The coronavirus

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,059
    edited April 2020
    The FDA that is approving the home test is the same FDA that said it is unlikely to catch the virus from food delivery?
    The same FDA that put bread, cereal, pasta on the food pyramid?  That pushed Milk on the country as a crucial part of our diets?

Motivated by money.  I'm sure they do many fine things and I would rather have some testing vs no testing by a governing body, but I am always suspicious of the FDA 
    Is it likely to catch the virus from food delivery?
    I think that depends on who carries the box up and puts it on your porch.  Or who sneezes on the box.
    I just feel they are pushing that, in spite of what many other reports are, to help restaurants keep some business going though delivery.  

And, I get that desire.  But, I am suspicious of their motive 
    I have not (and will not) order anything I don't cook and or quarantine for a period of time 

In for a penny, in for a pound 
    It's people like you

WHO MADE MY MOM LOSE HER JOB

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,197
    The FDA that is approving the home test is the same FDA that said it is unlikely to catch the virus from food delivery?
    The same FDA that put bread, cereal, pasta on the food pyramid?  That pushed Milk on the country as a crucial part of our diets?

Motivated by money.  I'm sure they do many fine things and I would rather have some testing vs no testing by a governing body, but I am always suspicious of the FDA 
    I think that depends on who carries the box up and puts it on your porch.  Or who sneezes on the box.
    I just feel they are pushing that, in spite of what many other reports are, to help restaurants keep some business going though delivery.  

I have not (and will not) order anything I don't cook and or quarantine for a period of time 

It's people like you

I thought malls and restaurants were open in Sweden? With little to no social distancing? Everybody out and about doing their thing?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,832

It's people like you

I know you're mostly joking, but for all you know, though, people like @F Me In The Brain may have or live with someone who is at a high risk of serious to lethal illness.

That being said, I live with two such people and have gotten takeout the past two nights. :lol:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Please update your GIFs above.

Thank you.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,832
    No. :tongue:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • I do live with one such person and have food here.  Don't need to do the order out thing.  

Also, I believe I have already had the virus just as all of this started to happen, and I still am going to be all in (if in at all) for as long as it takes to get a test which can indicate with some reasonable accuracy that I have had it or not.

I don't see the point of doing stuff half or 3/4 way.  Just not my style.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

It's people like you

#metoo.
    If I didn't cook it, I don't trust it.  
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,286

I honestly was shocked when they said it wasn’t necessary to wipe down groceries. People touch stuff and put them back every second. How could you recommend to not wipe down anything that comes in from a store? Terrible advice 

It's people like you

I thought malls and restaurants were open in Sweden? With little to no social distancing? Everybody out and about doing their thing?

• nicknyr15 said:

I honestly was shocked when they said it wasn’t necessary to wipe down groceries. People touch stuff and put them back every second. How could you recommend to not wipe down anything that comes in from a store? Terrible advice 
    Motivated by money.  
    It is truly awful advice 
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    static111 said:

Wait you mean people don’t actually need what baby cow’s need? 
    I've always found this interesting.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2012/12/27/168144785/an-evolutionary-whodunit-how-did-humans-develop-lactose-tolerance

Benefits of being lactase persistent in adulthoodEdit

The consumption of lactose has been shown to benefit humans with lactase persistence through adulthood. For example, the 2009 British Women's Heart and Health Study[46] investigated the effects on women's health of the alleles that coded for lactase persistence. Where the C allele indicated lactase nonpersistence and the T allele indicated lactase persistence, the study found that women who were homozygous for the C allele exhibited worse health than women with a C and a T allele and women with two T alleles. Women who were CC reported more hip and wrist fractures, more osteoporosis, and more cataracts than the other groups.[47] They also were on average 4–6 mm shorter than the other women, as well as slightly lighter in weight.[47] In addition, factors such as metabolic traits, socioeconomic status, lifestyle, and fertility were found to be unrelated to the findings, thus it can be concluded that the lactase persistence benefited the health of these women who consumed dairy products and exhibited lactase persistence

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lactase_persistence

edited April 2020
    nicknyr15 said:

Doubt you really have enough authority on the subject to decide if the advice is terrible or not.
  • nicknyr15 said:

Doubt you really have enough authority on the subject to decide if the advice is terrible or not.
    It is terrible in my opinion.
    See they present as fact and use an escape clause like "little risk" when we know from actual experts over and over that this stuff can live on different materials ...including cardboard and plastic.

Again, they pushed milk and bread on everyone as what they needed to be eating to be healthy and that is hogwash.

According to a daily report on the corona situation from the County Administrative Board, there are now “signs of flock immunity in Stockholm”.

Former state epidemiologist Johan Giesecke is not surprised by the conclusion:
    - Yes, it is perfectly reasonable that being the case. 50 percent of Stockholmers will have had covid-19 within a month.

He bases his view on the DNA tests and antibody studies done so far.
    - Right now, about 30 percent of Stockholmers have had this infection. It's about 500,000-600,000 people, says Johan Giesecke.

What are the consequences?
    - It will have small consequences for all these restrictions in our daily lives, they will be put in place for some time, but that means we have better control over the spread.

When can we feel we are passed this?
    - We cannot by then because there are always some that are not infected. But when you reach 60 percent, you can safely say that it is about to shrink away.
    nicknyr15 said:

True, besides, everyone knows that plastic and children are magical and incapable of transmitting the virus. 
    It's a well-known supernatural phenomenon called the Giesecke-Effect.
    Dude has good taste in eyeglass frames though 👌
    edited April 2020
    nicknyr15 said:

See they present as fact and use an escape clause like "little risk" when we know from actual experts over and over that this stuff can live on different materials ...including cardboard and plastic.

Again, they pushed milk and bread on everyone as what they needed to be eating to be healthy and that is hogwash.

Science and facts and "opinions" are two different things though. 

And a baseless opinion could also lead one into thinking desifinacting streets etc is a good thing. 

Etc. 

And you should not drink milk. Be vegan.
    edited April 2020
    rgambs said:
    nicknyr15 said:

True, besides, everyone knows that plastic and children are magical and incapable of transmitting the virus. 
    Show me those schools outbreaks m8.

Countries are opening up their schools now. Sweden leads the way once again. This is the 1970s law against corporal punisment of children all over again. Sweden the avant garde. Leading the pack. Ahead of the curve. ABBA.

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • nicknyr15 said:

And a baseless opinion could also lead one into thinking desifinacting streets etc is a good thing. 

Etc. 

None of us (or at least you nor I) are the types of experts to know for sure
    People we both believe are experts say they are unsure, right?

Either way ...I don't like the FDA.  
    I still think they should be involved if that is the process.  

I hope the tests work

nicknyr15 said:

Etc. 

I hope the tests work

I'm not defending the FDA here. I bet they are trash.

But one expert says:

Someone asks - how long does the virus live on different surfaces. 

Giesecke: There are different information coming about that - from minutes to a day. A day I do not believe. But for a while it will live.

:)
  • Well godjohan would wipe the groceries it sounds like.
    nicknyr15 said:

I have enough authority to form an opinion that it’s awful advice. People do gross shit. Cough in their hand, touch a box of cereal, then put it back. I’d rather wipe my shit down thanks. I live in NYC. I’m wiping my stuff. Thanks fir your input though. Useful
    nicknyr15 said:

Etc. 

I hope the tests work

But one expert says:

Giesecke: There are different information coming about that - from minutes to a day. A day I do not believe. But for a while it will live.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2004973

What now Giesecke??
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

I have enough authority to form an opinion that it’s awful advice. People do gross shit. Cough in their hand, touch a box of cereal, then put it back. I’d rather wipe my shit down thanks. I live in NYC. I’m wiping my stuff. Thanks fir your input though. Usefu

Lol. I guess the FDA forgot, and the Swedish PHA and mastermind Giesecke have disregarded NYC.
    rgambs said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Etc. 

I hope the tests work

But one expert says:

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2004973

What now Giesecke??
    What does it say?
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

I have enough authority to form an opinion that it’s awful advice. People do gross shit. Cough in their hand, touch a box of cereal, then put it back. I’d rather wipe my shit down thanks. I live in NYC. I’m wiping my stuff. Thanks fir your input though. Usefu

Lol. I guess the FDA forgot, and the Swedish PHA and mastermind Giesecke have disregarded NYC.
    I know where you stand. The constant Sweden posts make it clear. I choose to be vigilant. Thanks again 
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,197
    Either more brilliant brilliance in all its brilliancy or just more of the same chaotic and haphazard response to the pandemic.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/21/politics/rick-bright-vaccine-agency-coronavirus/index.html

And don't worry, just take it, what do you have to lose?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/21/health/hydroxychloroquine-veterans-study/index.html
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

I know where you stand.
    https://youtu.be/7-vXEVCFldM
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,583
    Say what?

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,316
    rgambs said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Show me those schools outbreaks m8.

Countries are opening up their schools now. Sweden leads the way once again. This is the 1970s law against corporal punisment of children all over again. Sweden the avant garde. Leading the pack. Ahead of the curve. ABBA.

Sweden isn't leading, but it is #10 on the most deaths/1M population due to coronavirus.  I think it was an interesting idea to see how it would play out, unfortunately people were at risk of dying.  Now - it isn't over.  Maybe other countries with a second wave or whatever will fly past Sweden in this terrible statistic.  

Regardless, I just hope this ends soon.
    hippiemom = goodness
This discussion has been closed.