The coronavirus

Comments

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,282
    bbiggs said:
    CM189191 said:
    brianlux said:
    That is disgusting and totally inappropriate.  Was that supposed to be some sort of joke?? What the heck is wrong with you??  I hope nobody else on here knows someone who has died from this virus like me....He was a Fireman too.  

I'll delete the post since you are so offended but maybe stop with the blame game.  Democrats are not responsible for this fucking virus which I happen to hate as well and for which I am in a high risk group. 
    Nice try, don’t put words in my mouth.   I never blamed Democrat’s for this Virus...not even close.  Unlike others on here who directly blame President  Trump and anyone who supports the President for the spread of this Pandemic.  If making a joke at my expense about this world changing virus made you feel good about yourself, well so be it.   I pray you or nobody on here has any family or friends get this virus that “ eats their lungs away” and die from this affliction.  
    Why would you blame Democrats (plural, not possessive)?  If Hillary were President, your firefighter friend would still be alive.

tRUmp on the other hand does deserve to be held accountable.  That's where the buck stops.  He spent most of February holding rallies and playing golf.  Hillary doesn't even golf!

Meanwhile, tRUmp supporters are literally out in the streets protesting god-know-what and spreading this virus like a bunch of morons

....but her emails....
    Hillary is so good she would have protected the U.S. from all deaths, huh?  Trump is 100% accountable for the slow response and lack of preparedness, despite early warnings, but to say "if Hillary were President, your firefighter friend would still be alive" is a bit of a stretch, to say the least.  Maybe, "if HIllary were President, I feel we would have been much better prepared and many lives would have been saved as a result" would be more fitting.

Yea saying that like it’s a fact is ridiculous. I’m glad someone pointed that out. Thank you. 
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    bbiggs said:
    CM189191 said:
    brianlux said:
    That is disgusting and totally inappropriate.  Was that supposed to be some sort of joke?? What the heck is wrong with you??  I hope nobody else on here knows someone who has died from this virus like me....He was a Fireman too.  

I'll delete the post since you are so offended but maybe stop with the blame game.  Democrats are not responsible for this fucking virus which I happen to hate as well and for which I am in a high risk group. 
    Nice try, don’t put words in my mouth.   I never blamed Democrat’s for this Virus...not even close.  Unlike others on here who directly blame President  Trump and anyone who supports the President for the spread of this Pandemic.  If making a joke at my expense about this world changing virus made you feel good about yourself, well so be it.   I pray you or nobody on here has any family or friends get this virus that “ eats their lungs away” and die from this affliction.  
    Why would you blame Democrats (plural, not possessive)?  If Hillary were President, your firefighter friend would still be alive.

tRUmp on the other hand does deserve to be held accountable.  That's where the buck stops.  He spent most of February holding rallies and playing golf.  Hillary doesn't even golf!

Meanwhile, tRUmp supporters are literally out in the streets protesting god-know-what and spreading this virus like a bunch of morons

....but her emails....
    Hillary is so good she would have protected the U.S. from all deaths, huh?  Trump is 100% accountable for the slow response and lack of preparedness, despite early warnings, but to say "if Hillary were President, your firefighter friend would still be alive" is a bit of a stretch, to say the least.  Maybe, "if HIllary were President, I feel we would have been much better prepared and many lives would have been saved as a result" would be more fitting.

I guess we'll never know because we're stuck in the dumbest timeline
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,315
    brianlux said:

Brian - it wasn't disgusting.   It was funny.  Don't take linda seriously, she doesn't.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    DewieCox said:
    mfc2006 said:
    brianlux said:

I always find it interesting and confusing that people who use terms like "I pray you" and " god bless" while supporting a regime based on fear, hate, jealousy,  and lies.

There are some of my in laws who are these kind of fucking dopes.  They pretend to be Jesus people and they support the pile of shit Donny.  "Grab them by the pussy" doesn't even phase them.
    He likes Easter, so he is ok.  
    Donald Trump is a religious man, a leader of people bound by religious beliefs?  :lol:.      
    The super Jesus supporters of Trump are quite possibly the most baffling people around.  

No doubt about it. I had a conversation with my Aunt about this about a year ago. She's a very devout Catholic and I simply asked her how many commandments Trump had broken. She said that he was forgiven. And that was the end of our conversation. 
    The ultimate trump card. LOL

I’m not one to trample on faith, but that’s the way those debates always end. People need some self accountability but the way Trump has exploited them is as despicable as anything he’s done. It’s hilarious watching him pretend to pray. It’s like a 5 year old squirming around wondering when he can open his eyes.

Yeah, I was a tad surprised that she shut down so quickly. She reminded me that I was raised Catholic....to which I said "Yes, I was raised Catholic. I am not longer Catholic, but my faith is still strong and intact. I just choose to see the world without blinders on." (Or something like that) 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165

lol great job 
    I find this disturbing 
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,383
    Talk about putting things into perspective, I can't even imagine:

Mother who had coronavirus finally cradles her baby girl after giving birth while in a coma

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/17/health/mother-coronavirus-coma-trnd/index.html

Angela Primachenko finally cradled her precious baby in her arms. The 27-year-old was put into a medically induced coma when she was 34 weeks pregnant, days into her battle with coronavirus.

When she woke up, her baby girl, Ava, was 5 days old, but she couldn't hold her just yet until she tested negative for coronavirus. She finally did Wednesday, and said she broke into tears when her daughter was placed in her arms.
    "Crying right now," she posted on Instagram. "Our little sunshine is doing amazing!"
    Primachenko lives in Vancouver, Washington, a state that made headlines when the coronavirus epidemic started in the United States. It's where the country's first coronavirus case was announced on January 21, where the first death nationwide occurred, and where dozens died at a nursing home at the beginning of the pandemic.
      Like many who have caught the coronavirus, the respiratory therapist's symptoms began with a cough that escalated to a constant fever, she recalled.
      "She knew the risk," said Oksana Luiten, her twin sister. "She took every precaution."
      Her family encouraged her to get tested, and in the two days she waited for the result, she progressively got worse. It was positive.
      "Being a respiratory therapist -- just being a human, I guess -- I knew I couldn't keep breathing the way I was and survive," she said.
      On March 26, she went into the ICU of the hospital that employs her, her sister said. Three days later, she was put on a ventilator -- the same machine she's used on patients numerous times.
      "When you're that sick, you're just fighting for your life," Primachenko said. "My focus wasn't on fear; it was just on getting through it."
      As she lay comatose in her hospital room, her medical team had an hourslong meeting to decide how to handle her pregnancy. Her doctors suggested they induce labor to give her lungs more space and her body more nutrients, according to her sister.
      She delivered a healthy girl vaginally on April 1, and four days later, started going downhill.
      "We were actually scared we were going to lose our sister that day," Luiten said. The twins are two of 10 siblings.
      But the next day, she turned a corner and left the ICU. As her bed wheeled down the hall, medical staff clapped and cheered, a video she posted on social media shows. Behind a white face mask, she smiled.
        She went home to her husband and their 11-month-old daughter, Emily, but Ava remained at the NICU until Primachenko tested negative for the coronavirus.
        Ava's going home to her family this weekend, she said.
        I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
      • i am no economist, but why is the stock market doing as well as it is with 22 million people now on unemployment? how has it not tanked with everyone getting $1200 checks? How is it not tanking with all the the money being sent to businesses? None of this can be good for the economy, yet how are the stock markets doing this well?
        One thing to remember with the 22 million number, that is the number of people that have filed for unemployment. That doesn’t necessarily mean their jobs are lost for good.

Example, a friend of mine is a surgical tech at a hospital. Being that the hospital has stopped elective surgeries for the time being, she is laid-off and collecting unemployment. Once the hospital gears back up, she’ll be back to work. The state agency I work for temporarily furloughed some employees whose positions didn’t meet essential status. They are on unemployment, and will be back on the job, probably mid June. My neighbor is collected unemployment this and last week cause his hours were reduced by over 50%. Next week he has OT scheduled.  

With this, I don’t think the traders on Wall Street are too concerned with the current unemployment numbers at this time. The street is also banking on people going out and spending like drunk sailors once restrictions are lifted and people start getting out of the house.

As for the stimulus money being dumped in the traders love it. If the stimulus wasn’t happening the markets would be fucked.

i do feel for people in the hospitality/tourism industries. That is going to take a while to get back on it’s feet. 

Bottom line: don’t put to much thought into what’s happening in the markets. Except to see massive swings in it the next year.
        this all makes good sense. i did not think about it with regard to things being temporary and how that is not going to spook investors. thank you.
        "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
      • brianlux said:
        bbiggs said:
        I was thinking about the impact this will have on the state that I live in (IL).  We were at, or near, the bottom for the entire country in terms of budget deficit prior to the virus.  One of the highest taxed states in the country.  Hard to imagine how bad it will get from here.
        Hey, me too.....And Guess who runs Illinois, and everything in Shitcago (80 years worth) who controls that state???  DEMOCRATS....Go Figure.  People are moving away from Illinois in record numbers....we are not far behind.  

Dear Linda,
        I'm one hungry little bastard.  I'll chew through the lungs of anyone, be they Democrat or Republican.  I  love 'em all!  Yummy yummy!
        Love,
        COVID-19
        spare us the victim card. i have seen you post way more offensive things, but i just scroll on past and don't say anything.

apologies for the loss of your friend. a guy i know lost his dad to covid last week, and a the person i have been seeing has her mom in the icu with covid.

• lol great job 
        I find this disturbing 
        does he cut roger stone's hair too?

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,945
        4,591 U.S. deaths reported in last 24 hours, according to the WSJ.  A new high.  But I thought we were passed the peak?
      • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,834
        bbiggs said:
        4,591 U.S. deaths reported in last 24 hours, according to the WSJ.  A new high.  But I thought we were passed the peak?
        I think when they say that, they mean we’re past the peak of new cases (for this wave anyway). I THINK that’s what they’re trying to say. But who the hell knows.....
        2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
        http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
        bbiggs said:
        I saw somewhere there was a 'correction' made

A lot of deaths in NYC that were determined to be CV19, but the person hadn't been tested.
      • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
        CM189191 said:
        bbiggs said:

A lot of deaths in NYC that were determined to be CV19, but the person hadn't been tested.

The figures will be in flux for quite some time; that's normal in situations like this. 

If the number of new cases presenting is stable or starting to reduce, then it may be that you're heading through the peak. 

What happens after restrictions are lifted is another story. 
        my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
      • CM189191 said:
        bbiggs said:

i think at this point it is a safe thing to assume that everyone who died and had a fever and respiratory distress should be assumed to have been positive for covid until they can confirm or deny. can you test someone after they are deceased? i have no idea.

either way this does not look reassuring.

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,059
        edited April 2020
        bbiggs said:
        4,591 deaths reported doesn't mean 4,591 people died in the last 24 hours.

Isn't it NY retroactively reporting in deaths in elderly care etc.
        "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
      • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,059
        edited April 2020
        brianlux said:

Brian - it wasn't disgusting.   It was funny.  Don't take linda seriously, she doesn't.
        +1 

If it was the "virus doesn't care what political side you are on" post, there was nothing wrong with it.

Just certain people standing by a proto-fascist and spreading alt-tight propaganda painting themselves as victims. 
        "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
      • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,945
        bbiggs said:
        I think when they say that, they mean we’re past the peak of new cases (for this wave anyway). I THINK that’s what they’re trying to say. But who the hell knows.....
        Sorry.  My sarcasm doesn't come through well.  I was referring to Trump insisting we were passed the peak, but not providing any data to support his claim.  Maybe he was referring to new cases as well, but I have a hard time giving him the benefit of the doubt.

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,834
        bbiggs said:
        bbiggs said:
        Sorry.  My sarcasm doesn't come through well.  I was referring to Trump insisting we were passed the peak, but not providing any data to support his claim.  Maybe he was referring to new cases as well, but I have a hard time giving him the benefit of the doubt.

No I knew it was a sarcastic shot at Trump. But I’ve also seen more reputable sources claim that we’re “past the peak.” Which we probably are as far as new cases go due to lockdowns and social distancing. But with testing lacking, there’s no way to be sure. 
        2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
        http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
        CM189191 said:
        bbiggs said:

i think at this point it is a safe thing to assume that everyone who died and had a fever and respiratory distress should be assumed to have been positive for covid until they can confirm or deny. can you test someone after they are deceased? i have no idea.

either way this does not look reassuring.
        I can't imagine there are the resources to test people after they are deceased, even if we wanted to. Hopefully they're saving tests for people who are still alive.
        CM189191 said:
        bbiggs said:

The figures will be in flux for quite some time; that's normal in situations like this. 

If the number of new cases presenting is stable or starting to reduce, then it may be that you're heading through the peak. 

What happens after restrictions are lifted is another story. 
        From https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

New York City today has reported 3,778 additional deaths that have occurred since March 11 and have been classified as "probable," defined as follows: “decedent [...] had no known positive laboratory test for SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) but the death certificate lists as a cause of death “COVID-19” or an equivalent" . We will add these to the New York State total as soon as it is determined whether the historical distribution can be obtained.
        Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
      • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,424
        Aren't these the adjusted numbers from the past though?
      • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,004
        pjl44 said:
        Speaking VERY broadly, I think there are 3 distinct phases to getting back to life. Each comes with more stuff opening back up, but the rub is that each actually needs to materialize.

Short Term: Testing and tracing, face covering, distancing
        Medium Term: Effective treatment
        Long Term: Vaccine
        bbiggs said:
        pjl44 said:
        Speaking VERY broadly, I think there are 3 distinct phases to getting back to life. Each comes with more stuff opening back up, but the rub is that each actually needs to materialize.

Short Term: Testing and tracing, face covering
        , distancing
        Medium Term: Effective treatment
        Long Term: Vaccine
        totally agree but getting everyone to buy in won’t happen.  Too many people that will make a statement by not wearing a mask because they think the virus is a hoax used to take down the trump economy. 
        I touched on this earlier.  People think that tracing and wearing a mask is illegal and tramples on their civil liberties and against the constitution.

They are just showing their entitlement to me.  
      • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,134

lol great job 
        I find this disturbing 
        What that I laughed at a doctored picture?
        jesus greets me looks just like me ....
        No, the doctored picture.
      • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
        Just as background for those not in the U.S. or not following the NFL, the Raiders owner, Mark Davis actually wears that haircut by choice. He is now a meme for people giving themselves haircuts during the COVID-19 stay at home order. Here he is (pre COVID-19):

"I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
        jeffbr said:
        Just as background for those not in the U.S. or not following the NFL, the Raiders owner, Mark Davis actually wears that haircut by choice. He is now a meme for people giving themselves haircuts during the COVID-19 stay at home order. Here he is (pre COVID-19):

It might be Oliver Tree's dad!!!

In case you have no idea who Oliver Tree is.
        jeffbr said:

Yeah, didn't know being an Aussie.
        Yikes! That's terrible.
      This discussion has been closed.