The coronavirus

Comments

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

Bad boy Tegnell on Sweden keeping schools open:

- No large outbreaks have happened. 
    - The most spread is happening in the homes within families. So not that big risk of having teachers working - if not sick.
    - The spreading of the virus in schools that have occured is by teachers coming in with symptoms, and infecting others colleagues mainly - not kids. But not much of that has occured.
    - Kids might not show symptoms when sick. But there have not been any signs of kids spreading the disease in any large amount. 

What a fucking moron.
    "We can't tell if kids are sick, but we assume they aren't spreading it anyways."

Moronic.

Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,056
    rgambs said:

- The most spread is happening in the homes within families. So not that big risk of having teachers working - if not sick.
    - The spreading of the virus in schools that have occured is by teachers coming in with symptoms, and infecting others colleagues mainly - not kids. But not much of that has occured.
    - Kids might not show symptoms when sick. But there have not been any signs of kids spreading the disease in any large amount. 

What a fucking moron.
    "We can't tell if kids are sick, but we assume they aren't spreading it anyways."

Moronic.

I would think he (and his colleagues) is more educated in the field. than you are. So his statements should by that token be more educated also.

Thank you.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    rgambs said:
    CM189191 said:
    Shame on the World(China) Health Organization for permitting wet markets to reopen in China.

What makes you think the WHO has authority to close or open the wet markets in the first place?

Where would you like millions of Chinese people to get their food?  Would you rather that they starve to death?
    Here you go...
    https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/health-wellbeing/pm-puzzled-by-unfathomable-animal-markets-c-973992?fbclid=IwAR2ktF62BPWD9zEQLFSK9v8seu1NYC4k9TfkAzSRIZ0mj3iK3fFly1K0Eac

So hundreds of thousands of innocent people should die around the world and we should have people losing their jobs and their businesses and being in lockdown. All this which leads to mental health issues and suicides. One person has taken his life in quarantine here.
    You think that is acceptable?
    That is the CCP's problem. They have the money, they should finance making wet markets hygienic.
    They are a massive country, why can't they farm livestock like cattle and sheep for consumption.
    You really don't know much about food production, do you?  On the scale required to feed 1.4 billion people, the next superbug will just come from the Western style livestock farms with which you are culturally comfortable (despite a lack of real experience or knowledge) like Swine Flu, MERS, and who knows what else.

Why do these viruses keep originating in China? Regardless of which animal they come from.
    I doubt they'd come from livestock. 
    More like, from bats and pangolins.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/industry-scrambles-to-stop-fatal-bird-flu-in-south-carolina
    South Carolina is not in China

If bats & pangolins were farmed, wouldn't that just make them livestock too?
    rgambs said:

What a fucking moron.

Moronic.

I would think he (and his colleagues) is more educated in the field. than you are. So his statements should by that token be more educated also.

Thank you.
    You might have a point if he wasn't at odds with common sense and the consensus of the rest of the scientific community of the entire world lol
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,314
    bbiggs said:
    So when/if everything gets back to some form of regularity , how many here will protest our government still dealing with China what kind of repercussions would you like to see happening 
    I would like to see us move away from our reliance on China.  We won't/ can't stop dealing with them altogether, but I'd like it scaled back.  Not sure I would flat out protest for it, but my vote definitely goes to break away from China on some level.

Well, I'd be all for figuring out how to get manufacturing back.  But people have to be willing to pay more...pay the full cost.  They are now seeing the full cost and paying for it by losing their jobs and lives.  Somehow encouraging regional manufacturing.
    There are other low cost countries to manufacture in, other than China. 

I think we all can agree that swedish made items are of the best quality in the world. But the west won't get manufacturing back -- but why not "force" or incentive companies to put it in countries that at least reach the level of "democracy" etc? Other countries in asia, or africa etc. 
    Yes there are.  We need people that are buying stuff to care about the health and safety of the workers making it wherever they are.

Regional manufacturing isn't about bring all manufacturing back, but making products in the region they are sold.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,112
    rgambs said:
    pjl44 said:
    Looks like we're going to do this age-old dance again:

- Cobble together a massive relief bill chock full of unrelated pork
    - Shriek that it must pass immediately because the people cannot afford another second to go by
    - Demonize people like Thomas Massie who dare object
    - Spend the next 6 months getting upset about all of the horrible shit buried in 800 pages of text

Hahaha the only thing funny about this is that the tax change in question is the 1 thing to which Massie wouldn't have any objections!
    You might be right about that but then where were the voices who would reliably object to something like this?
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Serious question,
    Don't you find it odd that China has way less deaths than the USA, Italy, Spain, and the UK?
    China, a massive country with a massive population and where the virus originated only has 3,341 deaths to date (https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/?fbclid=IwAR2OsGMYG8H-i4V2AJG-kz92SiSxuQDlnG10Zn9hbZVkFq9ov22fpGzz4tw#countries)

I also find it odd that their neighbour, Russia, has only 140 deaths given their massive population.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    Has anyone seen this documentary yet? I haven't but it's in my saved list on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bXWGxhd7ic&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR33DdSqtr7LwWFp_LNrsQPVrsB69MFkVMQn6j01AP1ru-ax1YuunK4h_kU
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    CM189191 said:
    rgambs said:
    CM189191 said:
    Shame on the World(China) Health Organization for permitting wet markets to reopen in China.

What makes you think the WHO has authority to close or open the wet markets in the first place?

Where would you like millions of Chinese people to get their food?  Would you rather that they starve to death?
    Here you go...
    https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/health-wellbeing/pm-puzzled-by-unfathomable-animal-markets-c-973992?fbclid=IwAR2ktF62BPWD9zEQLFSK9v8seu1NYC4k9TfkAzSRIZ0mj3iK3fFly1K0Eac

So hundreds of thousands of innocent people should die around the world and we should have people losing their jobs and their businesses and being in lockdown. All this which leads to mental health issues and suicides. One person has taken his life in quarantine here.
    You think that is acceptable?
    That is the CCP's problem. They have the money, they should finance making wet markets hygienic.
    They are a massive country, why can't they farm livestock like cattle and sheep for consumption.
    You really don't know much about food production, do you?  On the scale required to feed 1.4 billion people, the next superbug will just come from the Western style livestock farms with which you are culturally comfortable (despite a lack of real experience or knowledge) like Swine Flu, MERS, and who knows what else.

Why do these viruses keep originating in China? Regardless of which animal they come from.
    I doubt they'd come from livestock. 
    More like, from bats and pangolins.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/industry-scrambles-to-stop-fatal-bird-flu-in-south-carolina
    South Carolina is not in China

If bats & pangolins were farmed, wouldn't that just make them livestock too?
    If they were safe (no presence of viruses) then I guess, yes it would.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,543
    Serious question,
    Don't you find it odd that China has way less deaths than the USA, Italy, Spain, and the UK?
    China, a massive country with a massive population and where the virus originated only has 3,341 deaths to date (https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/?fbclid=IwAR2OsGMYG8H-i4V2AJG-kz92SiSxuQDlnG10Zn9hbZVkFq9ov22fpGzz4tw#countries)

I also find it odd that their neighbour, Russia, has only 140 deaths given their massive population.
    No, I find it China and Russia doing what they always do, hide information from the rest of the world. Nothing new about that. They also just lock people down because they can. Their numbers, while probably not as low as reporting, may very well be not as bad as other countries that just suggest people stay home.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    Could be that or......they have a treatment they are not sharing with the world.
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,832
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

What a fucking moron.

Moronic.

Thank you.
    You might have a point if he wasn't at odds with common sense and the consensus of the rest of the scientific community of the entire world lol

I SAW PEARL JAM
    edited April 2020
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

What a fucking moron.

Moronic.

Thank you.
    So then, lets look at your point --

You are saying that Anthony Fauci and his Raspy Common Sense Rascals, if they came over here to Sweden would find

1) Huge outbreaks at schools, that has been somehow missed by the Swedish Public Health Agency?
    2) A huge problem with kids bringing corona back home from school completely vaporizing families and communities, that has been missed by the Swedish Public Health Agency?

Are you saying that the rest of the scientific community would find all of these cases, that's not been picked up by the PHA?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 Posts: 10,739
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,624
    Serious question,

reporting was and still is lax for both.

however China locked shit the fuck down.for a couple months.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

What a fucking moron.

Moronic.

Thank you.

You are saying that Anthony Fauci and his Raspy Common Sense Rascals, if they came over here to Sweden would find

1) Huge outbreaks at schools, that has been somehow missed by the Swedish Public Health Agency?
    2) A huge problem with kids bringing corona back home from school completely vaporizing families and communities, that has been missed by the Swedish Public Health Agency?

Are you saying that the rest of the scientific community would find all of these cases, that's not been picked up by the PHA?
    I am saying Sweden, with it's relaxed approach, will be seeing high levels of infection and fatality across all segments of it's population.
    Time will tell.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,624
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

What a fucking moron.

Moronic.

Thank you.

I am saying Sweden, with it's relaxed approach, will be seeing high levels of infection and fatality across all segments of it's population.
    Time will tell.
    to what % of the population has been tested...  
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,129
    mickeyrat said:
    Serious question,

reporting was and still is lax for both.

however China locked shit the fuck down.for a couple months.
    That’s the difference here in the states population we I’ll never stand for the way locked it down , they don’t have the same freedoms as we do..

jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Yesterday we had the least amount of deaths in this hospital for a 24 hr period , 41 before that it was above 55 to 65 per day...
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

What a fucking moron.

Moronic.

Thank you.

Time will tell.
    This is another discussion than Tegnell releasing data of what they are seeing right now. 
  • OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,970
    Yesterday we had the least amount of deaths in this hospital for a 24 hr period , 41 before that it was above 55 to 65 per day...

Wow...I'm not sure where you live or what your job is in that hospital, but regardless that sounds really tough.  Stay healthy (mentally, too)...
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    OnWis97 said:

Wow...I'm not sure where you live or what your job is in that hospital, but regardless that sounds really tough.  Stay healthy (mentally, too)...
    Long Island 10 miles from Manhattan, Queens  boroughs are next door to us..
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,195

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    State Department cables warned of safety issues at Wuhan lab studying bat coronaviruses

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/04/14/state-department-cables-warned-safety-issues-wuhan-lab-studying-bat-coronaviruses/

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,510
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

What a fucking moron.

Moronic.

Thank you.

On a per capita basis, being 33 times smaller than the US, Sweden has the equivalent of nearly 400,000 cases. Does Sweden have the immigrant communities like we have in the US that enhances spread?
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,510
    Maybe the debating wet markets was a waste of time. This article is chilling.

Two years before the novel coronavirus pandemic upended the world, U.S. Embassy officials visited a Chinese research facility in the city of Wuhan several times and sent two official warnings back to Washington about inadequate safety at the lab, which was conducting risky studies on coronaviruses from bats. The cables have fueled discussions inside the U.S. government about whether this or another Wuhan lab was the source of the virus — even though conclusive proof has yet to emerge.

In January 2018, the U.S. Embassy in Beijing took the unusual step of repeatedly sending U.S. science diplomats to the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV), which had in 2015 become China’s first laboratory to achieve the highest level of international bioresearch safety (known as BSL-4). WIV issued a news release in English about the last of these visits, which occurred on March 27, 2018. The U.S. delegation was led by Jamison Fouss, the consul general in Wuhan, and Rick Switzer, the embassy’s counselor of environment, science, technology and health. Last week, WIV erased that statement from its website, though it remains archived on the Internet.

“During interactions with scientists at the WIV laboratory, they noted the new lab has a serious shortage of appropriately trained technicians and investigators needed to safely operate this high-containment laboratory,” states the Jan. 19, 2018, cable, which was drafted by two officials from the embassy’s environment, science and health sections who met with the WIV scientists. (The State Department declined to comment on this and other details of the story.)

“The cable was a warning shot,” one U.S. official said. “They were begging people to pay attention to what was going on.”

No extra assistance to the labs was provided by the U.S. government in response to these cables. The cables began to circulate again inside the administration over the past two months as officials debated whether the lab could be the origin of the pandemic and what the implications would be for the U.S. pandemic response and relations with China.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/04/14/state-department-cables-warned-safety-issues-wuhan-lab-studying-bat-coronaviruses/
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

What a fucking moron.

Moronic.

Thank you.

On a per capita basis, being 33 times smaller than the US, Sweden has the equivalent of nearly 400,000 cases. Does Sweden have the immigrant communities like we have in the US that enhances spread?
    Wait what?

Didn't realize we were blaming immigrants now...
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

What a fucking moron.

Moronic.

Thank you.

Don't know what you are referring to completely but:

Over a thousand people have now died in covid-19 in Sweden, an increase of 114 people since yesterday.
    People born in Somalia, Iraq and Syria are overrepresented around those infected, according to new figures from the Public Health Authority.
    - We will study these groups over time, says Anders Tegnell.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,112
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

What a fucking moron.

Moronic.

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.