Options

The coronavirus

Comments

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    Alright, so had anybody here had a CV19 test?

Holy crap I thought the woman was trying to massage my brain for 20 seconds. Then in midst of it she asks me, are you a Red Sox fan? I'm like you REALLY want me to answer that while you're raping my nostrils.

I'm glad that's over with, now I wait 3-6 days for the results.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,677
    g under p said:

Holy crap I thought the woman was trying to massage my brain for 20 seconds. Then in midst of it she asks me, are you a Red Sox fan? I'm like you REALLY want me to answer that while you're raping my nostrils.

Peace
    Do you have symptoms or just curious? If I did anything,  I'd take the antibody test to see if I had it

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    mrussel1 said:
    g under p said:

Peace
    Do you have symptoms or just curious? If I did anything,  I'd take the antibody test to see if I had it

Nope no symptoms at all. I just live across the street from the Ballpark of the Palm Beaches where the testing is done. If there's no difficulty in getting tested, why not. I'd just wanted to know and if it's not any trials or tribulations everybody should go get tested.

Btw, what's the antibody test is that different than what I went through this morning? 

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    Antibody test is meant to show if you have had it and recovered

Don't think there is much point in getting it, personally, unless they show there is a benefit of knowing you have had it.  (Hopefully, that you have immunity)

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,188
    Smellyman said:
    static111 said:
    https://twitter.com/joshuapotash/status/1263957793293336579?s=21
    Then there’s this creep vile human it’s not the Baffoon but close 

Sometimes I wonder why I live in Texas....

a sh!thole state
    An extremely shallow comment. Let me guess, you probably think we all wear cowboy boots and ride horses too? 
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,140
    JW269453 said:
    Smellyman said:
    static111 said:

a sh!thole state
    An extremely shallow comment. Let me guess, you probably think we all wear cowboy boots and ride horses too? 
    Nah. Y’all just vote for the grabber in chief.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    edited May 2020
    g under p said:
    mrussel1 said:
    g under p said:

Peace

Nope no symptoms at all. I just live across the street from the Ballpark of the Palm Beaches where the testing is done. If there's no difficulty in getting tested, why not. I'd just wanted to know and if it's not any trials or tribulations everybody should go get tested.

Btw, what's the antibody test is that different than what I went through this morning? 

Peace
    Yeah blood drawn test at work they offered it to all employees optional, out of 8 of us in my office 5 got it done including me! Only one tested positive my manager he said he felt very mild symptoms..
    Post edited by josevolution on
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    g under p said:
    mrussel1 said:
    g under p said:

Peace

Peace
    Yeah blood drawn test at work they offered it everyone in my office did it out of 8 of us only 5 us opted to get it done , we had one positive result my manager, I tested negative..

Cuomo tried to sell the nasal swab test to us last week and it seemed that thing went 2 feet into his brain. No way I will get the swab unless forced. Even then I  may quit my job if they don’t offer the blood test instead.

Cuomo's brother then mentioned it was no problem for the gov because he has such a giant nose:

I mean, look at the size of that thing.
    Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    JW269453 said:
    Smellyman said:
    static111 said:

a sh!thole state
    47.77% of the people who voted would beg to differ. In a state with 29 million people, trump received 4,685,047 votes (16%). New York by comparison has 19.5 million people and trump received 2,819,534 votes (14.5%). It’s cool though, I understand some people just can’t help but stereotype. By your logic, trump is a New Yorker so therefore you are a trump. Is that how this works?
    Post edited by FiveBelow on
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    JW269453 said:
    Smellyman said:
    static111 said:

a sh!thole state
    Howdy fellow Texan.  It is clear that there are a lot of people that haven’t seen or refuse to see some of the great things our state has to offer.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,558
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,757
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    Smellyman said:
    static111 said:

a sh!thole state
    47.77% of the people who voted would beg to differ. In a state with 29 million people, trump received 4,685,047 votes (16%). New York by comparison has 19.5 million people and trump received 2,819,534 votes (14.5%). It’s cool though, I understand some people just can’t help but stereotype. By your logic, trump is a New Yorker so therefore you are a trump. Is that how this works?

I've never been to Texas (other than changing planes in Dallas), but I know at least one good thing about your state:

I hear Austin is pretty too, city wise, and I'd love to see Big Bend.

But y'all have some major shit to deal with there too.  All states do, of course, but maybe TX has more than it's fare share.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    One of my favorite steakhouses in the country is in Austin.  Also cool to see the joints that SRV frequented.  

The thing that strikes me about Texas though is the concrete.  Dallas and Houston just seem like a web of interchanges. 
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    static111 said:
    JW269453 said:
    Smellyman said:
    static111 said:

a sh!thole state
    Howdy fellow Texan.  It is clear that there are a lot of people that haven’t seen or refuse to see some of the great things our state has to offer.
    It is unique and probably has a place for just about anyone to fit in. I’ve always felt Hollywood’s portrayal of Texans is laughable and one of the main reasons people perceive us the way they do.
    brianlux said:
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    Smellyman said:
    static111 said:

a sh!thole state

I've never been to Texas (other than changing planes in Dallas), but I know at least one good thing about your state:

But y'all have some major shit to deal with there too.  All states do, of course, but maybe TX has more than it's fare share.
    Gotta love Willie! The Red Headed Stranger album is almost like a lullaby for me.
    mrussel1 said:
    One of my favorite steakhouses in the country is in Austin.  Also cool to see the joints that SRV frequented.  

The thing that strikes me about Texas though is the concrete.  Dallas and Houston just seem like a web of interchanges. 
    I’ve driven to Dallas probably 100 times, I am not a fan of navigating through that chaos.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Smellyman said:
    static111 said:

a sh!thole state
    A shithole comment.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    We've lived in Oregon, and now Missouri.

We both miss Texas. It is home for us. I think it's safe to say that we'll be back in TX within the next 5-10 years.

It's a beautiful and diverse state. If your only experience is driving through Dallas/Houston/Austin traffic.....then you haven't really seen or experienced the state.

On another note....
    My Aunt has COVID. She is terrified, but determined to fight it. She's an amazing woman and I hope that she wins this battle so I can see her again. 

Be well, all. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    My parents lived in San Antonio in the early ‘60s before moving to CA; my sister was born there too. It looks like a lovely town from the old photos I’ve seen. 

Best wishes for your aunt, mfc. 
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    edited May 2020
    brianlux said:
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    Smellyman said:
    static111 said:

a sh!thole state

My wife and I went to Texas for the first time In October (Ft  Worth) just to see Willie. We had so much fun we went back in February to take our 2 boys. They are 3 and 5 and had more fun than Disneyland walking around. They are in a cowboy phase and got a bunch of cowboy gear for Christmas they got to wear all weekend. Such a fun place. Can’t wait to go back again. 

Just remembered a few weeks ago we got round trip tickets to go back in the fall for $60 for all 4 of us. $60 total, airlines were/are hurting for business and couldn’t pass up that deal.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    My parents lived in San Antonio in the early ‘60s before moving to CA; my sister was born there too. It looks like a lovely town from the old photos I’ve seen. 

Best wishes for your aunt, mfc. 
    Thank you.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    Smellyman said:
    static111 said:

a sh!thole state

That's certainly putting lipstick on Texas' political ideology. Let's hope it changes in 6 months. A democrat has not won any statewide election in 30 years and the state has voted GOP 40 years running for president. Trump won Texas by 9 points. Many Republicans voted Johnson because they knew trump would easily win the state.

Trump lost his then home state by 20 points and changed his official residency after the election to FL. He rarely steps foot publicly in NY because he knows the reception he'll  get 

http://youtu.be/OsRH97wjjtE
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,757
    Have a great rest of the holiday weekend friend, but take care as well.  Let's not repeat 1918 San Francisco mistakes and woes.

‘Like adding kindling to embers’

We have been here before. The threats of a second wave were borne out in the 1918 influenza pandemic, in which a third of the world’s population were infected with the virus.

The spread was successfully curtailed in San Francisco thanks to the prompt implementation of mitigation measures including a city-wide shutdown and requirement to wear masks in public.

As the infection rate dwindled, city leaders relaxed the lockdown measures in November 1918; bars, restaurants and sports arenas reopened, and people poured out onto the streets in celebration, tossing their masks in the process. A month later, the second wave hit San Francisco, but this time much of the public – including the Anti-Mask League – resisted public health mandates. The city ended up with nearly 45,000 cases and over 3,200 reported deaths. San Francisco ended up being one of the country’s worst-hit major cities.

Stephen Morse, director of the infectious disease epidemiology program at Columbia University medical center, said as long as the virus is circulating in humans, there will be flare-ups as soon as it’s introduced to a street, town or county with enough susceptible people.

“It’s like adding kindling to embers,” said Morse.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,521
    Frank-Walter Steinmeier, president of Germany..
    ready..action..and cut..

https://youtu.be/ywM6TA4azrE
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    mfc2006 said:

We both miss Texas. It is home for us. I think it's safe to say that we'll be back in TX within the next 5-10 years.

It's a beautiful and diverse state. If your only experience is driving through Dallas/Houston/Austin traffic.....then you haven't really seen or experienced the state.

On another note....
    My Aunt has COVID. She is terrified, but determined to fight it. She's an amazing woman and I hope that she wins this battle so I can see her again. 

Be well, all. 
    Oh man here’s hoping she makes a speedy recovery, I’m turning 60 this upcoming September I’m going to wait to see what happens in November before we decide where we will spend our retirement yrs ..I’m more of a west coast guy I gotta have the ocean by me ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Two hair stylists potentially put 140 clients at risk while working WITH SYMPTOMS for up to 8 days.  I think there will be more of this unfortunately.  People will be faced with decisions about staying home when they know they’re sick, but managing the symptoms, vs. going to work because they’re desperate for money after being off work for months. 

• Options
    I’m not on FB, but a friend sent me this.  I appreciate this man’s service, but that aside, this behavior is so fucking ignorant.  This “I am lion, hear me roar” bullshit is going to cause some real ugly scenes in stores at some point.  Somehow no mask = tough guy all of a sudden.  Please.  I’m going to have to keep my cool when ass holes like this walk around in stores with no masks. It’s going to be tough. Outdoors is a different story. Inside, be a decent fucking person and put the mask on FFS. 

• Options
    Yeah he’s a lion because his friend was in battle.  Got it.  

I was in Northern Tools yesterday and only a few people without masks.  Lowe’s was almost 100% masked.
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,921
    This was from an Italian magazine in 1962 speculating what the world would look like in 2022. Seems about right. 

• Options
    mfc2006 said:

On another note....

Be well, all. 
    Oh man here’s hoping she makes a speedy recovery, I’m turning 60 this upcoming September I’m going to wait to see what happens in November before we decide where we will spend our retirement yrs ..I’m more of a west coast guy I gotta have the ocean by me ..
    Thanks, buddy.

We've also talked retiring in San Diego. Love that city....we still have some years until we retire, but I like daydreaming about living there!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,077
    bbiggs said:
    Two hair stylists potentially put 140 clients at risk while working WITH SYMPTOMS for up to 8 days.  I think there will be more of this unfortunately.  People will be faced with decisions about staying home when they know they’re sick, but managing the symptoms, vs. going to work because they’re desperate for money after being off work for months. 

I mentioned this with the protests, but we really should make lemonade out of these situations. I hope someone checks back in every couple weeks (or once in a few weeks or whatever) to see how many people caught it. Would be interested to see what the degree of risk was in this situation. 
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    bbiggs said:

I mentioned this with the protests, but we really should make lemonade out of these situations. I hope someone checks back in every couple weeks (or once in a few weeks or whatever) to see how many people caught it. Would be interested to see what the degree of risk was in this situation. 
    I’m also interested to see if anyone catches it from these encounters.  Hopefully CNN reports the outcome no matter what it is.  If no cases, that’s pretty telling about safety levels when both people have masks on. 
This discussion has been closed.