2-3 weeks to see the effects.
    Same in IL, which was not on the list.  I think GA, FL and those states are good indicators now.  They loosened up before many other states did.Time will continue to tell.

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,871
    bbiggs said:
    ^ At least 24 days.  Good news, indeed. 
    So, it mentions Ohio...but in reality things didn;t break open with lot more people out and about until last week.  May 4th is when some limitations were dropped, but really not 'move the needle' ones.  We have another 2-3 weeks to see the effects.
      caught that too.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,757

It's a conspiracy!  That's how they will get rid of us.  That's how it is that Planet of the Apes is not some piece of science fiction.  It's prophesy!  Say hello to your future masters:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,077
    brianlux said:

It's a conspiracy!  That's how they will get rid of us.  That's how it is that Planet of the Apes is not some piece of science fiction.  It's prophesy!  Say hello to your future masters:

Evolved conquering apes would only be about the 4th most concering thing from the past 48 hours somehow 
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    The new SARS. it will come. it will go, and it won't amount to very much (relatively speaking). 
    I don't know man...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    brianlux said:

Evolved conquering apes would only be about the 4th most concering thing from the past 48 hours somehow 

I would put that much lower on a list of concerning matters.   Much, much lower.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    The new SARS. it will come. it will go, and it won't amount to very much (relatively speaking). 
    I don't know man...
    yep. that post didn't age well, did it? lol
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122

Well I got the call today about my CV19 test. It came negative as I expected and relieved. I'm STILL nervous going out and being in places where there's many people.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    edited May 2020
    At one point we had almost $3 billion dollars earmarked for ventilators ... back when not having ventilators was our #1 crisis ... I'm assuming they are still making them.  So are we going to have to build one of those giant warehouses from Raider of the Lost Ark to put them in?  Either way I don't think we should have to worry about another ventilator crisis in our lifetimes.
  • Options
    Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 723
    Jason P said:
    At one point we had almost $3 billion dollars earmarked for ventilators ... back when not having ventilators was our #1 crisis ... I'm assuming they are still making them.  So are we going to have to build one of those giant warehouses from Raider of the Lost Ark to put them in?  Either way I don't think we should have to worry about another ventilator crisis in our lifetimes.

This is America. We'll compact 90% of those ventilators into cubes to guarantee a supply shortage next time they're needed.
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • Options
    I don't know man...
    yep. that post didn't age well, did it? lol
    hahaha

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    g under p said:

Well I got the call today about my CV19 test. It came negative as I expected and relieved. I'm STILL nervous going out and being in places where there's many people.

Peace
    That is great news!

Here is hour our stable genius president indicated his negative result a few days ago:

"I tested very positively in another sense," Trump added. "I tested positively toward negative, right? So no, I tested perfectly this morning. Meaning I tested negative. But that's a way of saying it. Positively toward the negative."
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    g under p said:

Peace

Good to hear, g!

• Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    g under p said:

Peace
    That is great news!

Here is hour our stable genius president indicated his negative result a few days ago:

"I tested very positively in another sense," Trump added. "I tested positively toward negative, right? So no, I tested perfectly this morning. Meaning I tested negative. But that's a way of saying it. Positively toward the negative."
    I thought for sure he'd test negatively toward the positive at some point.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    brianlux said:
    g under p said:

Peace

Good to hear, g!
    Oh also the antibodies as well same for my sister who is staying with me. I also get some kind of certificate saying I'm negative on a certain date. That said, NOTHING  has changed people, we STILL have to take ALL the precautions we did back in March. Even more so since some are going lax in the behavior and movements.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    I wonder how many cases will spike from all of the recent protests :(
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    Minnesota is even saying most of the arrests are people from out of state. I was reliably informed that this sort of thing is extremely dangerous.
  • Options
    We were very concerned about a bunch of idiots recreating the caddyshack pool party in the Ozarks a week ago ... simpler times ... 
  • Options
    Jason P said:
    We were very concerned about a bunch of idiots recreating the caddyshack pool party in the Ozarks a week ago ... simpler times ... 
    At least one positive test from there since.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    PJPOWER said:

At least some are wearing masks..
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    PJPOWER said:

At least some are wearing masks..
    True...
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,677
    edited May 2020
    pjl44 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Minnesota is even saying most of the arrests are people from out of state. I was reliably informed that this sort of thing is extremely dangerous.
    I've heard people say this,  including Trump,  as if it's some sort of mitigating factor or something
     What does it matter where the American protesters live?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    I've heard people say this,  including Trump,  as if it's some sort of mitigating factor or something
    I think the inference is the instigators of the violence and looting arent local. that most of the residents protesting ate doing so peacefully.

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    virus spread. 
  • Options
    Jason P said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    virus spread. 
    Really? That's the reason?
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    I think the inference is the instigators of the violence and looting arent local. that most of the residents protesting ate doing so peacefully.
    Hmm. Is that better,  worse? What's the difference?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Jason P said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    virus spread. 
    Really? That's the reason?
    in this particular thread about the coronovirus, we are watching 3 months of quarantine go poof!
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    It was a topic of discussion after the Michigan protest. There was deep concern expressed about virus spread because protesters had come from far and wide. This was tongue in cheek.

Meanwhile...

• Options
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    It was a topic of discussion after the Michigan protest. There was deep concern expressed about virus spread because protesters had come from far and wide. This was tongue in cheek.

Meanwhile...

Shocking. Think about it,  it's MSP. Where would these people be driving from to get MSP?  Fargo? Madison?
This discussion has been closed.