The coronavirus

Comments

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    jeffbr said:
    Social distancing works. Apparently some mouthbreathers are now questioning why this wasn't as bad as predicted in some areas. The answer is not that things were being exaggerated, but rather that our measures have been helpful in mitigating spread. University of Washington just released a  model that shows what happens when we visit "just one friend", and the negative impacts that can have in minimizing contact and spread.

UW team illustrates the adverse impact of visiting ‘just one friend’ during COVID-19 lockdown

None of this is any fun, but what we're doing appears to be helping.
    Yeah, it was always inevitable that morons would react this way, idiots.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    brianlux said:
    Smellyman said:

My guess is that Fauci would LOVE to tell the world what he thinks of Trump but doesn't because it would cost him his job- an important one in thees time of COVID-19.  Trump should stay off the air and just let Fauci do the press conferences.  But, of course, that won't happen because Trump is the expert on everything!
    I disagree- I think he’d like to tell everyone how good trump has been on all of this and how shocked he is at the gall of the reporters/media during those press conferences every day. He’s seen how they spin things and ask those “gotcha” kind of questions all the time to try to “get” trump.  He shut down the idea that trump was trying g to silence him the other day- I’m sure he’s just sick of the attempts to spin hard work into a failure.
    Wow, a person would need to know your posting history to think this post is serious.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,129
    Today is not a good day in this hospital ughh 😞
    Wait, what? Team Trump Treason stated just yesterday that the hospitals were doing fine? I don’t get it. What gives?
    Now we’re onto the stage when patients that have been on ventilator for 8-10days are dying % are high on those, new admissions are slowing down but the death counts are not ! 
    Sending you virtual good vibes, Jose. With admissions slowing the codes will eventually slow but that doesn’t help much when you’re in the thick of it, I know. 
    Thanks I feel them already 🙏
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,057
    Anders Wallensten also says it looks like there is a decline in the number of infected people in Sweden.

- As it seems now, it is positive that we did not reach the heights we had before the weekend, he says.

- I think you can see here on the curve here that what we see is a clear decline. If it is correct, something substantial has happened, which will be evident in the coming days. But I think it is wise to be careful in these daily updates, says Anders Wallensten.

He goes on to emphasize that it is probably a few more days before you can say anything for sure.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,821
    brianlux said:
    Smellyman said:

My guess is that Fauci would LOVE to tell the world what he thinks of Trump but doesn't because it would cost him his job- an important one in thees time of COVID-19.  Trump should stay off the air and just let Fauci do the press conferences.  But, of course, that won't happen because Trump is the expert on everything!
    I can't wait for the book that Fauci writes in a few years when this is all said and done.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,945
    dignin said:
    Sorry to hear that. Keep your chin up Jose, what your doing is admirable.
    Thanks I appreciate it , I’m here in the OR just supporting Anesthesia staff with PPE equipment, we are literally surrounded by Covid19 patients just about every floor is full..
    Be safe, man. I can’t imagine seeing firsthand what you and all healthcare workers are living each day. Thank you! 
    Fuck them! I hope the governor sticks to her plan.

bbiggs said:
    dignin said:
    Sorry to hear that. Keep your chin up Jose, what your doing is admirable.
    Thanks I appreciate it , I’m here in the OR just supporting Anesthesia staff with PPE equipment, we are literally surrounded by Covid19 patients just about every floor is full..
    Be safe, man. I can’t imagine seeing firsthand what you and all healthcare workers are living each day. Thank you! 
    Thanks I’m just glad I can help nursing & anesthesia staff to protect themselves ..
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,383
    Stay safe Jose!! 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,365
    @josevolution Hang in there! Sending you virtual good vibes.
    Germany opening up again.
    Denmark opening up.
    Finland opening up.

Sweden stays winning. From the monkeywrench, to The Final Countdown to Pandemic handling.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

• brianlux said:
    Smellyman said:

I disagree- I think he’d like to tell everyone how good trump has been on all of this and how shocked he is at the gall of the reporters/media during those press conferences every day. He’s seen how they spin things and ask those “gotcha” kind of questions all the time to try to “get” trump.  He shut down the idea that trump was trying g to silence him the other day- I’m sure he’s just sick of the attempts to spin hard work into a failure.
    Look out my friend, you are now labeled in this safe space and your opinion means nothin here in this “all accepting forum”.... 
  • UtahBoltUtahBolt Posts: 188
    Wait, what? Team Trump Treason stated just yesterday that the hospitals were doing fine? I don’t get it. What gives?
    Now we’re onto the stage when patients that have been on ventilator for 8-10days are dying % are high on those, new admissions are slowing down but the death counts are not ! 
    Hang in there brother...thanks for all you do.  You sir and people like you are why we are going to make it through this...some day.
    brianlux said:
    Smellyman said:

Look out my friend, you are now labeled in this safe space and your opinion means nothin here in this “all accepting forum”.... 
    You willingly push false alt-right lies about Greta and her mom being part of ANTIFA. 

Why should I listen to your opinion? 

Make a case for it.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    Who ever said it was a “safe space”? 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    UtahBolt said:
    Hang in there brother...thanks for all you do.  You sir and people like you are why we are going to make it through this...some day.
    Well said. 
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,359

Can you shed some light on these patients? Pre existing conditions? How bad were they when they got to you? Old age? Young age? 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,624
    Navy considering reinstating Csptain Crozier.....

Navy May Reinstate Fired Captain to Command of Roosevelt https://nyti.ms/3em0JHn

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • brianlux said:
    Smellyman said:

You willingly push false alt-right lies about Greta and her mom being part of ANTIFA. 

Make a case for it.
    Back to Greta and her parents suspect ways.....I forgot, Nobody can question that little darlin (more like her Parents) and what she has to say..... I cannot wait to hear what Greta (parents) have to say and who she has to blame about COVID 19......I assure you, it won't be CHI-NA.  
  • Mike D88Mike D88 Posts: 723
    mickeyrat said:

Navy May Reinstate Fired Captain to Command of Roosevelt https://nyti.ms/3em0JHn

Modly should be made to clean every inch of the Roosevelt, without PPE, again and again, until he contracts the virus.
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,195
    Mike D88 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Modly should be made to clean every inch of the Roosevelt, without PPE, again and again, until he contracts the virus.
    Swab the decks with a Q-Tip? What a novel idea!
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    brianlux said:
    Smellyman said:

Make a case for it.
    Back to Greta and her parents suspect ways.....I forgot, Nobody can question that little darlin (more like her Parents) and what she has to say..... I cannot wait to hear what Greta (parents) have to say and who she has to blame about COVID 19......I assure you, it won't be CHI-NA.  
    Again, You willingly push false alt-right lies about Greta and her mom being part of ANTIFA, seemingly without using an ounce of common sense.

Make a case for it.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,314
    brianlux said:
    Smellyman said:

Make a case for it.
    No kidding. And where was this Great (parents) during covid 1 through 18??!!!!?!!!!!?!!??!!!!??!!???
    hippiemom = goodness
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,659
    edited April 2020
    brianlux said:
    Smellyman said:

Make a case for it.
    In america the blame falls squarely on the people at the top...

jared kushner 
    stephen mller 
    steve bannon 
    alexander gorka 
    ivanka  trump 
    sean hannity 

And every single enabler/supporter/voter of the lying narcissistic racist xenophobic piece-of-shit-in-chief 

And anyone having to do with the piece of shit lying racist xenophobic "news" channel...

Post edited by Bentleyspop on
    Swedish pressconference in 40 min. 

Will it keep flattening out, or will the growth start picking up? Who knows.

THE
    SWEDISH
    MODEL
  • rhanishanerhanishane Posts: 505
    Australia looking better each day. Testing has only just been encouraged for people in areas where community transmission has been detected. I live in one of those hot spot areas and already had pneumonia 2 weeks ago but didn't fit the criteria to be tested then but now I'm better anyway. Another month of isolation laws and I think they are assessing it monthly and will decide whether to relax our restrictions based on what the health professionals advice on data collected. We have had 63 deaths in total with 1/3 of those from the ruby princess cruise ship. 
    Its devastating to hear what is happening in other countries and feel really lucky that i live in Australia right now.
    Stay safe people 🙏 thinking of you all
This discussion has been closed.