The coronavirus

Comments

• Mike D88 said:
    brianlux said:
    bbiggs said:
    I was thinking about the impact this will have on the state that I live in (IL).  We were at, or near, the bottom for the entire country in terms of budget deficit prior to the virus.  One of the highest taxed states in the country.  Hard to imagine how bad it will get from here.
    Hey, me too.....And Guess who runs Illinois, and everything in Shitcago (80 years worth) who controls that state???  DEMOCRATS....Go Figure.  People are moving away from Illinois in record numbers....we are not far behind.  

Dear Linda,
    I'm one hungry little bastard.  I'll chew through the lungs of anyone, be they Democrat or Republican.  I  love 'em all!  Yummy yummy!
    Love,
    COVID-19
    That is disgusting and totally inappropriate.  Was that supposed to be some sort of joke?? What the heck is wrong with you??  I hope nobody else on here knows someone who has died from this virus like me....He was a Fireman too.  
    How dense are you, exactly?
    I guess not dense enough to take personal shots at people on on this forum.  God Bless 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,831
    Hi! said:
    It was interesting in the store today. Probably about 200 shoppers and I’d say about 20% were wearing masks. I had a mask, gloves, and  wiped down my cart. I didn’t really like wearing the mask in the store and had this “I’m overdoing it” feeling.  It is strange, especially if you’re in the minority, and honestly, if it weren’t for some of the stories and things I read in here,  I don’t know if I would. Reading from those working in hospitals or live in New York, I feel like I’m doing those precautionary things out of respect to them, not necessarily because I’m concerned for my own safety. I don’t think a lot of people in rural areas have the understanding or respect of how it is in more densely populated cities.
    Same story for me yesterday.  I wore a mask for the first time.  Made it out of a shirt.   I wasn’t wearing because of myself but like you said I felt like I should out of respect to people that work at the store.   Who knows if it would make a difference if I was sick but we can all look a little silly for a while on the chance it could save someone else.

i told my family via group text and got three quick responses saying I didn’t need to do that.  Very frustrating that people choose to believe they are smarter than the people who are trained in the area of viruses and medical care.
  • Mike D88Mike D88 Posts: 723
    edited April 2020
    I guess not dense enough to take personal shots at people on on this forum.  God Bless 
    Super dense, got it.
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,577
    edited April 2020
    That is disgusting and totally inappropriate.  Was that supposed to be some sort of joke?? What the heck is wrong with you??  I hope nobody else on here knows someone who has died from this virus like me....He was a Fireman too.  

I'll delete the post since you are so offended but maybe stop with the blame game.  Democrats are not responsible for this fucking virus which I happen to hate as well and for which I am in a high risk group. 
    Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524
    We get 9 masks a week in Taiwan.  Everybody wears them, very small minority of people don't wear them, but everybody does indoors.

A few white expats are the ones usually not wearing them.

Taiwan had 3rd day in a row no new cases of covid.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,577
    Smellyman said:
    We get 9 masks a week in Taiwan.  Everybody wears them, very small minority of people don't wear them, but everybody does indoors.

A few white expats are the ones usually not wearing them.

Taiwan had 3rd day in a row no new cases of covid.

Excellent!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    brianlux said:
    bbiggs said:
    I was thinking about the impact this will have on the state that I live in (IL).  We were at, or near, the bottom for the entire country in terms of budget deficit prior to the virus.  One of the highest taxed states in the country.  Hard to imagine how bad it will get from here.
    Hey, me too.....And Guess who runs Illinois, and everything in Shitcago (80 years worth) who controls that state???  DEMOCRATS....Go Figure.  People are moving away from Illinois in record numbers....we are not far behind.  

Dear Linda,
    I'm one hungry little bastard.  I'll chew through the lungs of anyone, be they Democrat or Republican.  I  love 'em all!  Yummy yummy!
    Love,
    COVID-19

• RideRickRideRick Posts: 703
    edited April 2020
    Professional and home-made face masks reduce exposure to respiratory infections among the general population.
    Governments are preparing for a potential influenza pandemic. Therefore they need data to assess the possible impact of interventions.
    Face-masks worn by the general population could be an accessible and affordable intervention, if effective when worn under routine circumstances.
    We assessed transmission reduction potential provided by personal respirators, surgical masks and home-made masks when worn during a variety of activities by healthy volunteers and a simulated patient.
    All types of masks reduced aerosol exposure, relatively stable over time, unaffected by duration of wear or type of activity, but with a high degree of individual variation.
    Personal respirators were more efficient than surgical masks, which were more efficient than home-made masks.
    Regardless of mask type, children were less well protected. Outward protection (mask wearing by a mechanical head) was less effective than inward protection (mask wearing by healthy volunteers).
    Any type of general mask use is likely to decrease viral exposure and infection risk on a population level, in spite of imperfect fit and imperfect adherence.
    Personal respirators provide most protection.
    Masks worn by patients seem to offer less protection against aerosol transmission.

1587112574552png
    Post edited by RideRick on
    | Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,059
    edited April 2020
    brianlux said:
    bbiggs said:

Dear Linda,
    Love,
    COVID-19
    That is disgusting and totally inappropriate.  

Just leave the thread. Would be my advice. You have still not owned up to being... *reading* "disgusting and totally inappropriate".

Thank you.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • RideRickRideRick Posts: 703

| Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
    RideRick said:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Haven't felt this disappointed since I saw Eddie in the crowd laughing to her surprisingly bland comedy special.

Bonus:

• brianlux said:

I'll delete the post since you are so offended but maybe stop with the blame game.  Democrats are not responsible for this fucking virus which I happen to hate as well and for which I am in a high risk group. 
    Nice try, don’t put words in my mouth.   I never blamed Democrat’s for this Virus...not even close.  Unlike others on here who directly blame President  Trump and anyone who supports the President for the spread of this Pandemic.  If making a joke at my expense about this world changing virus made you feel good about yourself, well so be it.   I pray you or nobody on here has any family or friends get this virus that “ eats their lungs away” and die from this affliction.  
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 Posts: 10,739

Give Peas A Chance…
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,282
    Haven't felt this disappointed since I saw Eddie in the crowd laughing to her surprisingly bland comedy special.

Bonus:

What is she nuts? Doesn’t she know that’s not allowed in Hollywood? Who does she think she is? Clint Eastwood or kid rock? 
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095

Bonus:

I don’t care how good his paintings are or how bad Trump is, I’m not hugging the guy that lied us into a costly war.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Great to see politicians around the world condemning the CCP. In Australia, the UK and US.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • PapPap Posts: 28,733
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,134

lol great job 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,659
    brianlux said:

Nice try, don’t put words in my mouth.   I never blamed Democrat’s for this Virus...not even close.  Unlike others on here who directly blame President  Trump and anyone who supports the President for the spread of this Pandemic.  If making a joke at my expense about this world changing virus made you feel good about yourself, well so be it.   I pray you or nobody on here has any family or friends get this virus that “ eats their lungs away” and die from this affliction.  
    I always find it interesting and confusing that people who use terms like "I pray you" and " god bless" while supporting a regime based on fear, hate, jealousy,  and lies.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405

LOL!!!

Thanks---needed a good laugh this morning.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    brianlux said:

Why would you blame Democrats (plural, not possessive)?  If Hillary were President, your firefighter friend would still be alive.

tRUmp on the other hand does deserve to be held accountable.  That's where the buck stops.  He spent most of February holding rallies and playing golf.  Hillary doesn't even golf!

Meanwhile, tRUmp supporters are literally out in the streets protesting god-know-what and spreading this virus like a bunch of morons

....but her emails....
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,046
    edited April 2020
    brianlux said:

I always find it interesting and confusing that people who use terms like "I pray you" and " god bless" while supporting a regime based on fear, hate, jealousy,  and lies.

There are some of my in laws who are these kind of fucking dopes.  They pretend to be Jesus people and they support the pile of shit Donny.  "Grab them by the pussy" doesn't even phase them.
    He likes Easter, so he is ok.  
    Donald Trump is a religious man, a leader of people bound by religious beliefs?  :lol:.      
    The super Jesus supporters of Trump are quite possibly the most baffling people around.  

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    brianlux said:

There are some of my in laws who are these kind of fucking dopes.  They pretend to be Jesus people and they support the pile of shit Donny.  "Grab them by the pussy" doesn't even phase them.
    Donald Trump is a religious man, a leader of people bound by religious beliefs?  :lol:.      
    The super Jesus supporters of Trump are quite possibly the most baffling people around.  

No doubt about it. I had a conversation with my Aunt about this about a year ago. She's a very devout Catholic and I simply asked her how many commandments Trump had broken. She said that he was forgiven. And that was the end of our conversation. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,046
    edited April 2020
    Haha.  
    Unreal.
    People I thought before were just silly and harmless for their belief in something that completely is disproven by science are playing such a key role in spreading harm.

Those three letters cause SO much more damage than should be possible.
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,097
    brianlux said:

Making a joke at your expense? What a snowflake you are. He wrote a silly little line from the perspective of a disease. A disease. It doesn't think or have opinions. Hell, in the cute little line, he went as far as stressing that it was a bipartisan disease that will eat all of our lungs and not just some (which I think was a nice and respectful touch in the interest of unity).

As for directly blaming Trump - while Democrats are talking about the pandemic crippling the world, Republicans want to take about how unfair it is that the POTUS gets a disproportionate amount of blame when things go wrong, while claiming a disproportionate amount of credit when things went right. Talk about 'get your priorities crooked' (thanks Mitch).

I pray you remember what virtues your gospel suggests you participate in. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331

Yeah guys, stop joking about the virus!!
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331

Lol.Enjoying that cartoonist do reveal a lot about a person. 

Very charming. Have you owned up to your weird lies about Greta and her mom yet? Or you just keep moving on with your blindfolds on, just like the daft cartoonist you enjoy seemto do?
    Glad you find them charming...thought a laugh would be helpful, especially for some of the angry all the time folks.... 
    Hmmmm.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,424
    mfc2006 said:
    brianlux said:

No doubt about it. I had a conversation with my Aunt about this about a year ago. She's a very devout Catholic and I simply asked her how many commandments Trump had broken. She said that he was forgiven. And that was the end of our conversation. 
    The ultimate trump card. LOL

I’m not one to trample on faith, but that’s the way those debates always end. People need some self accountability but the way Trump has exploited them is as despicable as anything he’s done. It’s hilarious watching him pretend to pray. It’s like a 5 year old squirming around wondering when he can open his eyes.

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,945
    CM189191 said:
    brianlux said:

Why would you blame Democrats (plural, not possessive)?  If Hillary were President, your firefighter friend would still be alive.

tRUmp on the other hand does deserve to be held accountable.  That's where the buck stops.  He spent most of February holding rallies and playing golf.  Hillary doesn't even golf!

Meanwhile, tRUmp supporters are literally out in the streets protesting god-know-what and spreading this virus like a bunch of morons

....but her emails....
    Hillary is so good she would have protected the U.S. from all deaths, huh?  Trump is 100% accountable for the slow response and lack of preparedness, despite early warnings, but to say "if Hillary were President, your firefighter friend would still be alive" is a bit of a stretch, to say the least.  Maybe, "if HIllary were President, I feel we would have been much better prepared and many lives would have been saved as a result" would be more fitting.

This discussion has been closed.