The coronavirus

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,057
    Half of everyone dead in Stockholm are from retirement homes -- big failure. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited April 2020
    Anders Tegnell believes that the world have a bigger chance/risk of reaching herd immunity before a vaccine will have the chance to be ready.

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,834
    How about those protests in KY and MI? What a bunch of morons. Here’s a hospital worker who couldn’t make it to work because of the protest ranting about it....

https://youtu.be/1t-GzuZukQs
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,282
    How about those protests in KY and MI? What a bunch of morons. Here’s a hospital worker who couldn’t make it to work because of the protest ranting about it....

Idiotic behavior. I’m proud of fellow NYers. It’s not 100% but I see most people following the rules over the past month. I am unsure how people will react if beaches and parks remain closed through out the summer. We don’t get nice weather often and everyone looks forward to the short summer. 
  • brianlux said:
    Smellyman said:

My guess is that Fauci would LOVE to tell the world what he thinks of Trump but doesn't because it would cost him his job- an important one in thees time of COVID-19.  Trump should stay off the air and just let Fauci do the press conferences.  But, of course, that won't happen because Trump is the expert on everything!
    I disagree- I think he’d like to tell everyone how good trump has been on all of this and how shocked he is at the gall of the reporters/media during those press conferences every day. He’s seen how they spin things and ask those “gotcha” kind of questions all the time to try to “get” trump.  He shut down the idea that trump was trying g to silence him the other day- I’m sure he’s just sick of the attempts to spin hard work into a failure.
    Look out my friend, you are now labeled in this safe space and your opinion means nothin here in this “all accepting forum”.... 
    You willingly push false alt-right lies about Greta and her mom being part of ANTIFA. 

Why should I listen to your opinion? 

Make a case for it.
    Back to Greta and her parents suspect ways.....I forgot, Nobody can question that little darlin (more like her Parents) and what she has to say..... I cannot wait to hear what Greta (parents) have to say and who she has to blame about COVID 19......I assure you, it won't be CHI-NA.  
    In america the blame falls squarely on the people at the top...

jared kushner 
    stephen mller 
    steve bannon 
    alexander gorka 
    ivanka  trump 
    sean hannity 

And every single enabler/supporter/voter of the lying narcissistic racist xenophobic piece-of-shit-in-chief 

And anyone having to do with the piece of shit lying racist xenophobic "news" channel...

Well that was educational...lol.  So by your logic almost half the country is to blame for this Pandemic?  I love this place, it rarely disappoints.  Stay well everyone.  
    edited April 2020
    Death numbers in Sweden. High, but seem rather platued.

The green bars are deaths that has been reported today

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,314
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Interesting info here.  Deaths per 1M population

Spain 409 
    Italy 358 
    France 263
    UK 190 
    Sweden 132
    USA 86
    Germany 45 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,129
    brianlux said:
    Smellyman said:

My guess is that Fauci would LOVE to tell the world what he thinks of Trump but doesn't because it would cost him his job- an important one in thees time of COVID-19.  Trump should stay off the air and just let Fauci do the press conferences.  But, of course, that won't happen because Trump is the expert on everything!
    I disagree- I think he’d like to tell everyone how good trump has been on all of this and how shocked he is at the gall of the reporters/media during those press conferences every day. He’s seen how they spin things and ask those “gotcha” kind of questions all the time to try to “get” trump.  He shut down the idea that trump was trying g to silence him the other day- I’m sure he’s just sick of the attempts to spin hard work into a failure.
    Look out my friend, you are now labeled in this safe space and your opinion means nothin here in this “all accepting forum”.... 
    You willingly push false alt-right lies about Greta and her mom being part of ANTIFA. 

Why should I listen to your opinion? 

Make a case for it.
    Back to Greta and her parents suspect ways.....I forgot, Nobody can question that little darlin (more like her Parents) and what she has to say..... I cannot wait to hear what Greta (parents) have to say and who she has to blame about COVID 19......I assure you, it won't be CHI-NA.  
    In america the blame falls squarely on the people at the top...

jared kushner 
    stephen mller 
    steve bannon 
    alexander gorka 
    ivanka  trump 
    sean hannity 

And every single enabler/supporter/voter of the lying narcissistic racist xenophobic piece-of-shit-in-chief 

And anyone having to do with the piece of shit lying racist xenophobic "news" channel...

Well that was educational...lol.  So by your logic almost half the country is to blame for this Pandemic?  I love this place, it rarely disappoints.  Stay well everyone.  
    You support the idiot in chief? All the victims are on him i wouldn’t blame you personally but it’s obvious you don’t believe anyone but him so there’s that! 

jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,945
    Trump to announce plan to re-open the economy sometime today, claiming the U.S. has "passed the peak."  We have?  I'd like to see supporting data.  I don't have a problem with discussing a plan to eventually ease up restrictions, as it's equally important to get people back to work, but that can only be done WHEN IT IS SAFE TO.  False claims about having "passed the peak" are the problem.  The latest graph I see shows the U.S. daily death toll just shy of 3,000 as of April 15, with April 14 being the only outlier with a higher total (over 6,000 due to NYC "probable" fatality count of 3,778 according to CDC graph).  Why can't he just state facts with supporting data instead of conjecture as it relates to this virus?  We all have proof available with the click of a button.  F'ing frustrating.
  • Alternative facts.
    Facts Drump and his blind followers (including some here) can reference.  Also, deflection when the alternative facts are questioned.  #twosides
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    I hate Trump but support his decision to cut funding to the CHO. 
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    Alternative facts.
    Facts Drump and his blind followers (including some here) can reference.  Also, deflection when the alternative facts are questioned.  #twosides
    But can he at least show these alternative facts?  I learned at a very young age that just because you say something doesn't mean it's true.  My 6 year old knows that.  I mean, I haven't been following his daily briefings, but maybe show us some data to support the claim?  I don't know.  Maybe I'm not that bright and I'm missing something.  WTF

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,282
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Interesting info here.  Deaths per 1M population

Spain 409 
    Italy 358 
    France 263
    UK 190 
    Sweden 132
    USA 86
    Germany 45 
    Fair way to look at it. 
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,424
    bbiggs said:
    Alternative facts.
    But can he at least show these alternative facts?  I learned at a very young age that just because you say something doesn't mean it's true.  My 6 year old knows that.  I mean, I haven't been following his daily briefings, but maybe show us some data to support the claim?  I don't know.  Maybe I'm not that bright and I'm missing something.  WTF

Just find a Trump supporting FB page and go to the comments section. Things will become all too clear.
  • bbiggs said:
    Alternative facts.

Your logic is perfectly sound.
    To anyone who doesn't suck the straw of Donny Devil.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,112

MI protests are a textbook example of having the right to be upset, yet expressing it in the worst possible way 
    pjl44 said:

MI protests are a textbook example of having the right to be upset, yet expressing it in the worst possible way 
    Yep in other words idiots! 

"Centralstation 8:20 AM. Everything is just like normal during rushhour. Crazy with sweden not taking any precautions at all"
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,067
    @josevolution stay strong!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,112
    pjl44 said:

Yep in other words idiots! 
    They really are. They have a legitimate beef but will actively turn people against them with their antics. Blocking roadways during a crisis like this is absolutely insane. 
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER Posts: 6,499
    edited April 2020
    pjl44 said:

Isn’t the new norm to protests by blocking streets?  There were a lot around here supporting that method not too long ago...I, for one, still think it is bad taste to block roadways protesting this or that.
    I was thinking about the impact this will have on the state that I live in (IL).  We were at, or near, the bottom for the entire country in terms of budget deficit prior to the virus.  One of the highest taxed states in the country.  Hard to imagine how bad it will get from here.
  • i got called in to cover a surgery tuesday morning. i had not been in a hospital or a surgery center in 11 days. it is insane that some of these hospitals are still doing elective procedures. it is going to get hospital staff sick, and potentially patients, and ancillary staff like me. 

we had a conference call yesterday saying that kansas and missouri will be the last two states to resume elective surgeries, sometime in late june. as a surgical sales rep in missouri and southern illinois, i could be fucked for awhile.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,067
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    Another beautiful day in MI. People doing a good job with social distancing, lots of people wearing masks, ect. I also see boats going out with people fishing, lots of stores open, restaurants open for takeout, people fishing on piers and boardwalks, doing yard work, planting gardens, ect. I do wonder what all the Bundy wannabes were doing in Lansing yesterday. Apparently nothing better to do.🤷‍♂️

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

i got called in to cover a surgery tuesday morning. i had not been in a hospital or a surgery center in 11 days. it is insane that some of these hospitals are still doing elective procedures. it is going to get hospital staff sick, and potentially patients, and ancillary staff like me. 

we had a conference call yesterday saying that kansas and missouri will be the last two states to resume elective surgeries, sometime in late june. as a surgical sales rep in missouri and southern illinois, i could be fucked for awhile.
    Sorry to hear, here there’s only a few cases being done none are elective we went from over 65 elective cases a day  to basically zero..
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • i got called in to cover a surgery tuesday morning. i had not been in a hospital or a surgery center in 11 days. it is insane that some of these hospitals are still doing elective procedures. it is going to get hospital staff sick, and potentially patients, and ancillary staff like me. 

Sorry to hear, here there’s only a few cases being done none are elective we went from over 65 elective cases a day  to basically zero..
    that is crazy. hope you all can stay afloat.

i just got an email that they are adding one on for Wed. they are using our graft that will expire the following week. i hate taking risks like this.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    i got called in to cover a surgery tuesday morning. i had not been in a hospital or a surgery center in 11 days. it is insane that some of these hospitals are still doing elective procedures. it is going to get hospital staff sick, and potentially patients, and ancillary staff like me. 

Sorry to hear that, man. My wife had her planned procedure put on hold & I really hope it's sooner than late June. Be well.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
This discussion has been closed.